size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Aislyn

Double MasterBest BudsCritical Dodge!Rapid Poster - SilverOoh La La
04-12-2024, 12:09 AM

A metallic tinge clung to Sephiran’s pelt, rolling off into the atmosphere in waves- a stark reminder of the violence that just transpired. Splatters of his brother’s blood spread across his chest. Having succumbed to his desire for revenge, satiating the festering anger that had been all-consuming. But at what cost? His body felt stiff, each step labored and cumbersome, exhaustion evident in the way he carried himself through the forest. It was both physical and mental; the growing rift that formed between himself and Cifarelli, a deeply painful and complex situation. The profound sensation of neutral and hurt eating away at his mind, dominating his thoughts as he headed towards the healers' den Caedes had claimed for himself. The scarred male was his newly appointed Effendi Haakim; a leadership role that came with a sense of pride and responsibility, and Sephiran wanted to ensure Caedes understood that. It would also take his mind off Cifarelli for a moment.

Arriving at the den’s entrance, Sephiran releases a deep, commanding woof before entering Caedes’ domain. His senses are overwhelmed by the herbal aroma, the gentle murmur of a bubbling cauldron humming in the background. His gaze adjusts to the lighting, pools of amethyst and emerald settling upon the mangled frame of his lead physician. “Caedes,” He grumbles in greeting, charging the space with his aura of condense and authority. His gaze is steady and unwavering, as he surveys the male with a sense of assuredness and control. “Tell me; what will your first task as Effendi Haakim be?” It sounds like a trick question, but Sephiran is truly curious- searching the male for any inclination of a readiness to please his Sultan.

"Sephiran Saxe"
Caution: Sephiran is a rated M character. Viewer discretion is advised.

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
04-19-2024, 09:22 PM

Caedes lifted his head, his emeralds glinting in the dim light of the den as Sephiran's commanding presence filled the space. The metallic tang of blood hung in the air, which prompted the marred brute to look his Sultan and cousin over for injuries. “Sephiran.” Caedes rumbled in response, his voice deep and measured in respect for his cousin's authority. He shifted his weight, the scars criss crossing his massive frame catching the light in jagged patterns. “Do you seek the standard answer, the one about ensuring our pack's well-being both physically and mentally?” Caedes asked, his gaze steady and intense as it met Sephiran's. “Or would you prefer the full truth?”

“I aim to bolster our ranks of healers,” He continued, his tone resolute yet tinged with assurance. “Maintaining our supplies, keeping our members healthy, and delving deeper into the study of poisons and their applications in weaponry.” Caedes paused, his expression reflecting both thoughtfulness and determination. He wasn't sure how much interest Sephiran held in the healing arts, but he wanted his cousin to understand his commitment to this aspect of their pack's welfare. Anyways’ Sephiran should know well enough that Caedes had a vested interest in toxins and experimentation.

Then, a more personal matter surfaced in his mind. Caedes knew he wasn't the most eloquent speaker, so he opted for directness. “I've met a woman,” He stated simply. “She's the sister of an Alpha, part of a Matriarchy. I wish to continue seeing her. It may prove beneficial. Though regardless I have a personal interest.”

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.

Sephiran

The Syndicate
Sultan

Master Fighter (380)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Aislyn

04-29-2024, 01:38 AM

As he settles in front of Caedes, the Sultan tilts his chin up and to the side; revealing the superficial bite wound on his upper chest / lower throat, a pattern of teeth etched into his flesh. His blood mingled with the dried splattered on his chest, forming trickling streams of red that contrasted against a backdrop of celestial colors. It was a silent command for Caedes to treat the wound, which he expected him to heed without hesitation.

And when Caedes responded to his question, Sephiran’s lips pressed into a tight line, ears turned forward to absorb each and every word. Every glance was laden with unspoken words, the space between them pulsating with their matched intensity, as Caedes did not back down from the electric tension that radiated from Sephiran’s frame. The scarred male had always been this way. Never challenging his superiority, but not tucking tail and quivering in the Sultan’s wake either. It was both commendable and perplexing.

Sephiran couldn’t hide the slight curling of his lips at the mention of poisons and applying them to weapons; his expression exuding a cruel satisfaction at the thought of poisoning their enemies. “Very well,” He’d say, dark and calculating eyes glinting with a sinister gleam that surveyed the possibilities of Caedes’ malevolent ploys. “Continue to collect venom from the serpents as well.” He’d add, wanting to use the toxins in battle as well. They could never be too careful.

