size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterValentines 2020Treat 2019Promptober 2019
06-19-2024, 08:24 AM

Avalon had been a much needed, peaceful respite. Éldi lavished in its bountiful prey and the routine of his day but then the dreams began to come. Subtle at first but then stronger to the point he knew he could no longer ignore them. It was time to move on. It was not for him to slip gently away in these lands but to journey south, far, far south. Although many might no understand his reasoning, he would do as his gods beckoned him to do.

Éldi got to his feet, his limbs still strong despite his age. He had more to do in this world and he hoped Corbie would understand. Striding out of his den he took a deep breath of cool winter air. It invigorated his senses, woke something within him that had buried itself amongst the warmth of his den, but now beat strong. The hoarfrost coating the grass crunched beneath his feet as he wove between the gentle snow drifts to the barn. There he called for his alphess. It was time to part ways.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
06-25-2024, 12:43 AM
Corbie was surprised to hear Eldi's voice calling for her. The elder wolf tended to keep to himself for the most part, contributing as he was able, but she couldn't think of a time he had actively sought her out. She was quick to answer his call, and a little concerned about the seriousness of his tone. Well, he'd always struck her as serious anyway, but this felt more momentous. "Eldi," she greeted him with a faint smile but worried eyes. He didn't smell ill, and he'd have gone to Alarr or one of the other healers before her if he had been, but he was getting quite up there in age, and that brought it's own problems. "What can I do for you today?"
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Éldi

Vedia
Migrant

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterValentines 2020Treat 2019Promptober 2019
08-04-2024, 08:43 AM

Corbie swiftly answered his call and Éldi took a moment to search for his words. He did not know if Corbie was a spiritual wolf, if she believed in forces beyond their physical realm. Would this seem to be the ramblings of an man who had lived well past his prime? He had expected to fall in battle by now, whether to predator or to prey, but the gods had not deemed that appropriate for him.

Éldi dipped his head in greeting. "Corbie, your pack has been a wonderful place to rest and center myself but now it is time for me to leave. I have been given dreams that urge me onward to the southern lands. I must follow these to whatever end they lead but I hope we can leave on good terms, and perhaps if fate is kind, meet again in the future on the same good terms."

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
08-05-2024, 11:03 PM
Eldi took a moment, seeming to gather his thoughts into words as they stood there together, before he spoke. His words brought a pang of sadness to the alpha's chest - he had joined in the hopes of rest, a place of peace to spend his final days in, but it seemed the warrior spirit in him wasn't content with the life he'd thought he'd wanted. She couldn't blame him for that. She was almost more sad simply that she hadn't had the time to really get to know the elder wolf, that this parting was only as passing acquaintances and not old friends. She felt she'd failed Eldi in that - a distant alpha, not the family she'd made this pack hoping to create. It was a sharp reminder.

She breathed out a quiet breath, and ventured a smile in reassurance. "I understand, Eldi. I won't stand in the way of what you feel is right, though I wish we'd had more time. Our borders will always be open to you, if you ever need us. I hope you find what you're looking for along the way."
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times