Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Nyx

Ooh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipCritical Attack!All Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3
10-26-2023, 08:23 AM
A snarl echoed sharply through the darkness as Veigar sulked along, nearly tripping as he smashed one of his paws off the side of a rock, unexpectedly jutting up from a flat section of the plains. He was selfishly grateful that this was where Medusa had chosen to lay claim - he avoided  the northwestern tar pits at all costs, knowing exactly how dangerous those lands could be for him. Here, though, he didn't anticipate much injury, especially as he grew more accustomed to navigating freely without sight, so when his paw came in contact with a rock that didn't budge he felt his temper flare. It was no surprise that the luminescent markings on his coat brightened in unison, nearly blinding in the darkness, though not long after they faded down to a dull glow.

Silence once again reigned as he continued on, head so low to the ground that his nose nearly grazed the grasses that remained here, quickly sinking back into his own thoughts. Since the raid and the subsequent meeting, he hadn't felt much of anything. At first he'd been angry, then he'd felt a little sorry for himself... but now that those all-consuming emotions had faded he simply felt numb. He needed to do something, to be better, but he didn't know where to even start.

Veigar is completely blind; his eyes are a hazy shade of pale yellow, though he tries his best to hide this fact.
His saliva also glows a faint shade of neon green since the Ooze event.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

Dream WeaverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipVengeanceUnderachieverDouble Master
OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
Critical Attack!The Ooze Participant
10-26-2023, 10:06 AM

Medusa had promoted him which meant getting out of this funk he was in. To prove to her that it was a good decision to promote him. It was something he was still struggling to comprehend. He had wanted to be in this sort of position when his mother was still around. How had he still gotten something he wanted but lost so much in the process? Is that what power was all about? The thoughts rolled through his mind as he wandered. He had initially gone out to scout for prey for the pack to hunt, but soon got distracted by the brooding and depressing thoughts that plagued him.

Meandering about the dry grass field, he only looks up as a chilled breeze rushes past him to bring over Veigar's scent. Ghoul stops and looks to the man. Something about Veigar seems... off. Unable to really put a paw on it, Ghoul begins to approach Veigar. Slowly, each paw in front of the other until he is ten or so feet away. "Veigar," his gravelly tones speak up loud enough for the blind man to hear him. "Can I be of help?" Young Ghoul would have never guessed he'd be so... helpful. So caring and well, okay not really that caring, but caring enough that one might believe he actually had some sort of empathy for others.

Ghoul Klein

Warning: If anyone dares to fuck with Cricket, their pups, or Macabre, you will be answering to him.

Veigar

Insomnia
Fear

Advanced Fighter (81)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Nyx

Ooh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipCritical Attack!All Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3
10-30-2023, 07:54 PM
Veigar knew a thing or two about brooding. It was about all he did these days, moping around and trying to avoid attention from anyone, wishing the world would open up and swallow him whole. But he wasn't suicidal, no - that'd be too much of an easy way out, and even if he detested his suffering he was sure it was deserved. He deserved to be alone, to be unloved, to be...

His thoughts were disrupted, and he nearly tripped over his own paws, jerking to an abrupt halt and freezing. He felt as awkward as he looked, head bowed down low to the ground, his markings glowing in a faint display of discomfort. "Ghoul," he returned the greeting plainly, at first ignoring his question and staying silent, like his lack of speech might somehow make the moment end. But it stretched on, and Veigar struggled. "You're supposed to help with my fight training, right?" That was one of the few things he'd taken from the pack meeting, and he'd be thinking over it for awhile now. He needed to get better, he had to. There was no other option.

Veigar is completely blind; his eyes are a hazy shade of pale yellow, though he tries his best to hide this fact.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
11-08-2023, 10:39 AM

Ghoul freezes as he notices Veigar start. Had he interrupted the man doing something important? His ears flick backward as he watches Veigar carefully. Something is off. He isn't sure what it is, but he feels a familiar tug in his chest. In a way, it appeared that Veigar had been moving about similar to how his mother had during the day. Was he... Was he blind? No, he couldn't be. Ghoul's face scrunched. Thankfully Veigar doesn't give him any time to dwell on these thoughts. The question has his head tilted to the side. That was what Medusa had said, wasn't it? If he remembers correctly, Veigar, Cricket, and Macabre were supposed to be his responsibility.

At first, Ghoul nods, but if his suspicion is correct, he would need to speak. Clearing his throat, he shuffles a bit, feeling just as awkward as Veigar probably felt. "I would suppose I am," there is humor in his voice as he tries to lighten the mood. No sense in dwelling on the negative. They would have to utilize it to their advantage somehow... This would indeed be a challenge for him. "Do you have any idea where you would like to start?" Ghoul asks, his words are careful and tentative.

