Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
08-08-2023, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2023, 09:27 PM by Gloom. Edited 1 time in total.)
((Whoops this too longer than I meant, so figured I'd get this going. For ease of keeping things moving Gloom will be asking to be released from Ashen))

[Navigation note: Wolfpaw Lake]

Well they were here. Gloom's paws faltered some ways away from the border still, she felt her chest tightening. She'd spent so much time weighing the pros and cons of her choices here... And she still wasn't sold on what she'd landed on. Either way she'd be leaving someone behind, could she live with that? She glanced over at her travelling companion and...  her resolve hardened slightly. Gloom took a few deep breathes and then stepped up closer, she tipped her head back and unleashed a call, her voice was weak at first but grew in confidence as it went. She called for her family, for Spirit and Void and her Mother... But she also called for Venom. Nothing else to do but wait... And hope that they had in fact gotten the news that she was alright, had had to spend so much time away because she'd been injured while far from here. If they hadn't known, if they'd been left completely in the dark it'd only make this harder.

"Speech"

Image by AlienLion
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
08-09-2023, 06:28 AM
Venom had been vaguely aware of Gloom’s whereabouts the last few seasons. There had been a messenger but she had not pursued any more information than that. Her family was here so the Empress had no doubt she would eventually find her way back here. The call for her on the woman’s return was unexpected though, and she assumed there would be more than just a welcome home party.

White gloved paws brought her off the patrol trail as she altered her direction and made her way to the border. Gloom looked much like she did the first day that Venom had met her, if not having lost a little weight from her sickness. Venom tilted her head curiously as she greeted her, knowing the woman would need the same kind of gentle treatment she gave her brother. She didn’t speak, so as not to put any undue pressure on her, while the rest of their attendees gathered.

"Venom & Maverick"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
08-09-2023, 09:27 AM

Audra’s own chest tightened as she followed Gloom into Ashen territory. This meeting with her family would be the ultimate deciding factor for both of their future’s. Whether Gloom stayed or went back to the Hallows… Was that even an option she was considering? They hadn’t spoken terribly in depth about it. Instead, had spent their time enjoying the journey from Auster to Boreas.

Ultimately, Audra was prepared for any decision. She didn’t want to leave Gloom but… the Hallows. Conflicted herself, Audra stayed close beside Gloom. Their shoulders nearly touching as her own eye met Gloom’s before her call rang out. Audra was proud how much Gloom had grown and become comfortable since their first meeting. A small smile appeared on her lips even as the Empress approached.

Glancing first up at the Empress of Ashen, Audra waited until the woman was stationary before them. She then tilts her head in greeting before pulling out a bottle of wine from the Hallows store rooms. “E-Empress, A-Artorias s-sends his greetings a-and hopes a-all is w-well,” her expression falters as she stutters through her words. “I am A-Audra, a ph-physician of th-the Hallows,” she left it there for now in case Gloom’s family would approach and wanted to hear more about her recovery.

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Eulogy

Somnium

Intermediate Hunter (30)

Expert Healer (155)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Demisexual
09-07-2023, 08:07 AM
With the fall weather making the days colder, Eulogy has found her arthritis acting up more. It was getting more and more difficult for her to get around and the old wolf often spent her days curled up under thick furs. Part of aging meant that her cold and heat tolerance had lessened and that, along with the biometric pressure changes, made for pain-filled days. She is napping lightly when her daughter’s call reaches her ears and the woman easily awakens. Gloom seems determined to talk with, not only her family, but the Empress as well.

Wishing to support Gloom, the woman carefully stands, trying to ease weight onto her stiff elbows and hips. It is painful but worth it to see her daughter. Eulogy moves slowly, the weight of her years apparent in the stiffness of her gait. It takes her some time to make it to where Gloom, Venom, and an unknown woman wait but, as she approaches, her stride has become less painful and a little more fluid. Moving up to her daughter, the old woman offers Gloom a warm hug and gentle kiss on her brow.

