size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Pride - Bisexual
02-15-2024, 08:36 PM
Though she wasn't too far from home, it struck Jay that she hadn't ever really wandered this way before. It wasn't like she wasn't old enough to go plenty far on her own... she was a yearling now, after all, but the truth was that she was a homebody at heart and staying close to her family was satisfying enough to her that she rarely wandered far from home. Maybe she ought to be heading back though? The sun had begun to disappear beneath the horizon, casting a strange glow over the sky as the world darkened.

Though it was summer and heat was normal, tonight seemed especially stuffy. Usually with the darkness came a slight sense of relief from the stifling summer temperatures, but it seemed to be growing even hotter. her tongue lolled from her mouth as she crested one of these hills, trying to get a good sense of her surroundings and what might be around her.

JAY DESTRUCTION-MEMOIRE

table coding by bunni ♥

Calliope

Raiders Hollow
The Powder Monkey

Master Fighter (393)

Master Intellectual (290)

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
03-13-2024, 07:49 AM
Wandering wasn't exactly her favorite past time, but with no one to bother, Calliope found herself doing exactly that. She kept to the shade, avoiding the warmer temperatures as much as she could. Though her frame is slim and growing into the large size she will be, she still finds herself feeling overheated more often than not. Her tongue lolls from her mouth, hot breath washing out from her mouth as she continues to move about the rolling hills.

These hills were not like the ones with the buffalo. A barren landscape, not a single dot of green to be found. Which probably meant she wouldn't find anyone to interact with. Cresting a rather ominous looking hill, Calliope glances around. Inhaling a deep breath, a note of someone on the wind catches her attention. Narrowing her gaze against the bright sun that sets along the horizon, she's barely able to pick out the smaller brown wolf that practically melts into the surroundings.

Wasting no more time, Calliope approaches, a nonthreatening posture to her appearance. Tail low, a few wags, ears relaxed and even a smile on her opened and panting mouth. Deceiving? Yes, but the other girl didn't need to know that... yet. "Hope you're not as lost as I am," a dry laugh leaves Calliope as she comes to stop before the other girl. There's a pack scent on her which leaves Calliope on guard, eyes flickering around to see if she was being watched.

"Speech"

Warning: Calliope is callous, rude, and unpredictable. Do NOT expect nice things from her.

Jay

Avalon
Apprentice

Expert Hunter (120)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Pride - Bisexual
03-25-2024, 08:10 AM
Something about this place probably ought to give her the creeps, but Jay has a hard time really feeling unsettled about much at all. Maybe it's plain naivety, the fact that she's really experienced all that much bad before, but it's easy to focus on the things that aren't so bad about this place. Given how little vegetation was here, it made it easy to survey her surroundings, to give her plenty of visibility. It most likely wouldn't be somewhere she readily went again, unless maybe she was tracking prey here... but she was coming up short trying to imagine why prey would even go here in the first place.

She heard someone approach before she arrived, Jay shifting slightly as the girl approached from a distance. Without hesitating she mirrors her friendly demeanor, tail curling above her back and giving a few slow wags. "Oh, hey!" Jay greets the stranger with all the friendliness of someone reuniting with a friend. She never assumes anything bad about anyone, not without good reason. "I'm not lost at all. I live just north of here. I don't come out this way often, but wanted to see what it was like this way," she admitted, the words coming easily. "Name's Jay Destruction! Sorry, I didn't expect to find anyone out this way," Jay explained away how quickly she'd started talking to the girl, grinning all the while.

JAY DESTRUCTION-MEMOIRE

table coding by bunni ♥

Calliope

Raiders Hollow
The Powder Monkey

Master Fighter (393)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
03-28-2024, 09:42 AM
Not a lot takes Calliope by surprise. From her experience with the eclectic group that called themselves the Raiders, it was never safe to assume how a stranger would act. When said strangers are friendlier, it does make the interaction easier. Less stressful for her to try and posture in a way that makes her bigger, stronger, better. Intimidating is what Calliope aimed for, but here, right now, in the middle of this barren land, she felt more like a pup. Felt as if she didn't need to be nasty, but the other girl's positive and bubbly attitude did grate her nerves the wrong way.