Warning: If anyone dares to fuck with Cricket, their pups, or Macabre, you will be answering to him.

Veigar

Insomnia
Fear

Advanced Fighter (81)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Nyx

The Ooze - Variation 3
11-08-2023, 01:57 PM
Every moment that passed was more painstaking than the one that came before it. There was no telling anything, not how Ghoul was looking at him, not if there was anyone else watching them nearby, nothing but pitch black fucking darkness. He hesitated, sniffing the air as a slight breeze whisked past the two men, trying to gauge anything he could about Ghoul's demeanor. His tone said something specific... was he uncomfortable? He didn't remember Ghoul being the awkward sort, but a lot had changed since he'd really last spent time with him.

"No," Veigar started, but his voice betrayed his uncertainty. If he wanted to get better, truly better, he'd have to confide in someone. Medusa had caught on quickly enough and still she had praised him for how well he'd done in the raid... despite everything.  But he wanted to be praised not in spite of what he lacked, but for his true skill and prowess in battle. And hiding in the shadows simply wasn't going to help him do that. He grit his teeth, clearly struggling with his decision to out himself to Ghoul.

"I can't see. Anything," he clarified, lifting his head and turning it in the direction of the other man's voice. He didn't even know what his own eyes looked like now, but he could guess they looked hazy and unfocused, based on how Medusa had scoped out his disability. "You're the only one I've told, besides Medusa. I still want to fight. I don't want to be seen for what I'm lacking, but rather my strengths." Being so open and vulnerable made his stomach turn uncomfortably, like sharp daggers twisting in his core. He braced himself for whatever Ghoul might say in return, but fearing his reaction.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

11-29-2023, 09:43 AM

"No."

The word is tense from Veigar. Ghoul can see it plain as day on the man's facial expression. There was something wrong. Unfortunately, Ghoul can't... put himself in Veigar's place. He doesn't know what it is like to be blind. While he can understand day blindness to an extent, it wasn't nearly as detrimental as being completely blind. And though Ghoul is not one for feelings and pity, he does sympathize in a way for Veigar. How can one be useful to a pack if they cannot see?

Ghoul mulls this over as Veigar tells him that Medusa is the only other that knows of his condition. His ears perk and brows raise as Veigar also admits that he wants to still fight and be seen for his strengths, not his weakness. This impresses Ghoul. For one to not shrink back away from difficulties is admirable. A low hum leaves Ghoul as he contemplates the best course of action.

"If Medusa still sees use of you then I cannot deny your wishes," Ghoul speaks carefully, treading over the sensitive topic. As of late, he had learned to be more tactful, thoughtful, and mature. Leaps and bounds better than when he was younger. "Since you cannot see, you must rely on your other senses," he pauses then, allowing the thought to sink in for Veigar and to also ready a lesson for the man. "Is your hearing sound? Your sense of touch? That is where we can start," Ghoul poses the questions as he shifts his weight, feeling less uncomfortable with the situation now that he had thought of a way to possibly help.

Veigar

Insomnia
Fear

Advanced Fighter (81)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Nyx

The Ooze - Variation 3
12-14-2023, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2024, 03:28 PM by Veigar. Edited 1 time in total.)
Veigar wasn't sure how Ghoul might react to his confession, and he feared the worst. Truthfully being afraid was a cornerstone of his personality, though it was an aspect he kept carefully under wraps, covered up in spite instead. But he can't be overly bitter toward Ghoul, who had never treated him badly, who was a packmate and a potential ally to him, especially if he was willing to help train him to fight. Opening up was hard though, excruciatingly so, and he waited silently as Ghoul took in his words - and seemingly struggled with how to take the information, judging by his initial silence.

He wasn't quite sure how to take his words when he finally spoke. If Meduda still sees use of you, Ghoul started, and that was where Veigar's attention fixated all at once. Did Ghoul not see use of him, then? He felt his temper beginning to flare, evidenced by his pale luminescent markings beginning to glow brighter, but he focused hard on reigning it in. He focused on his breathing, on the things he could experience - the ground beneath his paws, the temperature of the air around them, the smells. Anything to ground him and keep him from slipping away.

"My other senses are fine. Better now, even," he admitted. Maybe his sense of smell, of hearing, of touch weren't necessarily better but he'd learned how to pay attention to those senses in a way he'd taken for granted before. "I almost think my lack of sight was an advantage during my first fight in the raid. When you're fighting, you often move based on how your opponent might react. But it felt like I caught mine off-guard because she couldn't predict shit about me." He was proud of his victory, but it was dampened by how quickly he'd been beat down in the fight following.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

01-30-2024, 03:20 PM

Ghoul listens and then he thinks on what Veigar has said. There is something about what the other man says that has Veigar intrigued. To take an opponent by surprise because they couldn't foresee his attack... Using his disability as an advantage was brilliant. Did that make Veigar more of a wild card than skilled? Or could he turn it into a skill? His features change subtly as he shifts once more, his weight transitioning from one side to the other. Honestly, he wouldn't really know until he fought him. How was he to know Veigar's skill level if he had no idea what he could do?

