An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-11-2024, 10:49 PM
Oleander had at long last found a cure. He no longer had to worry if their children would be at risk. So young, their eyes had yet to open. But they weren't the only children he was afraid of risking. There was another, who he had been forced to keep away.

Knowing that Spider was out there without backup had grated at him every day throughout the season. He had a promise to filll. When he had found Spider's letter he had told himself the kid would only be allowed a week. So much longer than that had passed, but at last he was bringing his kid home. By force, if he had to.

He sent his falcon ahead to fetch Spider, and sat by the border over the next day. Waiting for them to show. Leaving his newborns with Ignita, who knew he had to be here.

"Basilisk" || "Spider"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-12-2024, 03:18 AM
the past season has felt like a dream, strange and distant, interspersed with moments of joy and terror. spending time with Strai and Delphi has been healing, but unfortunately much of it had been overshadowed by news of the Blight. Spider’s lost count of how many times they’ve thought about forgoing common sense and returning to the Armada, consequences be damned. updates have been scarce, and Spider has grown restless with the passing of time, trying their best to distract themselves from the scenarios running rampant through their mind: Bas, gaunt and sick, coughing up blood. Wylan, wings void of feathers, gnawing at patch-ridden fur. Ignita, sprawled dead at their feet.

the sight of Bas’ falcon fills them with dizzying relief, and Spider only spares a brief period to bid their hosts goodbye, promising to catch up with Strai soon to properly thank him for his hospitality. for now, they can think only of following the falcon to the Armada’s borders, heart drumming a harsh staccato against their chest.

Bas waits for them at the border.

“Dad,” Spider rasps, slowing to a trot. they move to hug on him on instinct, then pause. “is it…safe? is everyone okay?” is everyone alive?

"Araneae Fatalis"
1-D4-BC8-FA-F2-A8-4248-A607-57-A418-BA7-D2-C-removebg-preview

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-12-2024, 02:52 PM
Spider arrived quickly enough to indicate they had left with haste. Arriving at the border where Bas was waiting. He gave them a small smile. Still recovering himself from the blight. His large frame needed a lot of food to sustain it, and the fur hung against his nomes now. “Hey kiddo.” He said softly, reaching forward to complete the motion Spider had started.

Oleander had assured him the cure had taken effect, he was not contagious. He curled his paws around Spider's small frame, completely encasing them. “I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I swore I would come after you once a week had passed. I never wanted to leave you so long.” So much had happened, so much he needed to tell Spider. They weren't going to be happy with some of his news… “No one died, though the pack got pretty sick. We've had to abandon the Mile High Woods, likely forever. Wylans treehouse got infected and collapsed.” The kid was still recovering. “You've been well? Your okay?” He asked softly.

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-13-2024, 04:18 AM
the tension melts from Spider as Bas pulls them close, burying their face into his fur and drinking in his scent. a part of them had been terrified they’d never get to do this again, never get to hug their Dad and feel his comforting warmth again. “it’s not your fault,” they rasp. “we couldn’t risk it.” granted, it’s a lot easier to convince themselves now that they’re back home; at the time, they’d almost broken their resolve on several occasions. “i missed you, though. a whole lot.”

we’ve had to abandon the Mile High Woods…the treehouse got infected and collapsed…. Spider makes a heartbroken noise. the treehouse might’ve been their home for most of their childhood, but Wylan had never lived anywhere else. first his mother, and now this… “was he badly hurt? can i see him?” guilt slices between their ribcage. with the pack so busy, has anyone been able to sit by him? is he lonely? “don’t worry about me,” Spider adds, almost scoffing. “i’m the one who sat around on my ass while the pack suffered.” they scowl, a touch of self-directed bitterness shifting across their face. Spider wouldn’t blame their packmates if they resented them. “how are you? how is…Ignita?”

"Araneae Fatalis"

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-15-2024, 07:10 PM
Basilisk held Spider closely to him, as if he never wanted to let them go again. “You're right, I couldn’t.” He agreed. Knowing Spider was out of this had been one of his few comforts during the worst of it. “I missed you, too. That’s the longest you’ve ever been away from home.” By far. Too long.

“He got pretty banged up, you can if you want” Bas agreed softly, not releasing his hold on Spider. At Spider’s words however, Bas pulled away enough to meet their eyes. “You did what I told you to, and I’m glad.” He corrected softly. Ah… yes. Ignita. Well, he supposed it was better to rip the bandaid off. “Ignita discovered she was pregnant during the Blight, and gave birth a few days ago. Would you like to meet your little brothers and sisters?” He asked softly, his eyes on Spider. The young heir’s answer mattered rather a lot.

