An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
01-10-2024, 06:46 PM

If they stayed up late tonight, they’d sleep later into the day tomorrow, and maybe Víðarr would have some chance at hearing his own thoughts while he drove. For a man accustomed to solitude, used to saying few words, the barrage of questions was certainly new. They never seemed to stop coming at him from all angles, aside from the ones that Tenshi was there to cover. Víðarr loves them more than he loves to march in peace, but perhaps tomorrow morning he’d get to enjoy both. The pups had been eager to listen to the warriors telling stories around the fire, but began to drop one by one as the moon climbed high into the sky.

Or they pretended they did. Lumine had been the last to fall asleep— or pretend to. Víðarr didn’t mind so much, they weren’t going to be small enough to carry around like sacks of potatoes for long. Camp drew still and quiet around them, and the viking king scooped up his daughter. The fire burned low in the pit as he moved to carry her to bed after an evening of stories and good food. This is the life he’s fought for.

"Víðarr"

[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Lumine

Hemlock
Wayfinder

Master Fighter (250)

Intermediate Navigator (40)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
01-11-2024, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2024, 01:14 PM by Lumine. Edited 1 time in total.)

This place was different. Actually, to Lumine, it was all so very different than home. Though it was summer back in Boreas, it was winter here and still not quite as cold as the mountain. Her fur feels sticky as if the air is never dry. Like the mountain is. Everything she compares her surroundings to is to the mountain. While there isn't any snow, there's grass. Grass like the valleys at the bottom of the mountain. This place though... is different than the rest.

Large rocks in the shape of squares (she learned that from papa) were stuck in the ground and even were stacked on top of each other in other places. Some were broken, some covered in moss, some even shattered into larger and smaller pieces. There are hardly any trees for cover so the wind that blows in from the ocean and across the nearby prairie, smacks at them as if they were a flag hanging from a flagpole. It forces her to bundle in closer to her siblings, all who which have fallen asleep already. Except her.

She stares into the crackling fire as it dwindles to coals. Many of the adults have turned in as well. The moon hangs low over their heads and the stars are barely seen behind clouds. If it weren't for the fire, the whole place would be shrouded in darkness. When she notices this and how her siblings are all asleep, everyone really except for maybe her father, Lumine closes her eyes and places her chin upon Bjorn's back. She still listens to their father conversate with their mama and someone else. A discussion she probably shouldn't be able to hear and doesn't quite comprehend either.

As they stop talking, Lumine shuts her eyes harder. She can hear her father wander over, feel him grab her around the belly and gently lift her up. Staying limp for a few seconds, she realizes that he is taking her to bed. Suddenly, Lumine struggles, wiggling her puppy body so he notices she's not sleeping. "Wait, papa! I wanna stay up! This place is too pretty! I have questions!" Lumine begged as she contorted her body so that she could look at him with her big puppy blue eyes.

LUMINE TRYGG

table coding by bunni ♥

Víðarr

Hemlock
Alleviator

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
02-13-2024, 01:58 AM
Moon high above them, more stars than he could even dream of spread in the sky. It’s pretty out here, even if it’s fairly open. Exposed in ways that make him a bit uncomfortable, but the night watch would always be taken by the best. That’s why he was taking the first. In a few hours time he could hand it off, but for now, he gets his peace.

But it seems he won’t take that watch alone. Lumine shifts, stirs. Víðarr doesn’t fuss too much about what she’s heard. Coarse language, coarse men. Growing up to their way of life isn’t easy, but it’s a good time. She will learn sooner or later, and he’s pretty sure he’d rather it be sooner.

Her protests are enough to at least cause the viking king to pause, for now. “Questions? From you? I am surprised.” A little glimmer caught somewhere between the fire and his eyes, Víðarr reached up to gently ruffle his daughter’s ears. Voice low as he speaks, tone hushed to prevent waking the others. “Okay, okay. I will answer three questions, and then bed time.” He relents, pretending that his mind hadn’t been made up from the start. Settling back in his seat by the fire with his daughter in his lap, Víðarr is at peace.
[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Lumine

Hemlock
Wayfinder

Master Fighter (250)

Intermediate Navigator (40)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
02-13-2024, 01:27 PM
Nestled into Vidarr's lap, Lumine wiggles happily. Beaming up at him with a bright smile, she thinks of the first question she'd like to ask him. "Hmmm," she places a paw upon her chin and looks around at their camp, at the clouded sky, the stars attempting to show through. "Ah! Do you think it's possible to become a god? You talk often of Odin, Freya, Loki, Thor, Heimdall, Baldur, Frigg," by now she's looking at her paw and trying to count on her toes the countless gods her father has mentioned before and it's amazing she can remember them all. "But were they not once mortal wolves? Look at this place and that castle up there," she points up to Hearthstone where The Hallows pack lives. "Did they build all of this? Could I one day rule a place as beautiful as this?" Once more, her paw is waving around at all the nature that surrounds them.

"Could I become a real goddess?" Finally Lumine turns her eyes up to Vidarr, they are wide and full of fascination. Vidarr spoke so highly of the gods that he worshipped that to Lumine, they were real. That if she ever asked for their help, they would answer. That maybe one day she could meet one or even be one. Was it potentially delusional to some? Sure, but for Lumine, it was absolutely real. "I could, could be like," Lumine pauses, trying to remember the name, "Jord! I could tend to the earth and care for the animals. I would help keep our world alive!" Her tails wags a few times against his leg as she leans in to snuggle closer to him.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. vi skal reise oss i vår prakt The God's Garden 06:46 PM, 01-10-2024 12:41 AM, 03-26-2024
2. vi skal reise oss i vår prakt Fenrir's Maw 12:41 AM, 03-26-2024 08:23 AM, 01-11-2024