size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

UnderachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La La
02-15-2024, 11:49 AM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna was up early, watching the sun rise. Álarr was out gathering supplies for their camp site so in the mean time she just nestled down amongst the grasses to watch the prairie come to life. Birds were starting to chirp, insects to hum and in the distance she saw turkeys! The large birds were clustered about, foraging for food. She licked her lips. She very much wanted to hunt one of those but of course Álarr was off doing whatever it was he was doing. Maybe she could catch one on her own? Star stalked forward through the grass, unsure how keen a turkey's vision was. Best stay in the grasses, sometimes prey could see her coloring other times not.

Speech

ooc: Álarr is present nearby

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

Dream WeaverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipVengeanceUnderachieverDouble Master
OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
Critical Attack!The Ooze Participant
02-19-2024, 06:06 AM

He was out scouting the area that day. His mind wandering, he keeps an eye on what he passes. What kind of predators hunted in the area, the abundance or lack of different prey, supply of herbs, the sorts of things that mean something to a pack. They couldn't just dwindle their own resources and expect the animals to keep returning. Of course, that would bring more predators in... Anyway, Ghoul is scouting, that's what he's doing until he hears turkeys. It had been awhile since he'd eaten bird (thanks Cricket).

Moving quietly, he switches into a hunting frame of mind. As he stalks closer, he sees a pup, like a pup pup, with her eyes on the turkeys as well. Ghoul lifts his head, taking a quick look around, seeing the other adult in the distance and feels the relief wash over him knowing he won't have to bring a random pup home that day. But it wouldn't hurt to help!

Practically slinking over to the girl, his belly touching the grass so he wouldn't be seen, he lets out a quiet chuff to alert his presence. "What you want to do is wait until they're not paying attention then run after them as fast as you can without startling them. Then try to aim to grab a wing, a leg, or their neck. Don't go for a soft spot or their tail, they'll surely get away," he nods his muzzle toward the group of turkeys, making sure to point out the vital spots to grab for when hunting a bird that could swat you away or peck your eyes out.

Warning: If anyone dares to fuck with Cricket, their pups, or Macabre, you will be answering to him.

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-21-2024, 08:35 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna's ears twitched as she thought she heard something in the grass. She jumped when she heard the chuff and turned to see a man standing there. He immediately started giving her hunting advice and she realized he must be hunting the turkeys as well. She glanced over to where she knew Álarr's raven was before glancing back to the man. She nodded. "Ok, I'll try it." She'd learned that her defensive mutations could also be used offensively if the occasion called for it but this might be a bit hard to do. Star flexed her claws before slinking into the grass, keeping low though she needn't really have bothered. The grass was a good deal taller than her even when she was standing.

When she felt she couldn't get much closer without being noticed she bounded forward and leapt for the nearest turkey. Her fangs latched on just behind the wing joint, claws digging in. The bird squawked and flapped and she released an electric jolt from her side that was touching the bird.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

Dream WeaverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipVengeanceUnderachieverDouble Master
OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
Critical Attack!The Ooze Participant
03-12-2024, 08:42 AM

Ghoul was best described as unconventional. He saw no use for formalities when it was clear that they were both looking to hunt the turkeys. Hoping that his instructions had been clear enough, he nods back at the girl as she confirms she'll give it a go. If she wasn't fast enough, the turkey would gladly get out of her way.

He would hold back a moment though as she burst forward. Wanting to give the girl a chance to catch the turkey on her own, his eyes widen as she latches on to the wing joint. Just when he thinks the bird will end up ripping away from the pup, he sees the turkey almost convulse. What had she done to it? His brow narrows, ears flicking backward. Interesting, but he had to help finish it off.

Crossing the distance between grass and turkey with a few steps, he grabs ahold of the turkey's neck and quickly snaps it for her. Stepping back, he looks down at the pup with a curious look. "What did you do to the turkey just then?" He asks.

Warning: If anyone dares to fuck with Cricket, their pups, or Macabre, you will be answering to him.

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

03-17-2024, 09:12 AM

Stjarna's shock jolted the bird, it shivered and twisted then ceased its flailing just enough for her to risk repositioning her jaws. Star released her hold on the turkey's wing and went for the neck, grabbing too low. While she got the neck she was down by where it attached to the body, not enough to strangle or break the creature's neck. Thankfully, the pale man leapt in to help, grabbing the turkey by the neck and snapping it. Star released her grip, panting as she flopped onto her rear. "Thanks!" She was getting better but there was still much to learn. Her head tilted to the side as the man asked what she did to the turkey. It took her a moment to realize he was talking about her unusual ability. "Oh, I shocked it! My fur is zappy in places."

Speech

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Turkey In The Straw Emerald Valley 11:49 AM, 02-15-2024 05:15 PM, 03-31-2024