An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
06-09-2024, 01:43 AM

The news of Hazel’s departure reached Wylan, and remembering how he had felt when Halo had left the pack… he knew Spider must be feeling even worse. No one knew if Hazel was coming back. His heart went out to his friend. He gathered some things, and then went searching for Spider.

He found them not long into his search with the help of his companions. He trotted up to Spider and pulled his gift out of the small satchel hidden beneath his wings. He presented the bouquet to the other wolf, filled with all his favourite flowers by look or scent. “Hey Spider, I heard about Hazel. I wanted to check how you were doing… and I made you this.” He said, holding it out to them.

"Wylan Fatalis"
[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-09-2024, 11:42 PM
a smile breaks out across Spider’s face, small but genuine, and they bury their face in the bouquet. it’s a soothing cocktail of floral scents, and it’s beauty gentles some of the ache in their chest. “thanks, Wyl,” they murmur, touched by his thoughtfulness. Wylan had been their first real friend in the Armada, and through all his own hardships, he’s remained unfailingly kind. they move to draw him into a hug, snuggling into his large chest. maybe he can lower his wings and make them a little house to hide in. “i’m sorry, too,” they murmur against his fur. ”i heard about Halo. i…should’ve said something sooner, but i didn’t know how.” for such a loquacious person, sometimes Spider can’t find the words. ”maybe we can split this,” they joke, gesturing to the bouquet.
1-D4-BC8-FA-F2-A8-4248-A607-57-A418-BA7-D2-C-removebg-preview

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
06-09-2024, 11:48 PM

A surprised smile bursts across Wylan’s muzzle as Spider draws him into a hug, and he wraps both his wings around the smaller wolf in a big chest-squeezing hug. Holding them tightly for a moment, before relaxing his grip. But his wings still hung tightly around them, just a push away if Spider wanted the comfort.

“Halo’s--” He cut the words off hard and sharp, realising what he had been about to say, his eyes wide with the shock of his thoughtlessness. Halo’s coming back was a cruel, nasty thing to say to a wolf who had just lost their mother. “Uhh… That’s okay, I know you would have.” He said instead, trying to find his balance in the conversation again. “You can have the flowers, and how about you save me a tasty piece of meat in your next hunt?’ He suggested instead, hoping his slip wasn’t about to cost him a friend.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-10-2024, 07:59 AM
oh, ouch. a stab to the chest would’ve hurt less. Spider’s face does something complicated, kind of half a smile and half a grimace, almost a spasm. they’re pretty sure they know what Wylan was about to say, and they’re pretty sure he didn’t mean any real harm, but yeah. wow. bit tactless, and that’s coming from them. Spider decides they want nothing more than to be curled up in their bed right now, buried under a pile of blankets. “yeah, um. i might go put these in water.” they lift the bouquet, waving it demonstrably. “thanks again, Wylan. it was a sweet gesture.” they turn to go.

"Speech"

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
06-10-2024, 12:07 PM
“No, wait! Wylan said, afraid of what it would mean for their friendship if Spider walked away then. He hadn't meant it! The words had almost slipped out on sheer habit. He'd been saying it so long to everyone, to himself, like a mantra to hold onto. Afraid that if he didn't the opposite would come true.”I… I came to help.” He said quietly, trying not to put his paw in it any further. 

“And to see if you wanted stay in the treehouse for a bit” he continued, giving Spider a shy little smile. He knew going into Halos den - his childhood den- gave him mixed feelings right now. In the treehouse, Spider would have company. Kids his age. “There's always room for you under my wing.”

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-11-2024, 07:29 AM
Spider pauses in their tracks, glancing back at Wylan’s worried face. in all honesty, they hadn’t wanted to leave things like this. “sorry,” they sigh, shuffling their feet. “i’m a bit touchy right now.” they’ve always been susceptible to their emotions, but it’s even worse now, like riding a treacherous current through a storm-hewn sea. they wish they could be more like Bas, stoic and compartmentalising. Wylan’s offer makes them smile again - he’s good at that, the cheeky little bugger - but they still give a gentle shake of their head. “i think it might be a bit painful for me, staying there.” without her hangs, unspoken, between them. they move, then, to duck underneath Wylan’s right wing with a playful quirk to their mouth. “but i’ll always take you up on that offer, Feathers.”

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
06-20-2024, 04:58 PM

Wylan watched Spider with a hopeful, worried expression. His heart in his throat, and in his paws. But that was the kind of wolf he was. He felt easily, and loudly, and he wasn’t afraid to show it. When Spider apologised, Wylan knew it was going to be okay. He’d still have to be a little more careful with his friend, but they weren’t broken.

“I’m sorry, I forgot you lived there first.” He admitted, thinking his offer would be helping Spider get away. But it wouldn’t really, would it? He giggled when Spider ducked under his wing, and tried to tickle the other with the end of a feather.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-21-2024, 04:19 AM
Spider snorts with laughter, the sound rather undignified as they try to shuffle out of range without giving up their feathered shelter. “oi! c-cut it out!” their sides heave as they giggle, and it’s a relief to feel something other than anger or numbness. once they’ve calmed down, Spider draws back to look Wylan in the eye, hesitating as a thought comes to mind. “actually, i…I wanted to check in with you about something.” anxiety squirms through them, but they push on, determined.

“are you, um…okay with Bas naming me potential heir?” they search Wylan’s gaze for a hint of unrest, of anger. “it’s only…i worry you feel like i’m encroaching on your birthright.” Wylan would probably never voice it out loud if he was upset, so Spider wants to give him the floor. give him the opportunity to air any of the grievances he may have felt unable to express.

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
06-21-2024, 03:18 PM

Spiders laughter fixed the worry in Wylan’s heart. Hearing the happiness in his friends voice only spurred Wylan on, and he tickled them a little more before letting things calm down. As soon as they did so, he realised Spider had something to say. He settled, keeping one wing over Spider, but clear enough that they could meet his eyes.

“Yeah?” Wylan asked, always happy to help out a friend with whatever Spider wanted to ask him. When Spider said what they wanted to say, however… he burst out laughing. “Oh my god.” Wylan said, rubbing his eyes and trying to put his laughter back away again. “Oh my god, Spider. Your Bas’s kid you have a stronger claim than I do. I’d rather be a healer, anyway. But I'll do what needs doing, I know being an Alpha is hard for Bas.” He explained. Really, he was just along for the ride.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-22-2024, 08:47 AM
Spider lowers their head, a pleased flush working its way into their cheeks. they still forget, sometimes, that their claim is just as valid as a blood member of the pack. and to know that Wylan sees them as family…it thaws some of the ice in their chest. ”oh…okay.” Spider can’t help but embrace Wylan again, hooking their chin over his shoulder. ”thanks, Wyl. you’re…a really good friend.” their eyes shine with tears, but they blink them away. this is their family, and they won’t let anyone take it from them.

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
06-22-2024, 01:05 PM
A blush spread across Spider's  features, and Wylan hoped the other wolf hadn't been stressing over this. Of course he wasn't upset that they had been named heir. It was the natural position for them!

“Oh!” He said in surprise as Spider suddenly embraced them. He returned it, wrapping first a paw and then both wings around the other wolf. Holding them tightly to him for a moment. He was a wolf made for hugging. “You're my family and my friend Spider. I want to be here for you, okay?” He told the smaller wolf gently, pulling away just enough to look at them again. So things were going to be okay between them, right?

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Friends look out for eachother Dreamer's Col 01:43 AM, 06-09-2024 03:04 PM, 07-18-2024