size
Large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualPride - Pansexual
04-09-2024, 04:44 PM
Barghest’s world shifted abruptly when her father had decided to dissolve their Ashen Empire and take their family away to join Elysium, an ally pack. The girl was angry. Dissatisfied. With the dissolution of what had been, she found herself thrust into unfamiliar territory, where the scent of her old home lingered only as a bittersweet memory. She felt… like part of her identity had been lost. Not the rank itself, no, never, she wasn’t so blind to harsh reality to pine after a mere status… but fuck. It was gone in an instant. Everything she was growing into, and a bit of her pride in her family with it.

In Elysium, Barghest's once royal status meant nothing. She was but a lowly member, relegated to the outskirts of the pack’s hierarchy. The wolves of Elysium, proud and powerful, paid her no heed, treating her with indifference. Partly her own fault, seeing as she had morphed into an even more so snarky little miss. Who could blame her? She had wanted to go out and explore past the borders, but now she felt like the cost had been too great. Once confident and haughty, Barghest now found herself adrift in a sea of unfamiliar faces, her pride shattered like fragile glass. No longer did she command respect with mere presence alone; instead, she navigated her new surroundings with caution, her once callous yet disciplined demeanor softened and soured by uncertainty.

Her days were spent in solitude, prowling the edges of the pack’s territory, silently observing the bustling life of Elysium. It was as though every step she took, a frown on her face as the mottled girl paced, that she was debating running off and leaving. With a huff and an irritated flick of her tail she plopped her rump down onto the ground, her gaze staring off into the distance. Stay or go. Go and come back? Go and explore. Go and see the ashes of.. Ashen?

""

Barghest is an androgynous woman, meaning she exhibits both masculine and feminine traits at the same time.

Aliana

"The Ash and Snow Queen"

Elysium
Nurse

Master Healer (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Joe

1KThe Ooze ParticipantPride - Bisexual
04-16-2024, 04:48 PM
Being a mother was a never-ending job, especially when you were looking after almost double digit children. Couple that with the collapse of their stable lifestyle and her mate falling ill once more—perhaps this time to never recover again—and Aliana was... not having a great time. But she kept moving, kept her calm disposition and a brave face on for her children. She knew all of this would be infinitely harder on their young hearts and minds than it ever would be on hers and they needed her to be strong for their sake. There was so much confusion, so much uncertainty to deal with, and Aliana had to be the rock in the storm for not just her family, but for all of what remained of Ashen. Walking through the aftermath of Chimera's fateful decision was difficult, to say the least, but what other choice did she have? She had to do her best for her family. They relied on her and she couldn't let them down.

Of all her children, Barghest was handling it the worst of the bunch. The girl, once proud and aloof, was now sullen and reserved. It broke Aliana's heart to see her little girl (well, not so little anymore she supposed), struggling so. Settling into a new pack and a new way of life was difficult even for adults. To a pup? Well, it might as well have been the end of the world. So Ali sought out her daughter, following her scent across the bridge from Alias Island to the nearby lake, where Estie was sitting and just watching everything around her, silent and kept to herself. Ali's heart broke again as she watched her child, approaching with soft footfalls to come sit beside her growing girl who now towered almost a full foot over her mother.

"Mind if I join you, Estie? I wanted to see how beautiful the lake was this time of year," she spoke in her dulcet tones, watching the way the sunlight danced over the rippling waters, surrounded by the fiery colors of autumn on the surrounding trees. Ali looked up with a tender smile to her daughter, aquamarine eyes soft and empathetic. "Oh, I recognize that look. Your father scowls just like that when something's bothering him. What's on your mind, my sweet girl?"

"Aliana"

As her mate, Chimera may enter any thread Aliana is in.

Barghest

Obscura
Philosopher

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (280)

An icon representing the specialty Blessed Blessed

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualPride - Pansexual
04-26-2024, 04:24 PM
Aliana's gentle presence beside her brought a slight easing to the tension in Barghest's shoulders, though the weight of her troubled thoughts remained heavy upon her. She appreciated her mother's attempt to distract her with the beauty of the lake and the surrounding autumn scenery, but Barghest couldn't shake the feeling of displacement that had settled within her like an unwelcome guest. Which was what she currently felt like.

