size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

VengeanceCritical Observation!1KLoserCritical Fail!Pride - Pansexual
12-14-2023, 03:59 PM
Winter had passed while she'd been away and now that they were well and truly into spring it was beyond time Flurry face her family, her father in particular. Her head was a mess, thoughts of everything she'd learned and the wolves she'd met bouncing around in a big jumble that made it hard to focus. Her own emotions around her family weren't helping. Her father's lie of omission felt the heaviest, it was just one more thing on the pile of "I never get told anything" that had been building in her but somehow it felt the worst. She'd asked him point blank what had happened and he'd straight up not told her his own part in everything. He hadn't thought she needed or deserved to know. He didn't think she was worthy of being Scion that much was clear to her now. Why keep her in the dark if he did? He'd only be fucking the whole pack over by withholding information she needed. Well she knew now, and she wasn't happy. Flurry splashed her way onto shore, shook herself out and without waiting for her pelt to dry called for her father. He'd come to her this time, he owed her much more than that. Honestly while she was hurt at this point Flurry knew it was too late for her to ever get out of this easily but she was also pretty upset by the idea that her father had chosen to just let his children be part of hostilities they never should have been. Sure they'd been attacked by Azure when she'd been a child, the asshole, but her younger siblings? They were uninvolved and if she had any say at all they'd remain so, no more children dragged into wars they don't belong to. They deserved that, they all had, the least she could do was try and protect her younger siblings where her parents had failed her.

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy
Updated 01/13/23: I am currently on indefinite scarcity, please be patient and don't remind me of missing tags right now.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (780)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Slave Master Slave Master

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
12-19-2023, 01:59 PM
A lot was on Gilgamesh’s mind when Flurry’s call beckoned him across the waters. The fact that she was searching for him within the archipelago and not on the isle both concerned him and made him curious. Was she really not going to come all the way home for whatever it was she insisted on? Feeling rather sour due to a bunch of things, Gil took his time making his way over to her.

Swimming leisurely through the choppy spring waters, he could see her waiting for him on the shore. The expression on her face, even from this distance, didn’t appear pleased. He couldn’t hold back the sigh that left him as he made it to shore and shook out his coat. Another female out to yell at him, right? At least Flurry being his daughter meant he had some control over the outcome. Right?

Approaching the girl, he looks at his daughter, coming to a stop with an arched brow. “Flurry,” he says, tone flat and expression slightly pinched. Preparing for whatever was on her mind, he pulls himself into a sitting position and leaves the floor open for her.

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

12-21-2023, 01:31 AM
Unfortunately for Gilgamesh it was a testament to his parenting that he'd raised a fighter, one who had an independent streak and wasn't afraid to get stubborn about it when things weren't going the way she'd prefer. And she was an adult now, one who could make up her own damn mind no matter what he said or did. Flurry watched as her father approached, noting his less than welcoming expression. Well good, he was in good company since she wasn't too happy either. "Dad." She returned his greeting, not bothering to soften her own tone. She watched him silently seat himself leaving the floor open and Flurry just gave a curt nod.

"Due to various circumstances I felt the need to leave for a time as you no doubt are aware." Unless he wasn't, Flurry was very much starting to doubt she ever crossed his mind. He had new children to look after and she was just the daughter who'd chosen to stay; not even ambitious enough to break out on her own. Flurry paced as she spoke, all that tension needing a release before she completely lost it at him. "I went to Armada." Flurry watched his face carefully. "I spoke to the warlord, I asked what his view on this whole stupid conflict was." Okay yeah she wasn't even bothering to blunt her opinions. "We are in agreement that things went too far the moment otherwise innocent children became involved. His and yours." Her voice was hard. "He claimed to be unaware of what Azure had done and certainly didn't seem too happy to hear he'd kicked a pup. He cares that Dread is involved and doesn't want to keep dragging his children into this. As far as I can tell your quarrel is with one asshole and not a whole pack. So do you want to tell me how harassing a woman, one we'd already kidnapped once, by chasing her around is helping?" Cut to the chase, Flurry had neither the patience or emotional fortitude to beat around the bush right now. She stopped pacing as she asked, turning to face her father head on. Her expression left no room for doubt on how she felt about his actions. She certainly didn't approve.

