Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
01-03-2024, 07:26 AM

Summer's arrival had not brought sunshine and rainbows. Instead, cascading sheets of rain and thunder covered the landscape that he had stalked. Three days. Three long and agonizing days he had waited. Any sane man would have followed her right away, but he would not give Modesty that much groveling. Instead, he waited. Seconds ticked by as he stared at the water that crashed upon his shore. It was their shore, but he wasn't so sure she wanted to come back anymore. Anger surged in him the same way those waves surged against the rocks.

In the blinding rage, he may have released those that he had unintentionally wanted to keep. The pregnant one, well not so pregnant anymore, and the crazy one were free to walk. Leave as they please and get the fuck off of his island. Jael the dog as Modesty fondly called her, he was not ready to let go of just yet. She wasn't completely healed and he did feel responsible for her wellbeing since he had saved her. Nothing serious had happened between them so far and though his chest did twist a little when he thought about the small girl, his heart still belonged to Modesty.

It always had and always will.

Taking the not-so-rickety raft across the waters, Gil crashed upon the beach. Though the rain and wind had wiped away her scent, he knew where she would be. Whether she wanted to admit it or not, he knew her pretty damn well. Thankfully, her brother's bungalow wasn't far. Only a half day walk and he would make it by the time the sun began to sink behind the horizon. Still wet, paws cold, legs slightly shaky, and the wound on his chest still fresh, he approached the shrine. Her scent was there, that much was obvious, but would Pont stop him before he had a chance to say anything?

Keeping his word, Gil ignores the poorly made sign stuck into the dirt (really Modesty? We're going to be that petty?) and lifts a paw to bang on the door a few times. "Modesty. It's day three. Can we talk?" His voice is gruff as it always is, but there is an obvious note of pain there that he hates to admit. He hates that he ruined things when he thought everything was going well. He really was dumb sometimes, wasn't he?

"speech"

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
01-03-2024, 07:38 AM

Modesty had lost track of the time, and honestly, she had only been darkening her brother's door again to drop off some of the sage and verbena she had gathered while assisting Sakana with his surveying of the beach as a thanks for putting her up. She had moved herself over to the old Ashen palace, a series of caves on Inu Island. She wasn't sure Gilgamesh even knew they were there, so that he had bothered to show up here, when she just so happened to be here, was inconvenient to say the least. She didn't want to talk, but she also couldn't ask Pont to put out her fires for her. “I don't want to hear about how great your girlfriend is Gilgamesh. Go away.” She sat with her back pressed against the shrine door. She couldn't bring herself to look at him in case all her resolve crumbled away.

“Speech.”

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
01-03-2024, 07:44 AM

Gil is surprised that Mod is even here when he comes knocking and that she actually answered. Though the door stays shut in his face, he can hear the creak of the wood as she pressed herself against it. Okay, so he wasn't going to just barge in like he had anticipated. Letting out a sigh, he sits himself down and rolls his eyes. "I didn't come to tell you anything about her," strained vocals let out a grumble as his ears flatten. "I came to apologise for bein' a piece of shit," he hated admitting it, but it was true. Glowering at a rodent that lingered on the corner of the porch, he could feel his fur begin to bristle. "What do I gotta do to get you to believe that I wasn't trying to get rid of you?" He leans closer to the door so she can hear him well enough.

"speech"

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

01-03-2024, 07:53 AM

He didn't deny that he had a girlfriend, only that he hadn't come here to talk about her. All the rest may as well have been lost to the ringing in her ears, or the growl that was growing in her chest. She pulled the door back on it's hinges and threw all her weight into a shove to get him away from the door, quills bristled to make it harder for him to get a hold of her. “Not trying to get rid of me? Then what the fuck were you doing?” She snapped and spun to try and get herself clear of being trapped against the shrine. “I am not a fucking option Gilgamesh, I am either the choice, or not. I already share you with the children, with the whole fucking pack!” Tears stung the backs of her eyes but she'd rather rip his face off than have him see it. “Is it so wrong to be selfish with what little I have left?”

