size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
07-24-2023, 05:08 PM
With autumn arriving with a vengeance, it was time to get Avalon ready for winter. Much of the harvest was in with the last of summer, all but the apples and a few hives she hadn't collected yet, and she wanted to give the lambs as long as possible on grass to fatten up before she began to harvest them, so she turned her eye to other possibilities. Leaving Ayer and Tam collecting stalks of grain to supplement the flock over the winter, she took Ren and set out for the border between Avalon's two territories, raising her muzzle to call together any of the pack's hunters who were available to hunt whitetail who would be attracted to the apple bounty at this time. If they had enough, they could even go for one of the more dangerous hogs instead, and remove a potential threat to the pack while they were at it...
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Magpie

Avalon
Apprentice

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf
08-03-2023, 02:00 PM
The girl was growing quickly, though it wasn't really something she was aware of. But she was only half a year away from being a yearling at this point and she'd noticed that certain things seemed to be much more expected of her now. Still she wasn't exactly a hunter was she? No, but she'd observed some of the hunting her parents had done before and it intrigued her. Surely there wouldn't be any danger in simply going to watch right? She didn't yet know that there could in fact be danger. So it was curiosity that pulled Magpie towards where Corbie had called from, appearing a little sheepish when she realized no one else had arrived yet. "I uh- I was hopin' I could watch." She said by way of explaining herself to Corbie as she approached. Would she be kicked out?

"Magpie Destruction"

Art by Wolfbeafy
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Mammoth HunterPride - BisexualBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019Promptober 2019
08-15-2023, 10:57 AM
A good, successful hunt before the arrival of Winter sounded like a fine idea. Given how small Avalon was though, besides his own litter, meant the capable adults had to all pull their own weight - and then some. He knew raising children was a group effort and feeding them was part of that, so he wouldn't neglect to join in on these hunts.

He was panting lightly by the time he showed up, and was pleased to see that one of his own had already showed up, even faster than anyone else. A proud smile appeared on his face, and he leaned to nuzzle the top of her head as he drew closer. "You came even quicker than I did!" He applauded her, regarding her with all the love and warmth in the world before he turned his attention to Corbie, settling in beside is daughter.

Cloudburst

Avalon
Beta

Expert Fighter (205)

Expert Hunter (180)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Christmas 2019Treat 2019
08-21-2023, 11:59 PM

He was in the middle of digging a few holes where he planned on placing some fencing for a new pen. It was a small pen, one where he planned on keeping and raising quail. Or he was going to try, anyway. But when he heard Corbie calling for the hunters, the black and white male drew a small smile, dusted himself off, and decided to save the project for later. He would need the help of Finan, or better yet the horse. But those would be requests for later. For now, he made his way towards Corbie's call to see what was being hunted today. Upon arrival, there were a couple of others ready and waiting, so he approached in his usual quiet manner and nodded a greeting to each of them before sitting.

"Speak"

art by Risketch

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
08-22-2023, 12:24 AM
Only a few wolves appeared, one of them a half grown pup from Corvus and Twig's litter. It was enough, though barely, to justify taking out one of the hogs that plagued the orchard though she was inclined to be concerned for the young Magpie. Still, it would be a good learning experience if she kept to a safe distance. Clearing her throat she smiled at them all welcomingly. "I was hoping to go after one of the wild pigs here. I've noticed one sow with an injured leg who tends to lag behind the others that we could remove easily enough. Magpie, I'd like you to stay back and keep her attention by barking at her, if you would. Pay attention to what we are doing, because when you're older I'm sure you'll be doing the same thing. For now, make sure you're ready to run if she charges your direction. Cloudburst, Corvus, I'd like the two of you to be at the sow's heels to disable her. I'll cut her off from the rest and keep her there so you two can bring her down."

With that she trotted off into the orchard, leading the way quietly towards the sounder of pigs. The sow was there, a good ways away as she'd been last time Corbie saw her, and the alpha quickly darted in to nip at the sensitive snout of the pig, drawing her attention quickly. Feinting back and forth, she drove the pig step by step backwards, avoiding her enraged charges. As long as they could take the sow down before the rest of the sounder could hear her and come to her rescue, they'd be home free.
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Mammoth HunterPride - BisexualBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019Promptober 2019
09-28-2023, 09:26 AM
The group that arrived was a small one but it would do, at least for taking down something a bit more substantial. Corvus hadn't expected a lot though, not when their pack was as small as it was. He was just grateful that he'd get to do a little more rigorous hunting, different from the small prey he was accustomed to taking down on his own. Corbie explained they'd be going after one of the injured sows and he nodded understanding. Maggy was given instruction to hang back and get the attention of the pigs by barking and take off after that, rather than hang around and engage. Sounded safe enough, and it was about time his kids start contributing in this way, even if he felt ever-nervous about the prospect of them growing up so much already.

Once it was clear everyone knew their roles, Corbie led them off and Corvus followed, of course tending to keep an eye on Magpie as they went. He hung back while Corbie made to drive the sow away from the rest of her group, waiting until the right opportunity before diving in and nipping at the heels of the injured pig. Before she grew too panicked he aimed to grab hold of her leg, hoping to send her tumbling.

Magpie

Avalon
Apprentice

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lolaf
11-19-2023, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2023, 04:21 PM by Magpie. Edited 1 time in total.)
Magpie leaned into her father's touch, puffing herself up as he praised her for being quick to respond, then she waited with barely contained jitters. An older man joined them and it seemed that was it. Her front paws tapped out a little dance of excitement as Corbie explained their plan and though the young girl was a little disappointed she wouldn't get to chase the sow she was glad she was even included at all. Giving Corbie several nods to show she'd heard what her role was and jumped to her paws as Corbie led the small group towards their target. Luckily for the girl her job didn't require stealth because her enthusiasm was proving to be loud. As Corbie started to dash forward Maggie started to bark, her stance widening as she barked with all of the force she could summon. The sow's gaze darted towards Magpie but her attention was forced back towards Corbie who was absolutely proving the more important threat right now, or at least until her father started closing in! Still Magpie would bark, and try to watch for any sign she was about to be charged!

"Magpie Destruction"

Art by Wolfbeafy
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Oh DEER, don't HOG all the apples The Orchard 05:08 PM, 07-24-2023 04:51 PM, 03-04-2024