gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
03-19-2024, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 09:51 PM by Caedes. Edited 1 time in total.)

Caedes led Mariah through the dense undergrowth, the forest canopy filtering sunlight into dappled patterns on the forest floor.  As they neared a small clearing, Caedes turned to Mariah with a smirk playing on his lips, his emerald eyes sparkling with affection and a hint of mischief.

"I have to warn you," He rumbled softly, his voice carrying a sense of anticipation. "My sister can be a bit... over the top. But she is important to me, and I hope you two will get along." It could actually go very wrong, and he would be left to step in and – something he did not wish to do. With a reassuring nuzzle of Mariah's neck, Caedes slipped away into the foliage, his movements silent and graceful as he disappeared into the shadows of the trees. He knew that introducing Mariah to Kaino could be a delicate matter. Kaino had always been a free spirit, unbound by rules or expectations, and Caedes wanted to prepare Mariah for the encounter.

Navigating the familiar pathways of the forest, Caedes soon found Kaino lounging by a nearby stream, her fur shimmering with hues of lavender and silver in the sunlight. With a whistle, Caedes sought her attention, his expression thoughtful as he waited for her to approach him.

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Healer (265)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-19-2024, 10:08 PM

Even still, seeing the humor as it spread across his expression could cause her breath to catch in her throat. She couldn’t help her dismissive amusement- rolling her eyes at Caedes in response out of reflex. But even she couldn't disguise the smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. The thought of meeting one of Caedes' relatives was both alluring and daunting, but she was eager to make a good impression. "If she's important to you, then she's important to me," Mariah said lightly, her grin tightening as she conveyed her acceptance.

As Caedes disappeared into the underbrush, his figure fading into the lush greenery with a fluid grace- her heart fluttered with a mixture of anticipation and apprehension as she watched him go, the touch of his lips on her neck still lingering like a warm brand. The coolness of the forest enveloped her, but she welcomed it, taking in deep breaths of fresh pine and the earthy dampness that surrounded her. As she stepped into the clearing, her senses were alive with the sights and sounds of nature, and her heart pounded in her chest - a strange mix of fear and excitement coursing through her veins like electricity.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
03-19-2024, 10:22 PM

After Kaino's great success with acquiring a pack for the Saxe brood, the woman took some time to herself. She lay along one of the springs, tossing little bits of rock and whatnot within. All of the hype and energy had drained the silver and lavender fae and she just needed to decompress a bit. So, when Caedes came to collect her, Kaino wasn't in her normal, boisterous mood. The woman lifted a brow in question then rose and shook out her coat before following him.

"What's this all about then?" Kaino assumed that he wanted something though she couldn't imagine what that might be. He hadn't even approached her. Instead he'd whistled at her like she was a dog. It rubbed her fur the wrong way, but she let it go. No point in dwelling on something so trivial. She could never have imagined that he was going to introduce her to a girl. That was why Kaino would be totally unprepared for such an event to take place.

"Speech"

Despite being absolutely adorable, Kaino is an adult character that indulges in adult situations. Viewer discretion advised.
[Image: fGJURoI.png]

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-19-2024, 10:52 PM

Caedes had observed Kaino tossing rocks into the water, a far cry from her usual lively demeanor. Caedes knew that the recent events had taken their toll on Kaino, and he respected her need for solitude - she’d earned it, after all. "Kaino," Caedes called in a soft rumble, his voice carrying a tone with mixed uncertainty and assurance. "Am I interrupting you?" He watched as she lifted a brow in question before rising to her feet and shaking out her coat, coming graciously to meet him.

Caedes noted the slight edge in her voice, but he remained unruffled. "I have a secret to share with you. Or rather, someone I'd like you to meet," Caedes replied cryptically, his gaze steady as he led the way. He knew that Kaino would be caught off guard by the unexpected introduction, but he hoped she would trust him.

As they approached their destination, Caedes couldn't shake the feeling of thrill and uncertainty that gnawed at him. He knew that Kaino's unpredictable nature could make the encounter challenging, but he also believed in her ability to adapt. "Please, be kind. For me?" He said, more of a suggestion than a plea. With a silent prayer for success, Caedes prepared himself for the unexpected as they neared the clearing where Mariah awaited their arrival. Though there was a part of him that writhed within, possessive and ugly — thinking how it might have been better to keep his little beauty to himself. But he desired to assure Mariah of her importance to him, and what better way to do that than meeting the sister he grew up with?

