gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
02-13-2024, 08:37 AM

Ulmaria searched and searched for any sign of her father but every lead came to nothing. She had to admit, it was time to move on. She had considered heading back to Heiðinn but it hadn't really been her desire to join in the first place. That just happened to be where the Stargazer band had settled. Her sibling Brida had been there but the two hadn't really connected. That was the unfortunate truth, she and her siblings had all gone their separate ways early on and no she struggled to find connection. They were basically strangers.

There was one place, however, Ulmaria knew she could go and that was to where her uncle Álarr lived. He had been her teacher for much of her healing training and he still lived in the old Fireside lands in a pack called Avalon. She knew there was tension there since the vikings raided, part of the reason she'd opted to sit out. Not that Heiðinn was hurting for fighters. She hoped her uncle would bear her no ill will. It was just how things shook out.

Tipping back her head Ulmaria called for the alpha.

Speech

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
02-17-2024, 09:27 AM
Corbie tilted her head slightly at the sound of an unfamiliar voice calling for her. She was prepping for the upcoming butchering season by making certain all the tools and equipment necessary to it were in good order, with plenty of time to make or acquire new items at need. It wasn't super time sensitive, so there was no hesitation to answer the call. She took only a moment to set aside her work before making her way to the border. There she took in the sight of a dark wolf with brightly colored markings, much larger than Corbie herself. Corbie stopped at a respectful distance, though without fear or anxiety in her as she studied the bigger wolf. "Hello," she greeted the other woman with a smile. "I am Corbie, alpha of Avalon. How may I help you?"
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Ulmaria

Avalon
Healer

Master Healer (255)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
02-17-2024, 09:37 AM

Ulmaria tried to still her thoughts as she found herself worrying what she would say and hoping her uncle was enough of a connection to earn her swift acceptance. She hoped that through her wanderings the past season that she no longer smelled of Heiðinn which would understandably ruffle some feathers. The alphess arrived, a smaller wolf who greeted her politely. Ulmaria returned the smile and dipped her head in greeting. "Hello Corbie, my name is Ulmaria Regni. After a long time wandering I wish to return to my old homelands. I was born in the Range, you see, and my uncle Álarr is part of your pack. I was wondering if I could join? I have skills as both a fighter and a healer."

Speech

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

02-17-2024, 03:25 PM
The girl explained that she was looking to return to her homeland, that she'd grown up in Fireside and that Alarr was her uncle, and was looking to join the pack as he had. Like Alarr, she was both a fighter and a healer. Corbie's polite smile turned genuine. "We'd be happy to have you with us, Ulmaria. I'm sure Alarr will be pleased to have family with him again as well." She wondered if Ulmaria had been one of Alarr's cousin Sparrow's wolves, the pirates. She set that thought aside, however - she firmly believed that a wolf's past didn't matter, that it was the choices they made after they joined that mattered. Whether she had been a pirate or not was irrelevant now, it was who she showed herself to be moving forward that mattered, so Corbie didn't even bother to ask. "You are more than welcome here. I'd rank you as a healer, if you don't mind." She moved aside, motioning her in to pack lands. "Please, come in. Did you have a den here when this was Fireside's lands that we could fix up for you or did you have anywhere you'd prefer to stay?"

Ulmaria

Avalon
Healer

Master Healer (255)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7
03-02-2024, 02:35 PM

Ulmaria accepted the alpha's invite into the pack lands. She felt a sense of fulfillment as she crossed back into the land of her birth. A land she was eager to get to know again and perhaps here she could find a sense of peace and move on from the scattering of her siblings. It would also be good to see her uncle again. "Thank you, a healer suites me just fine. I did have a den but it was my family's den. We left when I was still fairly young. I think I'd be good with a fresh start." She would do some scouting and decide where it was she wanted to be, possible in the same region as her uncle so they could work on healing projects together again, for old time's sake.

Speech

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

03-04-2024, 04:47 PM
Corbie nodded her understanding as Ulmaria explained that it had been a family den, that she'd left the lands young. Corbie, who had grown up without any roots like that, nonetheless felt sympathetic to the young-Ulmaria-that-had-been... how sad it must have been to leave everything you'd ever known as 'home' up to that point. She wondered if leaving had been by her parents' choice, or if it had been Fireside's quiet fall that had made the lands untenable for someone with young. "If you want, we will all help however we can when you decide on a place," she assured the lovely healer. Continuing to chat quietly as she led her to where Alarr denned, she thought to herself how lucky they were to finally be getting traction here with new members.

- end

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. There And Back Again [Corbie] The Range 08:37 AM, 02-13-2024 11:58 PM, 04-08-2024