Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
09-06-2023, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2023, 06:35 PM by Beauregard. Edited 1 time in total.)

The forest that Beauregard and his companions soon found themselves in was dark, wet, and filled with flora and fungi that thrived in such conditions. The smell was earthy here, and as he padded along, avoiding roots here and there, he couldn’t help but get the feeling that something was watching them make their way through the forest. The cream male frowned thoughtfully. While the mushrooms in the cavern had given him odd vibes about eating them, he wondered if they might be safe to eat here. He was trying to avoid hunting large prey, but being on the move did make him hungry… and with only a bit of the snow reaching the forest floor he was sure he could find something here. If something wasn’t already hunting him. His fur stood on end as he slowed, gaze sweeping the area behind him.

"Speech" 'Thought.'
Beauregard has two companions - a bluejay and an arctic fox. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

As his mates, Tanelan and Co. are allowed in any thread Beauregard is in regardless of tag.

Akito

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Fighter (305)

Master Intellectual (330)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
09-06-2023, 02:02 PM

Journeying back home to Auster after visiting Armada and Heidinn, Akito was ready to be back home. Some may believe that he was too young to be wandering alone, but his mother and other siblings had already headed back. He was supposed to be traveling back with his brother, Erik, but unsurprisingly, Erik had wandered off without him. That much didn't make him so mad as the fact that he had gotten turned around and now felt stuck in this creepy forest. Fog swirled around him, pressing against him, threatening to basically blind him. Aggravating as it was, he was glad he at least had his companions.

The occasional caw from his raven above told him that he was at least still heading south and his akita stayed faithfully by his side. Determined to make the trek home as quickly as possible, Akito continued to push through the mud and dirt. Nearly tripping on roots and turning into trees along the way, he soon got frustrated until he heard a noise. Predator? Stranger? Prey? Both ears perk as his grey eyes turn either way to hopefully get a look. Nothing yet, but the sound of another set of paws was undeniable. His fur raises along his spine as he takes a step back. Glancing at his akita, she too looks up at him with her fur on end.

Ducking behind a tree, he waits until the stranger passes by. From a few feet away, he can see that it is another wolf. Akito nearly sighs in relief before removing himself from his hiding spot and approaching. Cowardly was something the pup was not. "Sir, excuse me," his accented tones travel through the fog as he closes the gap between them. "Can you point me to Auster?" Akito asks politely, his fur finally settling and tail swishing gently behind him.

"speech"

akito's companions are to be assumed nearby unless stated otherwise.

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

09-06-2023, 06:33 PM

A young wolf emerged from behind the trees. Beauregard relaxed himself, not one to show hostilities unless he was threatened. And while he knew better than to underestimate an opponent, typically children were not such a threat. The boy had exercised caution, but he was not afraid as he moved through the fog toward Beau and his companions. Blind would scoff at the question. “You expect to get directions in the fog, kid? It’s easy to get turned around!”[/color] Beauregard shushed her, fixing his companion with a stern look. Even if that was the case Blind didn’t need to be like that. Once he was sure the Arctic fox wouldn’t attempt to express continued protest he’d turn his gaze back on the boy.

“Though she is blunt, Blind is not wrong. I’m not just going to turn away someone in need, however. We’ll find our way to the edge of the forest where we can get better bearings and I can help direct you. Is there anyone who is meant to be with you?” Well, providing the kid was alright with that. He needed to know if there was someone else they should be looking out for as well. He motioned for the pup to follow, at least if he would and took a couple steps before looking over his shoulder at the pup. It would be easier to cover distance as they talked. Blind grumbled about backtracking but Beau chose to ignore her this time. This wasn’t up for discussion.

"Speech" 'Thought.'
Beauregard has two companions - a bluejay and an arctic fox. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

As his mates, Tanelan and Co. are allowed in any thread Beauregard is in regardless of tag.

Akito

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Fighter (305)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
09-07-2023, 07:30 AM

Akito remains neutral through the fox's outburst. Though the twitch of his brow may indicate that he was not amused by the words, he kept his gaze on the wolf. He didn't quite care if she was right or wrong, he still needed to find a way out. The pup doesn't want to respond to such manners and is thankful that the wolf begins to speak. Akito listens patiently and nods his head in agreement. "I appreciate the help," he says politely as he steps forward to walk beside his newly met acquaintance. Is that what one was to call someone who no longer is a stranger?

Akito is thoughtful at the question and almost dares to be sassy about his response, but he doesn't want anyone to look negatively at his pack. "My brother was traveling with me but stayed back to visit other family. I would rather go home," his words are monotone and reflect much of nothing. Not even a shoulder shrug to indicate how he was feeling about the matter. Making it home was his goal and he would make it happen, come hell or high water. Akito glances over to the fox once more and notices the disgruntled expression. "If this is asking too much, I am sure I can find my way," he offers, not wanting to put them out a day or so from their own journey.

