Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
04-15-2024, 06:18 PM
As the sun began to set on the last days of autumn, Aresenn stood at the edge of the Armada territory. He gazed out into the vast expanse of gnarled trees, their branches reaching towards the sky like twisted fingers. The golden light of the fading sun cast an eerie glow over the forest, adding to the already foreboding atmosphere. Though he had journeyed to this place many times before, there was a new sense of apprehension that hung in the air. The former Warlord, with whom Aresenn had made agreements for safe passage through these lands, was no longer in power. With a new leader at the helm, anything could have changed.

But rather than approaching in a casual nature as he had in the past, Aresenn chose to show respect and wait at the border. The air was crisp and cool, scented with fallen leaves and the distant promise of winter. As he scanned his surroundings, Aresenn's senses were heightened and focused. His keen eyesight pierced through the dense foliage, watchful of anything worth his concern.

Taking a deep breath to center himself, Aresenn called out in a clear and projecting tone for an audience with the new Warlord. In true warrior fashion, he stood tall and relaxed but always alert, ready to greet whoever emerged from the depths of this mysterious forest and answer his call.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
04-16-2024, 11:15 PM

Calls for him at the border were slowly becoming part of his routine. He lifted his head, pausing in his task to listen to the caller. The deep tones of a stranger singing for his presence. He shook his coat, dismissing his battle ready defences. “Work on your form, I’ll be back in a bit.” He ordered his slave, before trotting into the forest and heading for the border that marked the edge of Mile High woods.

The red toned wolf he found there wasn’t entirely a stranger. There was something strangely familiar about this wolf. Both his coat and his scent, if not his voice. Basilisk couldn’t quite put a paw on what it was.

He dipped his head to the smaller wolf, noting how the yellow eyed creature was almost half his size. A fact of life he had long gotten accustomed to. “I am Basilisk, the new Warlord here. You called?” He asked

"Speech"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

Master Intellectual (244)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
04-17-2024, 03:02 AM
"Yes, I did," Aresenn affirmed, his gaze steady on the larger wolf. The newcomer dwarfed him in size, yet he held his ground, refusing to let himself be intimidated. His pupils dilated in the dimming light as he took in the details of the new Warlord - obsidian and azure coat, piercing eyes, and an aura of absolute authority. A worthy successor for sure.

"My name is Aresenn Praetor," he introduced himself with a curt nod of his head. He had never seen Basilisk before, but he had heard of him. The brute’s reputation had preceded him in many ways - some good, some not so good. "I am here to revisit the agreement I had Sirius, to ensure there is no confusion or misconceptions" he declared, his tone firm yet respectful. "I have grown close with Andromeda, and after aiding in the flood, I have been allowed to visit her freely upon announcing myself at the border. I understand Sirius’ arrangements are not your own. But respectfully, I had hoped that this would continue to be allowed." He didn't bargain, he didn't plead. He stated his case and waited for the answer.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
04-17-2024, 10:15 PM

The wolf introduced himself, and he realised where he recognised this wolf from. This was the one who had rescued Andy in the flood. The Warlord listened curiously as the red wolf spoke of an agreement with Sirius - explaining why his scent was somewhat familiar as well.

“I see.” He said after a moment. He wasn’t sure how he felt about letting this wolf into the pack lands unchecked. His scent spoke of a pack, and not one the Warlord recognised. His allegiances were unknown, other than his apparent interest in his Aunt. “The Market place is neutral ground, and there are places there where a wolf might catch some privacy-” He didn’t want to know nor cared what this wolf and his Aunt got up to. -”Which could serve you until you and I got to know each other a little better. At which point, we could revise. What’s the name of the pack you belong to?” He asked, indicating with his snout towards the other - and the scent he carried.

"Speech"

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
04-19-2024, 12:44 AM
Upon hearing the new Warlord's response, Aresenn stood more rigidly. The refusal to honor the previous agreement didn't exactly surprise him- he had anticipated it, which was the reason why he was even here having this discussion in the first place- but even still, it was a slight disappointment. His amber gaze remained locked with Basilisk’s as he listened to the proposition, analyzing the words meticulously. The marketplace was neutral ground, but it would never be as intimate as the observatory. As much as his pride flared a bit at the idea of having to 'get to know' this wolf better in order to continue his visits, he understood from a logical standpoint. He would likely do the same if he were in Basilisk's paws. “Thank you for the compromise.” He answered lowly, glancing away momentarily before returning his attention to the massive brute. While not the outcome ha had hoped for, Aresenn understood he could have just as easily been told to not come back at all. At least the marketplace was something.

His next answer came simply. Aresenn was not above answering questions about his allegiance, but he didn’t see the benefit of merely offering up the information without it being specifically requested. "The Syndicate.” His tone even, as he awaited any follow-up questions that the new Warlord might have.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
04-19-2024, 01:06 AM

He watched the other wolf carefully, curious what he would think of this arrangement. Having unrestricted access to the pack lands was a very rare thing, saved exclusively for those that were immediate family or married into the family. Basilisk was rather surprised that Sirius had given this wolf that access… unless there had been a marriage Basilisk hadn’t been invited to.

