size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Double MasterScarredSnake EyesRapid Poster - Gold
03-22-2024, 01:46 PM

Redrum's pawsteps were light as he ventured towards the lake, his senses alive with the promise of a relief from boredom. As he approached the water's edge, he stopped to test the air and make sure there wouldn’t be any foes lying in wait. Like a crocodile or a hippo. That would ruin his day.

He was relieved to find no trouble, so the boy pressed onwards. The lake stretched out before him like a living, breathing entity, its borders expanding to encompass a thriving wetland teeming with life. But as the seasons shifted and summer gave way to autumn, the lake underwent a transformation, its banks receding to reveal hidden treasures beneath the surface. Here, with the lowered waters, Redrum could sense the opportunity for a little hunting or the like, the promise of fish and tubers ripe for the taking. If he could catch them, or dig them up.

""

Redrum speaks in third person, known as illeism.
He deals with neurological issues from head trauma,
Causing disruptions in speech and movement,
Making him appear twitchy, with uncontrollable tics affecting every muscle.

Assume he isn't wearing his skull mask unless specified.

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
03-22-2024, 01:54 PM

Coran enjoyed visiting the nearby lake. It was usually full of life, fish and birds flitting about the place. As a notable source of water, the lake also drew prey of various kinds. He'd had the luck to slay a small roe deer and no set about skinning it. He wanted to keep the hide in addition to eating the meat so he quickly got to work. Coran wrapped his teeth around its neck where he'd made the killing blow and slowly and methodically began to work his teeth around the neck in a ring and then slowly he started moving down the animals ventral side, looking to make a nice cut all the way down the middle. He moved particularly carefully across the belly. He didn't want to accidentally puncture the intestines and spill any staining organ fluid onto the hide.

He paused when he noticed a flicker of red in the corner of his vision. He looked up to see a red-pelted pup who looked to be almost a yearling. Not wanting to accidentally startle the boy he cleared his throat and called out. "Hello there, its a good day for fishing and hunting."

Redrum

"All my troubles on the burning pile, All lit up and I start to smile."

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Hawk-Eyed Hawk-Eyed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-22-2024, 02:18 PM

As Redrum approached the edge of the receded lake, his sharp gaze scanned the water's surface for any signs of movement. Initially, there was nothing but stillness. Then, just as his patience wavered, a sudden glimmer caught his attention – a fleeting glimpse of a fish darting beneath the surface.

Focused now, Redrum spotted a couple of fish lurking beneath a patch of duckweed, their shiny bodies barely visible. With deliberate care, he positioned himself for the perfect opportunity to strike.

However, amidst his quiet anticipation, a gentle voice interrupted the tranquility. It was subtle enough not to startle him, yet enough to draw his gaze sharply towards its source.

There stood an older man, engrossed in the task of skinning and gutting his recent catch. Redrum, knowing a good bit in the ways of a hunter, wasn't entirely surprised to see the task done. With a nod of acknowledgment, the boy greeted the stranger. "Hello- Yes. Redrum is- practicing fish-ing. Not great- at it." His words were offered cautiously but self assured.

""

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
03-22-2024, 02:27 PM

The boy spoke in an odd way and Coran guessed that his name must be Redrum. A curious name but Coran wasn't going to judge. The boy explained that he was practicing fishing. "Ahhh, yes, fishing is very tricky. I'm not very good at it either. My name is Coran by the way. Are you from around these parts?" He could smell some sort of pack scent on the boy but he wasn't quite sure which pack it belonged to. As far as he knew these lands were unclaimed but if there was a pack nearby he wanted to be careful to keep out of its way.

Seizing hold of one side of the seam that he had made Coran started to carefully pull the flesh back from the meat. He paused at several points stick his muzzle back under the hide and work a few sticking points free. It was slow work but he was patient. There was no need to rush just yet with another month or so of fall left. Coran lifted his head and sneezed for a moment as blood squirted up his nose. "Goodness! Excuse me."

Redrum

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-22-2024, 02:41 PM

Redrum observed the older man, Coran, as he deftly worked on his recent catch. There was a calm precision to Coran's movements, a familiarity born of experience. As Coran delicately separated the flesh from the meat, Redrum thought back to his mother’s lessons.

"That- is– why," Redrum began with a slight smile in acknowledgment of Coran's remark about fishing, his lips twitching as he let a spasm run its course before continuing. "Redrum needs– to practice." As the conversation unfolded, Redrum grew a bit wary of Coran's subtle attempt to discern his origins. Mother had told him before; in these lands, affiliations could carry weighty implications. Maybe not in those exact words, but same thing. “Redrum’s mother is– Queen of Insomnia.” Redrum replied vaguely, choosing not to reveal too much about his background, but dropping his own status in the process.

Suddenly, a spray of blood caught Redrum off guard, causing him to flinch instinctively– his paw sliding into the water haphazardly and spooking the fishes. "Ah." He raised a mucky pay, suppressing a chuckle at Coran's sudden sneeze that had surprised them both. And the fish.  

""

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
03-22-2024, 04:04 PM

"My apologies, young prince. I'm almost done skinning this doe, if you wish to have any of the meat I'm happy to share." He felt he at least ought to offer, noting that his sneeze had cost the boy a fish. He smiled sincerely. He had never been to Insomnia that he could recall but he made no further comment on it. Also choosing to keep his own royal status to himself this go around. Besides, he wasn't currently part of a pack and for now such a title meant little.

Coran seized the deer and with a mighty pull flipped it over onto the other side so he could finish removing the hide. He worked his teeth underneath the flesh, carefully snipping it free from the meat. Finally he had the hide free and he flipped it over and set it aside, flesh side up to begin drying a little so he could start his meal.

Redrum

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

03-22-2024, 10:23 PM

"Thank– you, Coran," Redrum responded with genuine gratitude, his eyes reflecting appreciation for the offer of sharing the spoils of Coran's hunt. Despite the interruption to his own fishing endeavors, Redrum found himself touched by the gesture. He wasn’t actually used to being called a prince, though he had been once since birth.

With a nod of acknowledgment, he watched as Coran deftly continued his task, the rhythm of his movements steady and practiced. Redrum did admire the experience of the older male, and the light hearted interaction.

As Coran flipped the deer over and skillfully removed the hide, Redrum remained silent, allowing the hunter to focus on his work. Redrum decided then to abandon his fishing in favor of drawing closer to the marbled man, tall ears perking in curiosity.

""

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Bit by Bit Wolfpaw Lake 01:46 PM, 03-22-2024 12:56 PM, 03-24-2024