size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-05-2023, 09:59 PM

they wake with a shiver, long pink tongue unfurling with a yawn as they blink against a stream of pale morning light. there’s a harsh nip to the air, sinking it’s teeth deeper than any breeze they’ve experienced before. it’s decidedly distrusting, icy fingers seeming to wrap around their neck and shake them awake just they’re about to sink back into blissful sleep.

after several instances of this, Araneae gives a cross huff and scrambles to their feet, scowling about the treehouse as though it’s the one at fault. with a decidedly dramatic air, they clamber from the tree house and step out into the cool air, nose lifting to note the strange new sensations swirling overhead.

honestly, just when they think they have a handle on this world, it turns around and changes everything on them!

“speech”

1-D4-BC8-FA-F2-A8-4248-A607-57-A418-BA7-D2-C-removebg-preview

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Ursa

gems
size
build
player
09-06-2023, 02:30 PM

Ursa was not one for the morning. Preferring to slumber until nearly noon, it was surprising that her eyes opened with the sun not fully in the sky yet. From her spot near the hearth, she could see that most of her siblings had already gone about their day. Were all of them early risers like dad? Her face scrunches up as she stretches out her limbs and pulls herself to stand. Glancing around the open room, she wonders where they all went. Lifting her nose, she can tell that they've left and mom is probably the only one nearby. Letting out a huff, Ursa moseys on outside, slipping from the den out into the crisp morning air.

A startled yelp leaves her as the chill of winter smacks her in the face. "So cold!" She squeaks as a shiver runs down her spine. Letting out a yawn and another stretch, Ursa glances around until her eyes land on her Auntie Hazel and Uncle Bas's treehouse. Oh, maybe they'd want to play! Taking a few steps in the direction of the treehouse, she suddenly notices another wolf she didn't recognize. Stopping in place, Ursa watches the black-coated wolf for a few moments before realizing that surely they can't be an intruder! "Hi! Do I know you?" Ursa calls out as she approaches the other pup at a toddling walk.

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-07-2023, 12:02 AM

a voice (blessedly) steals Araneae's attention from the miserable weather, drawing their gaze a few paces away to where a girl seems equally dismayed. "So cold!" yup, she had their whole-hearted agreement. eager to commiserate - and meet a new playmate, hopefully - they eat up the few steps between them and offer a sympathetic grimace. "tell me about it! i can barely feel my pads!" they lift their feet one paw at a time and blow a hot waft of air across, hoping to warm their extremities. "i don't think so? are you a...a Fa-ta-lis?" It's a term they learned from Cryptis, and one they're eager to try out. now that they are aware of the fact, who knows how many Fatalis wolves they'll bump into? "i'm Spider, and i live with Hazel and Bas in their treehouse!" they exclaim, giving an excited little wag of their tail. "have you met them before? they're super nice!"

“speech”

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Ursa

gems
size
build
player
09-12-2023, 06:22 AM

A giggle leaves Ursa as her face crinkles with happiness. Another pup to play with! Prancing with her paws lifting high until the space was closed between them, she gave the other pup a good look. A myriad of black striping, the pup was lovely! What made Ursa's head tilt slightly was the seemingly second pair of eyes... Not that those sorts of things gave her negative feelings, but she hadn't seen anyone with that before. Her mama had told her it was rude to stare though so she quickly diverted her gaze to elsewhere as the other pup was speaking. It didn't last long as Ursa had to look back at the pup, a smile widening across her face as her tail wags excitedly.

"Yes! A Fatalis! Ursa Fatalis, it's nice to meet you Spider!" she says. Her tiny voice was pleasant with that sort of humming softness that made you want to listen to her talk all day. "Oh, you do?!" Ursa responds to the fact that the pup also lived with Hazel and Bas. "Oh, Bas is my cousin! His dad and my dad are brothers!" At times, it still didn't make sense to her, but that was okay. All that mattered was that Hazel and Bas were her family. "Are you related to them?" Her head tilted to the side because the pup in front of her did not look like a Fatalis...

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-17-2023, 12:13 AM

Araneae grins, lips splitting to reveal sharp puppy teeth as they shuffle excitedly in place. “i knew it!” they declare - as if they hadn’t learnt the term mere weeks ago from that girl. they run an appraising eye over Ursa’s patchwork pelt, taking in her contrasting colours. pretty. “i could tell.” could tell how? Araneae didn’t know, but it seemed Fatalis wolves frequented the Armada, so chances were if they just confidently declared everyone a Fatalis they’d statistically get it right sometimes. at the mention of Ursa’s relation to Bas, they grow even more excited, giving an excited little wiggle as bounce around the space. “oh, cool!” but then they pause, brow furrowed in thought. “erm…not exactly? i don’t really know how it works, but i had another Mum, before,” they trail off, pulling a face at the thought of Ex-Mum. nope, time to think of something else! “…anyway, we live together, and that’s all that matters.”