"speech"

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

10-15-2023, 11:16 PM

The boy is polite, following Beau’s lead as the man walks along the forest floor. The fog shifts at their paws, swirling and warping things in the distance, but the man shows no fear of becoming lost in its depths. He listens, an ear swiveled toward the boy, as he says he was traveling with his brother, but he had stayed where they were to visit family, whereas the one he was with wanted to go home. Beau gave a small nod. “That is understandable. Sometimes being around others, family or not, can be overwhelming… and, truthfully, there is nowhere better than home.” He hadn’t caught onto the fact that Blind had been giving the pup the occasional look of disdain until the boy’s next comment.

Beauregard frowned, glancing first at the boy and then at Blind. With a huff, the fox shifts to Beau’s other side, flicking her tail. The man’s ears slide back, and he sighs. “You are fine, I assure you. Blind can be a jerk, especially to those she doesn’t know.” The fox scoffs at this. “I am not a jerk! Not my fault you get distracted by some whelp!” This earns her a swipe from the man, and, this time, Blind darts off into the woods alone before Beau glances back at the kid with an apologetic look.

“Sorry about her… I assure you that I really don’t mind helping you get back. Animals should help each other when they can.” He allows himself a small smile. “By the way, my name is Beau. How about yours?”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Akito

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Fighter (305)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
10-20-2023, 07:24 AM

Akito doesn't react much as they wander through the forest and the man speaks about family being overwhelming. Truthfully, it was not the wolves that made him uncomfortable. Rather, it was the freezing temperatures and icy snow that he loathed. Why would he torment himself when he could be lounging along the warm shores of the bay or feeling the humid and salty breeze of the ocean moving through the bamboo? He had only agreed to go north into Boreas to visit their father (though he wasn't sure if Vidarr truly was his father or not, their appearances would say yes) and their mother wouldn't allow Erik to go alone yet. He does nod slightly in agreement that there was no better place than home - that much he would react to.

In those next moments with the exchange between the man and the fox, Akito merely raises another brow. His gaze stays on their surroundings and rather, he wonders how the older man can tell his way through the thick fog and twisting trees. To him, all he saw was tangled limbs and prickling bushes. Threats around every corner and the chance that a shadow might be an enemy. Akito continues to muse on this until the man, Beau, is speaking directly to him again. Glancing up at the older wolf, Akito raises another brow before it lowers into a more pinched expression.

"You shouldn't apologize for her if she is not sorry," he says before continuing without pause, "I am Akito," his words were simple and straightforward. Not wanting to linger on the previous interactions, Akito decides a question would be best to move them forward with their journey. "How do you not get lost in this maze?" Akito's question is inquisitive as his gaze flickers from Beau to the trail in front of them.

"speech"

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

10-28-2023, 11:07 PM

The boy speaks, and his words bring forth a sigh from Beauregard’s lips. “You are right, she is not sorry for how she speaks, nor her actions. Not to you, nor to me. But I am responsible for her words all the same. Perhaps more than she is.” His gaze is focused on the path ahead as he walks, trying to follow the trick that Skorgek had taught him when he met the ghostly faced woman. The boy’s question suggests that he does not wish to dwell on the past interactions, and Beauregard does not push it further either. He doesn’t like that Blind has gotten more… prickly lately. Maybe he needed to send her back home. Being on this journey might be more of a problem than a benefit.

“I met a woman who lives here who says if you move in a consistent direction it is the easiest way to avoid getting lost.” His ears twitched at a bird’s call. “It seems somewhat reliable, but I’ve another companion, a bluejay, who gives me signals above the fog in the canopy. She is my sight when I can not see.” The fog made the earth smell damp, and if you let your eyes wander, it could play tricks on you. “So it is a mix of trusting what that woman has said and trusting my companion. As well as my other senses besides sight.” Beauregard flicks his ears forward. He is listening, nose twitching as he checks for any additional scents in the fog that might indicate they are approaching the edge of the woods.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Akito

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Fighter (305)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
10-29-2023, 06:31 AM

Akito listens to Beau as he explains how moving in a consistent direction is the easiest way. For a moment, his brow furrows as he tries to comprehend the advice. A consistent direction? Weren't all directions consistent? Letting out a quiet hum, he doesn't say anything until Beau begins to speak of his bluejay companion. Ah, that too would make sense. "The Kaicho has Akitas, they are a sort of domesticated canine, and one had a litter recently so he gave me one of the pups. I left her at home as she is still too young to travel," he wonders if having a bird companion would do him some good as well.

