gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
02-13-2024, 11:43 AM

It would be important to note that Lumine had been told about pack territory lines. Unlike some of her siblings, she always listened with rapt attention. Both ears forward, eyes bright and alert, soaking in as much information as she could. Knowing who bordered their territory to the north and the east was important. Important enough that her father had told them not to mess with any of the wolves that lived there or trespass.

But weren't all rules meant to be broken?

Honestly, she couldn't help herself. She had been out wandering through the Stone Steppe with her two reindeer companions in tow. Trying to find them a good spot to graze, they had suddenly been spooked by a mountain lion. Unfortunately for Lumine, she was not equipped to talk down a full grown mountain lion by herself. So off she went, running over the territory line after her reindeer. She at least had had enough wits about her to let out a calling howl to inform both her parents and whoever in Elysium that she was there.

It seemed her reindeer weren't going to slow down either. "Someone please help!" She can feel the tears pricking at the corner of her eyes. "Guys, come on! There's no reason to be scared! Please stop running!" Lumine calls after the reindeer, hoping they'll tire soon because dang, she was also getting tired!

LUMINE TRYGG

table coding by bunni ♥

Dominus

Elysium
Progeny

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Intellectual (10)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Rapid Poster - Bronze
02-15-2024, 07:16 PM
The days were long, sunny, and absolutely gorgeous. An appreciator of all things gorgeous, all things brilliant and lovely, Dom wasn't about to spend a good day inside. With his sisters doing their own thing instead of indulging his antics, he supposed he'd entertain himself. The walk down to the rock garden was a good hike, and he liked to play on the rocks at the bottom. Hopping from one to the next, leaping farther and farther, and scrambling on the bigger ones. In his mind, it's all in the name of accomplishment.

Dominus perches, panting, atop one of the rocks. The sound of hooves moving rather quickly, followed by a call and... hm. Brow furrowing, the voice sounded more like one of his sisters than an adult. A shadow moving closer... no, two of them. A pair of reindeer, panicking. Was someone trying to reason with their prey? But then, the voice sounded upset. Dom's thoughts reeling, he could at least try... try to help?

Thinking on his feet, he cuts long behind the reindeer, attempting to herd them into the river. It wasn't that deep here, and they'd swim slower than running. If they slowed down, he could figure out if they were trying to eat the suspiciously small beasts, or reason with them.

Lumine

Hemlock
Wayfinder

Master Fighter (250)

Intermediate Navigator (40)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
02-15-2024, 07:38 PM
Her paws feel like they'll give up on her before she can catch her companions. Tears are on the brink of falling, blurring her vision as she continues to call out for them. Unfortunately for Lumine, they don't seem to want to stop. The large cat had terrified them to the point of 'fall until you stumble.' Fortunately for Lumine, someone was there, whether it was to help or to hunt.

A boy is coming from the other side, veering around the reindeer and directing them to the river nearby. She lets out a sigh of relief as she follows the boy and her reindeer. Taking the other side, she helps the boy herd her reindeer into the shallows of river. Once the shock of the cold water rattles their silly brains straight, they calm and slake their thirsts as they stand chest deep in the river.

Collapsing onto the shore, Lumine pants heavily as she tries to hold back the tears. She doesn't know what to say and instead brings a paw up to cover her face and hide the tears that try to stain her cheeks. "I-I'm sorry," she finally mumbles through chattering teeth and shaky muscles.

Dominus

Elysium
Progeny

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Rapid Poster - Bronze
02-15-2024, 08:11 PM
The reindeer slowed, seemed to settle. What curious creatures, unlike any he'd seen quite yet. Aren't they supposed to be bigger? They didn't look like babies but... hm. Peering curiously at them for a moment longer, before his gaze slips to the girl. Speaking of pretty... hm. Where had she come from? Dom's parents had been clear about not crossing the border, that there was another pack over there. Head canting to the side as he takes her in, realizing at once that she's in tears.

"What's wrong?" She'd apologized, probably for trespassing, but it seemed like she had a reason. The reindeer... they're important. Dominus moved closer, curious. Reaching for her shoulder in the same way he would either of his sisters, even if he's not entirely sure why. She can't be that different from them, right? Had she gotten hurt along the way? The boy's gaze is bright, curious.

Lumine

Hemlock
Wayfinder

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
02-15-2024, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2024, 10:49 AM by Lumine. Edited 2 times in total.)
Lumine doesn't expect the tender voice or the gentle paw upon her shoulder. It's as if her brother was there to wipe away her tears. Blinking a few times and rubbing at her eyes with her paw, she sniffles and clears her throat before really getting a good look at the boy. He's roughly the same age as her, but looks as if he's going to be the same size as her siblings. "I-I trespassed," Lumine lets out a whine, her lips turning down into a worried frown.