“speech”

Ursa

gems
size
build
player
09-19-2023, 06:53 AM

As Ursa ages, she will grow to become an old soul in a young body. For now, she is enthusiastic and energetic. This is probably why the hesitation in Spider's voice goes unnoticed. Ursa doesn't care either way. Spider said they were family and that was all that mattered! Her tail wags back and forth excitedly as she tip-taps her paws. Now that she had met Spider, it meant another friend to play with! Or hunt with! That got her excited all over again! "Oh, Spider!" Ursa exclaims quickly before turning to look out toward the forest that lay beyond the den and garden. "Have you gone hunting yet?! Dad says he saw some Ptarmigan around recently and that I should practice hunting some of those. It's like a bird, I guess," she shrugs because she doesn't care about what it is, but more about how it tastes.

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-23-2023, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2023, 06:54 PM by Araneae. Edited 1 time in total.)

Araneae grins, eyes sparkling with excitement. this girl was so fun! and she had the best ideas. “Bas and Hazel gave me some lessons a while back!” they wiggle their shoulders in anticipation, feeling the muscles flex and shift. “i’ve been wanting to try them out! how about…first one to catch a ptamehsh gets a prize?” ok, yikes, word butchered - but Ursa would catch their meaning. plus, they really want to know what that bird tastes like; with a name like that, it has to taste weird, right? ooh, what if it’s delicious? this is going to be so much fun.

“speech”

Ursa

gems
size
build
player
10-12-2023, 11:15 AM

Ursa really enjoys Spider's returned enthusiasm. It was fun having someone to be happy with! Her own tail wags excitedly as she nods with a little too much gumption and almost bites her tongue. She didn't even care what the prize was and had since forgotten how chilly it was outside. "Oh, great idea!!" Ursa practically squeals as her own toes flex and press into the hard dirt beneath her. "Daddy says they're white or brown or both and you can tell it's the right bird by their red eyebrows!" Ursa's own eyebrows wiggle as she lets out a laugh. She turns then to face the forest that lies beyond the boundary of their homes. Lifting a paw, she points toward a small game trail that leads toward the northwest. "Let's start that way!" Ursa smiles wide, leaning over to nudge Spider on the shoulder. "Ready, set, go!" She lets out a bark before rushing ahead to start running down the game trail.

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
10-19-2023, 10:38 PM

Araneae giggles, pressing a paw to their lips as they try to imagine Ursa with red eyebrows. the very concept is ridiculous. “they must look so silly!“ they follow Ursa’s pointing to the game trail, nodding vigorously; the promise of a hunt has adrenaline shooting through their veins. they dash after Ursa as she sets off, bounding eagerly across the cold ground with a big smile stretching across their face. it isn’t long before a strange new scent touches their nose, and Araneae skids to a halt, throwing out a paw to try and hold Ursa in place. creeping forward, they snuffle through the undergrowth until a flash of red and brown catches their eye. in fact, there are a few red-and-brown somethings poking through the undergrowth. trying to bury their face in their shoulder to stifle the noise, they burst into a fit of giggles. “they are silly looking!” nudging Ursa, they add in a teasing undertone, “can’t wait for my prize!”

“speech”

Ursa

gems
size
build
player
10-25-2023, 01:21 PM

Racing down the game trail, she begins to slow. Her ears are pressed forward and eyes are alert as she searches the brush for signs of bright right eyebrows and scuffling birds. Suddenly, Spider's arm is reaching out to brace against her chest. A quiet 'oof' escapes her as she skids to a stop beside the other pup. Following the direction of Spider's gaze, Ursa also sees the red and brown birds flocked together for warmth. Ursa can't help but giggle at Spider's words. Silly was an understatement!

"In your dreams!" Ursa whispers loudly as she lowers herself to the ground. "My dad says you gotta be real quiet and slow to surprise them at the last second," she tells Spider this in hushed tones before sneaking into the bushes. Unlike Spider, Ursa is larger and has a harder time navigating the branches that stick out every which way. Slowly but surely though, Ursa makes her way closer to the birds until she is hiding only a foot or so away, ready to pounce.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. there goes my lie-in Mile-High Woods 09:59 PM, 09-05-2023 03:05 PM, 03-31-2024