size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

Rapid Poster - SilverUnderachieverSamhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1K
01-20-2023, 10:07 PM

The pair pressed through the beautiful forest that surrounded the lakes. Incubus was nothing but relieved to have Riva in Ashen. It put both his mind and heart at ease to know that this tiny fae that he suddenly cared for was safe. He knew that he'd be able to not only be there for her but he'd be able to keep an eye on her. Making sure that she didn't sink to that disastrously low level again. Normally he'd feel odd to feel the need to watch over someone, especially someone he didn't know well, but he felt it was imperative. This was life or death, after all.

Pale eyes took in the landscape as they enjoyed the peaceful nature of the territory. Incubus was beginning to enjoy Ashen's new lands, deciding that the Empress had good taste. But, as they moved on his eyes fell upon the sight of what seemed to be an old structure. Incubus raised a brow and slowed his steps to  a complete halt. "Is that it?" Riva had led them to the vicinity of her former gardens so he figured it almost had to be it. Thus, the male moved closer, assuming she'd already be moving that way anyways. His eyes took in the dilapidated structure and overgrown, weed infested, garden. "Seems like with a little bit of work you will have your Apothecary up and running in no time, Riva." Incubus offered a smile as he paused to allow her to make her own observations or judgement.

Speech

[Image: CjtKtHg.png]
[Image: Incubus-Puffball-smoller.png]

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
01-21-2023, 10:06 PM
After being accepted into Ashen, she moved with Incubus towards the home she had previously kept. It had been a few months at least since she had lived here now, and it almost felt strange returning. Especially with how much things had changed. Still, she knew the way and she led Incubus to where out of the way aboad and gardens had been.

It was winter, and some of her growing things had been killed by frost. Others, strangled by weeds. But she was well accustomed to starting over, and this wouldn’t be from scratch. It would just take a little work, and wouldn’t be in full swing until spring. The building had fared a little better. A good dusting and some small repairs, and it would be good to go. “It seems… almost strange to come home to it” she admitted softly, then gave an awkward pause, and glanced up at the man beside her. “Would you… come with me, if I visited Dante?” she asked softly.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

01-24-2023, 01:50 AM

Incubus found it easy to picture the small black femme working away in her gardening hut. Busy as a bee tending to others. The thought brought a tiny smile to his lips as his pale gaze took in the abandoned shack. Her gentle tones brought him back to reality and his eyes swept down to her. "I'm sure." A pause. "When I returned to the Shrine it felt very strange.. I grew up in Ashen but left when I was a yearling. Coming back years later... it was so familiar but incredibly different at the same time." Their situations were under very different circumstances but they were both of abandonment and death.

As she looked up to him Incubus allowed his pale gaze to pour into her own. Those soft words brought forth immediate agreement in the way of a firm nod. "Of course." If he was going to help her get past this dark spot in her life he'd need to understand what she was feeling. That meant being a shoulder to cry on or even just someone to vent to. Incubus would never deny Riva of such a thing and thus he patiently waited for her lead on.

Speech

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
01-30-2023, 01:13 AM
She gave Incubus a small, shy smile. “Then I guess you understand” She said, feeling much the way he was describing. The same, and yet so different. She wondered how pack life here would be under a different leadership. She hoped Eligos was okay out there.

She drew in a short breath, and then let it out again. “Alright then” She said, trying not to feel it. Feel what his agreement meant to her, or what they were about to do. She moved first towards the overgrown garden and picked a small gathering of wild flowers. “This way” She said, voice growing a little softer. And with it, the urge to withdraw into herself. But she knew she needed to do this. Needed to face it… needed to introduce her daughter to Incubus. In her strange sort of way.