"I... I know I'm not supposed to be here. Papa says it's dangerous until I'm older to go wandering wherever I want, but my-my reindeer," she sniffles again as she points to the miniature reindeer. "They're important. They're different. We-we have a reindeer herd just northwest of here," a paw is pointed toward the polar sound, "and Kiela said that they would have... have to go because they were too small," she holds back a sob, "but I told her I'd take them, care for them, show that I can do it," her voice grows quiet as she tries to settle her breathing enough to actually look at the boy without tears in her eyes.

Dominus

Elysium
Progeny

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Rapid Poster - Bronze
02-15-2024, 10:30 PM
Gentle with her, watching as she wipes at some of the tears, the oil slicks spreading on her dark fur. The worry spreads over her features, the frown to follow. Right, trespassing is bad, but was it the worst when she had a good reason? Had anyone else heard her? Did anyone else know this had even happened? Looking over his shoulder, Dom didn't see anyone. Not in any direction, and he'd come down alone. Both the size and the fact she was trying to reason with them fell into place too. Understanding, as he puts the pieces together.

"I won't tell anyone." The words were quiet, spoken in earnest. Gentle as he reaches to wipe at her cheek, if she'll let him. "They must be strong, to run a long way like that." It's a compliment without actually making it one, offering a little smile. "I'm Dom, what's your name?" A little glimmer in his silver gaze, curious. Open. Maybe a little wild, but that's okay too.

Lumine

Hemlock
Wayfinder

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
03-13-2024, 07:13 AM
His words are comforting. She can't help but let out a small laugh because he sounds just like her brothers. When he reaches to wipe at her tears, she doesn't move, but instead turns her eyes to look up at him. A soft smile on her lips as he comments how her reindeer must be so strong to have ran such a long way. Though she's still lying in the grass, she nods, feeling the roughness of the dirt press against her cheek.

Dom. What an interesting name. "Lumine, b-but I like Lumi too," she whispers, her eyes never leaving his open and wild gaze. Something about him draws her in. Maybe it was a good thing her reindeer had spooked into his territory. "S-so do you live here?" Lumine asks, trying to be polite, but also curious as to where he had come from.

Dominus

Elysium
Progeny

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Rapid Poster - Bronze
03-15-2024, 12:08 AM
There's something in her, a spark. Dominus can't help but like the way she looks at him. Wild, in a way that he's not sure he's used to or understands. The way they lived on the mountain, northwest of here... was it that different? They have to be, but he can't really tell you why. Not yet. All he knows is that he wants her to stay for as long as he can get away with it.

"Lumi," he grins, trying her name out in his mouth. Confident, but also... curious. "Sorta, I live over there on the island," the boy nods. "But all of this is Elysium." A confident smile, a wag of his tail. "Where's your pack, just north of here?" Maybe he was hoping she lived right next door. Maybe.

Lumine

Hemlock
Wayfinder

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
03-15-2024, 02:23 PM
He says her name and it makes her giggle. She likes the way he says it. All boyish and what not. Her head twists to look where he motions to. An island? She'd never been or even seen an island before! Elysium? A grand name if she said so herself!

When he asks where her pack is, Lumine wiggles until she can twist just enough to see the mountain in her peripheral. Lifting a paw, she points. "There is Fenrir's Maw, that mountain is where we live. Papa leads the pack, calls it Heidinn," her smile grows wide, tail wagging as she looks back to Dom. "Does that mean that our parents are friends? You think?" There's hope there. Hope that they can stay friends.

Dominus

Elysium
Progeny

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Rapid Poster - Bronze
03-25-2024, 01:52 PM

Giggling, enough to bring a smile to play on his own face. Dominus's tail wags, unable to help himself. So what if they were bending the rules, just a little. She twists, points toward the mountain, and Dom can't keep the appreciation from his gaze. It certainly was tall, and why was the mountain called a Maw anyway? And who's Fenrir? He'd find someone to ask later.

"I hope so." The words are a murmur, casting a glance over his shoulder, now that he thinks about it. "If we're friends, that should count for something." At least, Dom thinks it should. The boy's brow furrows for a moment, a little worry starting to kick up. "I can walk you back to the border?" In earnest, looking to Lumi. Gentle, even for a boy of his size.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. right on the border, walking the line The Rock Garden 11:43 AM, 02-13-2024 10:07 AM, 03-31-2024