Focused ahead as they walk through the forest, his nose catches a whiff of something. Akito hesitates as he peers through the fog. "Wait, Beau," his voice is a hushed whisper as the hair along his spine begins to rise. "Do  you hear that?" He asks as his ears flick back and forth. There, just off the path, he hears the rustle of a large animal. Turning to look, he sees a large dark form lumbering toward them. His lips rise in a snarl as he can finally tell that it is a spectacled bear. What was it doing up this far north? "Watch yourself," Akito warns as he leaps out of the way as the bear roars and breaks through the brush to come lunging at them.

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

11-25-2023, 12:32 PM

When Akito speaks again, he mentions a rank that Beauregard is not familiar with but can only assume is one of importance. Whoever the Kaicho was, their companions had delivered their own brood to the world, and he was to have one of their puppies as a companion of his own. Beau nods at this. While one day the akita will follow Akito around, for now it is for the better that she stays home and grows in the safety of their pack. His ears perk forward, and a call from Trill above alerts him just as Akito hesitates, telling him to wait. Both the boy and his jay had taken notice of something else in the fog. Beauregard feels the fur along his hackles raise, and his lips peel back in a growl.

A threat.

A large, dark form appears from the fog. The air is split with a roar before the creature comes rushing towards them, and Beauregard leaps to one side of the path, expecting Akito to do the same on his side. It wasn’t as if they were going to remain where they were standing and get run over by a bear, after all! Beauregard spins on his paws, trusting the boy to keep out of the path of the bear’s forelegs and jaws as he draws his blade. He lunges after the beast, blade down as he drives it into the bear’s haunch and draws forth blood. A roar of pain and fury and the bear is spinning back around. Beau uses this momentum to withdraw the blade and backpedal. He doesn’t want to meet a swipe from the creature either.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Akito

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Fighter (305)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
11-27-2023, 07:12 AM

Akito pays no mind to what Beau is doing. The man is older and should therefore be able to react without a pup watching his every move. Which to Akito, is a good thing, as the bear swings toward him and then back around to Beau. His eyes watch as a blade swipes around in his peripheral. At least Beau was prepared. Taking that moment while the bear is roaring in pain and distracted, Akito lunges forward toward the bear's ribcage. Tucking his chin and diving at the bear's thick skin, he digs his horns into the bear's meat. Another disgruntled roar escapes the bear as it becomes confused. Who was it to attack now? It tries to swipe a paw back at him, but Akito is still small and rather quick. Hopping backward, he moves toward the bear's rear. If he can slash at the bear's ankles, maybe he can help scare the predator off.

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

11-27-2023, 08:28 AM
Seconds after his own attack, Akito sees his opening and makes a move. The boy moves forth and though Beauregard is moving to keep away from the bear's claws, he can hear the younger male going for a strike. An attack that lands because the bear is soon roaring with pain once more. The Artifex wastes no time as the bear goes to strike at Akito in making a follow up attack on its other side, slashing across its ribcage for more damage and blood to well up. He seeks to draw as much blood as he can, to cause several areas of pain to discourage the other predator and make it reconsider continuing the fight. As the bear makes to swing back toward him again Beau makes another passing slash at its ankle before dodging back. 'Just give up…!' The man thought.

Akito

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Fighter (305)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
11-29-2023, 10:54 AM
Akito persists at swiping the bear's ankles. With Beau slashing at the bear's other side, the bear's roars of pain turn into frustration and confusion. It is no match for the two wolves. One more dashing blow of his teeth to the bear's thigh and suddenly the bear is bolting away. Blood trails behind the ursine as Akito steps back with heavy breath and panting tongue. He can feel pain of his own somewhere around his shoulder. Probably from running into the bear at some point, but his own blood hadn't been spilled. The pup would take that as a win in his book.

With the bear running back into the shadows, Akito turns to Beau. "Eventful," he comments with a ghost of a smile finally replacing the normally stoic expression upon him. "Seems we should be getting out of here sooner than later," Akito comments as his gaze moves over Beau to ensure the older male hadn't endured any significant injuries.

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

12-21-2023, 09:36 AM

More and more blood is drawn against the near, the creature breathing heavily as its pain becomes frustration and confusion at the two wolves working together to take it down. Thankfully, unlike some predators this one knew when to give up. It broke away from Beau and Akito, racing away to tend to its injuries. Beauregard leans down to wipe the blood from his blade on the foliage before returning it to his sheath. It is then his gaze shifts to Akito. “Indeed.” He tells the younger male. His own blood had not been spilled but he didn't want to take a chance on that changing. He would begin to move again. “Couldn’t agree with you more.”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Somebodys watching me~ Soulless Forest 01:07 PM, 09-06-2023 04:00 PM, 12-22-2023