size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
04-07-2024, 01:46 PM

Coran continued his exploration of Auster, becoming more and more acquainted with the unique prey species that wandered these lands. He found himself walking along a beautiful shoreline. As the waves washed onto the beach they'd stir with a glowing blue color. It was truly lovely and it would have been a perfect evening if not for the feeling that he was being followed. Coran slowed his pace, ears flicking back as he caught the sound of paws. Out of the corner of his eye he could see a pack of coyotes. Surely they weren't after him? He knew the coyotes of these lands tended to be more aggressive but even so outnumbers surely they wouldn't atta-

Coran wasn't given a chance to finish the thought as the coyotes suddenly charged, one of them howling loudly into the night.

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-07-2024, 02:39 PM

Such a heavenly view

Trixy was on a mission today. She needed to go check in with Artorias and then go see if there was a way to sneak into the falls and start tracking down Button. So she had given Beauregard a hug and left after saying her goodbyes. She promised Beau she would be back and be safe. Though he didn't know the full plan in her head. She needed to find button, make allies where she could and start working harder. She hadn't even made it far when a scent and some noises caught her ears. A pack of coyotes.

Her eyes narrowed. She had been about to go see Gav, then shove off. But this sounded more important. She could tell Gav later. After all as far as she knew she would forever be welcome within Ethne lands. She did want to make friends with Haydee as well though to solidify her relationship with the Ethne leader. That was matters for later.

She darted down the beach leaving Frank in her dust, her eyes narrowed as she came to the sight. A white brindled man about to be hounded by a pack of Coyotes. Her ears pinned and like the firecracker protector she was she dived right in. She pushed off and latched quickly onto the neck of one of the coyotes from behind and landing on its back sending it yelping to the ground. They were stupid to think a wolf would ever be left alone when she lived and breathed.

Walk, "Talk", Think

Art by Asena

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
04-07-2024, 03:17 PM

Coran spun around to face the coyotes with a snarl, his hackles raised as he tried to persuade them to abandon this foolish attack. They didn't care. One leapt for his face, he swiftly lowered his posture, throwing his shoulder forward and up into the coyotes chest while his fangs latched beneath its right armpit. He bit down hard and tossed the coyote aside. At the edges of his vision he saw a small, colorful girl come darting down to assist, colliding with one of the coyotes. Coran moved to help her but in that moment a coyote leapt onto his back, fangs in his scruff and arms wrapped around his neck. Coran twisted his head, fangs latching around the coyote's arm and digging in deep. Pressure mounted until he heard a crack and the coyote released his scruff with a loud, pained squeal.

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-07-2024, 08:28 PM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

This wasn't trixy's first time fighting Coyotes. As the one she'd jumped on hit the ground from her added weight she was quick to release it and dance off it and go to snag the next. Her eyes didn't leave the scavengers. A pack of coyotes could be deadly. She'd learned from Beau that giving an opponent an opportunity to grab her could cost her the battle. Her tail rose over her back as she displayed her dominance over these rancid creatures.

She snapped her jaws for the next ones back leg as it went for the man they had originally been going after. She grasped it's leg as another bit into her hip. The squeals of another as the male snapped something in it didn't even faze her right now. Her body stopped and jerked hard, pulling the one in her mouth hard to the right and in a circle away from the brindle male. Her lips were peeled back in a snarl as she exposed her teeth to them all. She wouldn't let anything happen if she could help it.

"Talk"
Say come on and show the world who you really are

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
04-08-2024, 06:28 PM

Coran held his grip as the coyote squirmed, twisting his head to toss it off of him. The coyote hit the ground hard and scrambled to its three good feet. With its tail between its legs the coyote started limping off. The other one he'd previously thrown then charged at him. Coran leapt for the coyote. As it tried to dive beneath him his head shot down, snagging the coyote by the scruff, just behind the ears which made it all but impossible for the coyote to bite back. Coran shook the little beast vigorously, before tossing that one aside. It seemed to get the message the second time around, scrambling to its feet and limping off. He could feel the blood warm on the back of his neck but the fight was not over yet. He raced to the side of the girl, hackles raised, teeth bared, putting on a show to intimidate the remaining coyotes into following their wounded bretheren.