Keeping her expression a casual and more on the flatter side, she lest out a thoughtful hum as the girl explains being here and introduces herself. "Calliope Fallen," she returns, a slight nod of her head, another few swishes of her tail. Her eyes glance around, noticing how easy it would be to dump bones here if need be. "Doesn't seem to be much worth lookin' at," Calliope says as she returns her eyes back to Jay, a slight raise of her brow. "Don't blame ya for not expectin' anyone. Place is kinda dull, ain't it?" She asks, her lips giving a mix of a smile and something indescribable.

"Speech"

Warning: Calliope is callous, rude, and unpredictable. Do NOT expect nice things from her.

Jay

Avalon
Apprentice

Expert Hunter (120)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Pride - Bisexual
04-02-2024, 12:15 PM
For a moment, she found herself feeling grateful that she didn't live somewhere like this. Not that there weren't different flavors of good lands elsewhere - she knew Avalon's lands couldn't objectively be the best places to live in the whole world - but she was thankful she lived where she did. Her overly friendly nature tugged at the back of her mind as she readjusted her focus to Calliope. She wanted to know where she lived, if it was around here at all, why she'd come this way in the first place if she didn't live close.

But she knew being polite was important, far more important than being overly eager and nosy.

"Nice to meet you, Calliope. Pretty name," she mused aloud, still smiling. Most of her siblings had different sorts of names, most very simple and short, not quite like Calliope's. "You're right, it is pretty dull. Don't think I'll be hanging around here much longer." It was said definitively, like she hadn't made up her mind until right this moment. Idly she kicked at a loose patch of rubble by her paws, watching as a few pebbles tumbled down the slight incline she stood on.

"You're not from around here, then? I can try to point you in the right direction," Jay offered warmly. "Well - I can try to guide you as best I can. I haven't gone far from these parts, not yet at least," Jay said, sounding a bit bashful at her admission. Maybe someday she'd branch out and see more of the world, but it felt hard to want to leave when so many wolves she loved were all close by.

table coding by bunni ♥

Calliope

Raiders Hollow
The Powder Monkey

Master Fighter (393)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bunni
04-17-2024, 09:13 PM
Calliope would like to think herself some sort of "terrifying" predator, but she's still young and needs practice. She isn't quite sure how she feels about females though. When she's around boys, it's easy to bully them, pick at them, kick them when they're down. But girls? Man, they're a different sort of monster. It almost feels like "girl code" ya know? Like don't fuck with your own? But also like... they're so... pretty and fragile? How could she beat up a girl when they might cry? Fuck, she couldn't handle crying.

Compliments aren't easy either and she shrugs at it. A thanks wouldn't have been hard, but it's Calliope so ya, it is actually. "Sure there's better places to be hangin' out," she comments, her own gaze noticing the pebbles that slip out from beneath Jay's paws and tumble on down the slight hill. Girl must've been pretty bored to come out this way for nothing, huh?

Her ears prick up a bit when Jay continues talking, her eyes moving up to meet that warm and bashful expression. See? How could she possibly be vicious to such a sweet creature? Did Calliope have a soft spot? Pfft, never. "Nah, yer good. I'd rather have someone who actually has some sense 'bout them guide me," her muzzle wrinkles, lips pursing, and eyes narrowing as she does that slight head tilt that screams fuck off, I'm a "mean girl".

"Well, guess I'll get goin' then. See ya... uh around?" Her expression shifts into something awkward, but finite. Turning on her heels, she picks up into a trot and off into the sunset Calliope goes without a second look back.

- Exit Calliope -

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Ghost in the machine Barren Hills 08:36 PM, 02-15-2024 10:52 PM, 06-13-2024