Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
02-01-2024, 11:57 PM

When he speaks, she finally allows herself to relax, adjusting her position to be less on his ribs, but she still has a limb slung across him possessively, as if she's worried that if she takes it away, he'll continue his stupid retreat back to the isle. He'd probably trip down the stairs and break his neck at this rate. Her voice was softer than it had been in a long time. “I've never wanted anyone else you stupid fool, I'm not sure I could. But I've never been so hurt either. You think I wanted to die?” She took her paw off his face to wipe away her tears and she looked away from him. “It hurt. It still hurts.” Her sniffles were getting worse, if she wasn't careful, she'd start coughing next. Maybe the window wasn't such a terrible way to go? “I'm terribly worried we won't be able to fix us. No matter how we try, so I'm afraid to even bother if it only means getting hurt like that again.”

Abraxas above but she hated being vulnerable. It was so, messy, and her eyes would be all gross and red and puffy. Urgh, how could he possibly have feelings for someone that looked like that?

“Speech.”

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
02-02-2024, 12:11 AM

Her paw shifts, weight lifting from his ribs so he can exhale a long breath. His eyes flutter close as he tries to let his lungs fall back into rhythm. He doesn't miss the possessive limb lain across him. Was he imaging that? Laying still to not ruin the moment, he waits. Giving Modesty all the time she needed before speaking, he lets her have it. Lets her talk, remained patient, quiet, even scoots an inch or so closer to her so she doesn't have to stretch so far.

You think I wanted to die?

Well, of course he didn't think that. Maybe for a split second. Having that many pups could put a woman through some ups and downs. Wouldn't blame her if she had questioned it as one point or another. But still, he never thought she actually wished to be dead. He listens to her sniffle and wishes he could reach out to wipe away her tears. To hold her close, but he doesn't want to upset her. Letting out a sigh, he can't bring himself to look at her yet.

"It was hard not being able to see you. Sakana insisted that I leave you to recover. I was driving myself crazy. Caught up in my own head. The idiotic decisions I made had nothing to do with you. I never sought out anyone. I have always wanted you and only you," though Gil whispers, his voice is stern, confident, and firm. He wants her to understand that he's serious.

"I can't tell you to not hurt because I know I hurt you and I wish I hadn't. I can grovel as much as you'd like, but it won't fix what I fucked up," he can't hide the growl in his throat. Directed at him and only him. "I want to fix us. I love you, Modesty. You are the woman I envisioned being with for the rest of my life. No one else matters except for you," Gil pauses, finally bringing himself to look up at her. "Please, if there is anything I can do to prove to you that I am more than serious, tell me," he is near begging as he lays there on the floor, pinned beneath her, refusing to move until she allows him to get up.

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

02-02-2024, 12:24 AM

He was right, groveling wouldn't fix it, and that wasn't what she wanted anyway, but when he asked her to tell him what to do to fix it, she groaned and pushed him away, rising up to circle on herself across the window just in case he got any more stupid ideas. I don't know how to fix it. she grumbled, flopping back down on the floor with more distance between them. I don't know it can be fixed. It had taken her an age to admit she had feelings for him the first time around, despite her silly pick up lines. There wasn't some magical gesture that would make everything like it was before. “It's going to take time,” how long she couldn't say, but no band aid solution would be enough for her to trust him again. “I need you to prove you mean it.”

“Speech.”

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
02-12-2024, 04:37 PM

Suddenly, Modesty is pushing on him, lifting up and moving away. If he were being honest, he had been enjoying the closeness. It had been the closest they had been in awhile. The realization hurt his heart more than he expected. He lifts his head to watch her circle and then plop down across the window. A raise of his brow, but he understands. No more stupid decisions he supposed.