It was as he led Kaino back that his expression shifted, bulk cutting through the foliage in a purposeful manner until they had made it to the clearing, he pressed his muzzle into the space between Kaino’s shoulder and nape, and pushed on through the brush. There he stared intently at Mariah, reassurance in his emerald gaze once again. He grinned, then turned to Kaino with a voice that betrayed his own subdued delight. “Kaino. This is Mariah.” He introduced with a graceful gesture, moving forward to facilitate the meeting with careful consideration of them both.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

03-20-2024, 08:35 AM

Mariah's nerves heightened to a sharp edge as Caedes guided Kaino into the clearing. She straightened her posture, attempting to exude confidence despite the fluttering sensation in her gut. When Kaino emerged from the dense foliage, Mariah was immediately struck by her commanding presence. The air around Kaino seemed to crackle with intensity, and Mariah could feel the weight of her powerful self-reliance radiating from within. Even as she followed behind Caedes, there was an aura of strength and determination that surrounded the lavender and silver fae, making it clear that she was a force to be reckoned with. She would have expected no less from Caedes sister.

Mariah greeted Kaino with a steady tone, though she couldn't stop her paws from shaking slightly- she rooted them firmly to the ground to conceal their treachery. She offered a tentative grin, hoping to convey her a warmth that didn’t quite come so naturally. “Kaino,” She acknowledged, testing the name out on her own tongue. "I am delighted to make your acquaintance," she said politely.

As she waited for Kaino's response, Mariah couldn't shake the feeling of being under scrutiny. She knew that Kaino's opinion held weight with Caedes, and she hoped that she would be able to make a favorable impression.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
03-25-2024, 12:53 AM

When asked if she was okay, Kaino simply brushed the question off with a wave of one silver gloved paw. Even if she wasn't alright, it didn't matter. She wasn't exactly the type to go spilling her problems, even to the wolf that she held so dear as to call brother. Her emotional burdens were her own to bear and she was a stickler for that. You know... unless she was in a mood where she wanted attention from Nila. Then she could be a whiny brat.

Through the greenery she followed Caedes, allowing the big brute to clear a path for them. Only once did she get smacked in the face with a springy tree branch, eliciting a low growl from the already truculent fae. 'Someone'... He'd said 'Someone' that he wanted her to meet. As Kaino picked her way down the path, she stewed on that. She stewed so much that, by the time they reached their destination, the bob-tailed woman was reach to chomp and bite whoever Caedes was leading her to.

Irritable and grumpy, Kai's brow was furrowed and her mouth was set in a hard line. Mint and ice eyes could see the foliage ending. A clearing was up ahead. No doubt this was where he was leading her. Kai's fur bristled in anticipation and her tongue ran over sharp teeth more than once. That was when Caedes turned to her and spoke. His request washed the electric tingle from her body and her brow smoothed, lifting instead with a slightly incredulous look. He was asking her to be nice? Gods above... Caedes had always been the only wolf to accept her as she was, prickly quills and all. For him to ask her to be something other than herself... Ugh.

The scarred brute stepped aside, voicing introductions. Mariah. The woman's name was Mariah. A midnight and russet fae stepped forward, greeting Kai with words that instantly tasted false on her tongue. Delighted, eh? "Mariah," the lavender and smoke fae purred, lips curling up in a smile. "Personally I'm more surprised than delighted. I had no idea that my brother was keeping such secrets from me." She shot Caedes an icy side eye before looking back to Mariah. Nice... she was being nice... "So... How 'bout that weather?"

"Speech"

Despite being absolutely adorable, Kaino is an adult character that indulges in adult situations. Viewer discretion advised.

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-28-2024, 10:57 PM

Caedes observed the interaction between Kaino and Mariah with a mix of amusement and quiet observation. He knew his sister well enough to recognize her bristling demeanor and the thinly veiled sarcasm in her words. Despite his request for her to be nice, he couldn't fault her for staying true to herself. Really, all he needed was for her not to verbally, or physically, tear Mariah’s head off. He was sure that wasn’t too much to ask for.

