size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
wicked

Double MasterStudentRapid Poster - Bronze1K
03-16-2024, 10:10 PM
Halo had come, bringing the fittings he'd requested for the treehouse earlier in the season. Hell, when did Halo ever bring just what she said she would? It was a gracious gift, one that had reminded him of the Armada in all the right ways. Gifts often came with expectations, and it would break his heart to disappoint her even more than he worried he already had. No matter how much Halo swore he wasn't... well, you know how Dread is.

She bade him visit, so here he was. The young man waited at the border of the Col, not crossing over. Not wanting to enter the markets under false pretenses, but also... listen, he couldn't be assed walking all the way around. Instead, he approaches in a way that will catch the earliest view of the guard post. There's no aggression in his posture, there's no hostility. Dread has simply come to visit.

"Dread Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
03-17-2024, 08:23 PM
Basilisk’s companion had been quick to find him and inform him of Dread’s presence. An unexpected but welcome development. The Warlord was in the process of emptying out his den so that Basilisk and Hazel could claim it as their own. He immediately abandoned the work, and made his way to the market

He and Dread had come to some sort of understanding during the birthday party, things were not as tense as they had been - but he still didn’t fully know where he stood with his son. Due to the boy's timing, he made an assumption, and leaned forward, offering his paw should Dread choose to accept a hug. “Dread, it’s good to see you. Come to see me off?” He wondered

"Speech"

Dread

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (295)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
wicked

03-17-2024, 08:48 PM
Their relationship had been... strange. Strained. Dread was taking his time away from the family in stride, and he'd really come into his own. Brawnier, bulkier, stronger than he'd been when he'd last seen his father, though it hadn't been all that long. His time among the Raiders had brought about a rugged confidence, one that seemed to suit him.

By contrast, his father looks much the same as he always has. Dread stepped in, greeting his father with a hug. While he doesn't lack warmth, it's also not the most comfortable to him, either. "Halo strongly recommended I come visit when she brought some parts by. Wouldn't tell me why," he shrugged, the implication-- you know how she is.

"See you off?" He was... oh. Shit. Eyebrows lifting, surprised but not surprised surprised.

"Dread Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
03-17-2024, 09:03 PM
”Ahh” Sweet Halo, always trying to help those around her. She must have seen it, seen how it ate at him that he was leaving without a chance to say goodbye to Dread. To tell him where he was off to. He closed his eyes for a moment, silently thanking her before he released Dread, and leaned back to give them room to talk.

“I’m retiring, passing the pack on to Basilisk. I’ve decided to head to the Hallows so he can learn how to be Alpha without me stepping on his toes.” He explained matter of factly to his son. “I’m too old to lead the Armada much longer” A fact that he regretted, and took a long time to come to terms with.

"Speech"

Dread

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
wicked

03-17-2024, 09:27 PM
The pieces sliding into place, he nods. It's gentle. Understanding. He was an old man when they were born, and now? The youngest of them were grown. Time marched on, and they were all getting older. Passing things onto Basilisk as well... Dread nods. It made sense. Still, to see his father passing the mantle off is nearly surreal.

"I see." The words are quiet, taking a moment to let everything sink in. Settle over his system, coming with a little nod. "Congratulations on your retirement." The words are stiff, they feel too formal in his mouth. Dread winces, before steadying his gaze once more.

His tone softened. "Is there anything I can do to help? That's a long walk." It made sense that Halo had asked him to come, even if being up here was still... perhaps a bit uncomfortable.
"Dread Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-17-2024, 09:32 PM
A sly grin appeared momentarily across Seer’s face. It was possible that Dread didn’t remember, he had been very young at the time, and it had been before Zee’s death, which had overshadowed everything. “It’s my second, actually.” He had retired so that he could prioritise raising his children - Dreads litter - with Zee. Her death had thrown him, and he had gone back to the only thing he knew how to do - lead the pack.

“I’m very glad you came, actually.” Not so much so Dread could do something for him, but know what was going on ”This way you will know where to find me, if you ever need me Dread, reach out and I’ll be there.” He promised quietly.

"Speech"

Dread

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
wicked

03-25-2024, 03:07 PM
Dread hadn't remembered, though thoughts of his mother still twisted his guts. It's an ache in his chest, something heavy. Right. Push those thoughts back, that wasn't why he'd come. Too many reminders of why he'd left, though the boy wouldn't let that taint the visit. Dread bites back the angst that bubbles in his chest, wills it away. As quickly as the feelings had risen, they settle. Deep breath, in through his nose. He's okay.

Gaze softening, Dread realizes that he has news of his own. "You're also welcome to visit us. It's safe, if you trust my treehouse construction." The joke is light, a wave of his tail. Though he was trying to make light of the tension that swelled in his chest, Dread's offer is genuine. Modesty had been explicit in her instructions, the Archipelago was open to all. She'd been eager to meet with Halo, and he could only venture it would be the same for Sirius.
"Dread Fatalis"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. i ain't got your name on my hand Dreamer's Col 10:10 PM, 03-16-2024 06:32 PM, 07-29-2024