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-08-2024, 06:48 PM

Such a heavenly view

Just as she tossed the one the other got back up and charged for her. Bad decision for the vermin. She charged back. Letting her head drop and that deadly horn meet the thing on its shoulder. Her jaws in that same instance aimed to grab hold of the leg of it as it snapped onto her ear. She was quick to use her forward momentum to then lift it and throw it off her. Man did these things reek. It was yelping when it landed, likely breaking something.

It stood quickly and ran off and the remaining one, well she turned to face it just as the male was jumping to stand beside her. It was smart enough though as it tucked its tail and ran for it. She waited until she was certain they were all gone before she folded her back legs and shook out her coat from the sand and the blood that was dribbling down her ear.

" glad I was able to help ya drive em off. Names Bellatrix Ravenwood." she turned her head to look at the male. A grin on her face as she spoke.

Walk, "Talk", Think

Art by Asena

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
04-08-2024, 07:24 PM

Coran sighed in relief as the remaining coyotes finally turned tail and ran. "Thank you for your assistance, Bellatrix. I'm Coran Adravendi." He shook out his coat, seeking to work the rest of the adrenaline out through his muscles as he took another deep breath. Coran was no slouch when it came to fighting but it was rarely his first course of action. "Do you live around here? I'm visiting Auster to do some hunting. Truth be told I wasn't expecting to be the hunted today." He knew the coming of winter could make some animals desperate but he supposed with spring only just arriving there were some still ravenous from winters grip.  Or perhaps he'd just found a gang of bullies. Wolves would pick on and maul each other for little reason, why would coyotes be any different?

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-08-2024, 08:01 PM
Bellatrix

She dipped her head and grinned as he introduced himself. It wasn't but a few seconds later and she could see Frank trotting in their direction. Her grin grew wider at the sight of her friend. She moved to check up on Frank when he came to a stop near her. All her stuff seemed to be on his back still. Which was good. Coran moved on to ask a question and she turned her head to him.

"kind of, my home was taken by some jerks, I'm looking to get it back from them though. If your gonna be in auster for hunting do be careful, the cat population over winter kind of congregated south of here in a clowder and they seem keen on eating wolves. Ethne was having some problems with them." she figured she should at least tell him. She wouldn't want to know he had become a tiger's snack.

"Talk, 'Think.'
We're beautiful creatures

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
04-08-2024, 09:09 PM

Coran's ears perked up at the sound of something approaching. He blinked in surprise as a little reindeer arrived and approached the girl. He noticed the belongings on its back and quickly realized it was some sort of companion. He wasn't sure if the creature spoke but either way he wished to be polite and nodded to the reindeer in greeting. The girl mentioned that her pack had been taken over and followed that up by stating there was a group of felines that had congregated in Auster. "Are they a group of bachelor lions by chance? I've had a run in with such beasts… twice. He was starting to think it was definitely a good idea to settle his band up in Boreas once he got it started.

"If I may ask, do you know who overthrew your pack? I'm looking to get a Band started myself and I'm wondering who I need to avoid."

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-08-2024, 10:22 PM
Bellatrix

She couldn't help but smile as he greeted Frank. The reindeer wasn't verbal nor seemed aware of the gesture to him by the man, though frank did turn his head and give a quick sniff in the man's direction before deciding to just watch between the two wolves.

Trixy shook her head as the man asked about the cats being lions. "I dont think there were any. I know there were tigers and from what I understand some leopards or something similar. I only had a run in with a tiger though since my home was far enough away from where they seemed to be congregating."

