An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
01-01-2024, 11:52 PM

Víðarr and Tenshi had decided it would be best to honor Valtiel's wishes, but it didn't come without concerns. There could still be infection lurking, lingering in the wounds that had healed. She was a proud creature (who among them on the mountain wasn't?), and Víðarr wouldn't put it past her to attempt to conceal any pain that still plagued her. The shadow knows the type. He recognizes parts of himself in her, and he feels responsible for the girl that had been attacked on their doorstep. Sent to them by the gods, though the reason still wasn't quite clear to him. Then, it's not his job to understand it. He knows it's not his job to understand it. All Víðarr had to do was trust them, because they'd already made their choices regardless.

Right, he still worried. The den she'd chosen was modest, if not downright meager. Víðarr had tasked some of the thralls with cleaning away the debris while Valtiel was out, knowing she wouldn't accept the help if she was present. With the pups and tending to his wife, he'd been able to give her the space to settle in. A few days, perhaps. Finally finding himself able to slip out, the viking king chose a window where he hoped Val's den would be empty. A coat made from reindeer, something warm and comfortable. He leaves it folded on the end of her bed, along with a bundle of teas that Tenshi had made up. He'd be quick to leave, not wanting to be too invasive.

"Víðarr"

[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Valtiel

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (30)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Acacia
01-23-2024, 11:55 AM

"Vidarr?" A questioning voice would sound from behind the man. Valtiel had been out stretching her legs, exercising the injured muscle and bone. She couldn't manage for very long before the pain became too much, and so she was rarely out of her den for more than an hour at a time. Surprisingly, when she returned to her small den today, it hadn't been empty.

Little gifts had been showing up while she was away. A fur here. Some teas or treats there. Val imagined that Tenshi or Vidarr had been leaving them as she had only met Kiela aside from the mated pair, and today she had proof. Fiery eyes looked past the big brute, landing upon the reindeer hide and the sachets of tea. Useful items and she appreciated them.

"Thank you for the gifts," she spoke, bowing her head ever so slightly. The pain in her neck prevented her from doing much more than a nod. "I've never been one to have many possessions," she informed him. The less you had, the less you lost.

"Speech"

Víðarr

Hemlock
Alleviator

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
01-25-2024, 10:33 PM

His name, her voice. Somewhere not too far behind him, though the viking king now felt like he'd intruded by being in here. Her quarters were modest, but he didn't want her to feel unwelcome. He didn't want her to freeze. While less able to keep an eye on her himself, the man at least needs to feel like he's doing something to help her. Even if they're small acts.

Sheepish for a moment, Víðarr offers a warm smile and steps out of her space, out of her way. "I just want you to be comfortable." Responsible. He is responsible for her, though he hasn't put the pieces together as to why yet. His gaze is quick, tracing over each of the injuries. He'd come to know them well, and at least visibly they looked... okay. To his untrained eye. Not worse, and that was something. "How are you feeling?" Víðarr supposed he could also ask the question. His gaze steady, prepared for her to underplay anything she happened to feel. He sees Valtiel.

"Víðarr"

Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  

Valtiel

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (30)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Acacia
02-13-2024, 12:48 AM

Vidarr's insistence that he wants her to be comfortable brings a small smile to the woman's lips. He seemed... almost embarrassed at being caught bringing her gifts. It was kind of cute. "I am comfortable," she assured him. The smile quickly died and the obsidian lady gave her head a shake. "More comfortable than I've been in a long time," she admitted. Her life before this place had been hectic. Every day had been a struggle, a battle. Up in here in these mountains... she could breathe. It had been such a long time since she could simply breathe.

As the large man asked after her injuries, Val noted his perusal of her damaged body. "Stiff still, but I'll live," she promised. Dark ears tipped back for a moment. "Thank you again. You and Tenshi both. You've saved my life and I owe you both a debt." She'd said it before, but she'd continue saying it. Had they not come and offered their aid, Valtiel would have died down in the dark with her children.

Shaking the thoughts from her head, the woman released a long sigh, fiery eyes closing momentarily as she collected herself. "What does the day hold for you, Vidarr? Anything planned? Anything that I can help with?" She needed to be useful.

"Speech"

Víðarr

Hemlock
Alleviator

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Statue 1 Worship1K
02-13-2024, 01:05 AM
Caught red handed in the act. The act? The act, a quiet one, just care. Her admission comes quietly, the viking king reaching out to set a gentle paw as close as he could to her shoulder without causing harm. Mindful, but also it’s tender. “The mountain is that, for most of us.” His words come quietly. Knowingly. It’s the most comfortable he’s been… maybe ever. Maybe that’s why he tries so hard.

She assures him she’s fine. Víðarr will take her word for it, though his careful, watchful gaze lingers on her face. “Your thanks is still unnecessary.” A gentle smile tugs at the corner of his dark lips. Fondness. The gods have put her here. Víðarr may not know why, but the why doesn’t matter. Unnecessary, but appreciated. Víðarr is at his best when he’s needed.

As for the day, he considered for a long moment. “I was going to process some hides, while I have time. You are welcome to help.” His gaze gentle. The company would be nice.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. we all been called Fenrir's Maw 11:52 PM, 01-01-2024 11:29 AM, 05-05-2024