An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
06-17-2024, 07:21 AM
It was a warm night, the air carried a muggy humidity that even Hattori found unpleasant. Lingering at one of the many streams that meandered through the Maze, he bowed down to lap at the water, finding the water here refreshing in a way he couldn't quite pinpoint why. Because the streams were so close to their source spring? Or simply because he had been drinking the water here for so long, it was all his senses knew, anything else would taste bitter. Admittedly, he had never actually found the source of the maze's few streams, he knew they existed of course but had never made an effort to map out their location. With the nature of the maze he doubted anyone would ever know it in its entirety, but as long as he and his kin could navigate the majority of it, he saw no reason to threat. Though perhaps one day it would serve them well to have a map made, he pondered, as he slowly followed the stream east.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Kina

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Fighter (270)

Master Intellectual (248)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

OverachieverOoh La LaSnake Eyes
06-18-2024, 10:20 AM

The heat and humidity did nothing to ease her discomfort as she tossed upon her tatami. Kina had healed at last from her illness but she kept mostly to herself during that time. She'd been irritable and easily overwhelmed. Too much noise, too much movement, it all caused her to stress. It wasn't until many weeks had passed that she felt like she could ease back into pack life. Realizing sleep wasn't going to visit her while the bamboo sweltered under the heat wave she slipped out into the night air. It was a bit cooler out here but not by much. Off in the distance she could see the faint outline of clouds and hoped that a storm would roll through and sweep this terrible humidity away from them.

Heading down to the stream she recognized the form of her father. A quiet girl, she said nothing and simply moved up next to him, seeking to lean against his shoulder.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
06-23-2024, 06:38 AM

His daughter joined him in silence, moving to lean against his shoulder as he came to a standstill. He had not expected Kina's company but appreciated it all the same. Though many would argue-and rightly so- that he was not a good Father or man, he was doing good by his children. Firm but fair, aloof but not unkind. The world was harsh enough out there, Hattori had very little interest in adding onto it, in making things worse than they already were.

Still, his daughter seemed disquieted. His white brows furrowed as he looked down at her, allowing her to lean against him if that was what she desired.

"What are you thinking about?"

Kina

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

07-14-2024, 01:05 PM

Kina rested in the gentle breeze of the wind through the bamboo leaves, the chirping of the birds and the filtered light the bamboo provided. It was like a protective nest sheltering her from the outside world. Her father asked her what she was thinking and Kina pondered for a minute on her own thoughts before replying. "I've been having trouble sleeping since my sickness. Everything seems so much. Too much light… too much heat… I wonder how much longer til I am back to the way I was before. Or… if I shall even get there."

Kina didn't like to think about the later option. It seemed so unfair, especially at her young age to already be permanently changed by an illness.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

07-20-2024, 10:55 AM
Hattori knew she'd gone through a period of being unwell, that she'd been tended to by the healers who had kept a close eye on her. It was good to see her out and about of her own accord, but the admission that she did not feel quite right yet did give him pause, his gaze flitting to her face. Though he trusted in the talent of his clan mates, he would seek outside help if he must, if this condition kept effecting his pale daughter.

He exhaled slightly, letting a silence settle before he spoke once more. Hattori did not speak of his childhood often, or at all really, some things were better left out of sight and mind. Memories he ought not to dwell on, since he knew it would do no good.

"You will get there, you are strong and will only get stronger still." He exhaled, not really a reassurance, it felt like he was merely stating a fact. The finality of it all."I was quite the sickly child. Most of my siblings died at birth, with the rest passing before they were two seasons old." He remembered some of them, fleeting memories of faces, rare moments they were allowed to play and just be children. With their deaths, their names had been erased, as if they had never existed to begin with- but he remembered, in part. Kiyo was with them now, something he felt she would have found solace in.

Kina

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

08-25-2024, 03:33 PM

Sunlight traced its way through the bamboo and Kina focused her gaze on the stippled patches of light. As she watched she continued to focus on her breathing. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Whenever she felt herself drifting to the pain and the worry she drew her mind back to her breath as well as her father's words. She believed him, that she would get stronger. Thought when he stated that he'd been a sickly child she gasped in surprise. Her ruby eyes tore away from the dappled light to meet his. It was hard to imagine her father ever being sickly. He'd always been so strong in her eyes. It was hard to think of him struggling. He explained that many of his siblings had passed away young.

"I see… It is hard for me to picture you being sick. I am glad you recovered and I hope you do not fall sick again." She leaned her body toward his, hoping to take comfort in the closeness.