“I have no intention of interfering with your relationship with Andromeda.” He said, almost gently. He could understand that change wasn’t always an easy thing to accept. “The Syndicate? I haven’t heard of them before.” He said thoughtfully. Had they cropped up some time between Sirius stepping down, and Basilisk rising? Or was there another reason that name had never been given to him? That, and this wolf's unrestricted access to the pack lands made for an interesting enigma. “Where can I find them?” He’d add them to the list of pack lands he would need to visit to fully map out allegiances, friends, and the sorts.

"Speech"

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
04-19-2024, 01:39 AM
A flicker of something that could almost be relief passed across Aresenn's features at the reassurance. Though he wasn't one to seek solace in the word of others, knowing that Basilisk had no intention of disrupting his relationship with Andromeda was, at least, a small comfort amidst the changes. His reply to Basilisk's lack of knowledge about The Syndicate was a simple nod, not entirely surprised. They were relatively new and hadn't yet made the impact they aimed for. “It had begun as a band, and is still establishing as a pack.” He explained evenly, pausing a moment before continuing. “Syndicate has claimed territory just east of here on the coast- Polar Sound on the mainland.” Just a couple of territories over- surely Basilisk would know if it. “I am the Emir- a second in command of sorts. You should likely expect visits from some of our more diplomatic individuals: Absinth Inferos and Rhazien Saxe are most likely to establish a more formal relationship.” In all honestly, it wouldn’t surprise him if either one of them had had their own personal dealings with the Armada already.

Clearing his throat, he decided that he might go ahead and attempt to establish neutrality while he was already here. He was the Emir after all. “This is obviously a more personal visit. But of course, if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. My friendship with Andromeda predates this group, and it is very important to me.” He reassured, conveying his genuine interest on the subject. But on to a not-so-personal matter. “That being said, I am formerly from Pirates Plunder, and am always up for a good skirmish. I’m not sure how the Armada keeps their warriors sharp. But if ever you would be up for a friendly raid. Please let me know.” If they could manage a good training exercise with one of their closest neighbors, that would certainly be something worth taking advantage of. “Some of these young, hot-blooded brutes are a lot of talk, but I’m not sure how many of them have actually seen a real fight. It wouldn’t hurt for some of them to be humbled.” He finished with a breathy chuckle in light amusement. And of course, perhaps the Armada could benefit from such an interaction as well.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
04-19-2024, 01:51 AM

Aresenn was a lot more forthcoming with information after that, perhaps put at ease with the Warlords promise. One he intended to keep - He had no desire to meddle with Andy’s relationships, either as an Alpha, or as her Nephew. In fact, doing so or having the right to do so struck him as odd.

The explanation of a band forming as a pack put some things in place. Perhaps as a band, the Warlord hadn’t been worried about Aresenn’s connections, and hadn’t bothered to fill Basilisk in. Their forming of a pack was a new thing, and likely strengthened Aresenn’s allegiance to this pack. “Absinth-- I know that name” he said with some surprise. That had been the wolf he had sparred, who had fought well… and he admittedly had flirted with a little. Though his loyalty to Hazel was absolute.

“I appreciate the information, and I truly mean it when I say I have no intention of interfering with your relationship - and I am sorry to remove the previous agreement you had in place.” But nor did he intend to let a virtual stranger walk his lands uncontested.

He raised a brow at the mention of the Pirates. He knew both his Father and his Grandfather had rather a lot to say about that group. In fact, the mere mention of it could send either of them into a spasm. But he himself had little to do with them, though he had tried to bring his dad back a trophy ear one time… all he knew of them now was that one of his Uncles had joined and Sirius had been trying to make inroads.

He grinned at the mention of hot heads and raids. “Perhaps I’ll take you up on that offer in reverse, and I’ll bring my hot heads to you.” He joked lightly. Though the Armada did not seem to have many hot heads at the moment. But there were still too many wolves in apprentice rank who needed the opportunity to learn and prove themselves.

"Speech"

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
04-19-2024, 02:15 AM
He listened to Basilisk's words with a focused expression, nodding in understanding. He noticed the surprise in Basilisk's voice when he mentioned Absinth's name. Perhaps Absinth had already been out networking after all. It was a small world after all. "Absinth is one of our best," He answered in amusement. But of course, he was fairly biased on the matter.

However, the amusement faded into recognition upon the reassurance of his friendship with Andromeda being safe. “I understand. Expected it, really. Like I said, I wanted to eliminate any room for confusion or the possibility of either of us being put into a more uncomfortable situation.” The last thing he would be accused of was trespassing. Besides, he didn’t want to put Andromeda in a place where she felt like she was being forced to choose a side in the matter.

At the mention of a hot-headed raid, Aresenn's competitive spirit was immediately ignited. He smirked at the idea of pitting their fighters against one another for a training exercise if nothing else, chuckling with a glint in his eye. They wanted a fight, well, here it was. Have at. "I certainly hope that you do," he retorted good-naturedly. "Just say the word," Despite his abrasive nature, it was clear that Aresenn had a certain level of respect for Basilisk. After all, he understood that there could be difficulty and pressure in leading a group.

After a few moments of pause between them, it seemed their conversation was coming to a natural end. Clearing his throat, he offered a final nod in farewell. “Thank you for meeting with me, Basilisk. You will be seeing me around the Marketplace.” He promised with a half-sided smirk. And with that, he would make his departure.

-exit Aresenn unless stopped-
"Aresenn Praetor"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. It's About the Girl Next Door Mile-High Woods 06:18 PM, 04-15-2024 08:07 PM, 04-19-2024