Rolling his shoulders back, Sephiran releases a slow exhale, a look of interest washing across his features at the male’s confession. A woman whose sister is an alpha… but of a matriarchy. The disappointment etched into his face is apparent, brows furrowing as his lips pulled into a firm, pressed line. “Matriarchy?”  He echos, head tilting to the side. “Where is this pack?” He’d wait to speak about Caedes’ wanting to see this girl; right now, he wanted more information on this... matriarchy.

"Sephiran Saxe"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

05-07-2024, 04:52 PM

Caedes observed Sephiran's wound with a practiced eye, noting the pattern of teeth etched into his cousin's flesh. Without hesitation, he moves forward to tend to the injury, his movements precise as always. He examines it for debris, but as it is so fresh there is nothing to do but apply a salve and watch for infection. He could smell Cifarelli on Sephiran’s pelt, but he made no mention of it. He knew what had happened, and he needed nor wanted to hear the explanation. So the brute padded away for a moment, gathering some materials before coming back to his patient and setting to work creating a fresh mixture of herbs to apply.  As he worked, he remained attuned to Sephiran's every word and gesture.

At Sephiran's response to his plans regarding poisons, Caedes offered a subtle nod, his own satisfaction evident in the faint curl of his lips. When the conversation shifted to the woman, to Mariah, Caedes paused briefly, considering his next words carefully. “The pack, Elysium, is situated to the east of us, we’ve had no dealings with them thus far.” He replied evenly, his gaze unwavering as he glanced from his remedy to check its consistency and then back to meet his Sultan’s gaze. “The surname Mendacium – They adhere to tradition, and superstition. Soul bonds. Rituals. But they are a Hallow ally. I do not know how strong their alliance is, only that they are one part of the coalition of the biggest packs.” He didn't elaborate further on the exact details Mariah had told him of Elysium itself, knowing that Sephiran's interest would be fixated on the potential alliances and threats over their daily life.

Before Sephiran pressed for more details, Caedes met his cousin's gaze head-on, his own expression betraying nothing. “I will provide you with more information once I have gathered it.” He stated firmly, his voice carrying an underlying tone of determination. With that, Caedes returned his attention to treating Sephiran's wound, his mind already turning towards the next steps he’d need to take as he began to apply the salve. He did hope, however, that his cousin would not pry about Mariah. Though he assured the other brute he would seek more information, it was hardly his goal to give out her family's weaknesses if he could help it. That would... hurt her.

"speaking"

Sephiran

The Syndicate
Sultan

Master Fighter (380)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Aislyn

05-12-2024, 02:14 AM

As Sephiran listened to Caedes, he was intently focused on the scarred male, his gaze unwavering as he slowly processed every word. He earned a slight furrow of his brow at the mention of this pack being so close. Situated to the East. With Hemlock to the South, and now a matriarchy to the East, they were neighbors with two packs, it seemed. Which didn’t make Sepiran too happy. The irritation became evident in the way his face contorted; his muzzle scrunched slightly, whiskers twitching and brow furrowing as he waited for Caedes to tell him more.

And the next bit of information, well… to say it angered Sephiran, would be an understatement. A Hallows ally. His eyes suddenly dull with a cold bitterness, the visceral reaction of hatred welling inside of his chest, leaving a bitter taste on his tongue. He becomes tense, pelt bristling as a sneer of disdain curls the corners of his mouth inward. I will provide more information once I have gathered it. By now, Sephiran is boiling, one of his paws raising to stop Caedes from applying the salve he’d concocted. Their gazes lock, the world around them fading, leaving only the charged atmosphere crackling between them.

“Then she is our enemy.” His words slice through the silence like a blade, hard and venomous, dripping in disdain and malice. “Have you forgotten, Caedes?” Sephiran’s jaw tightens, a bulge forming alongside his face as he grits his teeth. Memories of Artorias’ threats plague his mind. “They want to eradicate us. Slaughter us. Hang our pelts on their walls and claim the genocide was for the better good. He nearly hisses, reminding Caedes of the threats the Hallows issued against their bloodline. Against him. “And you wish to see this girl?” Liar, liar, liar. Now, the persecutory delusions were leaking into Sephrian’s mind, crawling from the dark corners to cloud his judgment. “Knowing this, what is your personal interest?" So accusatory. Was Caedes conspiring with them? Was he playing both sides? Was he their spy?  

"Sephiran Saxe"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

05-16-2024, 06:58 PM

As Sephiran's gaze bore into him, Caedes remained composed, his demeanor unfaltering despite the storm brewing within his cousin. The mention of the neighboring pack situated to the East seemed to unsettle Sephiran, evident in the subtle furrow of his brow and the tense set of his features. Oh what thoughts must have been plaguing the paranoid brute now.