Before he could say anything else, she was grumbling. Grumbling how she didn't know if they could fix it. Gil frowns, his heart breaking even more. Looking away from Modesty, he lets out a sigh and nods his head. He understands and wasn't going to argue it. Her conditions were fair, understandable. Her last sentence though has him looking back to her. Prove it? What did she mean? She wouldn't let him get rid of Jael, so what? Purposefully ignoring the girl? Did she want to be pampered more? How was he suppose to figure out this puzzle?

Letting out a thoughtful hum, he gets possibly a stupid fucking idea. Gil army crawls a few paces closer to Modesty, his elbows cracking against the stone and his claws clicking loudly, trying to gather some traction. When he's just close enough, he lays his chin upon the stone floor and reaches it as far as it go. Within this space, he can just barely grasp his teeth gently around her tail and give it a light and playful tug. "Well, anything I can do for you, right here and now?" Gil questions, his brow raising slightly once more as he looks up at her from the floor.

"speech"

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

02-16-2024, 06:46 PM

Modesty openly scowled as Gilgamesh stretched out to crawl towards her. Her muzzle wrinkled as he reached out like a puppy pushing mother's buttons, seeing how much he could get away with. She growled a warning when he tugged her tail and jerked it out from between teeth, flicking the tip to smack across the end of his muzzle, the long fur obscuring his sight of her. It was stupid, she was still so mad at him, but she'd be a liar if she didn't admit there were several solutions to the ongoing itch that had her so... aggressive at the moment. Even if her stomach did churn uncomfortably with fear that if she did give in, he'd just spend the whole time thinking about someone else. Then again, there were ways around that.

She reached out with her hind leg to push into his cheek with claws, turning his head into the stone floor and leaving her tail obscuring his sight. "What on earth makes you think you are worthy of doing anything for me?" Her voice was full of disdain, though she was interested to hear what possible excuse he might have.

"speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
02-21-2024, 10:00 AM

What he had thought was a playful move, one that would be safe, proved to be the opposite. Her resounding growl and wrenching of her tail from his grasp leaves his ears falling backward. Even as her tail flops back over his face so that his vision is obscured, a growl emanates from his own throat. Why would she not let him do something for her? Frustrated, Gil lets out a grumbling noise until he feels her claws press against his cheek.

His eyes go wide as his head is turned, skin rubbing against the floor. Her seething words of disdain bring another growl from his throat as he presses back into her claws until blood seeps slowly from opened skin. "I was worthy enough before. Twice at least from the looks of how many pups we have running around," his muzzle wrinkles, words slightly muffled from the pressure of her paw against his face. "One mistake does not make a man a failure for the rest of his life," Gil says, attempting to move her tail from his face with a free paw. "I'm not suggesting anything that you wouldn't be comfortable with. It can be anything your heart desires," whatever it may be. A massage, a grooming, just being there to a lay beside, walking her home, picking up her shit, he doesn't care, it was her choice.

"speech"

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

02-23-2024, 09:26 PM

If he could clear the fur of her tail from his vision, he might be able to catch a bit of the heat and playfulness that was lurking in her glare. She even lessened some of the pressure on his cheek so he could sneak a peek if he dared. Gilgamesh wasn't a clever man, but she'd never loved him for his smarts. All that said, Modesty did hope he'd catch on before she lost interest in the game.

"Oh?" She answered to the comment about their children, allowing her amusement to be evident in her response. "Perhaps it's been so long I've forgotten." Her mood was clearly improving though she went back to applying pressure to his cheek, reveling in the way he barely fought back.

When he spoke of her heart's desire, she shifted to her feet, replacing her rear paw with her front and pressing her nose against the thrumming pulse in his throat, just behind his jaw and under his ear. She'd only need to whisper this close. "My heart desires you dead, but my soul..." She allowed her lower canines to drag gently through the thin fur of his throat, making sure he caught the mischief in her grin before the gesture turned into a quick peck of a kiss. She jumped over her not-husband and made for the door with a flick of her tail. "Catch me if you can... I might make it worth your while." She teased, heading for the lower levels of the once palace.

"speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
03-04-2024, 11:24 AM

The slight lift of pressure from his cheek was a sign that he could dare to take a peek. His gaze shifting up to hers, noticing the heat flaring in her eyes. Ah, the Modesty he had known and come to love. It was a look that he hadn't seen in awhile and one he realized he missed dearly. How idiotic could he really be? Very if we were actually keeping score.

Keeping his eyes on her, Gil can't help but frown. Okay, maybe it had been too long and that was his bad. Even if she had been deathly ill, he could have done things for her to keep the tempo going of their relationship. All the blame was on him and he knew it. The fact that she was even giving him another chance was a blessing sent by the gods. Before he could answer, the pressure was reapplied to his cheek and he couldn't help but let out a little whine.

Could she not pity him and at least allow him to lift his head a little? Perhaps she read his mind as she lifted to her paws, briefly giving him a moment to catch his breath before a forepaw was pressed back against his cheek. A rumbling growl filled with desire and intimacy lifted him from as her presses beneath his ear, feeling the way his pulse quickened the close she got to him. Her words don't bring fear to him, but pleasure. Even as her canines drag along the skin beneath his ear, it's clear that Gil wants her in ways aren't suitable for prying eyes.

Another whine leaves him as she gives him a pecking kiss, his muzzle quickly turning to try and steal another one from her. But she leaves him no time or room to do so and instead is jumping over him and out toward the doorway. Scrambling up to his paws, he wastes no time to follow. "I'm sure I'll do more than catch you," his husky tones echo around the darkened hallway as he follows Modesty into the lower levels of the palace.

"speech"

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

03-09-2024, 07:31 PM
-post 15/20-

Here in these tunnels and caverns, it was as much a game of hide and seek as it was a race. Modesty skipped stairs as she bounded downwards, veering to the right along a path that angled upward before leaping to the left and pushing off the wall to leave bare ground where the paths split. Anything that might slow Gilgamesh up a bit.

Her lungs laboured with the sudden movement, a dry cough echoing off the walls and giving her away as she continued down into the belly of the mountain, any residual light from the moon vanishing forcing her eyes to adjust to the darkness. She hadn't spent much time down here. There was always a chance she was going to hit a dead end.

"speech"

Modesty vs Gilgamesh for Race
Round 1/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Balanced
Skills: Master Navigator & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Professor

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
03-12-2024, 10:21 AM

Modesty had always been slightly faster than him. Her agile movements and surefooted ways led her farther from him than he expected. Plus, he barely knew this structure while she probably knew it forward, backward, and with her eyes closed. But he continued on after her anyway. Bounding down the stairs, veering around a corner, almost smashing into a wall. Did anyone ever mention how difficult it was to find purchase on smooth stone? And just when he thought he was nearing her, her prints vanished from the dust as the path split.

Coming to a halt, he looks both left and right. Frustrated, he lets out a playful growl just as her cough echoes down the hallway toward him. "You can't hide forever," Gil calls out, a smirk playing on his lips as he pushes forward. Rushing down the hallway after the sound of her dry coughs, he picks up her tracks once more. "The more you run, the more fun I'll get to have with you later," his husky tones once more call out as he runs quickly after her.

"speech"

Gilgamesh vs Modesty for Race
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Skills: Master Intellectual & Master Fighter
Specialty: Blessed

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

03-13-2024, 02:03 AM
-post 16/20-

She could hear Gilgamesh gaining on her and she chuckled, swallowing to try and suppress another cough as she raced through what had once been slave quarters. A narrow corridor seemed to angle downwards but the fresh breeze that blew through betrayed its final destination and she took it, down and then up. "You have to catch me first..." she taunted back, her illness wreaking havoc on her stamina, but her stubborn determination was still there in full force. The incline was a slow killer, the tunnel turning left and then right, gradually worn away, carved out by running water over millennia probably, though Modesty would never claim to know for sure.

