An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
01-16-2024, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2024, 06:43 PM by Álarr. Edited 1 time in total.)

It took awhile to untangle the scent and figure out what creature it actually belonged to. A moose. A moose was down in the Orchard. He doubted it was well to wind up so far south but he wasn't going to turn down a potentially lucrative meal, especially not when they had a new hunter in the ranks, albeit temporarily. A young Raider had been sent to to visit his brother Rexx, and apparently the boy already had hunted with Jay. Álarr intended to put the squirt to work and make some use out of the free labor.

It had been awhile since he'd led a hunt but he trusted his fellow hunters to offer their insights. Using Brynhildr to scout he learned the moose was a bull moose, eating fruit off the ground and occasionally from the trees as well. It was behaving a bit oddly but not noticeably erratic. At least not yet.

Álarr tipped back his head and howled for anyone interested in a hunt to join him in taking down this walking feast.

Leaf

gems
size
build
player
01-24-2024, 09:07 PM

Leaf had been working on practicing making snares ever since Corbie had shown her how. She wanted to become a master of them, to protect the fields and crops that she wanted to raise. She had finished clearing out a small section and planting seeds… but she’d need to protect the young shoots as they came up before the rabbits and other critters got to them. She was about to work with some of the rawhide when her ears pricked at a call from one of their healers. The call for a hunt came from the Orchard, and though Leaf preferred handling small game, the girl would not shy away from the opportunity to work with something larger. She’d set off at once, finding herself and the caller, Álarr, to be the only ones present thus far. She gave him a small nod, green gaze trailing to the moose munching on the fallen fruit.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

table coding by bunni ♥

Tarnish

Raiders Hollow
Raider

Master Fighter (305)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Vengeance
01-30-2024, 07:07 PM

Tarnish lay spread-eagle in the grass in front of the barn after hauling a ridiculous amount of plants around for the healer. He was here to visit, to have a nice vacation and the bloody healer was working him like a dog! Granted it was in return for a promised hunting trip but Tarnish was getting anxious to start getting something for the effort he was putting in. As soon as he could he washed off in the cool stream and now lay soaking up the summer sun into his dark pelt. He could've stayed there for ages but when a call for a hunt went out by his oppressor, Tarnish immediately sprang to his feet. "Fucking finally!"

He scrambled to the Orchard to see Álarr and another young wolf he didn't recognize. "About time, old man. Thought you were going to hang me out to dry."

Raider Brats

Jay

Avalon
Apprentice

Expert Hunter (120)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Pride - Bisexual
02-05-2024, 11:27 AM
The prospect of a hunt wasn't something Jay ignored easily, especially when the one summoning a group together was someone from Avalon. As she got older she was more and more interested in earning her keep, and hunting was something she found she quite enjoyed. Something about the thrill of the chase, the teamwork involved to secure a safe and profitable hunt... consider her interested. Making her way toward Álarr's voice, she was glad to see a few other familiar faces there, including someone she didn't expect. "Hey, Tarnish!" Jay greeted her friend as she made her way closer, grinning at the sight of a familiar face amongst her packmates.

Leaf was there too, and Jay was excited to participate in a more challenging hunt with her sister at her side. Moving alongside her littermate, she bumped her shoulder against Leaf's in a friendly gesture, smiling all the while as she settled in and waited for Álarr to give them further instruction before they got started.

code & art © skelle 2023

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
02-06-2024, 12:56 AM
Corbie cocked her ears as a howl rang out from Alarr, inviting the pack to a hunt. It was a little curious, as he wasn't one of the pack's hunters but he had always been one of the more proactive of Avalon's members and she wasn't super surprised to see that he was taking up the slack elsewhere as well. Well, and wasn't she one of the pack's hunters who was slacking in that? With a faint grin, Corbie moved to answer the call as well. She found Alarr with Leaf and Jay, both of whom earned an approving nod, and the young Raider who'd come visiting, who she welcomed with a smile. Otherwise she stayed back and stayed quiet, leaving Alarr the undisputed leader of the hunt.
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
02-14-2024, 07:29 PM

Leaf was the first to arrive and he offered the girl a smile and a nod of greeting. Being so introverted he hadn't really gotten to know the young ones of Avalon well, which was something he definitely needed to change. She was followed shortly by their foul-mouthed visitor. Álarr scowled at him. "I still could if you don't mind your manners." Next to arrive was Jay and he dipped his head in greeting to her as well. From what he understood both girls were showing promise as hunters. After the youth arrived he was pleased to see Corbie.

"There's a moose in the Orchard, I believe it's unwell. This is an opportunity to get a lot of meat for the pack but it is also dangerous. Please, I want all of you to be careful. The plan is simple. I want us to try and get the moose to run if possible. It's coordination is off and it likely won't have much stamina due to its illness. I want to run it til it collapses. Once it does, Corbie and I will move in for the kill. Sound good?"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Hey Rocky! Wanna See Me Pull A Rabbit Out Of My Hat? [Moose Hunt] The Orchard 06:43 PM, 01-16-2024 12:51 PM, 03-24-2024