"Fight me," the words are straightforward and slightly uncertain. Ghoul is winging it, but he hopes it will help. Setting himself into more of a fight stance, he lowers his head, hunches his shoulders, allows his fur to puff and bristle. Appearing larger wouldn't matter when fighting a blind wolf, but he still needed to protect himself. And with his bulkier stature, he wasn't the fastest opponent out there either. Taking a few steps away and toward Veigar's right side, Ghoul watches him carefully, hoping to anticipate his first move.

Ghoul vs Veigar for Spar
Round 0/?
Size: Extra large
Build: Heavy
Skills: Master Hunter & Master Fighter

Veigar

Insomnia
Fear

Advanced Fighter (81)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Nyx

The Ooze - Variation 3
02-13-2024, 03:35 PM
Maybe the way his temper flared was preemptive, but he hesitated in letting go of that frustration until he was sure of Ghoul's intentions. If the other male saw him as lesser, as something that was too broken to ever really fix, he wasn't sure he could find the strength to push forward and train with him and become stronger. He waited, as patiently as he could as Ghoul considered his words, issuing him a simple challenge instead of denying him or questioning what he'd offered.

Fight me.

He was at a disadvantage, but he couldn't let his handicap hold him back forever. Not anymore. Veigar stilled himself for a long moment, ears perked high and swiveling to follow Ghoul's movements, trained carefully on each sound as best as he was able. He moved slowly at first, trying to orient himself toward the pale man, then all at once - kicking off hard and fast toward him. He'd aim as best as he could straight at him, realizing as he made to collide with him that he'd overestimated his movements.

It took a quick re-calibration to attempt to orient himself properly, aiming to lift himself up and swing his paws down over the other male's back. While he did that, he aimed parted jaws at whatever he could find - snapping and lashing out at whatever flesh he was able, never seeking to grab hold of anything for long or even very hard at all, but rather trying to let out a series of frantic bites that he hoped might disrupt Ghoul's movements if any of them found hold, aiming near his face and neck.

Veigar vs Ghoul for Spar
Round 1 / 2
Size: Large
Build: Light
Disability: Full blindness - Severe
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Beginner Intellectual

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

02-21-2024, 01:21 PM

His gaze follows Veigar. He can see how the man moves slowly, calculating each movement and step, lining himself up until he isn't. Surprise flits across his expression, eyes widening slightly as Veigar is suddenly kicking off suddenly toward him. The space between them is closing quickly and Ghoul isn't given much time to react. Pushing off quickly toward Veigar, he then notices how Veigar has over estimated and is now trying to correct his position.

In an effort to combat that, Ghoul puts on the brakes as quickly as he can. Dust kicking up into the air as his weight flings forward. Allowing himself to continue forward as Veigar's front legs come slamming down over his shoulders, Ghoul leans forward, one paw stepping forward. His head ducks down and then twists to face upward more toward Veigar's ribcage. Just as he can feel Veigar snapping and teeth clacking at his shoulders and spine, he does the same with his own. Snapping and clacking toward Veigar's ribs and tender underbelly to hopefully get the man to remove himself.

Ghoul vs Veigar for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Heavy
Skills: Master Hunter & Master Fighter

Veigar

Insomnia
Fear

Advanced Fighter (81)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Nyx

The Ooze - Variation 3
03-22-2024, 06:04 PM
Though his movements were frantic, erratic, trying to make up for what he lacked - he was paying keen attention to the other wolf's movements, hoping somehow he could overcompensate for what he was lacking. Ghoul seemed to hold strong against his initial attack, pushing back into him instead of letting Veigar overpower him. He twists beneath him, jaws making contact with Veigar's ribcage. There's not much padding there, as currently he's not much more than skin and bones, so the contact hurts.

The sharp pain is enough to force him backwards, no longer snapping frantically at Ghoul but trying to reel back and steady himself. Only for a moment, though, before he's lunging forward and aiming to strike again. This time with all his strength, parted jaws aiming straight for Ghoul's face - or at least where he suspected it might be.

Veigar vs Ghoul for Spar
Round 2 / 2
Size: Large
Build: Light
Disability: Full blindness - Severe
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Beginner Intellectual

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Dragged across the finish line Dancefloor of the Gods 08:23 AM, 10-26-2023 03:42 PM, 06-10-2024