size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

1KFestival OrganizerDouble MasterCritical Dodge!Ooh La LaStudent
Samhain 2022
02-15-2024, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2024, 06:17 PM by Bramble. Edited 2 times in total.)

Now that Bramble had knowledge of her sister's feelings toward a certain boy, Bramble was excited. Absolutely thrilled that Dusk was coming into womanhood and had found a man to boot! It was amazing watching herself and her siblings all grow up to be their own adults. The whole situation surrounding the boy Dusk may or may not like (she definitely did) was the reason she had beckoned her sister down into the kitchens that day. Bustling around the counters and through the larder, she gathered supplies and spread them out on the clean surfaces, waiting more than impatiently for Dusk to arrive.

Bramble Carpathius

bramble's companions are to be assumed near her unless stated otherwise.

Dusk

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (279)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022
02-15-2024, 06:18 PM

"I don't know about this, Bram..." Dusk murmured as she entered the castle kitchens. "Are you sure this isn't trying too hard? What if he doesn't like my cooking?" Dark ears drooped and the obsidian lady moved towards her vibrant sister a little sulkily.

With a sigh, Dusk inspected the ingredients laid out before her. She didn't even know what you could make with all of these things! Mouth set in a hard line, she looked to her sister and shrugged. "I give up. What are we doing?"

"Dusk"
[Image: WlfCSL1.png]

Bramble

The Hallows
Envoy

Master Fighter (400)

Master Intellectual (420)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022
02-15-2024, 06:33 PM

"That's the whole point of me teaching you!" Bramble exclaims, a wave of her paw that ends in a flutter of flour dust all over them. "Too hard? Dusk, listen, what do men love?" She looks at Dusk from the corner of her eye, a smirk curling her lips as her face flushes. "Other than the obvious like violence," okay that's a cover up in case other ears are listening. "Food! So what do you do when you like someone? You make them food!" Bramble lets out a laugh as she pulls flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, pecans, and cocoa nibs toward them.

"We're going to make cookies because who doesn't love cookies?" She raises a brow, her before pointing to each ingredient. "We're going to add roughly two eggs, a teensy bit of vanilla extract that auntie Gwyn made herself, this much flour, and thiiiis much sugar, and about thiis much uh I forget what mom calls it, but it helps make them fluffy and thick, a tiny bit of salt, and then however much cocoa nibs and crushed up pecans that looks right!" Bramble dumps it all in, briefly looking at Dusk to see if she's even somewhat following along.

"Then we're going to mix it all up, like this!" Bramble proceeded to stick her paws into the large bowl in front of them and mash up the ingredients until the sticky batter has all come together.

Bramble Carpathius

Dusk

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (279)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022
02-15-2024, 06:58 PM

White powder went flying, landing on Dusk's muzzle and turning her grey. She frowned, about to tell her sister to be careful when Bramble questioned her. The question blue-screened the antlered fae's brain and her fiery eyes went wide. "What do Men..." How in the hell was Dusk supposed to know that?! Was Bramble making fun of her? This was why she had come to her sister in the first place! She didn't KNOW these things!

Bramble affirmed that men loved food and making a guy food was a way to tell that that you liked them. "But I don't know if I like him!" Dusk was very firm about that. She didn't know. Oh, this was all so stressful! She was going to get grey hair at two, she just knew it.

Dusk watched her sister begin to mix the different ingredients together and did what she could to help. The whole time she imagined how horrible they were going to taste. Was this just a waste of time? Surely she was going to fuck this up.

"Dusk"

Bramble

The Hallows
Envoy

Master Fighter (400)

Master Intellectual (420)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022
02-15-2024, 07:18 PM

Bramble can't help but let out a snort through her nostrils. "Dusky, you wouldn't mention him or even come looking for me if you didn't," this time she gives her sister a pointed look. In all fairness, yes, Bramble knew that Dusk only cared about one thing and that one thing was weapons. Ever since they'd been pups, she had noticed how Dusk only focused on training and weapon crafting. It was the thing that made her sister's brain tick - just like Thorn. They had been two peas in a pod. Now was her chance to let Dusk in on a little secret! Liking someone was as easy as baking cookies!

Now that their mixture was complete, Bramble had Dusk help her carefully scoop decent sized lumps out onto a makeshift metal sheet that someone had found out in the garden years ago - way before they were alive. Once the batter was all divvied, she directed Dusk to help her take the sheet over to the stone oven that had flames licking around the edges. They typically made bread there, but cookies would work too! Stepping back, she smiles at Dusk before moving to go wash off her paws. "Now we wait until they're nice and crispy around the edges!"

Bramble Carpathius

Dusk

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (279)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022
02-15-2024, 07:24 PM

Dusk scowled. Bramble thought she was sooooooo smart with her logic and baking... The darker sister pouted a little, but move to help scoop the goopy stuff into little balls. She then watched as Bram laid them out with perfect spacing and slid them into one of the ovens. The heat from said oven made Dusk feel a little sleepy and thus calmed her somewhat. By the time the cookies were ready to come out, the crease in her forehead was smoothed.

Crispy around the edges. That's how Dusk felt. "What am I supposed to say to him when these cookies are done?" Dusk wrinkled her nose. "I thought of you enough to go out of my way to bake you cookies, please don't think I'm weird?" And again with the pout. Then her eyes went wide as saucers and she looked to her sister with her mouth hanging open. "What if he likes them? What if he wants to kiss me?!" Bloody hell... She wasn't ready for that!

"Dusk"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. all things fair in love and food Amron's Castle 06:13 PM, 02-15-2024 12:01 PM, 03-07-2024