Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
04-18-2024, 07:50 PM

-Recap-

Authority fills her form as she barks out urgently, “Mélisande, I need your help!” It is strange how effortlessly she takes control of the situation, carefully orchestrating the wolves like a conductor making music. Bodies shuffle as they seek to aid the downed male because, while he had come seeking harm, he has been injured and now requires help. Eltrys calls her attention away from Gilgamesh, pointing out the retreating form of a brown yearling that she remembers from the raid.

Lips pull into a tight line as she realizes that the youth is probably off to tell the Hallows and the man’s wife and child the horrible deed that they have done and all she can do is give her head a shake and murmur, “We will deal with that later. First, we need to make sure he is stable and not in any life-threating danger.” With that, she tips her head back and sings a call for the pack healers, summoning them to come and help the man in need.

-Present-

The call drifts away into the spring air as Haydée returns her attention to the downed Gilgamesh. She steps back to allow Mélisande room to work while she hovers nearby, ready to lend her paws should they be needed. Looking toward Eltrys, Saga, Bae-Syl, Dagrún, and Bellamy, she gestures for them to come to her and pulls the group to the side so she can speak with them. Voice low and filled with urgency, she says, “I need to go to the Hallows and alert them to what has happened here. Hopefully, we can move him soon and then take him there so that he can get the best treatment possible.”

Emerald eyes scan their faces, searching for approval of her plan. Taking a deep breath, Haydée calmly adds, “I need you all to keep Ethne safe while I am gone. Just in case…” voice teeters and falls off as she inhales a shaky breath and offers them a small, waning smile before adding, “Just in case.” Green gaze slides over to where Gilgamesh lays, the bloody rock not too far away and she knows that the Raiders will blame them for what has happened. Looking back to her pack mates, she softly says, “I will leave as soon as I am not needed here.”

Haydée meets everyone’s gaze and holds it for a few seconds before asking, “Any questions?” What she has to do is important and she needs to do it quickly. Time is of the essence here.

"Haydée Kedieo"

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Intermediate Fighter (45)

Master Intellectual (290)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

04-18-2024, 08:19 PM

"Speech"

Through the ensuing chaos, Eltrys's sharp eyes and ears tuned from hunting caught the rustle and movement of the retreating youth. He nodded to Haydee's murmur and kept an eye on the direction the youth went.

She handled authority well, she was a natural, he noted as she pulled them in to speak with. He nodded approval of her plan, despite the Raid King's intentions, it was not Ethne's to kill or even hold hostage their enemies.

"I'd like to attend with you, Haydee." He stated with a low rumble, then nodded to the bruisers and others, "They are more experienced in protecting the borders and fighting the Raiders than I. Allow me to assist you to the Hallows, I watched all that transpired and may lend my voice to our defense." It wasn't a demand or declaration though perhaps his formal speech would make it seem so. If she told him to stay he would.

Saga

Polaris
Chief

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Intellectual (175)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon

1KOverachieverSamhain 2022
04-18-2024, 08:37 PM

Well, fuck. She hadn't meant to almost kill the guy, but the way he kept coming at her family and belittling and insulting both Haydee and their mother? She couldn't let it slide. Even after she sent Gil flying, she couldn't let go of the bubbling anger that lingered within her. She was not sorry for what she'd done. He had brought it on himself. He had walked in making demands, threw insults, and tried to harm her sister again! Yeah, she forgot she was stronger and much bigger than these wolves, but she would not stand idly by and let him continue what he'd been doing to them. She huffed and turned away, though hadn't missed the movement and a vaguely familiar scent nearby. Gaze flashed up to find a brown form retreating and running away. Was...was that the brown boy she had fought during the raids? Well double fuck.

She groaned and growled as she turned away, not really willing to want to help the downed Raider. It was his fault that he had gotten hurt. But bless her sisters heart, the little alphess still wanted to help. As angry and unwilling to help the man as she was, she obeyed her sister when she pulled the group aside and explained that she wanted to go to the Hallows to explain the situation. That grinded Saga's gears, because what if they decided to place all the blame on Ethne still? And with some of the Raiders there, there was no telling what could happen. From what she had witnessed, they did not give a fuck about anyone but themselves. Didn't care for the truth nor apologies. She was sure they'd be setting their sights to further harm Haydee or Ethne as a whole.

So when Eltrys spoke and said he wanted to go with her, and mentioned the Bruisers should stay behind, she growled her objections. "I'm going, too. I don't trust the Raiders after everything. But how do you know they won't cause a fight when we show up? Or that The Hallows won't side with them? He brought this on himself, and he got what he deserved! We should just dump him in the woods and let him figure it out on his own!" It wasn't her problem if he lived or died. All he did was be a jerk, anyway! She never saw herself talking this way before, and never had up until all this drama between the two packs. Maybe something flipped a switch she didn't know was there, but whatever caused the change, she'd embrace it if it meant it helped her to better protect her family.