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy
Updated 01/13/23: I am currently on indefinite scarcity, please be patient and don't remind me of missing tags right now.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (780)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
12-21-2023, 08:47 AM

Gilgamesh would sit almost as perfectly still as a statue. Watching his daughter pace only furthered the anger that lingered beneath his skin. The look on her face wasn't a pleased one and slowly, his own features would morph into one of fury as well. Her words bit into him and his brow furrowed. He lets out a gruff noise, agreeing that he had noticed she was gone. He secretly kept tabs on all of his offspring, even the ones who thought they weren't being watched. As much as others wanted him to be a terrible father, he wasn't. His own personal choices appeared to bloom over those that others deem appropriate or good.

It also came as no surprise to him that she went to the Armada. His pack was not banished from going to other packs - even the one he despised the most. Deluge had been and no doubt Scald had probably gone as well and others that no longer wore the name of Raider or Pirate. Still, he wears a stoic expression, pinched brow, watching and knowing that she is too watching him.

Oh? She spoke to the Warlord? What a boring conversation that must of been. Saving his own hide, Gil was sure. The old man was no doubt one to cover his own ass before saving the ones he promised he cared for. And stupid conflict? Gil was unsure what she meant by that. Stupid conflict between his and the warlord's packs? Did Flurry even have a whole and complete understanding about what all had gone on? His fur bristles slightly, but he doesn't interrupt. Gil allows his daughter to get out whatever childish ideas she had in her head before he would speak his peace.

Unaware? Of Azure? Gil highly doubted that. From his own conversations with Scald, it had only taken moments for the Warlord to appear to try and save Dread from Deluge. There would be no possible way the man didn't also keep tabs on his second in command. Indeed, his own personal quarrel was with Azure directly. There was indeed no doubt about that, but yet, that one asshole was linked and the offspring of The Warlord himself and therefore, the quarrel would pass onto the Armada. Their wolves stood by Azure's side and thus Gil would not and could not trust them.

It is her last question that leaves him smirking at his oldest daughter. As she stops to face him, staring back at her stern expression, he merely lifts a brow and allows for a pregnant silence to fall between them. Taking those moments to collect his thoughts, to push down the rage that boiled within him, he did everything in his power to not do exactly what he wanted to in that moment. He was the Raid King now and had to act as such.

"None of the Warlord's children have come under harm since I have taken leadership," Gil's voice is pointed, direct, stern. He needed Flurry to understand and understand well. "Let me remind you that weeks after I took over the Pirates from Sparrow, the Warlord was the one who came to our doorstop and raided us. We had hardly a moment to even gather our bodies before he was making his first moves. Do not let his words cloud who you are and where you come from," he pauses, staring right at Flurry, his lips trembling as a growl builds in his throat.

"Azure is of the Armada. He is the son of Sirius and was once and as far as I know, the Second in Command of the Armada. Everything he has done to our family was under the Armada's name. It does not matter what Sirius does not know, it still falls back on him. And do I care to remind you who I was acting under when I went to capture Hanako from the Armada Territory? Not I, but Sparrow. Once I took ownership and transitioned us to the Raiders, they have not since seen a soul of ours under aggressive manner since they decided to raid us first," Gil stands now, stepping closer to Flurry, teeth bared and ears flattened.

"It appears I need to remind you who is at the helm. You may be my Scion, but your actions are showing me that you do not wish nor deserve that position. The relation between packs is my decision, not yours. Going to another pack to make us appear bad proves to me that your alignment is not with us, but against us. So do you want to tell me how any of your actions proves helpful for the Raiders? You made us appear as if we are not whole. The Warlord now believes that those who are in my pack are not with me. Would you like to leave as Dread has left his? Unlike the Warlord, I will not put your family's wellbeing on your mind for guilt. Others may see me as a terrible father, but I am far better than the Warlord will ever believe he is. I was there for you and all of your siblings whenever I was needed. I still am and always will be, but I will not tolerate being made a fool. Is that clear?" Gil seethes now, his lips twisted into a full snarl as he comes face to face with Flurry, inches from her own until he feels the heat of her breath.

"speech"

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

12-21-2023, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2023, 02:17 PM by Flurry. Edited 1 time in total.)
Yeah shit was going down. Once Flurry hadn't questioned her father, his decisions or his parenting and she couldn't help but wish deep down that nothing had changed. The truth was she still didn't think him a bad father, she was hurt and trying to do her damn best, trying to think beyond her once narrow scope. She was trying to prove she could be good enough to lead, that she had the interests of the pack in mind over what she'd prefer. Because she'd prefer nothing ever fucking change and she'd remained ignorant. She hadn't wanted this.