"Basilisk" || "Spider"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-16-2024, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2024, 05:39 PM by Araneae. Edited 1 time in total.)
Spider stiffens. surprise flashes across their face, followed by a cocktail of conflicting emotions they can’t even begin to parse - but it’s swiftly replaced by a mask of neutrality. “o-oh.” their stomach clenches, a mixture of dread and delight and bitter anger. is that how it is? the moment Spider leaves, they’re replaced by a young, legitimate brood? no, they remind themselves, that’s not fair. Bad has never treated them as anything less than his flesh-and-blood child. “that’s, uh…pretty bad timing.” Spider forces a chuckle, though the sound is hollow. they can’t squash a flare of sympathy at the thought of Ignita, scared and pregnant, surrounded by sickness at every turn. and Bas…he must’ve been beside himself with worry. but did they actually want to see these children? meeting them would make it real. meeting them would incur irreparable change to their world. these children aren’t the sins of their parents. and really, were their parents’ sins so bad? they’d only fallen in love.

Spider shakes their head, clearing their mind of confusing thoughts. the most they could do right now was focus on the present. “a-alright. i’d like to meet them.”

"Araneae Fatalis"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-17-2024, 12:48 PM
Bad timing barely covered it. “I was in quarantine in the woods for most of it. Oleander was away gathering herbs for the blight when she gave birth. I thought we'd lose her, for a minute.” He said the words whisper soft. He'd always told Spider more than he shared with others. He trusted his kid with his secrets and weakness in a way he didn't trust most of his family.

He fully released Spider now, and started to lead them through the Col. He hadn't talked about Spider's leaving, and if his kid was back to stay. He took it  for granted that his heir was. He would fight for Spider if he had to. This was their home.

“In the room across from yours is a Songbird called Pluto. I caught him trespassing. Feel free to make use of him.” Basilisk suggested as they arrived at the familiar den. He knocked on the door - his sign to Ignita that he had company- and pushed through. He had to step over the wood that kept the babies in, and then pushed it to the side so Spider could walk through. He smiled at Ignita and scooped up the first pup thay ran between his legs. “This is Citadel” he said handing the round little pup to Spider.

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (130)

Master Intellectual (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

LegendaryPride - DemisexualWordy
08-17-2024, 03:38 PM

"No thank you, Little Love, remember, you can chew on this leather, not my ear." Ignita told the little mottled and blue Iska and gave him a thick piece of leather to gnaw on. She gave one to Jamie too before she started to chomp on Odette's fluttering wings.

Citadel was nursing again while Selene was trying to catch his tail when they all heard a knock and they all looked at the door. She grabbed the tiniest one, little white Selene, and wrangled her like a slippery eel as Bas stepped in with his guest. A chorus of whimpers and whines greeted them.

Selene was about to get away from her as Bas slid the wooden board aside and a small shadowy figure entered the room.

"Spider!" She gasped! Nearly losing the wriggling battle of the slippery runt. Once the door was closed she let Selene go who toddled up to her Daddy's paw, in a rolling tumbling manner of delight.

Shining tears of joy glistened in Ignita's eyes.
"Spider! I'm so glad you're home!" She started to get up but grunted as she still trembled and shook in her recovery. A glare from her fiance told her it was still best for her to stay put. With a breathless sigh, she lay down again, the dark skin on her nose and eyes was at least not as ashen as it had been a week or so ago. Slowly but surely she was regaining her strength.

"You look well! You got my letter?" She remarked with a joyous smile and a touch of breathlessness, a glisten in her eye quickly wiped away. She had missed them. Did they get her gift inside? Suddenly she remembered how they parted... should she have even greeted them? The joyous smile faltered suddenly.

"Jamie"||"Iskandor"||"Citadel"||"Selene"||"Balrog"||"Ignita"||"Basilisk"

[Image: xjgqzZS.png]
Basilisk may enter her threads without warning.

[Image: bU9k2tE.png]

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-17-2024, 04:11 PM

seeing Ignita again is…hard comes to mind, though that isn’t quite right. it’s obvious she’s happy to see them; Spider is a little startled by the tears in her eyes. did their absence truly effect her that much? “i did,” Spider confirms, tone neutral. they pay down their corset and tug out a familiar trinket between their body and the lining, where it’s been tucked safely. holding it between two toes, they lift it up to the light so Ignita can see before hiding it back away. “thank you. it’s beautiful.”

their eyes, however, quickly go to the wriggling litter clambering across the floor.

”oh.” it’s an echo of what they’d said when they’d found out the news, but this time it’s filled with so much more than they could ever voice - awe, fierce protection, and pure, unrelenting love. Spider had resolved to be neutral or, or, kind, but…it’s like all the anger and hurt of the past months melt away at the sight of them: all five perfect bundles of tiny babies. Spider finds themselves helpless to the breadth of the emotion expanding in their chest. “oh, they’re - they’re perfect.” are their eyes wet? Spider blinks furiously, swiping at their cheeks. they’re scarcely prepared for it when Bas hands one over, but they accept him easily.

“hello, little darling.” their voice is so soft, so gentle; they hadn’t known themselves capable of it. Spider cups the wiggling body between their hands, amazed at his size and warmth. had they ever been that tiny? “he’s so small,” they whisper, that awe back in their voice. “well,” and here, they cut a wry glance at Bas, “small to us. he’s certainly the largest baby i’ve ever seen. your influence, perhaps?” they flash a grin to show they’re teasing, then return their attention to the puppies. “hello, sweethearts - i’m your big sibling, Spider.” they nuzzle Cit softly, noting with a hint of surprise the rough little bumps along his head. crystals? “and i’m never going to let anything bad happen to you. not ever.” their eyes return to Bas. “tell me other names?” they’re so eager it’s almost a demand.