“Speech.”

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
01-03-2024, 08:06 AM

Surprise. His face goes slack, eyes wide, jaw dropping as the door suddenly rips from its hinges. Why was he suddenly so... turned on by her fury? Maybe he should piss his wife off more. Okay, not-wife, but Gil was still reeling at the fact that she was shoving him away and off the porch. Leaving him no space or time to react and the bristle of her quills sent his skin quivering. Man, she really was hot when she was pissed off.

Skidding backward into the mud at the base of the steps, he lowers himself so he is smaller than her. Avoiding her teeth and any other sharp objects that might come flying his way, he stares back at her with his own growl rumbling in his chest. He wanted to snap back. To explain it all. To justify his stupid opinions and choices, but the way he saw how her tears stung her face left his speechless. Her words left her even more speechless. Jaw still agape as he blinks a few times, trying to steady his breath.

"I-Fuck Mod, I-I guess I was blind to it. Okay?" He stands, straightening himself out, bringing his eyes to stare back at her. "It isn't wrong. I just...gods," Gil lets out a sigh, his own eyes teary as he grits his teeth. No, he wasn't supposed to have feelings. He was supposed to be mister big and stoic, no words, just action. Yet, all he wanted to do here was to wrap her up and show her that she was everything to him. Except his actions proved otherwise. Another growl rises in him as he gives his head a shake.,

"What do you want me to do? I have so much on my plate and with you sick and birthin' the pups, I...I didn't want to bother you. Didn't want to stress you out with the bull shit I deal with on a day to day basis. That nonsense is beneath you. I wanted to give you a life of luxury. I...I didn't realize you wanted me to be a part of it," he knew he was stupid. Gil assumed (like the ass he was) that she was happy with everything he had given her thus far and didn't think she actually wanted him anymore. The world was at her fingertips, why would she need him?

Ashamed, Gil doesn't try to come near her, instead he turns his chin down and stares at his paws. "Just tell me what you want," he whispers with a sigh.

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

01-03-2024, 08:26 AM

It all sounds kinda empty, but what else should she expect from the emotionally constipated man she chose? And maybe that was what stung the most, she chose him above all others, but it seemed like he didn't think she was enough. Enough to share his burdens with, enough to support him. Sure, she liked when things were easy but she liked it more when she felt useful, fuck she'd even gone hunting, urgh, as much as she hated it, because it was better than sitting on her ass after being locked away for so long. “I chose you. What I want doesn't matter if you don't want it too, but know, I will not share you.” She allowed some of her exhaustion to seep into her response. “And I won't risk my children for any more strays or surprise litters. It's fucking disrespectful. If more show up, I will start killing them.” and probably feeding them to the ones that bought them into the world if she was honest with herself. There was no opportunity for misunderstanding her stance on that matter. They weren't a fucking orphanage and resources had a limit.

“I want to support you Gil, I really do. But if you choose her...” she'd fucking burn it all to the ground. “then I won't stay... Until you make up your mind, I'll be on the Archipelago.” She didn't expect an answer right now, but she wouldn't wait forever.

“Speech.”

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
01-03-2024, 08:38 AM

What had come of their relationship? Was Modesty not the other half he had so desperately been looking for? Why hadn't he let her in? Was it truly pity? Did he feel sorry because she was burdened with the pups she had wanted? The pups her family had pressed upon her. In truth, he could have utilized her. Could have used her honesty and opinion on these things. And instead, he had been caught up in his own selfishness that he had allowed other things to slip on by. Her words weren't wrong. He agreed. The whole Ignis thing he was pissed about and the man was this close to getting kicked out if he hadn't been so helpful with the current expansion.

