gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
10-25-2023, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2023, 12:23 PM by Crux. Edited 3 times in total.)
((Liquid time to slightly before Crux's Halloween thread, so no neck scar))

Nav: Exploring Sparse Pines

Crux was eager to plan out where he'd be looking for herbs come spring, which couldn't come soon enough. But with Riya out looking for emergency rations almost every day he knew his father wasn't exactly happy with him going out alone. The warlord was probably worried about him in particular, not just because of his leg but because of the whole situation with Cryptis. No doubt he'd been filled in by his companions when they'd gotten back from Insomnia and if Crux was being honest he probably hadn't helped by making a detour before going home from Insomnia. So Crux couldn't really blame his father, even if it rubbed him the wrong way. So to assuage his father's worries Crux decided to see if he could get some company to come with him, probably a good idea considering he was going a bit farther than he usually did.

"Thanks for coming with by the way." Crux turned to look at the wolf he'd managed to wrangle into his trip. Dierdra wasn't one of his siblings but he'd at least met her before which helped him to be a lot less tense now, even if that meeting had been to help her recover from having nearly died of starvation. "I think if he thought he'd get away with it my father would stop me going out alone for a while." Not that he hadn't gone out alone recently, but Crux was doing his best not to think about that or he'd spiral into confusion all over again. They'd passed the crumbling remains of the wall and were now starting to move under the thin canopy of the pines. "I'm going to be keeping an eye out for anything that would indicate something useful will start growing here in the spring but I'm sure a better understanding of all types of resources would be useful. Feel free to come and get me if you find anything." Steel blues swept over the horizon. The best option would probably be the small patches of underbrush he could see, but aside from that it didn't seem like there was much life other than the pines.

CruxRiya

Art by Twonahalfer
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Dierdra

gems
size
build
player
11-07-2023, 01:49 PM

Dee had not expected to be asked to tag along. She honestly believed Crux would've forgotten all about her after that day in the cove. And she wouldn't have blamed him either. It wasn't like she was an important wolf anyway. But she was thankful that he had asked and with an eager nod of her head, she followed the Armadan boy north toward a cluster of pines.

As they reach the outskirts of the plains, an ear turns in his direction as he speaks. Her head nods with a small smile added so he knows that she's also thankful for the invite. Her silence could be companionable, but also awkward at times. She knows this, but as much as she tries, words still don't work for her. When Crux continues to speak, she looks over at him with a raised brow and a pointed look at the crystals lined along one of his legs. One would think that their father would be protective over their son who may not be able to run from predators. Dee admired his independence and instead looked away and out at the pines that now surrounded them.

With Crux's comment about finding some indication of potential life, her brows furrow. Life? Here? Dee shrugs and continues to walk through the pines. If that's what he was looking for, she supposed she had nothing better to be doing anyway. Maybe she would come across a hare or two to catch for dinner. But as far as she could see, there was nothing except for the pines. Even the light snow that lay over the ground made the tall, spindly pines stand out even more. Stark poles of bare branches against a white backdrop. How the pines even grew in these desolate plains was unimaginable to her.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Scoutting ahead Sparse Pines 09:36 PM, 10-25-2023 03:13 AM, 02-13-2024