Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
02-21-2024, 06:13 AM

Charlie had come such a long way from the wolf who had dropped a fight in defence of his bird companion. He had strived to better himself, and put his all into a wolf that could defend his pack and family. The thought of the brown wolf settled something inside of the Warlord. He knew that Charlie would have Bas and Hazel's backs, and would help them as they grew into their new position.

But more than that, he wanted to know if there was anything more Charlie wanted in life. If he had all the tools he needed, and was on the path that he desired the most. If he didn’t have much time left, he would spend it doing everything he could to set his children up in the world. He called for his son as he made his way slowly across the wooden border.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
03-18-2024, 05:27 PM

It was funny how much time had flown by since he was a child. He had come a long way from his innocence as a child, and as things settled within the Armada Charlie had taken up crafting and mending, learning his trade and keeping the forge busy. He had a dagger he’d been working on for Wylan, a gift, and he had just about finalized the mace his father had helped him begin. But above all Charlie was happy. He was proud to be in the Armada, proud to stand with his packmates during their last raid against his brother’s pack. Yorrick and Silveris had done wonderfully in working with him, but the spitfire of a woman he had faced was simply stronger. But that was okay, his brother deserved strong wolves in Valta. He couldn’t be angry about that.

A call from his father brought the young male’s head up. A glowing blade, one of the points of the mace he was forming, lay on a smooth stone he’d been working with it. Gaze flicked to it. It was just about ready… With practiced precision he took the stone he was using to work it and knocked the blade into a makeshift bucket of water. It immediately sizzled as steam rose up, but Charlie wasn’t going to keep his father waiting. He turned away from the forge, still dirty with soot and sweat from his work… but he wore the biggest of grins on his face. He had found what truly made him happy.

Finding his father, Charlie approached the older wolf with tail wagging. Excited as he was to see his old man, he still held the respect of rank in his greeting… at least until he was sure that this was personal and not pack business. “You wanted to see me, Warlord?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
03-18-2024, 11:10 PM

It wasn’t long before Charlie appeared, covered in soot and the marks of his trade. The Warlord let out a soft chuckle, pleased at the sight. It was clear that Charlie had found his calling. He had started to lean that way early on, and had clearly embraced it. Would he be the pack’s next blacksmith? He hoped so. It would set his son up for life.

“I did, I don’t know if the rumours have reached you yet, but I’m retiring, and Basilisk is going to take my place. Before I stepped down, I wanted to ensure there was nothing you needed from me to help set you up for your future” He explained gently.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Charlton

Armada
Warrior

Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
03-31-2024, 04:57 PM

Charlie knew that his father was aging, but the thought that he might be stepping down, rumor or not, had been hard to swallow. In fact, the tawny wolf had dismissed the rumors as merely that - rumors. But hearing the news from his father himself caused the male’s brows to lift in surprise. His expression turned serious, a thoughtful frown appearing on his lips. Was it wrong to assume that Sirius would have led the Armada until the day he died? Perhaps… no wolf, not even one as great as his father, could live forever. He didn’t know Basilisk well, but though his father had made mistakes, as seen with his brother Dread, Seer had shown strength in other decisions and actions that made the young man want to trust in that decision.

“I don’t think that I wanted to believe they were true,” Charlie admitted. The slightest of smiles tugged at the corner of his lips. “Wasn’t sure if anything would have you stepping down, but… I guess you and Isa want some time together without worrying about the weight of a pack.” He gave a soft sigh, but his expression would tell his father that he was okay with this, that he was happy. “You deserve it, dad. You’ve spent your whole life trying to get others on the right path. Hell, even now you’re more worried about making sure your wolves have what they need.” Charlie laughed.

“I thi- no, I know I’m on the right path for my future and I don’t think I need anything more right now. I’m happy, dad, working on things at the forge, being here with my packmates. I’m sure you chose Basilisk will care when you made him your heir, and I promise I will give him every chance and ounce of respect I would have given you.” Unless his nephew proved he didn’t deserve it, but Charlie didn’t think that would happen. The wolves of the Armada were a good lot. At least as far as any interactions he had ever had with them they had been. His expression brightened, ears coming up as he smiled from ear to ear.

“The real question is what you may need from us with you heading off into retirement! So… is there anything you want to address? Anything you want me to keep in mind when Bas steps up as the next Warlord?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Craft your way Dreamer's Col 06:13 AM, 02-21-2024 01:01 PM, 04-28-2024