Turning her gaze towards her mother, Barghest found the familiar warmth of Aliana's aquamarine eyes, a small comfort considering the chaos of their new reality. Yet, as much as she longed to confide in her mother, to unburden her heart and soul, a stubborn pride held her back. How could she admit her struggles when her mother had so much on her plate already? The mention of her father’s scowl only reminded Barghest – Her father was sick, to boot. The mottled girl moved to lean against her smaller mother, if only just enough, not putting her full weight into the affectionate touch.

“It's nothing, Mother,” Barghest replied softly, her voice calm but a hint of reluctance made its way out even still. “Just... adjusting to everything, I suppose. It's all so different here, and I... I miss home.” The words spilled out in a rush, betraying the turmoil that churned within her. Tratorious tongue! She had never been one to wear her heart on her sleeve, but could you blame her? She wasn’t even a yearling yet.

Barghest cast her gaze back out across the tranquil waters of the lake, the reflection of the autumn leaves shimmering in the sunlight. “I miss the way things used to be,” She admitted,  whispering it like it was a crime to speak such words. “I… belonged somewhere, I had a purpose. Now... now I feel lost.” The girl, with all her boyish features and attitude couldn’t help but melt into the puddle of uncertainty she truly was in the presence of her mother, here where there was no one else to see her crumble.
""

Barghest is an androgynous woman, meaning she exhibits both masculine and feminine traits at the same time.

Aliana

"The Ash and Snow Queen"

Elysium
Nurse

Master Healer (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Joe

1KThe Ooze ParticipantPride - Bisexual
06-06-2024, 11:18 PM
At her gentle behest, Estie began to reveal the depths of her woes at her own pace, Aliana letting her larger daughter lean against her and find the loving comfort of a devoted mother there for her child. Aliana did not interrupt all the while Barghest was speaking, listening intently to her daughter's sullen words with a sadness for her child's struggles. A dainty snowy paw lifted to rest over top of Estie's closest paw, looking up at her with gentle eyes and a tender smile that never seemed to leave her face whenever she was interacting with her children. She wanted to let her children know that it was always okay to be themselves and to be open about their feelings with her. Ali was a bit of a therapist at times, to her children, to her husband, to her friends, to everyone.

Hearing that Barghest was having trouble adjusting to their new lives wasn't unexpected, but neither was it something Aliana could easily fix. All she could do was try to make the adjustments as comfortable as possible for them all. "I know, sweetheart. Change is never easy, nor is losing what makes you feel safe and stable. I miss our home too. I miss having you and all your brothers and sisters around. I wish every day that we could turn back the clock to those days." Ali hoped that by sharing her own emotions and innermost feelings, maybe Estie would find she wasn't alone in her struggles. Feeling like you were alone was often a fate worse than death. "Maybe one day, we will all live those days again. After all, this isn't the first time we've lost our home due to your father's illness."

Aliana waited for the weight of her words to hit Barghest. The logical follow up question would be when they had lost their home the first time, and Ali was prepared with the tale. "Did you know that long before you were born, your father ruled his own pack down in Auster? He was the king of Fenmyre, an island paradise made in his image. He was king, and I his queen. We had just had your older brothers and everything seemed perfect." Aliana breathed a wistful sigh, the smile on her face as she lost herself in the memories of the past slowly slipping from her muzzle. "That was the first time your father fell grievously ill. He had to relinquish control of Fenmyre, and we left Ardent to travel the world to find a cure for him." Aquamarine eyes dipped down to the placid waters of the lake, glassy and distant as the memories continued. "It was difficult for us then too. Your brothers began to drift away from the family. I felt like we'd lost everything..."

Drawing in a deep breath of the crisp autumn air, Aliana lifted her gaze up to meet the matching aqua eyes of her daughter, the gentle smile returning to her lips. "But then your father began to get better, and once he was well enough we returned home, to Ashen, where we had you and your siblings. He was a king again, I was his queen, and I had my family once more." Ali's paw patted the top of Estie's reassuringly. "You see, my darling, just because things change now doesn't mean they'll stay this way forever. Life is full of curves and surprises. It's difficult in the moment, but one day you'll look back on this time and realize how strong you've grown because of it." Tipping her head to one side a few degrees while she considered her daughter's predicament about her purpose and direction, Ali spoke softly, "Perhaps we need to find you something to focus your time and energy on. A purpose, like you said. You're passionate about fighting. Have you thought about maybe helping the Elysium warriors with their training, or seeing if you could lead some spars?"

"Aliana"

As her mate, Chimera may enter any thread Aliana is in.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. 'Cause it's the only thing I wanted Firefly Lake 04:44 PM, 04-09-2024 01:24 AM, 07-07-2024