size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

LegendaryPride - DemisexualWordy
09-10-2024, 03:58 PM

Between the blight, getting thrust into a leadership role, pregnancy, engagement, more blight panic, giving birth, nearly dying while giving birth, recovering and feeding the babies, and recovering from the blight, and now corralling said babies... Ignita had not been around the other pack members much besides a brief period during her pregnancy where she waddled the halls trying her best to check up on them while Bas recovered from his bout of the blight and trying to manage cleaning the stores and sending hunters and scouts out.

Someone she had been dying to catch up with especially after she heard about his accident was Wylan.

She strolled across the Col, a tiny Selene weaving around her paws, and whoever puppy else wanted to come along. She knocked on his door when she approached it. Selene copied her so there was a strong knock and then a much softer knock lower along the doorway.

With a soft giggle at her daughter, she called inside, "Wylan! I hope you're ready for some guests!"

When he allowed them to enter Ignita gave him a warm smile, "I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to come see you! How can I make it up to you?" She asked between trying to get Selene to wait her turn and settling herself comfortably inside.

"Jamie"||"Iskandor"||"Odette"||"Citadel"||"Selene"||"Balrog"||"Ignita"||"Basilisk"

[Image: xjgqzZS.png]
Basilisk may enter her threads without warning.

[Image: bU9k2tE.png]

Selene

Armada
Royalty

Intermediate Navigator (30)

Intermediate Fighter (30)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
LadyElin
09-10-2024, 04:03 PM

They were gonna go see Ollie's brother! An uncle right? Selene's tiny pink feet and pink maw would not stop moving, questions and questions and questions. None of which her mother was answering at the moment as they walked to Wylan's den.

She watched her other rap on the doorway and she did her best to copy her. As soon as they were let in she dashed in before her mother could stop her.

"HI! I'm Selene! Momma said your Wylan, OH! You-" She licked her lips as her mother told her to wait her turn and ask her own question. But when she was done she didn't let Wylan chime in yet, "You have wings! Just like Odette!" She tried again. Her mother interjected with a comment about letting Wylan breathe and answer them. Her little tail was whisking back and forth as her pink eyes looked all over the den with an impatient energy.

"Selene"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-10-2024, 04:31 PM
Wylan was still staying in a temporary den, through the idea of building a new den with Spider and Marina was a bright point to look forward to in the future. But the damage to his wing and forepaw was so severe that he'd been practically under house arrest since the blight. Marinas orders.

A knock at the door, followed by a voice surprised him. For a social wolf, he'd had very few visitors while he recovered. It really showed how one-sided his friendships had truly been. The only wolf who'd come to him the very second they weren't locked out of quarantine had been Spider. That loyalty had installed something in Wylan. A deep appreciation. 

Now, weeks later, Ignita decided to pay him a visit. Perhaps she was bored. His emotions towards her were complicated. He'd crafted her warm bedding, he'd helped train her to pass her tests. He tried to be there when she had needed him, but he was still feeling very sorry for himself. Feeling ashamed and heartbroken that his friendship had meant less to her, like he should have realised it.

Ignita bustled in without waiting for his answer. She supposed that was her right, as Basilisks betrothed. He looked to the small wolf she brought with her, an energetic wee thing. He looked back at Ignita, and was immediately annoyed at her. Did she know how he was feeling? Had she brought one of her kids to place her as a shield between them? He looked at his paws, he didn't like this side of himself. This feeling of betrayal and anger. “I'm not sure I'm up to visitors yet, Ignita.” The scent of Spider and Marina in the den brought lie to his words.
[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (130)

Master Intellectual (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

09-10-2024, 04:55 PM

She had completely missed the cue but his response brought her scattered attention to heel with a furrow of her brows. She had misread something... It hadn't been that long had it?

"Selene, Darling, maybe I can introduce you two another time. He's not feeling up to it right now so please excuse us and head off to play." She said to her bouncing exuberant child. The girl gave her a face, turning cranky and somewhat defiant. Eventually, the girl went off with a disappointed okay.

"She'll be fine." She murmured as if to convince herself more than excuse the behavior, her eyes making sure the girl didn't linger and actually followed through.

She turned back to Wylan, worry and concern expressed over her features. "Wylan... I... I would have come sooner if I could." She tried to offer, she nearly started by saying Bas confined her but thought otherwise, "I was confined for much of my pregnancy. With the blight and all, and..." Maybe Marina told him about the difficult delivery?