"Araneae Fatalis"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-17-2024, 04:41 PM
Basilisk was determined not to let things get awkward between these two wolves he loved. But his worries fell away when Spider took the offered pup, looking him over with true affection. “You know how to catch an eel, right?” He teased as he grabbed the wiggling bundle of Selene from Ignita ans plopped her gently in Spider's grasp next. “This is your little sister, Selene. She's a runner.” He warned. He was going to take the time to introduce Spider to each and every one of them.

“Have you given any thought to help craft a first blade for one of them?” He asked softly as Spider struggled with the wiggliest of the litter. Once Spider had a chance to meet Selene, he grabbed Jamie. Holding her more carefully than the other two. “careful with little Jamie  she's going to need a little extra support from us.” He said, handing her over and indicating for Ignita to grab a baby. She could hand over the next one.

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (130)

Master Intellectual (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

LegendaryPride - DemisexualWordy
08-17-2024, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2024, 05:58 PM by Ignita. Edited 1 time in total.)

Her surprise at seeing Spider, and her still hormonally charged body pushed more tears up again as they remarked and showed her where they put the gift. She blinked as she smiled, the tears flowed down her cheeks that she quickly wiped again. The little golden and black boy Balrog reached up to lick her cheek.

She beamed a smile as Spider cooed and was passed a baby, Citadel certainly was the largest! She let out half sob half laugh at Bas remarked on trying to catch eels as he scooped up Selene. Spider was probably the only other wolf in the pack she'd let hold the babies as they were, especially little Selene and Jamie.

The littlest one was all energy. Squirming and moving, and even going limp like a cat to slide out of their grasp. Selene wouldn't last long being held, as soon as the girl was released she was bounding around the room on her tiny legs.

She watched Bas pass Spider little Jamie and it was then Ignita strained to hold herself back from taking the girl back. Her fierce protectiveness would certainly overbear the poor girl in the future.

She kissed Iska and Balrog as she passed Spider the secondborn.
"This is Iskandor-" Perhaps their noblest and most curious of pups. She would always notice his calculated movements and insatiable curiosity already prevalent at this young age.

When Spider got his hands free again she passed them Balrog, the sweetest of her boys.
"My sweet boy Balrog. And this-!" She said gathering up the curious and Fatalis bear cub, "Is now my little bear son. I'm keeping him to raise, one of the brood and part of the family! Just as much ours as the others." She eagerly mentioned. She nuzzled the black bear's cheek.

[Image: xjgqzZS.png]
Basilisk may enter her threads without warning.

[Image: bU9k2tE.png]

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-17-2024, 06:45 PM
it’s official: Spider’s brain has gone to mush. these babies have made it so. “i don’t have enough hands,” they wail, and though it’s mostly exaggerated for comedic effect, a part of them is dismayed by their lack of extra extremities. how else are they supposed to cuddle all their siblings at once?? setting Cit aside, Spider scoops the next up and the next after that, marvelling at their tiny little faces, their perfect little feet. they’re absolute miracles, every single one.

when it comes to Jamie, Spider is extra gentle with her, shifting their grip to ensure they’re not holding her too tight. still, they notice Ignita’s discomfort, the flash of fear across her face; in that regard, their answer to Bas is easy. “I think…this one.” they glance from parent to parent, looking for approval. “she looks like she could use a mighty dagger of her own.” after snuggling their remaining two brothers, the bear, inevitably, brings Spider up a little short. “o-oh.” they’ve seen a bear cub this close before, let alone one snuggled in amidst the others. and that familiar blue marking…

“he sure is a cutie,” they contend, nodding. so what if he’s a bear; he’s suitably small and suitably fluffy and clearly quite taken with the pups. the more the merrier, Spider muses to themselves. “they’re really beautiful, you two.” Spider grins at Bas, then offers a smaller, shyer smile to Ignita. it’s maybe, perhaps, the first real step towards reconciliation. “congratulations.”

"Araneae Fatalis"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-22-2024, 03:49 PM

Basilisk gave Ignita a warning look when she twitched towards Jamie. Smothering her would not help her grow, no matter how much Ignita might wish to. When his Fiance settled, she handed Iskandor to Spider. Introducing their oldest to each pup one by one. Spider was clearly distraught at being unable to hold each pup at the same time. But they did somehow end up at Spider’s paw. Tiny enough to settle down easily against the Armada Heir.

He snorted in amusement and shook his head when Ignita handed over the bear cub as if he had come from their litter. “I believe he’s going to bond to one of the pups.” He explained to Spider. He nodded his head at Spiders congratulations, pleased to see them truly trying to bond with the litter. “I’m sure you’ll be teaching them bad habits in no time.” he teased Spider lightly, ruffling the fur behind their crown. Thankful that Spider was home.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Come home Dreamer's Col 10:49 PM, 08-11-2024 01:35 PM, 09-20-2024