Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
11-15-2023, 02:46 PM
Gilgamesh would not say he was adept at healing. It was... not his forte, but since becoming a pirate and now leading a pack, he had picked up on some things. He at least enjoyed it more than hunting. That was something he only did out of necessity. Recently though he had noticed how Siduri had become interested in healing. Especially after the incident where she promptly bit him to only bandage it right after.

The Raid King wanted to be a good father. To lean into his pup's interests and allow them to grow and blossom into beautiful adults. Being a healer was also something the raiders needed more of. Rivin was blossoming as well, but he hadn't seen Sakana in a while (should he be worried?) so helping Siduri sounded well enough like a good idea.

Gathering a myriad of supplies, he called out for the pale pastel girl to meet him in the ground-floor meeting room. Placing the pack of healer supplies (bandages made from hide, tinctures made from herbs, poultices, and even a piece of wood to use as a splint) on the stone before him, he sat neatly beside the crackling fire to wait for his girl to arrive.

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Siduri

Raiders Hollow
The Scion

Master Healer (245)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
11-28-2023, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 04:46 PM by Siduri. Edited 1 time in total.)

Sid was a brat. Well... maybe she just had too much energy, too much freedom, too much personality for her little frame to handle. Whatever she was, the girl knew how to make an entrance! When Gilgamesh called for her, Sid had been putting rocks on top of crabs to see how long it took them to dig themselves out. She had been getting bored, so she was overjoyed at having been summoned.

Siduri ran as fast as her adolescent legs could carry her. She burst into the lower level of the building and made a beeline for Gil. "Fatherrrrrr" she called out, enjoying the echo of her own voice, as she collided with his side in a perfect tackle. The girl's tail went a million miles an hour and she was at risk of lifting off the ground with her excitement. It was no secret that she loved her dad and, being called for specifically, it made her quite happy.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
12-12-2023, 07:42 AM

It was no lie that Gilgamesh loved all of his offspring. He cared for each of them individually and wished to see them prosper in life. Yet, when it came to his favorite... Well, to anyone that asked, he gave the typical parent response of I have no favorites, but as Siduri burst into the room, her voice echoing off the walls and her body slamming into his side, his heart may have grown slightly larger. Letting out a quiet laugh, he lifts a paw to pat her on the head and hopefully calm her down enough that she could pay attention to what he had to say.

"I think we need to start honing your skills, what do you say?" He couldn't hide the smile on his face as he looked down at his pastel daughter before turning his attention to the supplies laid out before them. "As raiders, we get injured quite often. I know there are others in the pack that are capable at tending to wounds, but I am getting this feeling that you might be good at it as well," his smile grows as he pulls a few of the items closer to him. Now, Gil was no healer by any means, but he had picked up the basics through his years of fighting and raiding. "Can you tell me what this salve is used for?" He pushes the small clay jar full of honey bee wax, aloe, and other herbs toward her for her to smell and get a good look at.

"speech"

CODE BY SHELBY

Siduri

Raiders Hollow
The Scion

Master Healer (245)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
12-21-2023, 01:20 PM

Skills!
"But father, I'm already skilled in many areas. Conversation, Blaspheming, swashbuckling..." Siduri continued to list a bunch of random skills which happened to include bucket scrubbing as well. Realizing that she'd gone off on a tangent, Sid blinked and flashed her father the winning smile that she had perfected. It obviously wasn't a time for tomfoolery (another of her skills) so the multi-colored girl sat and was quiet, though she couldn't stop smiling.

Ears perked as Gil began to speak about Raiders getting injured. Sid nodded to let him know that she was listening. For as... energetic... as Sid was, she was definitely interested in healing, so she paid as much attention as she could manage.

Eyes moved to the jar that Gil laid out for her and Sid gave it a little sniff. She could smell the herbs within it and noted that it looked waxy. "Uhh... burrrrns?" The inflection at the end of her speech rose in question and the girl's brows rose with it. She hoped that she was right.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
02-01-2024, 11:17 AM
Gil laughs heartily at the girl. "You are not wrong, my dear, but one must be well rounded if she hopes to be a real Pirate Queen one day," he winks at her before they move onto the lesson that he has laid out in front of them. Waiting patiently as she looks over the items, giving each one a good sniff, he wonders if she'll get it right. After a few beats, her uncertain voice says burns. Gil nods, reaching with a paw to ruffle the fur atop her head. "The aloe is good for burns, you're right," he praises her with a smile before pushing the other salves toward her. "What ones would you use for not burns? Say I got a cut? A bite? Would any of those work for that?" Gil pushes them closer again to Sid so she doesn't have to reach as far.

Siduri

Raiders Hollow
The Scion

Master Healer (245)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
02-18-2024, 01:47 AM

Siduri's tail went a million miles a minute as Gil ruffled her fur and complimented her on knowing what Aloe did. He then asked what she would use if he had a cut or something. "Hmm... This one smells like it has Chamomile in it. Maybe Comfrey too?" She sniffed again then nodded. "I'd use this one for cuts, Dad."

As she inspected the third batch of salve, Siduri randomly shared knowledge with her dad. "Did you know that you can die from a little cut? If it gets too dirty in there, your body just gets sicker and sicker until the cut turns green and rots and blehhhhhhh" The girl fell over, pretending to die. "Goooooldenseal! That's the one!" She pointed to the last crock from her place on the ground. "Goldenseal keeps your wounds from turning greeeeeeen!"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
02-21-2024, 08:20 PM
Gil watches Siduri carefully, a gleam of pride in those eerie yellow eyes. She knows so much already that he wasn't sure who was actually giving the lesson! Slowly he nods as she points out of the Chamomile and Comfrey which she declares she would use for cuts. Again, she is right. Who was teaching her all of this? His brow scrunches a bit, but he doesn't question her yet. She's on a roll! He can tell by the dizzying look on her face that her brain is racing as fast as it can.

He can't help but laugh as she pretends to die, falling to the ground. Before he can get a word in, she's pointing to the last crock which indeed has Goldenseal in it. Once she calms, he nods and smiles, yes, how right she was yet... "A little cut could kill you, but did you know our bodies have their own defense systems?" Gil's head cants to the side a bit, a brow raised in her direction. "So sometimes, a small cut is okay to let heal on its own. That's how we grow strong from sicknesses," he points a paw at a recent cut on his shoulder. "See how it swells slightly and turns angry red? That's it healing on it's own. Now if it does go green and fills with puss, then we would definitely need to take care of it," Gil turns his attention back to Sid to see if she understands.

Siduri

Raiders Hollow
The Scion

Master Healer (245)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
02-21-2024, 09:00 PM

Little 'dead' Siduri righted herself and listened as her father changed the topic from salves to wounds and wound care. Her little brow knitted together as she thought about the body being able to defend itself. Were there tiny little wolves in her blood ready to bite and kill the dirt? The thought made her giggle, a little white paw rising to cover her mouth. This was serious business and she was trying to be serious too.

As Gil showed her the old cut on his shoulder and explained that the slight swelling and redness meant that it was healing, the girl nodded. She'd had a few scratches that she just let heal on their own. They didn't hurt, so why waste supplies? Look at her being practical!

"Daddy, did you know that there's an old lady in The Hallows that has really cool toes? She said that she can put people back together with them when they get hurt. Can I have fancy, wiggly toes too?" Sid looked at her paw, flexing her toes that would, alas, always remain boring toes. "Have you ever had to be put back together?"

Piratess

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. to learn is to know Daager Isle 02:46 PM, 11-15-2023 12:07 PM, 03-07-2024