Stepping forward, Caedes offered a diplomatic smile, hoping to diffuse any tension in the air. "Kaino," He said steadily, his voice carrying the weight of their bond and what this introduction meant to him. "I appreciate your honesty, as always." He shot her a knowing look, silently acknowledging her reluctance to play nice.

"As for the weather," He continued, addressing Kaino's thinly veiled jab, "It seems we're in for a bit of a storm." He flashed a reassuring smile at Mariah before casting a sideways glance at Kaino, silently conveying his understanding of her mood. He knew he could have handled the situation more tactfully, yet considering the implications of his bond with Mariah, swift action seemed paramount. He resolved to rectify matters later, perhaps by showering her with opulent furs and indulging her passion for extravagance? She couldn’t be bought, but it was in action the brute knew to prove his intentions. He even entertained the idea of conceding to a comforting embrace, willing to do whatever it took to mend the small rift between them. Ah, but where to take this introduction now? It wasn’t as though the brute was the diplomat Kaino was. Intelligent as he was, there was a reason he stuck to his herbs and medicine.

"speaking"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Healer (265)

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

04-12-2024, 08:10 PM

Mariah watched the scene unfold before her, taking in the interaction between Caedes and Kaino. It was clear that they shared a deep bond, one that Mariah could only equate to the bond she shared with Malico. She felt an ache of longing for her own brother in that moment while witnessing their easy rapport - even though it was tinged with tension, there was an undercurrent of trust and familiarity that came only from years of knowing one another. She knew it well.

She managed to hold her smile as Kaino spoke dismissively about the weather, even though she knew it was a barbed comment aimed at Caedes. She respected Kaino for her frankness, it was a trait that she herself, often struggled with. However, she hoped that they could find common ground — perhaps not as friends just yet, but at least in a form of understanding. "Storms can be quite a spectacle," she said lightly, glancing at Kaino. "They have a way of bringing out true colors." It wasn't much, but she hoped it would be enough for a start.

Subtly shifting her focus to Caedes, she nodded in approval as he masterfully maneuvered the conversation to a somewhat neutral ground. Mariah couldn't help but admire his resolve. It was more than evident that he was doing his best to keep things friendly between them- and she would do her part. "As for secrets," she continued, looking at Kaino squarely, "sometimes they are kept not out of deceit but because the right moment hasn't arrived to reveal them." She paused, considering her words carefully before proceeding. “I hope you can forgive your brother for his oversight," she said, her tone earnest.

There was a quiet strength within Mariah, one that held her steady even under the weight of the intense scrutiny she felt from Kaino. She had never been one to shy away from difficult conversations, and she knew this would likely be one of many to come if she were to continue … whatever this was with Caedes.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Kaino

The Syndicate
Emira

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
05-28-2024, 04:19 PM

Caedes was so tense. It was obvious that this situation and the woman involved was weighing heavily upon him. Because Kaino was Kaino, her mind went places that it probably shouldn't. If she made a move and attacked the slender little thing, would Caedes side with her or against her? Would he go against his own blood for a piece of tail? Ah, but she was being nice, so Kai just erased those thoughts from her memory.

Mariah spoke of storms once Cae brought them up and the 'true colors' bit seemed as though it could be a jab. This whole encounter felt like a mess so far. The black and red lady continued, trying to smooth things over for Caedes with pretty words. Kaino didn't like that. Did the fae think that she could be placated with a pretty smile and a fancy plea to forgive the man? It took everything within Kaino to keep from bristling.

Mint and ice eyes swung back to rest upon the face of her brother, a tight-lipped smile on her muzzle. "Oh, I can forgive him." Kaino silently asked what he wanted from her. So he had a girl hidden in the woods. She met her. Was the job done or... did he want Kaino to lie and pretend to play extra nice? She could lay it on thick if that was what he wanted. Really, he had only himself to blame for this awkward charade. Why didn't he give her a heads up before shoving her into this meeting? Ugh.

"Kaino Saxe"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. For The Girl The Hot Springs 09:50 PM, 03-19-2024 02:42 AM, 06-12-2024