“It’s this way” she said, and led them on. She found the quiet, shaded spot. Far enough away from the lake not to taint it, but still have a view of it beneath a sole, old tree. There were stones marking the spot, and a scattering of flowers from seeds she had planted. She crouched down, and relaid the stones that had fallen. “Hey, Dante. I have someone here to meet you” She said softly, placing the flowers across the stones.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

01-30-2023, 01:39 AM

Incubus nodded as Riva came to terms with that they were about to do. His eyes were directed at her own, searching her gaze as that sweet voice drew softer. It was evident that this was something that she needed to do at some point and he was glad to be able to be there for her while she did it. Maybe in some round about way Riva being in Ashen would help heal that fractured heart, bringing her closer to her dear Dante.

The inky male followed in solemn silence as the litter healer led them to her child's place of rest. Pale eyes followed her every move as she arranged the stones as they once were and laid the beautiful bundle of wildflowers over the monument. Her vocals swept into his ears and wound their way deep within his heart. For some reason those words made his eyes sting, threatening him with tears. Incubus could not remember the last time he cried or if at all. The sensation caused his heart to thud and he blinked away the moisture, hoping she did not see. After a moment to collect himself the Klein took a step towards the monument and allowed a gracious smile to slip across his lips. "Hello there Dante, I'm Incubus." He moved to sit at Riva's side with his side pressed against her. Letting the fae know that he was there for her. "Your momma is home safe... She loves you deeply, Dante." Incubus had seen first hand how deep that love flowed. Riva was on the brink of taking her own life due to the guilt she felt. That depth guilt only came from a place of love and care. At this point he would quiet down to allow Riva to say her peace. He didn't want to speak for her but felt like it was important to support her in this.

Speech

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

01-30-2023, 01:46 AM
Her eyes lingered on the grave for a long time. Her thoughts on the young girl buried beneath the earth. Gone far, far too early. She didn’t know if she could ever forgive herself for that, but she was willing to attempt to make amends. For Incubus. As her friend stepped closer, and began to speak, a smile pulled across her lips. She watched him through lowered eyes as he spoke to her daughter. Humouring her in the sweetest way possible. In that moment she felt… something, flutter in her chest. Perhaps a gladness, for all the little kindnesses Incubus spread in his wake.

He moved closer yet, and sat beside her. She leaned against him. Her little frame folded so easily against his. “Incubus here is the reason I came home. He.. pulled me from a dark place, and brought me back to you. I think you would have liked him, little one.” She said. Her eyes misting up, and she turned, burying them in the dark fur of the wolf beside her. She didn’t try to speak further, just leaning into him.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

01-30-2023, 02:04 AM

Incubus was not merely humoring Riva, he was doing what he knew was right. He didn't have children or really anyone that was that incredibly dear to him but he knew that if the roles were reversed he'd need help as well. Some sort of guiding light that wasn't clouded with guilt or self-loathing. Perhaps Riva was turning into someone dear to him and that was what was drawing forth this incredibly caring side to him. He'd never been this way before... But he also never opened himself up to anyone in this way either. It'd be a journey for the both of them...

Incubus pressed against her gently as she leaned on him. He was glad they were comfortable enough to share such a moment. As she spoke Incubus allowed his gaze to rest on the grave. "I am glad we are here with you, Dante." As long as Ashen remained in Wolfpaw Lake they'd remain close to her daughter. They'd be able to visit whenever they wished for the rest of their days.

As she buried her face in his fur Incubus leaned down to rest his chin on top of her head, between the ears. Those pink and blue fluttered closed as they delved into silence. An inky tail swished to her side, aiming to wrap around the very lower portions of her tiny form. "I'm glad you are home." His voice was but a husky whisper.

Speech

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

01-30-2023, 02:09 AM
“Me, too” She said. Letting herself enjoy the feeling of being comforted. It had been a very long time since she had felt she could open up so wholly to another person. Even her missing mate had been more of a withdrawn sort of person. His care was more sparsely given. That didn’t mean she didn’t miss him, but this felt different. A comfort her rocky childhood had never allowed.