Once that is done, she backs away and seats herself near the other woman, offering a gentle, loving presence for Gloom and the stranger. No matter what her daughter has to say, Eulogy will support her.

"Eulogy Destruction"
[Image: n8iDN8Z.png]

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (55)

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Pride - Gay (MLM)The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
09-11-2023, 09:28 AM
Spirit wasn't quite sure what to think of his sister's absence. He'd gotten word she was well, but beyond that it was entirely unlike her to just leave... though it seemed like leaving and reappearing was something his family was all too good at. Though he didn't harbor any hard feelings toward her, he couldn't help but uneasy when he finally heard her call. He was glad to see for himself that she was alive and hopefully well, but he feared the answers her arrival might bring. Even as he grew older Spirit had never grown more used to change - if it was up to him, everything would stay the same forever, but he knew that was hardly ever the case.

A sigh left the man's lips as he made his way to his sister's call. Of course all those negative feelings seemed to fade away as soon as he saw her, instead a gentle smile reaching his lips as he moved to greet her, tenderly touching his nose to her cheek. "Sister," he breathed softly, sounding grateful to see her again. Likewise he was just as glad to see his mother, well aware that her age made it difficult to get around these days.

Spirit has a female strawberry Finch companion named Strawberry, who is almost always nearby.
He also is usually wearing a saddlebag if he's away from home.

Gloom

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
10-13-2023, 10:05 PM

Venom would be the first to arrive and Gloom did her best to give the woman a respectful nod even as she visibly grew nervous. But she was holding on better than she had in the past, the feeling of Audra so close helping to ground her. Next was her mother, she smiled softly, leaning into the hug and placing a responding kiss on her mother's cheek. It hurt her heart to think how much time she had lost with her mother, to look at her and see the age on the woman, could she really give up more? Then it was Spirit and Gloom couldn't help the way her smile widened. She would have to admit she'd always been closest with Spirit out of her brothers... They'd weathered so much of the upheaval of their lives together, sharing in the pain of losing their family members together. Would it be a betrayal to be the one leaving this time? She closed her eyes and whispered a "Spirit." in return. She had two brothers after all.

Though it seemed Void was not as quick as their mother and Spirit. Gloom visibly dithered for a few moments, unsure if she should wait longer but she knew the longer she waited the harder everything would be. She would just have to hope he showed up later... Before it was too late. "Mom, Spirit," she began softly, "this is Audra." She gestured towards the earthen woman, gaze growing soft with fondness as they turned towards her travelling companion. "She was with me when I had my uh... Fall. She's the one who helped to get me to safety and helped to look after me as I recovered." Gloom didn't know much about healing and so wouldn't bother to elaborate beyond that, if Audra wanted to or her family had questions she'd leave them to her.

The nerves returned, Gloom didn't want to beat around the bush but she also didn't want to be too blunt, her family deserved to hear what she was about to say as kindly as she could say it. "I've uh..." She started, seeking out the gazes of her mother and brother. "I think that-" Another false start and Gloom leaned into Audra for a moment, gently tilting her head down to barely touch it to the smaller woman's cranium, one deep breath, two. Then she was turning her attention back to her family again. "I think that I would like to stay with Audra." She took a moment to try and make sure she met the gazes of her family before also swinging it to Venom as well, she knew what she was asking of the woman, to be released from Ashen. "She's helped me so much and-" Her head swung to Audra again. "I don't know when it happened exactly but, at some point when I imagined the future you were always there." She didn't know if it was love, just a crush or something else but the truth was she didn't want to give up the fluttering feeling in her chest or the deep calm that came over her simply being with Audra, even as being close to her made her stomach do flips. "I want to join The Hallows." There was almost a pleading in her expression as she turned back to the trio of Ashen wolves, though it landed solidly on Spirit. She needed him to understand, to be okay. If he couldn't be... Gloom was liable to change her mind. They'd been though everything together, and some part of her was on the verge of suggesting he come with her but that wasn't her choice to make. This had to be better than before though right? She wasn't disappearing, she was simply going to live elsewhere, somewhere he could always come find her! That had to be better!

