Bright as day, as light as play

Jay

Leaf

gems
size
build
player
02-16-2024, 02:10 PM

There had been no hiding the delight that Leaf had when Jay saw her gathering materials to go do some fishing and asked if she could come along. The yearling happily agreed to the company, the duo gathering up more materials for the traps that Leaf wanted to make. Corbie had shown her how to make snares, which had been effective in catching small mammals, and Leaf had started to work on her own with crafting, coming up with a design for a fish catch she thought would be effective. She certainly preferred to work with smaller prey, but she wasn’t against the idea of aiding her packmates on a hunt. But today she would be able to shine, and spend time with Jay to boot! She was grinning the whole way, tail set to wagging.

“So I’ll admit that I haven’t had the chance to test the trap design yet, but in theory it should work!” Leaf informed her sister. “I got the idea to work on it after Corbie showed me how to make snares. It should allow the fish to go in, but prevent them from coming back out.” The earthy smell of moist soil and rich plants invaded her nose as they neared the river, as well as the smell of the water of course. The weather was just perfect, mild with a light breeze that ruffled their coats as they approached the water. She could even feel how the ground at her paws seemed to shift as well, becoming more spongy and soft with the presence of the river so close by.

“This should work. Let's unload the materials here.” They were still far enough from the river that their shadows wouldn’t alert the fish of their presence. The darned critters would be more hesitant to go in the traps for longer if they thought predators were nearby. Leaf carefully dumped her sack of goods onto the ground, materials held in a hide that had been resting across her shoulders, and she began to undo it as she spoke again. “How has your training been going?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

table coding by bunni ♥

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Bright as day, as light as play The Rio Grande 02:10 PM, 02-16-2024 07:10 AM, 03-04-2024