She was happy to supply the man with information about the issues. Seeing as he was wanting to be around in auster for some time. Her ears pricked though at his next words. He was looking to start a band. Best to tell him so he didn't have the unfortunate take over that she had. "I don't know who they are exactly or what they call themselves, but they were more than just your ordinary band of ruffians. Their leader was a purple man with gold stripes on his rump, and a green eye and purple eye. They kidnapped my little brother, used him as leverage against my father and threatened to tear every pack member apart if we didn't leave and made my father give them his crown or they would of shredded my brother. Barbarians of the worst sort if you ask me. I'm working on getting my father's crown back, I won't stand idly by while they destroy all of Ardent." she put every feeling behind her statement she had. She wasn't just upset about it. She felt like it was her job to make sure that their pack didn't last long.

"Talk, 'Think.'

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
04-09-2024, 06:01 PM

Coran was grateful he hadn't run into a tiger yet. He would do his best to keep it that way but so far he couldn't say luck had been in his favor. Every time he'd ventured into Auster he'd been attacked by something. Coyotes, lions, bears, it was all getting quite exhausting.

He listened carefully as the girl described the band of ruffians led by a purple man with bi-colored eyes. She explained how they'd kidnapped a pup as leverage to seize a pack. Coran's muzzle wrinkled in disgust. Such barbaric tactics! And cowardly to boot. "I wish you luck in that endeavor. It is a shame to see a pack fall do to the great cruelty of egotistical cowards."

He sighed, but collected himself. "I best be on my way, though if you're hungry at all I am thinking of getting a trap made to get some dinner. You'd be welcome to join me."

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-10-2024, 08:54 PM
Bellatrix

She couldn't agree more with the man. The cruelty of those jerks had been shocking. Though it felt like alot that happened lately was just as shocking. Her dad not wanting to fight back, gav having his weird incident, and some other stuff. She shook the thoughts away. "I wish you luck with your band too. Perhaps we might be allies one day." she gave him a genuine smile and a wag of her short tail.

Then he spoke of another subject. One that had her ears pricking with interest and intrigue. A man who crafted things to catch his dinner. The concept was in her interest category and she was none than happy to take him up on that offer. "I'm not hungry currently but im all for helping you make your trap if you wanna teach me how to make it. My fathers would probably appreciate me learning it too." her tail started wagging in her excitement to learn more.

"Talk, 'Think.'

[/color][/b]

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
04-11-2024, 06:10 PM

"Thank you, I would like that." It wouldn't hurt to start building connections now and he admired the girl's drive and ambition. She seemed to have her heart in the right place. Bellatrix agreed that she was interested in learning to make a trap even if she wasn't hungry. Coran smiled. "Certainly, I was going to make a basket trap for fish. There are some good reeds and rivercane over here that should work." he headed toward where the river met the mouth of the ocean and a swatch of shrubs and small trees were growing. Coran set his mind to chewing on the canes until he had a decent number.

"We'll need to make a big basket and a smaller one to fit inside it."

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-11-2024, 07:24 PM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

She was more than ready to work on alliances even though she didn't have a pack just yet. Even if he didn't have his band just yet either he seemed to be a good sort. At least as far as first impressions went.

And when he started talking about the trap she gave him her full attention. Her ears pricked and she nodded as he spoke of the type of trap he wished to create. They would need reeds and canes he said and she set forth moving with him to where he indicated. A brief nod before she watched how he seemed to get the canes cut down. He used his teeth and she gave a thoughtful look. The cuts would be jagged if he did it all that way. She turned her head to snatch her dagger out of its sheath.

While he got the canes she set about looking for strong yet flexible reeds. She used her paws to bend them close to their bases and then her dagger to cut them loose. Once she felt like she had cut enough, she sheathed the dagger and worked on piling them up. Her head and face then turning to him for further directions. He had the floor per say.

"Talk"

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
04-12-2024, 06:56 PM

Coran carried the reeds from the river bank and set them down, smiling as the girl returned with reeds that she'd cut with her dagger. "That is a fine knife, where did you find it?" He made a mental note to try and find something similar for himself, both for crafting and also for attack.