Action | "Speech." |

Art by Frida-Corvus
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Spirit

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (55)

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

Pride - Gay (MLM)The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
10-19-2023, 02:51 PM
No matter what news she had for them, surely Gloom knew there would be no hard feelings from Spirit no matter how much what she had to tell him might hurt. With their bond, he wasn't sure she could really do much to really hurt him, not after they'd endured so much hurt together and somehow survived it all. Still he was curious, letting his normal timid gaze fall to Audra in a way that was more probing than it ever really was. He'd never forgive anyone for hurting Gloom, but her whole demeanor screamed that she would do - and likely had already done - the complete opposite. Audra's gaze had a warmth in it as she looked to Gloom that Spirit knew couldn't be faked.

She cared, and that mattered more than anything else, and he saw the way Gloom leaned into her for comfort. She introduced her as Audra and his gaze hardly wavered as it studied her, more stony and unblinking than ever now as he studied her. She was the one who had cared for Gloom during her recovery.

"T-thank you, for helping her," Spirit said quickly, interjecting, finding his voice more easily than usual. Expressing his gratitude felt important regardless of what came next. Though his thankfulness was written plainly on his features, the tears that threatened to reach the surface of his eyes were difficult to hold back as she requested her leave. He'd always been strong for her above anyone, and that couldn't change now, right?

Even if he'd be alone here. He'd be okay, and Gloom would be happy, and really that was all he could ever ask for. After all, it was all that had kept him going for so long. Spirit didn't know what else he'd have here besides his mom, but that wasn't something he wanted Gloom to be concerned with.

"Y-you'll be happy there, yeah?" He asked, gaze falling back on Gloom, begging for her to be honest. If she'd be happy that was all he cared about. "A-and... A-Audra, you'll keep her safe? A-a-always?" Spirit's voice cracked as he struggled to keep his composure, torn between being happy she'd found someone who loved her in the way it sounded Audra did, and heartbroken that she, too, was leaving him.

Spirit has a female strawberry Finch companion named Strawberry, who is almost always nearby.
He also is usually wearing a saddlebag if he's away from home.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
10-30-2023, 10:45 AM
Moments after she greets the Empress, another older woman approaches. Audra watches as the woman embraces Gloom with a hug and a kiss. This warms and breaks her heart at the same time. How was she supposed to tear Gloom's family's hearts out by taking her away? For a moment, her expression falters as she takes a step back, but also somehow leans slightly closer to Gloom. Were they making the right decision? Her heart races as she feels her throat begin to tighten.

Before anyone has a chance to say anything, Gloom's brother approaches. Audra can tell it is Spirit from what Gloom had described on their journey up to Ashen. She looks at him and smiles softly as he touches his nose to Gloom's cheek. If Audra hadn't been so selfish. No, now wasn't the time for negative thoughts! Taking a deep breath, she waited quietly until Gloom began to speak. Her ears visibly perk up as Gloom introduces her. She feels heat spread across her cheeks as she shifts her weight nervously.

Whenever Gloom looked to her, her one good eye would light up with Happiness and a timid smile would cross her lips. Listening to Gloom explain what happened and that she wanted to stay at the Hallows with her made her heart swell both with glee and sadness. Saying goodbye to family was never a good time. Her attention quickly turns to Spirit and her brows raise. "Oh, o-of course," Audra stutters back, never having met anyone else with a stutter and also because being a healer was second nature to her. His next words has her eye brimming with water.

"A-Always, I p-promise," her voice is quiet but sure as she smiles from Gloom to Spirit. There was no one else she wanted to spend the rest of her days with.

"Speech"

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Choices Choices Wolfpaw Lake 12:25 PM, 08-08-2023 03:34 AM, 02-13-2024