Flurry hated the way her father just smirked at her. That was the moment she knew. He didn't care. About what she'd said for sure but maybe more than that. For a moment all she could feel was a desperate need for her to have not done what she did. All she wanted was her dad to not look at her like that, all she wanted was for her to be held by him and know everything would be fine, for a brief moment she'd have undone everything. But then she thought of her younger siblings and the resolve slid firmly back into place. All her father would see was the setting of her jaw as he started to speak.

She wanted to jump on his words immediately, but he'd given her the room to speak and she'd not let him claim the moral high ground on that one so she simply stood there, locked jaw serving all the wall that protected her from the onslaught of emotions that threatened to spill over. A flimsy dam she wasn't fooled into believing wouldn't break. But even as he rose to look over her and Flurry felt afraid of her father for the first time she'd not let that show. She stood strong, defiant. Until he said the words that confirmed her worst suspicions. The dam cracked and hurt flashed across her face. She'd suspected but some part of her mind had insisted she was being irrational, logically her father would not have agreed to let her be scion if he didn't at least trust her somewhat right? So it stung even worse to have her fear confirmed, for a moment she just started up at him, eyes wide and searching. Searching for the moment of regret in his eyes, searching for a sign her father, her daddy didn't actually mean it. She couldn't see it, all she saw was his anger, his disappointment. Maybe she was blind to anything else but she couldn't read his mind. Sure she made assumptions, a lot of em and most of them unfair to him, but they had to be based on something, even if that something was all in her head. She felt the anger come over her again, but it was just a defense mechanism. Wasn't as resolute as it had been mere moments before. She was doing her best to hold it together for a little longer. Just a little longer.

"We're Raiders dad." She started simply, not daring to break eye contact. She would sell her anger to him for as long as it held, wouldn't show weakness to him for as long as she could. "We raid, it's what we do. Everyone out there fucking knows that. What they don't know is what is happening inside the pack. Assign malice all you want but we fucking started this shit, you cannot seriously believe others won't retaliate. You're a god damn hypocrite if you don't think we've done worse and with more actual intent to harm than a simple raid on our borders. Hell! Ignis is the only one who got permanently harmed and he started it by trying to skin that woman alive!" Yes she was bringing that back up, no she wasn't sorry about it. "What, we're allowed to dish it out but the moment it comes back at us it's a fucking war crime?"

"And I was you scion so clearly you know and approve of every fucking thing I do don't you? No allowance for mistakes? You're the only one who gets to be fallible, to not know things, to disapprove of your children? I don't know what Azure is, all I know is he wasn't in the raid against us and I'm not stupid enough to think someone as volatile as him would be okay sitting that sort of thing out. I don't have information on who or where he is at the moment. What I do know is I've not seen hide nor hair of him even before the raid and certainly not after. But since you clearly see him around every fucking tree maybe point him out to me next time." Oh god she was breaking, her voice starting to sound shrill even to her own ears.

"But yeah dad, clearly you raised a fool who doesn't know how to handle herself in public. Who'd inevitably let you down." Her voice dropped then, becoming softer, the hurt no longer contained and flowing freely into her words and face now, it felt worse to her than just the moment before. Her gaze dropped, ears pulling back and she stepped back from her father. She was letting him win, she didn't have it in her to fight him any more. All of it had left her, the anger, the frustration, the stubbornness. Now all she felt was the sadness, the pain, the self-hatred and it felt hollow. "We know y'know. Kids are a lot more observant than adults tend to give them credit for. We tend to figure out when there's a favourite pretty quick. And then we spend so much time trying to deal with that. Kids aren't good at that shit. Maybe you get Scald or Rexx, act like they don't notice or if they do they don't care. I tried that for a while." It felt like everything was coming into focus. She'd thought Scald was the favourite. No, she'd been wrong. Of course she had. He wouldn't have tried to sell him for Deluge's freedom if he was. Obviously. She was an idiot. "Served him real good didn't it? One father fighting against what he could only know as his son being kidnapped and the other willing to use his son as a bargaining chip. To get to bring his favorite child home. Thanks for keeping that from me by the way, definitely didn't tell me exactly how much you actually valued my role as your heir." Okay maybe there was a tiny bit of fight left in her but it was weak and self-pitying. Maybe she was wrong, maybe she was misplacing all the shit she'd been struggling to get through but in this moment it felt like the only truth.

"You're right though." She managed a bitter, pained laugh. "I've never been worthy of being Scion. I've known that for a while now. But hey, can you blame me? If the first tactic didn't work why wouldn't I try the second one? Why wouldn't I try to prove to you I was worth it? With Deluge leaving there was an opening. But I'm a fucking idiot. Of course I am. You were settling for fourth best. At least until the brats were old enough to demote me all the way to the bottom." Flurry fell onto her haunches, finding she no longer had the strength to remain standing. She did find it in her to look back up at him. Pleading for him to understand, to be her dad again.