Maybe he had gotten too soft in his years. Maybe it was time to straighten up and get with the program. They were the fucking Raiders. They weren't supposed to take shit from anyone and currently, he was allowing that to happen. Hating that Modesty was right, he continues to look away. Sad and frustrated, he gives his head a shake. "You know I'll always choose you," his voice trembles as he fights internally over what he was saying. "I can't just send her on her way yet. She's still injured and though I'm a stupid asshole, I can't literally throw her to the wolves, Mod," he whispers, eyes staring at the ground because he knows Modesty is going to hate that answer. "If I-I make her stay on the beach, would that be enough to get you to come home?"

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

01-03-2024, 08:53 AM

He might not have realised it but he was trying to make her the asshole. Not that she minded, but the uncertainty in his voice when he said that he would chose her didn't have her convinced. It hardened her spine and bought her quills back to bristling again. The worst part was, she could see herself liking the girl if circumstances were different. Jael was industrious and truth be told the pack needed more of that and less of... well whatever they had been up to this point. “The fact you moved her into the family wing speaks far more than kicking her onto the beach would.” A growl rumbled under her words. She wasn't going to let this go, but she could compromise, to an extent. “As you said, she's still not well, just move her downstairs somewhere... I like what she's got planned for the pool.” Her bitter tone spoke volumes on how much it took for her to admit that. “But if I catch a whiff of anything out of line I'll rip off her fucking tail and give it to the kids to make trinkets for Deluge to sell,” and after that, there would be ears and toes... She could drag it out if she had to.

“Speech.”

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
01-03-2024, 08:59 AM

Gil wasn't going to argue Mod. He wasn't going to explain why he had moved her to the family wing. Of course, it would have made sense to not have her there, but with the condition she had been in and his need to be close to his family, it had made sense to keep her close. Too close apparently and now he was having to lie in the grave he had dug himself.

He couldn't help but let out the snort as he furrowed a brow at Mod. Lifting his face to finally look at her, look at her real good, he wondered then if maybe Mod and Jael could get along... Yet, there was the issue with the sharing thing... Gil wasn't going to deny though that he enjoyed the way Modesty was standing up for herself, for her family, for everything. It sent a shiver down his spine that had him wanting to take her there and now, but he would resist. Because no doubt, if he tried anything, Jael wouldn't be the one missing an extremity.

"Your word is my command," he extends a leg and bows his head to her in a sweeping motion of agreement. If anything, Gil was a simp and he would do anything to avoid losing the one woman he loved more than anything. "Whatever you want, I'll make it happen. I promise I'll be good," Gil straightens himself out and gives her a smile that he only ever gave to her. A show of weakness that he didn't care to give anyone else.

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
NachoMumma

01-03-2024, 09:05 AM

Modesty regarded Gilgamesh with thinly veiled distrust. His actions had burned her and she wasn't the sort to forgive easily, this would be the only chance he got to unfuck the mess he had made by underestimating just how many feelings she could fit into a single body. “Make sure she knows too. Ignorance is no defense Gil, I will tear her limb from limb and leave her head where I sleep, and that will be your sign that you've lost me forever.” Apparently, honesty was the best policy, so she wouldn't leave any room for misinterpreting the words that came out of her mouth now.

“Speech.”

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
01-05-2024, 07:40 AM

He has to fight to not roll his eyes. How did she know him so well? Of course he wasn't planning on giving Jael all the gory details of their conversation. Spare the girl the amount of horror that would come if it came from him. His brow continues to furrow and he thinks for a moment. Pausing, he gives his head a little shake. "Or you can tell her yourself just so everyone is clear," his words are steady, his face relaxing to raise a brow. "Can we go now? I'm sure your brother would like some peace and quiet," Gil lets his head tilt gently to the side, a sigh leaving his lips. It's clear that he hates intruding on her family because man, he definitely knows what damage they could do to him.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. remember when... Alabastrine Shrine 07:26 AM, 01-03-2024 02:06 PM, 02-01-2024