An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Pansexual1KDouble Master
02-25-2024, 08:28 PM

Some days were doable, others less so. Today Aka was feeling more limber than usual and although fatigue still plagued him he was determined to make use of his lessened pain. He left his den and searched for a good place to hold lessons, namely fight lessons. He'd heard that Kina was doing well with her skills and was ready for more advanced training which Aka was all to happy to provide. Though he preferred to stick to crafting he knew it was important for the younger ones to learn the skills they'd need to defend themselves as well as the pack. He moved to a nice clearing in the outdoor training grounds and tipped back his head to call for Kina. They had work to do.

Kina

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Fighter (270)

Master Intellectual (248)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

OverachieverOoh La LaSnake Eyes
02-27-2024, 09:02 PM

Kina

Kina was digging through the earth, searching for another good pocket of clay she could use to make some tea cups when she heard Aka call for her. Her ears perked up? Oh, was it time for her fight training already? Eager to make a good presentation she slipped into the stream to wash the mud from her paws. Once clean she shook the water from her coat and headed over to the outdoor training grounds. She arrived to see Aka waiting for her and she bowed respectfully to him in greeting. "I am ready, Sensei." Kina was eager to continue improving her fighting skills. She was getting the basics down well but it was now time to move on to the next step.

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Master Intellectual (240)

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
02-27-2024, 09:03 PM

Aka did not have to wait long for Kina to arrive. He dipped his head to return her greeting and blinked a bit in surprise at the title but he made no comment on it. He'd taught her a few things already, it made sense she'd view him as a sort of teacher. "I have heard you are doing well with your training but that you still limit yourself to one attack. One attack is easier for your opponent to track and defend against thank multiple. You can use not only your fangs but your chest and shoulders to shove and push. In some cases you can use your claws but remember you don't always need to cause damage. Use your paws to shove and pull an opponents limbs, shake their balance. And don't forget your horns." He paused and looked to her. "If I am your opponent, what are some ways you could manage multiple attacks against me?"

Kina

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-27-2024, 09:04 PM

Kina

Soon after her arrival the lesson began. Kina listened intently as Aka explained the subject of the days lesson, attacking with multiple attacks. Everything he said made sense and she often wondered about trying to attack either in rapid succession or in tandem like some of her older opponents had. Aka asked her some options and she frowned a little before a few ideas came to her. "Yes, Sensei. I could attack from the front, throw my chest into the front of your right leg and bite where it connects to your chest. This would cause damage and, perhaps, when I am bigger it would unbalance my opponent." She looked to him for confirmation that this was what he was looking for.

Áskell

"Goes by Aka"

Somnium

Master Intellectual (240)

Expert Fighter (165)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-27-2024, 09:06 PM

Aka nodded at the girl's suggestion of using both her chest and her teeth to strike an opponents front leg. This was a good strategy as she also had her horns to help in retaliation if an opponent leaned down to grab her head. He could see her continuing to think. "A good start, what else could you do? I'd like to hear what you could do with your horns." He knew such a weapon could be useful in a fight. He'd seen how effective Hanzo's horns were in battle and he knew the children could be just as capable though he understood why it was secondary on the girls mind. Fangs were very useful for causing damage as well as grabbing hold, not to mention one could look right at one's target while biting.

Kina

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-27-2024, 09:06 PM

Kina

Kina was glad that her line of thinking was correct. She'd given one good suggestion but Aka prompted her for another, mentioning her horns. She frowned. That was one area she had not focused on, particularly because they were still just nubs. However, they would be useful once they'd fully grown in. "Well… I suppose I could use more horns to strike an opponents leg higher up, then use one of my paws to pull that limb forward. Between the head strike and paw I should be able to unbalance them, yes?" She knew shaking an opponents balance could have huge effects on the battle.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Level Up Bamboo Maze 08:28 PM, 02-25-2024 12:52 PM, 03-24-2024