"I did it for them you know? I still remember what it was like to be a kid and to have to know someone out there hated you, just for existing. I wanted to spare them that. I wanted us to be what I thought we were once upon a time. Fun. Shit disturbing but no one gets seriously hurt, because it's more fun to have a friendly rivalry than one where you're genuinely worried for the safety of your family. I wanted that for them. For everyone. I was willing to carry the weight of the serious shit for all of them." Her eyes were watering. In the end that was all she'd wanted. She just wanted to prove she could do right by the pack, prove to her father she'd do right by them all.

"Do whatever you want with me. Strip me of my rank. Exile me. Make me a prisoner, give Scion to Deluge and force her to stay. Whatever. I'm here for those kids now, nothing more. I'll protect them, I'll fight tooth and nail to make sure they get better than we ever got. I won't turn them against you, they don't deserve to feel like this, they deserve to get to keep their father. But I'll fight for them all the same. I don't care about anything else anymore." She looked away again, submitting to him for a second time. It was a truth. She was hurting, she wanted to feel valued, loved. She wasn't exactly feeling that right now. She wanted to go back to a time when she'd been young and naive and had felt safe in her father's arms. Wanted a chance to do it all over again and not make the wrong decisions this time. But she also knew, knew that if those kids were to happen again? She'd have made the same mistakes, she'd choose to be the martyr on their crosses everytime. She'd give up her happiness to ensure theirs.

Although right now all she wanted to do was go somewhere, lay down and cry. She wanted to be comforted too, but well... She was alone wasn't she?

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (780)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
12-21-2023, 04:27 PM

Gilgamesh was anything but ignorant. He saw the hurt flash across her face. Saw how she barely held it together as he stood over her. He would not back down though. There was no soft, loving, father figure in that moment as he braced for whatever left her mouth next. For all that he had done wrong, he had never expected his own daughter to turn on him. To place all of the blame on him instead of seeing others for who they truly were. Was she really so caught up in her own head that she didn't see the big picture? How were they to expand and to become bigger and better without antagonizing others every once in awhile? Perhaps he should have included her more. Shown her the ropes. Revealed the secret behind the curtain. Maybe  then his daughter would have a single fucking clue what he was planning.

Yet, it appeared, as she started speaking without breaking eye contact, that she was the one who simply did not care. It was as if his words meant nothing to her as she continued to insult him. Though she had a point about Ignis, he would ignore that for now. They would not converse about others when they were the ones at issue currently. He also almost laughs. Started this? Ah, Flurry, what a silly little child she was. Gil had started nothing. He had only continued it for the fact that he wanted to make others happy. Raiding other packs was purely for resources, the other additional shenanigans had been to appease Sparrow, claim the archipelago for Modesty, take the isle for his pups. Had she not realized that he was just a big fucking simp before anything else?

And there it is. A reason to laugh. Done worse? The chuckle reverberates through his chest. The Raiders had done nothing as bad as the Armada had done. Had Sirius not alluded to the fact that he had also stabbed Deluge? Had been the one to disown his own son for having feelings for Deluge? And from the sounds of it, from what Flurry said, didn't even give a shit to go looking for his own second in command. How did Flurry ever believe that the Warlord was better than her own father? Gil's chuckle fades to a growl, a noise deep in his chest that is furious and instinctual. If she didn't stop while she was ahead, she wouldn't be seeing these siblings she cared so much for for much longer.

Still, he remains silent. Even as she begins to break. That fragile dam cracking and leaking as he saw her facade weaken. At least she had gotten one thing correct. Going to the Armada without his knowledge, without his permission, had been an incorrect move. Foolish, stupid, and downright idiotic. What was she thinking was going to happen upon her return? He would jump for joy that she had gotten the Warlord to lie right to her face? Did she truly believe Sirius Fatalis gave a shit about anyone but himself?

Another reason to laugh. The kids more observant than they gave credit for? Actual bull shit. He did everything knowing they knew. If he had wanted to hide shit, he would have hidden it. He would have gone behind closed doors and been a hell of a lot more secretive about it. But he didn't care if they knew. Unlike the man she apparently held so highly on a pedestal. But then she says something that is absolutely so untrue, the snarl ripping from his throat nearly drowns out her words about her brothers. How did she not realize that he didn't favor Scald so much less than herself that he was willing to offer him up over her? Why the fuck would he be so stupid as to offer the "favorite" as she liked to think over the one he deemed the Scion? Was his daughter that ignorant? Did she not remember what Scald's title was?