Fresh air, starlight, and the sound of distantly crashing waves seemed to rain down on her as she finally made her way out of the old palace and into the jungle that surrounded it. The distant wooping of monkeys seeming to cheer the racing wolves on.

"speech"

Modesty vs Gilgamesh for Race
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Skills: Master Navigator & Master Intellectual
Specialty: Professor

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
03-22-2024, 06:28 AM

Gil would be the first to gladly admit that he was not made for endurance. Fighting? sure. He could do stints of pushed energy to over power his foe. But racing? The strain on his poorly healed bone breaks and tight muscles was beginning to burn and itch. And though Modesty suppressed her coughs, Gil still worried for her. When had they grown so old?

Determined to catch up to her, Gil pushes forward anyway. Chasing after her through the slave corridors, up and then down, and around a few turns. When the fresh air hits him, he smiles a bit larger. If he could get to her out in the open, this chase would turn into some far easier. Through another corridor he goes, hot on her heels when the light of the moon opens up to them. Bursting into the night air, Gil reaches forward...

"speech"

Gilgamesh vs Modesty for Race
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Skills: Master Intellectual & Master Fighter
Specialty: Blessed

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
03-23-2024, 11:04 AM

And the winner is...

GILGAMESH

MODESTY has lost the race.

Totals:

MODESTY:
Speed Roll: 51
Stamina Roll: 21
Balance Roll: 63
Total: 135
Speed[51] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 51.00
Stamina[21] + 10% Bonus[2.10]: 23.10
Balance[63] + 5% Bonus[3.15]: 66.15
Total[140.25] + 25% Bonus[35.06]: 175.31

GILGAMESH:
Speed Roll: 50
Stamina Roll: 65
Balance Roll: 90
Total: 205
Speed[50] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 50.00
Stamina[65] + 10% Bonus[6.50]: 71.50
Balance[90] + 5% Bonus[4.50]: 94.50
Total[216.00] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 216.00

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

03-29-2024, 12:25 AM
-17/20-

The tap to her back end bought a savage smile to her face, but she coughed again and stumbled, slowing, conceding defeat. Her breath came in ragged pants and she stumbled towards a nearby freshwater trickle that could probably count as a stream with a little bit of rain. For right now, the water was cool and fresh and flowing. She hacked in a very unladylike fashion for a few moments while she tried to catch her breath and lapped at the water enough to ease her aching throat.

Immediate threat of her cough continuing dispelled, the run having done her some good, her stance was much more relaxed when she raised her head again, chest still heaving as she fought to finish catching her breath, tail waving loosely at her back. She looked back to Gilgamesh with a smirk, "Well, you caught me..." she conceded, standing her ground defiantly, "Now what are you going to do with me?"

"speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
04-05-2024, 12:08 PM

His nose taps against her back end and he feels the pride and excitement of winning already coursing through his veins. Slowing to a stop, his eyes widen with concern. Her loud hacking and coughing as she stumbles to a nearby creek has his heart wrenching. Was she okay? Gil's brow scrunches for a moment as he waits for Mod to be finished doing whatever it was that she needed to do. Keeping a comfortable distance, he watches as Mod finishes and turns to him, smiling as if she hadn't just been dying.

Gil smiles anyway, stepping toward Modesty. "You sure you could handle what I want to do with you?" He teases, smile growing as he reaches out to lick at her muzzle. With the distance closed between them, he presses his chest against her and lets his teeth rake down her fur, careful to mind her quills. "Don't think I haven't noticed what season it is," Gil murmurs quietly as he continues to groom Modesty's fur.

