Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
02-05-2023, 04:21 PM
Riva worked quietly in her apothecary. Preparing a tea in the quiet of the evening. Incubus was out on patrol, and the thought of him shot warmth all the way from her ears to her toes. He was doing that more and more often of late. Invading her thoughts as she quietly worked. She gently shooed away the image of him, and finished her task. Once the tea was properly steeped, she removed it from the heat. A brew specially for new mothers, to help them regain their strength. With a little honey for taste. A gift, before she told her Alpha what had changed in her life.

She packed it carefully away, and left at a light trott. Heading towards the Empress's den. She did not presume to enter, but sat just to the side of the entrance and called out. The little healers voice fulling the quiet of the approaching evening. "Empress, may I have a moment of your time?"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
02-05-2023, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2023, 06:22 PM by Venom. Edited 1 time in total.)
Venom was taking a rare nap alone when Riva came to call upon her. All of the puppies were out with one of their relatives, and Venom was claiming some much needed extra rest. The only thing that would have been better was if Maverick was here with her instead of also out with the puppies, but she would accept catching up on sleep. The litter was growing into four very rambunctious children and all of her energy went into raising them well. She was blessed to have so many wolves in Ashen that she could rely on to help keep their pack running smoothly with the addition of the new royal puppies.

The Empress yawned and lifted herself from the furs in the living room of the family’s quarters to invite the woman in. "Of course, Riva.” She returned, maybe a little sleepily. "Come in, make yourself comfortable.” She added as Riva entered the threshold.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Trick 2019
02-05-2023, 07:26 PM
She entered the den and found Venom, having risen from her furs to welcome her in. She bowed her head lightly in greeting to the Empress. When she lifted it again, she smiled at the woman. "Thank you" she said, settling down on the furs across from the other wolf. "I brought some tea for us to share. May I?" She said, miming pouring, and waiting for Venoms agreement. With the woman's gentle warning on her entry to the pack still on her mind, she poured the tea into two mugs, and took the first sip. Showing without speaking that the tea was safe to drink. She wanted to put Venom at ease. Especially when she was not entirely certain how the news she had would be recieved.

"Incubus and I are a couple now, I wanted you to be the first to know." She explained gently, giving the woman a chance to process that information about the healer and her brother before moving along. "With that in mind, I wanted to brush up on the pack's rules in regards to things like marriage and pups." She explained, glancing down at her tea. She took another, slow sip to steady her nerves.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
02-05-2023, 09:14 PM
Venom, unfortunately, see the soft smile and subtle movements Riva made as one would when you greeted a sighted wolf. The Empress could only assume these things and returned them herself. A gentle nod and smile as Rive brought in the aromatic tea. Venom’s interest was quickly gained as the woman offered her a cup. "Please.” Venom returned as Riva offered her a cup of her own. Venom trusted her enough to enjoy her beverage, and sipped along with Riva as she listened when the woman began to speak.

The Empress was a little surprised by what Riva had to say. Maybe she shouldn’t have been with the amount of time the two of them were spending together. Riva was given a lifted brow at the mention, while she went on to ask about the laws of marriage and reproduction. Incubus had sounded almost envious of his niece and nephews. Venom took a moment herself to digest the information as she sipped her tea pleasantly.

"I appreciate the news, congratulations.” If they were happy with the decision then she was as well. "We can hold a celebration for the wedding, if that is what you desire. As for children… It would be beneficial to the princes and princess to grow up with cousins close to their age.”

"Venom"

Riva

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Glacier

02-05-2023, 09:22 PM
"Thank you" she said politely, taking another sip of the bracing tea. It would help Venom regain some of the strength she had lost nursing her now weened children. It wouldn't hurt Riva, through it wasn't brewed for her. She found she welcomed its warmth.

She coughed slightly as Venom mentioned the possibility of holding a celebration. "That's too kind, but we aren't there yet. I just wanted to learn about the rules and customs of your people, so I can honor them with Incubus." She explained gently. "The same with children. They would be my second, if Incubus and I took the plunge." She explained, a slightly quiver touching her voice. Did Venom know that her daughter was buried in Ashens territory? She wasn't sure. She took another sip of her tea, needing its warmth now more then ever to steady her nerves.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

02-07-2023, 10:34 PM
Riva accepted Venom’s congratulations graciously, but seemed to clam up a little as the Empress rushed the next few steps for Riva. Venom was blind, but she knew that Riva was even older than herself. Surely as she entered her senior years she would be eager to wed her love. Venom had presumed too much though, and Riva tactfully reigned in the conversation.

"Well, there’s usually at the very least a small ceremony where you exchange a vw to one another, and traditionally will plant a flowering tree in commemoration.” Venom explained a little further as Riva explained herself a little better. Her sense of hearing was impeccable now that she had to rely upon it rather than sight, so Venom didn’t miss the inflection in Riva’s voice, but she had never been one to pry either. All of her questions were far too forward. "If you decide to have children, I’d like to have a discussion beforehand, just to make sure Ashen is in a good place to welcome new puppies.”

"Venom"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Another chance at happiness Cryer's Ravine 04:21 PM, 02-05-2023 05:35 AM, 02-13-2024