Gil wants to interject. His blood boils as she continues down a slippery slope into absolutely stupidity. Fourth favorite? Man, the girl had really deluded herself into thinking that she wasn't the favorite, didn't she? Even as she snips and harps on about how she was doing it for the new ones. The ones that would never replace his first litter. The pups that couldn't possibly ever hold a candle to the flame that Flurry herself held. She had no idea of the one who hadn't even made it. Jett had never been told to the litter. The pain he still held in his heart for the one pup they couldn't keep alive burned hot and bright every day.

His teeth grind together. Hoping, no willing Flurry to shut up. Her words dig daggers into his skin as he continues to stand over Flurry. Fury and pain laces his features as he doesn't dare back down. He continues to stare back as she looks away, finally submitting and allowing the words to die down. Would she finally listen? Or would he be talking to a brick wall once more? Were her delusions that grand that she cared not for the actual truth that he was speaking to her? Gil can't help but sigh. The silence now deafening and dampening his rage. She didn't deserve any hatred he held toward the outside world because all he had ever done was try to build a better life for them.

"How can you not see that I want nothing but good for you and your siblings? Scald and Rexx chose their own paths. I had hoped they would want to step up one day, but they showed from a young age, they cared not for leadership. Deluge has always been and will always be the thorn in my side. Abraxas help her. But you? Flurry Fallen? My one daughter that stuck around through it all? Through the pain, the turmoil, the drama, the chaotic events that have led us to this? Why do you think I made you Scion and not the others? The others were simply the brawn to your brains and yet, here you are, wallowing in self-pity because you've decided to tell yourself otherwise," Gil scoffs, taking a step back and finally looking away. Truthfully, he is ashamed of the behavior his daughter has presented him.

"Who I was before I stepped up is no longer a character in my story. I worked and did what was necessary to appease Sparrow so I could one day take over from her. What I did was not always the best choice, but it was a choice I made so we could have all of this," he lifts a paw and waves it around to mean both the archipelago and the isle. "I became Raid King so that my pups could have a safe home. A place where there was no longer any danger from outside threats. I placed my pups where I knew they belonged in the pack because I pay attention. I keep tabs, I do my gods best to do right by my pups. And yet, you have spent the past conversation trying to tell me otherwise," Gil lets out another rumbling growl, deep in his chest, as he digs his nails into the sand beneath him. Why did she have to try every nerve of patience he had left?

"We are both at fault, but you have taken steps backward that I am now unsure I can trust you. I have never played favorites, as much as you'd like to tell yourself I do. I speak not for your mother because she is more volatile than she cares to admit. I have tried and if that is not good enough for you then leave. If you care once ounce for the pack, for our family, for the future, for me, you'll do what is right," he finally looks back to her, still standing so close that he can see the individual hairs upon her body. He ached to be the father she wanted. To hold her, comfort her, to lull her to sleep as he had when she was a pup. But she was a grown adult now and had made choices that she either would face truthfully or regret. Gil would not shadow her from those actions as he did not shadow his own. He never was and never had been a good man. He had not been raised to be as such, but he would always do as necessary for his own family. Up until recently, he had only done what he had believed to be what was good for his family.

After a few moments of silence, staring down at his daughter that he so wished would come to reality, he leaned down and pressed his muzzle to her forehead. Closing his eyes, allowing those emotions that soared through him to present as wetness along his lashes, he sighed. "What do you want from me?" Gil whispered, not defeated, but also not wishing for his life to crumble in front of his own eyes.

Flurry

Loner

Novice Intellectual (20)

Expert Fighter (180)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

12-21-2023, 05:44 PM
It was always the talking past each other wasn't it? Flurry had only compared her father to the warlord in her mind when she'd brought up the day he'd sent Scald after Deluge but she otherwise hadn't meant to compare either of them, but she couldn't know that was how he was seeing it either. It was too easy to assume you were operating from the same stand point and only end up making it worse.  She couldn't bring herself to look at her father as he spoke. She closed her eyes, but listened. Listened and hurt and became even more unsure of herself. She was an idiot, they'd established that. But how much was she? She'd never assumed her father didn't think what he was doing was best for them, she'd only ever thought he could be wrong about something actually being best. But more than that had she been that fucking dumb that she'd misread everything? Was it possible that he was just saying what he knew she'd want to hear? Flurry in the past would have said she was pretty decent at reading others, sure she knew she could always be wrong but it wasn't like she trusted blindly. She hadn't had reason to assume the warlord was lying, not because it wouldn't benefit him but because he hadn't known it could. She'd showed up on his doorstep an awkward visitor who was clearly out of her depth. How would he look at her and think to himself "Yeah that? That's heir material right there." But now? Now she didn't know what to think. She'd spent so much time finding the reasons she wasn't good enough, signs her dad thought that. Her mind was at odds with itself, she wanted to believe her dad. Wanted to so bad. But that couldn't explain how out of the loop she'd been left. What it came down to was she was an idiot. Obviously.