"I'm sorry. Would you like me to... will you tell me when you're ready for visitors... then?" She ignored the scents of Marina and Spider. He was such a social wolf... He wouldn't be the only one pissed off at her. Was Spider potentially feeding this wall between them? That would be unfortunate... She made to get up, feeling soundly rejected. After all their time they had spent together, surely she'd think he'd understand with quarantine and all, and the subsequent title firmly placed on her head suddenly.

"Ignita"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-10-2024, 06:03 PM
She sent the kid away, and contradictory, he found himself aching for the lost chance to meet her. He'd missed the chance to meet them when they had been just little beans. “Would you?” He asked quietly. He didn't want to feed the beast inside of him. He didn't want it to have his anger, his disappointment and frustration. But he was a wolf who felt everything, and what he was feeling right now wasn't good. “Did you think of me when you were showing Spider your kids?” He asked her, voice soft but heartbreak and anger was still there. An undertone. Spider had spoken of seeing them for the first time, of their delight.

“I get it, Ignita. Spider's your friend, and you missed them. You have your kids, your friends, and Bas, and your rank. I guess you finally ran out of other jobs, so time to check on the wolves you're just acquainted with.” He started off sounding angry, forceful, but by the end of it his voice was just sad, tired. “Everyone showed me their true colours, when I needed them. I know where I belong now.” His own parents had shown him where he ranked in what mattered to them. He was so heartbroken he felt sick.

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

09-10-2024, 11:50 PM

She was silent. Her eyes struggling to focus on one thing as he spoke and she thought. Had she thought of him when she showed Spider the babies? It was after his accident wasn't it? He wouldn't have been able to come to see them when they were so tiny. And Spider had been gone during the blight, she had no idea he was going to show up then... But as he continued it became clearer to her that there was more going on. He was feeling dejected, abandoned, and left behind in more ways than one.

"I'm...not so sure Spider is... They've... well, anyway. I'm here now Wylan. I promise I would have come sooner if I could. I have a million excuses, the least of them is wrangling the baby horde. I had hoped that you would have been one to help me wrangle them but you had your accident, and you were stuck in the woods in the quarantine while I was suddenly alone in the Col, pregnant. Bas was on your side of the woods..." Excuses...

"And you're still Heir!" She remarked, could he be wondering if his position was at risk? "I told Bas that these kids cannot risk your or Spider's places as Heirs. It's your right... But I can see how you could be feeling this way." She was trying to console him, but something told her it was just empty air at him at this point. She had placed all the pieces around him in her mind and could absolutely see the conclusions he would come to. It made sense.

He had been dealt with a very terrible short end of the stick, and he was hurting for it. "Has... Any of your siblings come for a call?" Surely Ollie was checking in on him... She should check on Ollie... And Wilder... Suddenly a wash of guilt fell over her, she had been locked up in the den, and the others had been out here, without her! She needed to speak with the pack members more on her own! T

"Ignita"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-11-2024, 12:00 AM

Wylan looked down at his paws. He didn’t want to do this. He didn’t want to bite at Ignita with words, but not speaking didn’t change his feelings either. He felt stuck, and hollow. He loved so big, so easily. He had loved Ignita, just as he had loved Krak, and Seneca. Like he loved his mother, and the siblings that had gone with her. All these holes in his heart left him little room to breathe. He looked at Ignita, and all he saw now was another heartbreak.

For one brilliant, amazing moment, he had his tree house and Oleander and Seneca. He had heard his brother yelling teasing comments from the other room while he stayed up well past his bedtime gossiping with Seneca. Now, they were gone. His brother was someone else, someone important and busy. The wolf who had cured the Blight.

He was crying again. He couldn’t look up, lest Ignita see it. Heir? Did she really think he cared about Heir? He had given up what he was passionate about - healing - to appease his alpha and take the role. She didn’t know him at all. When she asked about his siblings, he shook his head. Crying quietly, he was unable to speak.

"Speech"

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

09-11-2024, 12:41 PM

He didn't speak, but the shake of his shoulders and his down-turned face was a pose she had recently become all too familiar with. He was still a boy. On the cusp of his adulthood, so much had happened to him all within the span of barely two seasons. She was still young herself, She had barely touched her own adulthood on the day Basilisk had claimed her. Now she was Consort, fiancee, and new mother. Their lives had run in opposite directions and his exuberant joy had been ripped from him by the handfuls of all he had come across. Even her...

She laid her head down over her paws with a sympathetic whine. There was nothing she could say that would soothe him. She reached a golden paw out across the floor. Inviting him to touch it. She didn't know if he'd accept a hug from her just now, but this young man really needed one, he just needed someone to stay with him.

"Ignita"