However, it was the revelation of Elysium's alliance with the Hallows that ignited a flame of fury within Sephiran, visible in the cold, bitter glare he directed towards Caedes. The mere thought of aligning with a pack considered their enemy triggered a visceral reaction, transforming Sephiran's demeanor into one of contempt and hostility.

When Sephiran halted Caedes's attempt to apply the salve, their gazes locked in a charged confrontation, the air thick with tension. Sephiran's words cut through the silence like a sharpened blade, dripping with venomous disdain. The memory of Artorias' threats obviously  loomed large in his mind, fueling his animosity towards any potential alliances with their enemies.

Caedes remained stoic under Sephiran's accusatory gaze, meeting his cousin's intensity with a calm resolve. “I haven't forgotten, Sephiran.” He replied evenly, his voice carrying a likeness to steel. “But knowledge is power, and understanding our enemies' movements is essential to our survival. Rhazien and his politics would assure you of the same.” Didn’t their uncle have Sephiran’s ear with topics like this, perhaps that would put him back in a more rational mindset.

As Sephiran's suspicions escalated, Caedes's resolve hardened. “My interest will not harm the Syndicate.” He asserted, his tone unwavering — but with his cousin sounding so… volatile, what could he do other than feed him what he wants to hear? “I seek information to safeguard us. You may think consorting with our enemies is condemnable, but what if I were to gain access to the inner workings of their pack, and take her for my own in the end?” The words were like bile in his throat, but he said them anyway. Even if part of him reveled in speaking the words out loud. As the tension crackled between them, Caedes held back a deeper truth, one he kept buried beneath layers of duty and loyalty. However, revealing such sentiments to Sephiran was out of the question, especially in the midst of their heated exchange. So, he had to mask it behind something Sephiran might resonate with hearing.

The accusatory tone in Sephiran's voice had stung, but Caedes met it with steadfast assurance. “I am no traitor, cousin.” He stated firmly, his gaze unwavering. “I stand with you, against any who threaten our kin. But she will be mine.” At this admission he stared intensely at his Sultan. Possession, pure obsession dancing in his gaze, haunting his thoughts as he grappled with the possibility of any harm coming to her. Yet, as his words hung in the air, Caedes felt compelled to offer a warning, a promise to protect Mariah at all costs that he could not bite his tongue on. “Sephiran.” He began, his voice steady. “If it were Aurelia, wouldn't you feel the same?

"speaking"

Sephiran

The Syndicate
Sultan

Master Fighter (380)

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Aislyn

06-09-2024, 02:46 PM

Deep baritones filled the space between them, Caedes meeting Sephiran’s disdain with even, neutral tones. He’d never been one to get riled up like Sephiran - who had a rather short fuse - always keeping a stoic expression and an air of neutrality. But right now, it did nothing to soothe Sephiran’s animosity. With every word, the Sultan’s piercing gaze bore deeper into Caedes’, assessing every subtle change in his expression, every word, every twitch of a muscle beneath his scarred pelt. Looking for any inclination of disloyalty. Perhaps the purple Saxe was projecting his hatred for the Ashen empire on his cousin’s interests. But he was incapable of acknowledging it.

Caedes spoke of politics, knowledge, and power. Concluding with a reminder of his commitment to his family- to Sephiran’s empire. But even with his oath, the tension between them grew more palpable, Sephiran’s rage festering as he glared at him. He was teetering on the the edge of explosion, his claws digging into the soil as he resisted the urge to lunge for the male’s throat. “Do not speak her name.” He seethes, regarding his comment about Aurelia. Just as possession and obsession danced in Caedes’ emerald eyes, it did the same in Sephiran’s- only, it was maniacal, bordering on insanity, and fueled by irrational thoughts. A misconception that Sephiran loved the azure fae. Caedes was not to speak her name out of turn- it sounded bitter on his tongue, and Sephiran didn't like it.

But he shifts away from Aurelia, returning to the burning topic at paw. “Remember these words, Caedes.” His gaze narrows sharper, tongue rolling from his maw to slide across his saber fangs. “If you use this interest to gain information, to gain access to the inner workings of their pack. If you take her as your own and slaughter those who threaten my Empire.” His words are venomous, laced with an underlying threat. "I may turn a blind eye." It was a truly generous offer, one that would come to fruition of Caedes proved this interest was beneficial to his kingdom.

But Sephiran was not done. “But if your loyalty starts to waiver… if you abandon my empire in pursuit of this woman.” His lips curl tighter, revealing another flash of sharp fangs. “I will kill you both.” Having grown up in Saffron, Caedes knew the punishment for abandoning the empire. Once fealty was declared, only death could tear them apart.

"Sephiran Saxe"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A Meeting of Minds The Polar Sound 12:09 AM, 04-12-2024 01:25 PM, 06-20-2024