Flurry let her gaze follow his paw as he gestured, practically wincing as he accused her of undermining him. "No I-" She wasn't fast enough to stop the words from blurting out but she was fast enough to cut them off. But she had hadn't she? It hadn't been what she'd meant but she had told him he hadn't been a good enough father. She was frustrated sure but that wasn't the same thing. But that nuance had gotten lost, lost in the high drama of it all. Flurry didn't bother to argue any further, no point. Her father seemed hellbent on his stance and honestly this was all her fault anyways. She'd started this, she was probably ending it in the worst way too. If he hadn't been disappointed in her before he was now, she was sure. She'd trapped herself in a real self-fulfilling prophecy huh? Stupid girl. Hadn't even seen what she was doing to herself. He moved his muzzle to her head and welp, there went the last shred of control she had. Her watering eyes finally opening the flood gates.

"I just want to know we won't be undone by a grudge." She sobbed softly. "I just want to not be afraid that there will never be a 'too far' if we keep going tit for tat. I want to know someone won't end up dead." In the end that was what it came down to. She wanted to protect them all from that. The "other side" included. Flurry couldn't imagine Vanta or the purple girl deserved to end up killed over this. She had her frustrations sure, but in the end it was Azure who'd decided to drag her and her litter mates into this, she just wished her father hadn't decided to make it a home. "I'm sorry." Flurry's voice was so weak. She just wanted this to end, just wanted to stop the crying, stop the shame, all she could think to do was apologize. "I'm sorry." To Scald for being an asshole to him. "I'm sorry." To her father for being such a waste and hurting him. "I'm sorry." To her siblings for failing in the one task she'd promised herself she'd do for them. "I'm sorry." To everyone, because she was a gods damned mess who couldn't handle her emotions and was taking it out on everyone and no one should have had to put up with her.

- | movement | speech  -

code by Cloudy

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (780)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
01-05-2024, 09:14 AM

Her burbling sorries did nothing to quell the ache in his heart. He could understand why she didn't want the fate of her family to fall to a silly notion such as love. In all honesty, Gil didn't believe it was love. Sparrow didn't care for Hana as she did Recluse and surprisingly, Sparrow was handling that situation all on her own. As much as he wanted to assist his closest friend in her endeavor, she had stated it was a journey for herself. That was fine by Gil. He had too much shit to deal with currently. Like his daughter sobbing into his coat.

Gil sighs, giving Flurry a final nurturing nuzzle against her forehead before he pulls away. "You have much to learn, my dear," his voice is soft, quiet, endearing as he looks down upon his oldest daughter. "There will not be a too far. I care not for the trivial bull shit that is the Armada. I have not messed with them since I have taken the throne. Just know that Sirius is the one to have over stepped his bounds since I became King. Do not forget that he raided us, that he denounced Dread from his family, and that he stabbed your sister. So before you go trying to solve issues that you think is our fault, try to get the whole story first," the sternness returns as he steps back, looking over Flurry to ensure she understands what he is saying.

Lifting a brow, he pauses a moment, waits to see if she has a rebuttal before tuning back in to his fatherly speech. "I suppose I need to start giving you more responsibilities. If you truly wish to be the heir of my pack, of our family, then you need to work more. I want you patrolling the beach and giving your siblings lessons. Now that Deluge, Scald, and a few others are shoving off, we will need to train the younger ones. I know you aren't fond of Ignis, but his pups are staying and will need training as well. The more they train with not Ignis, the better they might turn out," Gil smiles, a cheeky smile as he gives his head a shake. "Oh, and after this next raid at the beginning of summer, you'll be leading the next one. I have a target in mind, should be an easy first go for ya," his smile grows as he lifts a paw to give her shoulder a fatherly bat.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Is this really who we are? Dove Island Archipelago 03:59 PM, 12-14-2023 04:06 PM, 02-01-2024