gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah
02-06-2024, 03:10 AM
Wendigo breathed in deeply through his nose, drawing scents in before letting the breath back out in a pleased sigh. It was just his imagination, he knew, that made the air here smell sharper and more clear. Home. Not the lands he'd grown up in, not exactly, not even the same continent but his paws hadn't touched either of those old familiar continents in long enough that it all felt like home to him.

It was good to be back.

He'd been traveling for some time away from the continents he'd grown up in, since his father died and Eligos had disbanded them from some weird religious epiphany or other. He'd done a lot of growing since then. Physically, yes, he was considerably larger and stronger than he'd been when he left, but also mentally, emotionally. He'd grown in skill. He'd matured. Over time, Wendigo had come to realize what a treasure they'd been given in his father's legacy. The strength and cunning they'd inherited, the rich history in the stories Chaos had given them before his death. He'd decided that he couldn't really turn his back on that and let their name fade away, and so after all this time he'd finally returned. At the thought, a pleased grin bared fangs and lolled his tongue out.

He was here to reclaim that legacy. These continents would know his name.

Marrow

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (270)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
02-11-2024, 11:19 AM

Marrow

Marrow made a beeline north through the trees after her unsatisfactory run-in with a bunch of hyenas. All the while she kept her senses keen, searching through scents as she tried to mark the location of both predator and prey. It was then she caught a familiar scent. Could it be? Wendigo? She'd met the man briefly outside these lands and had shared a hunt and meal with him. Eager for a familiar face and possibly a hunting partner she shifted course to find the source of the scent.

Moments later she saw him. "Weeennddiiiiiggooo!" She called out, bounding toward him. "It's Marrow! You wouldn't be hunting by chance? What brings you to these parts?"

Wendigo

Loner

Advanced Fighter (110)

Advanced Hunter (61)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah
02-12-2024, 11:47 AM
A familiar voice dragged him from his contemplations, and he found his mouth curving in a tongue-lolling grin. Well, well, well, he certainly hadn't expected to find his old partner in crime here of all places. "Marrow, kid, fancy seeing you here!" He chuckled a deep rasping laugh. "Did you miss me so soon you decided to follow me all the way here?" Her own questions had him considering. His stomach gave a quiet growl, as if to make her point. "You know, I could eat. I'm sure they have something or other tasty down here. Tapirs, I'm told are pretty good. It was never really my stomping grounds, down in Auster - I was a Borealis kid. I'm sure we can figure it out." He hummed under his breath in amusement, in a rumble like a giant bumblebee, then added in a teasing tone designed to pique her interest, "Can't make a name for myself as a reiver on an empty stomach after all."

Marrow

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
02-17-2024, 08:31 AM

Marrow

Marrow returned the grin. "Well it's not like I have anything better to do!" Truly she didn't. With no caring family and few friends she spent most of her time on her own. The best times she had was hanging around with Wendigo so it made sense to track him down to these new lands. Besides, she was always up for a little exploring and finding tasty new things to eat. Speaking of…

Marrow's ears perked up at the mention of food. "Oh yes! Yes! I would love to try eating a tapir." She was starting to salivate at the thought. Even though she'd never eaten one before she bet it was tasty. Rarely did she run into something she didn't like the taste of. "Do you know where they live? Think we can find one here?"

Wendigo

Loner

Advanced Fighter (110)

Advanced Hunter (61)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah
03-22-2024, 03:14 PM
Wendigo had absolutely no idea where to find tapirs, but he wasn't about to admit that. Instead he gave her a wide, fakely ingenuous grin. "Well, we won't find any if we don't look, right? Stick with me, Marrow, and we'll find us some tapirs. I've heard they're like little, soft elephants, lots of meat but not real dangerous." His grin turned devilish at the thought of tearing into a dumb fat prey animal, before he spun in place, waving his tail in a beckoning gesture. "Well, come on, kid!" He leaped forward in a bounding run. He had no idea if they'd find tapirs or not, but if he looked confident enough surely he'd keep her company long enough that they could find... something. Maybe just trouble, but it'd be something anyway!

Marrow

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
03-29-2024, 09:13 AM

Marrow

Marrow nodded, confident in Wendigo's skills. He'd never steered her wrong before! Well, that wasn't true but even when he did it always worked out in their benefit. He described the tapirs as soft, meaty elephants and the thought had her salivating. That sounded delightful! There was no feeling better than a full belly, especially of fresh, rich meat. "Oooo yes, they sound tender and juicy!"

Wendigo spun around and beckoned her onward. With a whoop she bounded after him, racing across the dusty landscape with the strange trees. Above them darker clouds were beginning to swirl, a crack of lightning flickered across the sky but she wasn't afraid. It excited her. A thrilling start to their reunion and the chaos they'd sow this land with.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. prodigal son Dragon's Blood Grove 03:10 AM, 02-06-2024 09:06 PM, 05-27-2024