gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
10-24-2023, 06:30 PM

Summer was coming to close and with the wetter days came scarcer food options. His stomach constantly reminded him by growling loudly and twisting it around until he was wincing in pain. When was the last time he had eaten? Frustration laces his expression as he treks from the God’s Garden over to the rolling hills of Fossil Ridge. The shifting winds led him here on the hope that whatever animal he was smelling was still there.

Large paws ate up the dry grass and flaky dirt. Quietly and fast, the young boy only stopped to catch his breath atop a hill and glance around. Peering through the bright sunset light, he notices a small flock of wooly sheep a few hills over. Wilder’s ears perk up as he feels his mouth begin to salivate. Here was his chance!

"Speak."

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
10-24-2023, 08:19 PM

Claire had left on a journey up North. She insisted she go it alone, and he reluctantly agreed. With her gone, he wasn't sure what to do with himself, so he decided to keep himself busy and focus on stocking what he could for the coming colder seasons. He headed out to the nearby ridge where he'd found old bones and other things he'd never seen before. He hadn't hunted here before, but surely he'd find something worth bringing back. The old man walked quietly over the hills, keeping to whatever shade he could find since it had been hot, but he could feel that the next season was just over the horizon. Hopefully, it would bring more pleasant weather. Hopefully it wouldn't be too cold, either. His aching joints would be grateful.

The sound of sheep drew his attention, ears perking up as his focus shifted to where he'd heard them. He couldn't see them, but on further investigation, they weren't too far. He could smell them. He could hear them. Somewhere on these hills were sheep waiting to be hunted. Lowering himself to the ground, the old Armada male slunk forward, trying to keep himself out of sight as best he could. Though he'd have to try an element of surprise...he was getting too old to keep up for a full on chase.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Wilder

Armada
Stalker

Master Hunter (250)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
10-25-2023, 05:42 AM

Wilder admires the scenery as he lopes along. Massive fossilized bones litter the black dirt of the hills, revealing creatures that no longer roamed the lands. What exactly they were was beyond his knowledge. Something he didn't mind knowing because the teeth on some of those monsters were terrifying! His eyes would linger on the outcroppings of dig sites where it was clear wolves had spent time moving and shifting dirt and breaking open stone and rock to find out more about these old-world animals. Had they found anything significant? Wilder thinks about the possibility of ever coming across such a beast as he crests the next hill and takes another breathless break. Boy, he was out of shape!

Scanning the landscape once more, he lays his eyes back on the sheep that mill about at the bottom of a small valley between the hills. He counts and notices there are a few lambs that might be easy for him to take alone. Once he decides on his target, he notices a dark form slinking through the grass. From his position atop the hill, he sees the wolf also going for the sheep, but they appear rather... old. Oh, Maybe they could work together!

Taking a longer way around so he can also lower himself to the ground and slowly approach the wolf from the side, Wilder approaches Greed as silently as he can. "Want some help? I'm pretty face. I can cut one off and drive it back to you to take down," the boy grins with both ears perked and tail wagging, hoping the old man will agree.

"Speak."

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
11-10-2023, 11:35 PM

He moves slowly. Carefully. He did his best to keep himself out of sight so that the sheep didn't see him before he was ready to be seen. He could hear them still, lazily talking to each other and he knew he was getting closer. With such an open terrain though, and the hills that dotted this ridge, he wasn't so sure he could rely on speed and stamina anymore. He had to take a stealthy approach...strikes when he got close enough...maybe he should've asked one of his packmates to come along with him, but he wasn't exactly one to ask others for help.

Luckily for him, someone would come along and offer help of their own. He heard the approach before he saw them. The stranger approached him, asking if he wanted any help and told him what he could do. Well well, what were the odds? "Perfect timing. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were reading my mind. If you don't mind helping out an old man...I'd appreciate it." Geez, age was really making him soft, wasn't it? Normally he would've grumbled and told the guy to piss off, but Claire's kindness and pure heart combined with the fact he was aware of his aging body really was doing a number on him.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Wilder

Armada
Stalker

Master Hunter (250)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
01-31-2024, 08:02 AM
He can't help but let out a chuckle. "I've been told I'm pretty good at reading minds," Wilder jokes, his eyes crinkling at the center. Without another word, he takes off to circle around the group of sheep. His gaze is sharp and focused as he makes his way toward the back end of the herd. It only takes a few minutes before he notices an older one with a limp. Ah, perfect! Not that he's terribly good at hunting, but he's at least not stupid enough to go after one of the bigger males.

Settling down in the grass far from Greed, Wilder waits for his moment. Getting antsy, he kneads the dirt until he sees an opening. The herb begins to space out, distracted by grazing and no wind to give away their scents. As soon as the older one is somewhat alone, Wilder bursts forward. Pushing as much speed into his paws as he can, he runs straight for the limping sheep that is now alerting the others to the oncoming danger.

Snapping his jaw together so his teeth clack loudly, Wilder chases the old sheep in the direction where Greed lay in wait.

WILDER

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Baa, baa, black sheep Fossil Ridge 06:30 PM, 10-24-2023 04:45 PM, 02-28-2024