"I'll go ahead and make the bigger basket if you want to make the smaller one. The next step is to cut the rivercane to the size you want and jab the ends into the dirt in a circle, like this." Taking the canes in his jaws he chewed through to the desired size. Then turning his head he stuck the river cane poles in a circle in the ground to create a frame for him to weave the reeds around. He aimed to give it a 2 foot diameter.

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-12-2024, 07:52 PM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

She gave a grin as he commented on her knife. "Not sure where it came from but one of my dad's gave me it so I could defend myself and those I love better." she turned back to her reeds and grabbed a mouthful of them before moving back to the water side.

She nodded as he spoke and she deposited her reeds on the ground near his. And as he showed her how to start she watched intently. She could see Tanelan enjoying this for sure, she made a mental note to show Tanelan how to make the trap later. She followed suit on how he stabbed his reeds into the ground making hers about half as wide as his, though she felt like hers was not as perfectly round. "like this?" she looked over to him for guidance on what was next.

"Talk"

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
04-12-2024, 08:10 PM

The knife had been a gift from one of her fathers. For a moment Coran was surprised but he swiftly processed the information and moved on from it. It wasn't often he'd met a male couple with children, come to think of it this would be the first he'd known of. He couldn't help but wonder what had happened with the mother, if the girl and been abandoned shortly after birth or if something else had happened. Either way it seemed like they were raising a brave and altruistic young lady.

Coran paused in his examining of the reeds to look over at the work she'd done. "Yes, excellent, that is looking good. Now comes the tedious part. We must start weaving the reeds around the basket, under a tine then over, under and over, pulling tighter and tighter til it all comes together at the top making a cone shape."

Coran moved to demonstrate. Using his teeth as well as his paws he started to weave the vines through the poles, starting at the base and using his jaws to maneuver the strands while his paws held them in place so he could get the next cane into position. He worked with his weaving, pulling tighter and tighter as he worked, using his paws to help behind the rivercane inwards. When he finally got to the top he wrapped the reeds several times around the top, tying a few knots to help hold the basket together.

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-13-2024, 01:10 AM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

Her tail wagged as he said she had done it right. Good she really wanted to be able to show Tanelan how to do this later. So far it wasn't too hard. And she watched as he started weaving the reeds, taking note of the alternating pattern and the way he was tying them off.

Looked easy enough. She started mimicking him, using the tip of her horn to gently push rows together. She didn't want to disappoint the man and make him lose his dinner. She weaved the reeds until she was at the point of needing to bend the reeds together and looked over at his to compare them. His was definitely prettier. She was definitely going to need to practice. She watched as he quietly worked before she started to continue to mimic his work. She was concentrating so hard on doing the weaving too.

"Talk"

Coran

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (260)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
04-13-2024, 11:54 AM

Coran held a paw on top of his basket as he leaned over to check, smiling and nodding at the work she was doing. "Good work! Now for your smaller basket, you'll need to set it on its side and sharpen the end of the baskets ribs with your knife. After you're done with that, I'll tie the smaller basket into the larger one." The sharp points on the smaller basket would help prevent fish from swimming out of the trap.

Coran waited til she finished then gently took the smaller basket and set it inside the larger one, using a few of the reeds to tie the two together.

Bellatrix

Loner

Master Fighter (280)

Advanced Hunter (65)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player
Asena

Pride - Bisexual
04-13-2024, 12:29 PM
Bellatrix Ravenwood

She nodded as he spoke, finishing with weaving the strands she was working on. After tying them up and admiring her handiwork in comparison to his she did as he instructed, using her horn to gently pull the basket out of the ground. Then she did as he instructed using her knife to gently sharpen the ends of the basket that had been in the dirt and sand.

Once she had all the points sharpened she sheathed her knife once more and watched how he weaved the two together. "so what do you intend to bait it with or do you not bait it?" curiosity colored her voice as she excitedly waited to see how he intended to use it.

"Talk"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Somebody's Watching Me The Shimmering Shore 01:46 PM, 04-07-2024 09:04 PM, 05-27-2024