After some time, she pulled away, and dried her eyes on the back of a paw. “Thank you” She said, getting to her paws, and offering a paw to help Incubus up. Managing a small smile with the gesture. Her little form couldn’t really do much to move him. “I want to get started on the apothecary, clear out the den. Where… do you stay, in Ashen?” She asked.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

01-30-2023, 02:29 AM

They shared a time of comfort and silence. It was a welcomed and much needed moment. But, it eventually came to an end. Those pink and blue orbs fluttered back into view as Riva moved from him. She thanked him before offering a paw of... assistance? Inky lips cracked into a grin as he got up on his own. She'd likely just get dragged down by his weight due to their difference and odds are she knew that.

As he stood the brute shook out his thick winters coat for just a moment. Incubus looked down at her as she began speaking. He was more then pleased to start work on the Apothecary. It'd give them both something to do in free time. Was this what having a friend was like? Incubus was use to spending most of his days alone. He mingled with pack mates of course, but nothing beyond that for the most part. - His thoughts shifted to the question at hand. Where was his current den? "I found a little spot in the ravine for now but it's not permanent. I've been so busy with the move that I haven't had time to find a better den site." It was the truth. Between the move, heightened patrols due to the new pups, and his training he was a fairly busy man. "We can get the apothecary den sorted so you have a nice place to stay tonight." Inc offered her a small grin as he moved to pad off towards the apothecary, retracing their steps. "I am yours to use, Riva. Tell me what you need and it shall be done." There was a smidge of mischief in his voice, almost a purr. She'd yet to see this side to the Klein. Hopefully it'd be welcomed to add a bit of light to a rather dark few days.

Speech

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

02-04-2023, 11:58 PM
She would hate to suggest he move from something established, but it seemed that wasn’t the case. Not yet, anyway. The move here was too recent for him to have set up something permanent. It seemed almost strange to realise that within his pack borders, her home was more permanent than his. She was both at home and a stranger here. It would take some getting used to.

They began to head back towards her little apothecary, and he offered his help in any way she wanted. It was perhaps not exactly what he meant, but she couldn’t stop herself from asking. “If you wanted, the apothecary’s den is too big for just me.” Perhaps if he stayed with her, the nightmares would stay away. Besides, she had spent so much of her life sleeping alone. She had no desire to continue to do so.
They arrived at the apothecary then, and she set to work cataloguing the damage.

"Speech"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

02-05-2023, 12:11 AM

Incubus was nothing but taken a back by her proposition. Obviously he was rather enraptured with his new friend but he hadn't been so sure the feeling was even somewhat mutual. They had spent a lot of time together and shared some seriously touching moments together. But, he was shocked to find she liked him enough to share a den together. A genuine smile slipped across his lips at the thought and with little hesitation Incubus offered a nod of approval. "Of course, Riva." His expression switched to concern as he eyed the woman, "I... snore." A pause. "Is that going to be an issue?" Some of the fae's he spent time with in the past complained. He wouldn't want to invade her bubble of serenity with unwelcomed sleeping sounds.

Speech

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

02-05-2023, 12:15 AM
She moved to a tree near the den, and began to strip the bark, collecting both the pieces and the sap. She intended to use them to run repairs on part of the apothecary. She could stain them darker later so they wouldn’t stand out so much. From there, it was a lot of cleaning, dusting, and restocking her supplies. She would need to throw out the old.

At Inc’s question, she stifled a soft, surprised laugh. “I’m a healer, I can sleep through a lot worse than snoring.” She promised him. And, if it became an issue, she could do a little experimenting with herbs - with his permission, of course. She would start with the simple stuff, like Lavender. Which was well known with its benefits in aiding sleep. “Start slathering some of this sap on the taller parts of the building, please?” She asked her tall friend. Roommate. Whatever it was exactly he was to her.

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. not all dark is evil, not all light is good Wolfpaw Lake 10:07 PM, 01-20-2023 03:33 AM, 02-13-2024