size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

UnderachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La La
02-19-2024, 07:23 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna was enjoying her trip to the battlefield. Álarr had taken her on the trip to practice fighting different opponents. So far they'd had good luck finding a few opponents for her and the over all weather had been fantastic. Once she was finished with dinner and felt she'd digested for long enough she wandered off in search of another opponent. Álarr was nearby so she felt comfortable returning to the clearing she'd sparred in before. Star stretched her limbs and then tipped back her head to howl for a fellow fighter, hoping she'd get someone pleasant, or at the very least not too mean.

Speech

ooc: Álarr is present nearby

Saga

Polaris
Chief

Master Fighter (250)

Expert Intellectual (185)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Rapid Poster - BronzeCritical Observation!1KOverachieverSamhain 2022
02-19-2024, 07:43 PM

She had never been to Boreas up by herself before, but now was a good time as any. The weather up here was far more pleasant than it was in Auster, and she was old enough now to travel on her own without an adult or a babysitter. Plus, after having journeyed all the way up to Armada lands, this was a cake walk! She had heard of a place similar to the boneyard in auster, though when she arrived, it didn't seem as...chaotic as the battlefield closer to home. She had never been to the Boneyard back home, either, and so she had no idea how it worked when looking for a fight or whatever. Clucking her tongue in thought for a moment, she heard a howl nearby, and her eyes lit up. Oh good! Someone did the hard part for her! She knew what that call meant!

She hurried to find the caller, and when she found her, it was in the form of a small pup that had glowing fur! And she was super pretty, too! "Hi! My name is Saga! Are ya lookin' for a spar? Mind if I fight ya?" She didn't know if the young pup would be okay with going up against her, as it seemed many wolves beyond her pack were wary around her type. But maybe if she acted her usual, friendly self, it would ease any fears the pup might have.

"Saga"

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-19-2024, 08:01 PM
I wish you could see me for something more than the things I'm confined and condemned to be

Stjarna's call was soon answered but by a much bigger creature than she'd expected. A bear! Star immediately frizzed up, her fur on end but just as she was about to scream for Álarr the bear spoke. "You can talk?!" She stared up in surprise. The last time she'd run into a bear it only roared at her and tried to eat her. This bear, named Saga, seemed a heck of a lot nicer. Well, she did want to learn to get better at fighting so she wouldn't get eaten by a bear. Fighting a bear made sense as practice. Ok, yes, she could do this. She nodded and smile back. "Yea, I can try and fight you. You can call me Star!"

Stjarna set her defenses then tried to figure out how she was supposed to attack something that was so much bigger then her. Deciding on a course of action she charged forward, trying to slip off to Saga's right. Star bunched her hind legs and sprang for Saga's thigh. She hoped to stick all four sets of claws in and maybe hang on for dear life?

Stjarna vs Saga for Spar
Round 1/2?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Cat Paws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Electrolytes - Defensive
Mutation 3: Thick Skin - Defensive
Skills: Novice Fighter & Beginner Hunter
Specialty:

Speech

Saga

Polaris
Chief

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

02-19-2024, 08:38 PM

The young pups reaction was something Saga expected. It wasn't common for bears to...not attack on sight, she supposed. At least when it came to wolves. She noticed she had been getting reactions like this one or similar whenever she came across a stranger outside of Ethne. What caught her off guard was what the girl had said. "You can talk?!" Saga nodded, though she was a little confused. Did...other bears not normally talk? She hadn't come across any other bears, so she had no idea, honestly. But luckily, the pup who she learned she could call Star, accepted her to spar! "Ah! Thank you!" She grinned, her little tail waggling a bit before she settled into her defenses.

She observed the young wolf, trying to figure out how she was going to approach this. She had only ever fought twice before this, also against pups, and that was a task that had been difficult because she didn't want to hurt them with them being small and all. If it was an adult, that'd be different. But alas, she'd figure it out...right?

Star came at her first, charging at her before slipping off to her right. Saga, of course, was a little slow to react and as she turned her head to follow where the pup was going. All she saw next was the pup launching herself at her thigh, and Saga felt needle like claws poking her skin. Grunting with discomfort, she whirled around, trying to bat Star off of her but was careful not to cause harm with her claws, as she also stomped her back legs in an effort to shake the pup loose from her body.

Saga vs Stjarna for Spar
Round: 1/2
Size: Large species
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Rhino helm
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather armor
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Advanced Intellectual

Saga

Stjarna

Avalon
Hunter

Master Fighter (270)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

02-19-2024, 09:15 PM

Stjarna took a flying leap and landed on the bear's thigh, clinging there like a little bur but not for long before the bear started stamping her feet. Star didn't want to dig in too far and she fell off, landing with a little 'oof' on the ground. She saw the bear's paw coming to swipe her but there was not enough time to move. Instead she focused on arcing her back and releasing an electric shock from her fur, trying to retaliate against the bear's paw. When the bear struck her her arced posture helped her roll with the force and back onto her feet though she wobbled a little, clearly a little dizzy.

Stjarna vs Saga for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Medium
Mutation 1: Cat Paws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Electrolytes - Defensive
Mutation 3: Thick Skin - Defensive
Skills: Novice Fighter & Beginner Hunter
Specialty:

Speech

Saga

Polaris
Chief

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

02-19-2024, 09:41 PM

She had been successful in shaking off her little adversary, the spot where she had clung onto her thigh stung, but at least it wasn't too bad. As she swiped at Star, she absolutely did not expect the sort of retaliation that she had gotten. The moment Star arched her back and Saga made contact, she felt a zap on her paw which caused her to jump back in surprise and grunted from the surprise pain. She shook her paw as she stumbled back, trying to make the unpleasant feeling go away. Glancing back at Star, Saga wasn't even sure that she wanted to touch her again, but maybe she could as long as she kept some sort of barrier between them?

A thought occurred to her, and so Saga charged, careful not to stomp on the girl as she did so. She lowered her head, looking to bowl the girl over as she aimed to headbutt her with the top of her skull, more so to knock her down and off her feet than to cause much harm. Hopefully, the leather part of her leather helm would help to absorb some of that shock!

Saga vs Stjarna for Spar
Round: 2/2
Size: Large species
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Rhino helm
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather armor
Skills: Advanced Fighter & Advanced Intellectual

Saga

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
02-29-2024, 09:23 AM

And the winner is...

Saga

Stjarna must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Stjarna:
Attack Roll: 77
Defense Roll: 25
Agility Roll: 46
Perception Roll: 28
Total: 176
Attack[77] + 25% Bonus[19.25]: 96.25
Defense[25] + 15% Bonus[3.75]: 28.75
Agility[46] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 46.00
Perception[28] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 28.00
Total[199.00] + -30% Bonus[-59.70]: 139.30

Saga:
Attack Roll: 49
Defense Roll: 21
Agility Roll: 93
Perception Roll: 95
Total: 258
Attack[49] + 20% Bonus[9.80]: 58.80
Defense[21] + 15% Bonus[3.15]: 24.15
Agility[93] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 93.00
Perception[95] + 15% Bonus[14.25]: 109.25
Total[285.20] + 15% Bonus[42.78]: 327.98

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Baptize Me In a Bottle of Beam and Put Johnny On The Vinyl [Dragon] The Battlefield 07:23 PM, 02-19-2024 10:44 PM, 03-25-2024