ardent

you want me to walk her like she's your dog?

Vesper

Wilder

Armada
Stalker

Master Hunter (250)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
07-15-2024, 09:11 PM
She does it again and he has to nearly bite his tongue. Fighting back the reaction his body insists on portraying, Wilder keeps his eyes closed. The room is wobbling even in the dark as he keeps his head lifted. Shifting slightly so he’s curled a bit more around her but ultimately more comfortable, he lets out a sigh. Yes, focus on the questions. Not the proximity of his body wrapped around hers. How did they end up here anyway!?

Listening to her answers, Wilder nods slowly. “I reckon most don’t got middle names,” he responds quietly, his voice a tad rough and his words slightly slurred. With her question, he smiles. Tipsy Wilder would quickly answer that she was, but in true fashion, he has to be a punk.

“There’s this kid. Goes by Spider. Bas’ kid. You met them?” Wilder says, peeping his eyes open as his smile spreads, hoping to get some sort of reaction out of her.

Vesper

Armada
Songbird

Beginner Fighter (0)

Advanced Intellectual (70)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
07-15-2024, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2024, 09:50 PM by Vesper. Edited 2 times in total.)

She felt his body against hers, and usually there was a roll of revolution for such a thing. But none came. She enjoyed the warmth of him, and relaxed against his firm body. She closed her eyes, too, blindly groping for the booze and taking a small sip of it. What he said was likely true, she hadn’t heard many middle names in her life. Only the big bad boss had had one.

She made a gunt noise and wrinkled her nose at his answer. “If they’re Bas’ kid, they’re probably a dick.” She said helpfully. Oops! She probably shouldn’t talk that way about the Alpha and his kid, should she? “You're a dick too, Wilder. Oops, No, I mean you haaave ooone” She slurred, and kicked him lightly with a back paw. “Or should I check while you think of your question?”

"Speech"

[Image: RVyRN0o.png]

Wilder

Armada
Stalker

Master Hunter (250)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
07-17-2024, 11:45 AM
He chuckles lightly at her disgruntled noise. The wrinkle of her nose more endearing than he anticipated feeling about it. Really, he had the urge to reach over and boop her nose with his own, but refrained. Refraining was necessary. If he didn't, he wasn't sure what would go on in this infirmary.

Vesper's comment forces another chuckle out of him and a slight roll of his eyes. "Spider ain' that bad," Wilder mentions, shaking his head before he's stopped short at her next comment. His eyes widen, belly doing flip flops as his nether region is a buzz with tingles even as she kicks him with a back paw. "No, ya don' have ta go doin' that," he replies, his own words slurring. "I'm quite positive I got one," he can't help but laugh, thinking quickly what he wanted his next question to be.

"So why haven' ya run away yet? Not like ya got anythin' stoppin' ya here," Wilder poses the difficult question. The booze bringing out the truth serum and giving him the courage to ask things he wouldn't normally.

"Wilder"

Vesper

Armada
Songbird

Beginner Fighter (0)

Advanced Intellectual (70)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
07-21-2024, 11:20 PM

He kicked her lightly, and instead of cringing she only grinned at him. Her head was as light as a kite, and there wasn’t an awful lot of thinking going on up there. But she was feeling more than usual, more freely. Instead of sass and anger, she felt a soft sort of fondness in her chest as she looked at the mossy wolf.

She didn’t try to check him again, though she rested a paw lightly on the leg that had kicked her. Why didn’t she run away? She snorted out loud in amusement, shocked at the bubbly sort of air that came out of her nose. It almost distracted her. Almost. “You saw me run, I got one, two steps before I collapsed? How far do you think i’d get?” She asked him, shoving him lightly. She needed a question. A question, a question, a question… “You ever lost someone?” She asked.

"Speech"

[Image: RVyRN0o.png]

Wilder

Armada
Stalker

Master Hunter (250)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
07-23-2024, 06:58 AM
Wilder stills as Vesper’s paw rests against his leg. Looking down at her with blurry vision, he too laughs at the silliness of his question. Duh. How could he forget that she was rendered immobile from that bear attack? Blame it on the booze. That would be the answer.

Her returning question leaves him stiffening for a moment. Memories of his parents flash before him before he gives his head a shake to rid himself of the sadness. “I’ve been on my own since I was six months ol’ so not really,” he admits, his voice rigid as he reaches to take the last swig from the bottle. Finishing it with a smack his lips, he sets the bottle under the cot so that he could dispose of it later once they’d sobered up.

“You ever see a waterfall before?” Wilder is quick to ask his next question, gaze returning to Vesper in hopes she wouldn’t push the subject.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. you want me to walk her like she's your dog? Dreamer's Col 07:27 PM, 06-22-2024 03:25 PM, 08-20-2024