"speech"

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

04-06-2024, 07:53 PM
-18/20-

There was still an unpleasant knot in her stomach when Gilgamesh reached out to rake his teeth through her fur, the ever present burning of bile at the back of her throat. Modesty did her best to keep the worry off her face, a slight pinching at the corner of her eyes the only hint of her distrust, a grin pulling at the corner of her lips to give the illusion of comfort. Maybe if she just pushed through it, everything would be better. Things could go back to the way they were. "I'm sure I can handle it," She sounded a lot more confident than she felt, still caught up in her own head wondering why he would bother if he didn't even find her attractive enough to not get feelings for someone else.

The mention of the season had her grin twisting down into a frown. "We might have to give that topic a bit more thought," After all, she'd almost died last time. "Maybe a bit more space on the mainland so I don't drown in labour, hmm?" It was meant as a joke, but she didn't quite pull it off with the way her lips drew tight and her tongue darted out to anxiously wet her nose.

"speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
04-14-2024, 08:46 AM

He is a fool, but he isn't blind. Her body doesn't relax or push back into his the way he expects it to. Even her pinched tones have him stepping back, away, really looking at her expression, her face. His own brow pulls downward, lips pulling into a frown as all excitement dissipates. This was the wolf he'd fallen in love with and if she wasn't ready for more, he wasn't so brutish as to force her into it.

Letting out a sigh, Gil nods and reaches out to press his nose against her cheek in hopes it would help comfort her. "Wherever you'd like us to move to, just name it," he says, his own forced smile on his lips, now that his masculine had deflated a bit. Stepping away from her to look out at the shimmering water beneath the moon, he thinks for a moment. "If we don't siege, which I'm not particularly sure we're ready for anyway, what if we move south? Or closer to Ashen? There are options as long as we stay away from the cold," his cheeky smile returns now as he looks back at Modesty. If there was anything he would demand, it would be to stay warm. Having lived in the south for so long made him realize how shitty it was to live where it snowed every yes.

"speech"

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

04-19-2024, 12:45 AM
-19/20-

She appreciates the space he offers her and finds herself conflicted once more. A deep breath through her nose to save from gasping also spares her from another round of coughs as she listens to his thoughts on sieging and a potential move. She didn't deny it would be nice to be a bit closer to family, if for no other reason than she trusted her uncle to not stab her in the back, the way some other members of the Empire wouldn't hesitate to. His comment about the cold got a smirk from her, second, (or was it third or fourth by now?) wind gained. "But we don't want to go somewhere too warm either. Snuggling is so much more appealing when there's a bit of chill in the air..." She stepped closer with a small chuckle. The tiredness around the edge of her eyes betraying that she was about ready to be done with serious topics for tonight.

"speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
04-23-2024, 11:26 AM

Gil might not be the brightest of wolves on the planet, but he could pick up a hint when they were staring him dead in the face. He sees how she struggles to keep up, the tiredness around her eyes even as she flirts with him. His smile betrays his own feelings, stepping closer to meet Modesty in the middle. Reaching out, he closes the distance and wraps his head around her to place his chin over her shoulder. Grooming her fur, he rumbles quietly, a sound of happiness.

"I suppose you make a good point," Gil whispers as he pulls back to look at her, really inspect how she was feeling. "Are you ready to take the walk back home or shall we stay here for the night?" One of his brows lift in question, perfectly okay with either option because really, who would complain about a night alone with their (not) wife?

"speech"

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

05-05-2024, 06:54 PM
-20/20-

She was almost convinced she could see the sun beginning to kiss the sky in the distance, and his words, while sweet, bought a sharp grin to her face. It wasn't just a walk back to the island, it was a hike across the floating bridge, or a raft, or a swim. She sighed, realising her own stubborn foolishness but not wanting to make her way back into that building either. Even with the windows open the hotel felt stifling after all those months cooped up with little but the smell of Sakana's healing herbs to keep her company. She shook her head. "Lets find somewhere to shaded to sleep under what is left of the stars." Otherwise, her temper might be even worse if she awoke with a headache.

"speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. road to transformation Dove Island Archipelago 08:01 PM, 01-05-2024 07:13 AM, 05-07-2024