Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
02-18-2024, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2024, 01:14 AM by Rivin. Edited 1 time in total.)

Rivin cursed with each step as she walked back into the common area of the isle. Her body hurt, and a glance at the red streaked fae said why. Bee stings could be seen on her face and forelegs, the consequences of gathering some honey from their hive. It hurt like a bitch, but she was glad to have gathered the materials. She just had to get back to her room and she could get the herbs needed to treat it. Silently glad she hadn’t seemed to attract any of the Raiders with her grumbling, she made her way to room and moved inside, Lark looking up with shock as he saw the state she was in. “Rivin! Gods, are you allergic to bees?!” The red spots were swollen and agitated… she might have been. She just wanted to make a salve for the stings and start getting some relief. “Probably…” She grunted, moving over to her store of herbs.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Siduri

Raiders Hollow
The Scion

Master Healer (245)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
02-18-2024, 02:28 AM

Pale ears perk with interest as someone exclaims in horror about someone being allergic to bees. From her place amidst the thick umbrella leaves, Siduri raises her head and looks about. Mismatched eyes fall on Rivin and a predatory smile forms on the girls face. This could be interesting!

Moving to close the distance between herself and the older wolf, Sid takes on a jaunty pace and clears her throat. "Soooooo... You got stung a bit." Understatement. Rivin's face was swelling up like a balloon. "Whatchaaaaaa gonna do about it?" Sid dared Rivin to send her away. She wanted to see what to do for stings.

Piratess

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

02-18-2024, 02:42 AM

What Rivin hadn’t expected was company. She had set her bag down, ready to grab herbs, when one of the Raider kids that had followed her back to her room and had taken interest in not only the stings, but the treatment she was going to use for them spoke up.

Looking over at the kid, her expression softened. Siduri. She hadn’t had much chance to interact with her prior to her fight in Ethne, but she saw no harm in interacting with her now. If the kid was interested in medicine, then Rivin would not disappoint her. “I intend to make a salve for them, if you want to help me.” She turned back to the herbs, grabbing a fair bit of leaves and roots to set on the floor between them. She also got a bowl so she could have more of the medicine for later. No doubt the stings were going to take several coatings of the stuff.

“Not sure if you know, but apparently a salve differs from a poultice. Salves are more of a creamy or goupy mixture spread on an area and left open, while poultices tend to be covered.” Her green gaze shifted to the items before her, moving a paw over the first type of leaves.

“The first item for the salve is blackberry leaves. They are specifically good for helping with bee stings, and a good idea to keep around when you are gathering honey… unless you smoke the bees out first and put them to sleep. Didn’t expect the damn things to get so angry, so let my stings be a lesson to you so you don’t get hurt the same way.” And fuck did they hurt… her face was swelling, painful, itchy… She moved her paw over the other leaves and roots.

“The leaves and roots of comfrey are both great items for salves and poultices. They can soothe wounds, burns, wrenched claws, help with itching, or even be used for inflammation on stiff or wrenched joints. In this case I’m hoping to help soothe the stings a bit more and reduce the itchiness of them so I don’t try to scratch them, since doing so will only make them hurt more.” She looked back to Siduri. “Because the stings won’t go away for a while, I’ll need a lot of the salve.” She divided the herbs into two piles, each mixed with the two types of leaves and roots before taking her pile into her mouth with a flick of her tongue and beginning to chew.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Siduri

Raiders Hollow
The Scion

Master Healer (245)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
02-18-2024, 02:47 AM

TING! Siduri's invisible antennae perked up as Rivin offered to show her how it was done. Sid watched with interest as the older wolf informed her of the different leaves that would help with stings. She also told her of the difference between salves and poultices. This was something that Sid already knew, but she didn't say that out loud. Her dad had taught her that one when she'd burnt her leg.

As Rivin spoke, Sid nodded, showing that she was paying attention. After a bit, she managed to sneak in a question. "What do you do if the stingers are still in there? Do you have to take them out? What would happen if you left them in? Would you get infected? Would your body push them out on its own?" Inquiring minds must know!

Piratess

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

02-18-2024, 02:56 AM

It might have been knowledge the girl already knew, but Rivin had no clue how much knowledge she had prior to the lesson. After chewing the mixture of plants, she spat it out in the bowl. Not the best looking stuff, but it would be necessary. Her gaze flicked back to Siduri as the girl asked some questions about the stings themselves. Ahh right, that would be important to share too. “Generally the stingers work their way out on their own within a few days. If one doesn’t however, the swelling won’t go down and that spot can get infected. There’s a chance with so many stings that might be the case this time.” Rivin didn’t seem worried about it though. “If that happens, I will teach you how to treat an infection. No biggy.” She gestured at the other pile of plants. “And the best way to have a lesson stick is by practice. Will you chew up the other bit of plants for me, please?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Siduri

Raiders Hollow
The Scion

Master Healer (245)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
02-18-2024, 03:01 AM

Sid almost forgot the entire lesson as Rivin gifted the girl with a new phrase. "No biggie," Siduri agreed, colorful eyes wide as little electric pulses zipped through her. New words were like drugs and Sid was undeniably hooked.

Rivin asked if Sid would chew up the other herbs and the girl agreed, popping the leaves and things into her mouth to chew. "There'sh godda be a bwetta way ta do dis," she spoke with her mouth full. The herbs tasted disgusting. Whose idea was this anyway? She spit the chewed greenery into the bowl and wrinkled her nose. "Healing isn't always fun," she decided aloud.

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

02-18-2024, 03:08 AM

Well that caught Sid’s attention. Rivin chuckled at that. Well, if _she_ didn’t get infected, she was going to have to find someone or something that was, given how interested the girl was. As the pastel rainbow near-yearling said there had to be a better way to mash the leaves up, Rivin furrowed her brow. “There might be, to be honest. I’m still learning new things myself… mostly what I eavesdrop from others healers… or hash out with some Raider’s. Your dad actually has my mind churning on limb removal.” Rivin grinned.

“Mixing herbs can suck, I agree. They’re not always great tasting. I’m not too fond of it either.” That is when an idea hit her.

“I’ll make a deal with you, Sid. You figure out a better way to get the herbs ground up, and I have you help me remove the limb of some small critter and make sure it survives it. Its better to practice untested methods on something other than our friends, right?” Both a challenge and a chance for them both to try something new. And besides, being a Raider, she was sure the kid would jump at that chance.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Fucking bees, man Daager Isle 01:14 AM, 02-18-2024 09:52 PM, 03-18-2024