Saga

Bellamy

Polaris
War Chief

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
04-18-2024, 08:55 PM

Bellamy moves to the side with the others, tail lashing back and forth as she tries to gather her thoughts. Her gaze flicks to Haydee as her daughter speaks. Eltrys is quick to offer to go with her, and Saga… the woman breathes out. “His fault or not, tensions are already high between our packs. Besides... He has children, and even an asshole can be a dad… I guess…” Her words are more for Saga now, her gaze flicking over to her adopted daughter. She understands her anger, but Bellamy does not wish that anger to turn to murderous intent. “It is our responsibility to ensure he doesn’t die now. Justice was served but it does not need to come to our actions taking a life if we can help it. Ethne is not lawful, but we are not active killers.” Her gaze flickers to Haydee.

“Saga should go with you. I will not have anyone turn against you and attack you for his actions. I had offered myself up to solve this, his actions got what they deserved… but I can handle things here. You need to get to the Hallows now, get there quickly before the truth has time to shift and change. Take Saga, Eltrys, and any other runners with you that you must. I will keep watch over Lucy and Dorian as they tend to him. Bae-Syl will keep watch with me - We’ll be fine.” Bellamy sighed softly. “I want to save him. This… this isn’t the way I want things to end between our packs. I want to make sure his daughter feels better, not worse, and losing a loved one… is something no one should have to suffer that young.” Her expression and tone shifted as she turned, moving towards the body of the Raider as she spoke one more word. “Go.”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Lucette

Loner

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
04-18-2024, 09:07 PM
Art & Code © Rex/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

The call was sudden. Lucette had no time to wonder as she gathered her bags, herbs, and a couple skins of water before racing across the territory of the Falls. She was not prepared for what she would find… a Raider, heavily injured… a gathering of wolves. Bae-Syl. Her mother. Sisters. Dag. Some newer pack mates… Divinities above, he looked bad… her gaze flicked to Saga, who looked absolutely livid. Had her sister caused the damage? She flicked her gaze to her mother. “So I’m treating him?” There were no Ethne members injured as far as she could see. A nod was all she needed. She moved, her mother helping to shift her patient off the rock and onto his belly. Well, the best they could anyway. Bellamy was having the man lean against her so Lucette could treat his head.

The girl began with water, pouring it out to clean the wound. There was already a good deal of the sticky liquid, and the healer found her heart hammering as she wondered what had happened. Paws trembled as she brought moss up to the injury. She needed to stop the bleeding before she could get some medicine and bandages applied. She pressed the moss to his temple, gaze flicking back to her mother as she dared asked the questions. “How did this happen? Why is he the only one injured?” Not that she expected Ethne to be ruthless… but after what had happened to her father and the raid, she could understand if they had attacked first and asked questions later…

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Mélisande

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Alo

Pride - Demisexual
04-18-2024, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 10:01 PM by Mélisande. Edited 4 times in total.)
m é l i s a n d e

it happened too fast.. and there is no time to be wasted; Melisande is skilled & quick as she moves, visiting her den site that wasn't too far off before returning with a mouthful of dandelion: a herb to ease any pain and inflammation. she quickly chewed it while resuming closely near Haydee, listening some more as she directed a plan. a quick nod and melisande went to word- his scut erect as she focused her red eyes on the massive form of Gilgamesh. ears flatten, speaking of her discomfort from being so close to such a perceived danger, but not much else is expressed. preforming for ethne, she comes to seat herself across another healer.
while the other girl asks what happened, melisande moved into action. she begins to gently lay out the paste topically near the wounds that littered his temples, laying it next to the previously placed moss. melisande turns to gaze at the downed wolf's abdominal area after. she the spoke aloud, with a serious tone, unbothered by the pack's chaos. "He's got to have broken ribs; his cough is hoarse. undoubtably he may a concussion and several contusions underneath his body. the dandelion should relax some of his pain and calm his inflammation, along with the bruising." she bits her lip, eyes full of worry as she glances at the others speaking their points & views. "Is there any Echinacea about?" her eyes flicker to the other healer now, hopeful as she aims to prevent infection.

"talk" "think"
table by scarlet/art by nelsa

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
04-20-2024, 06:17 PM

As Haydée softly talks to the gathered wolves, Lucette and Mélisande tend to the downed Gilgamesh. Eltrys speaks up, informing her that he would like to go with her and the young woman’s eyes slide over to him as her lips twitch up into a small smile. Even though he is still fairly new to Ethne, the earthen man is quickly proving himself invaluable to her. Saga speaks next and she turns her attention to her angry polar bear sibling and offers a small tut at the thought of just dumping the injured man in the woods.

Bellamy speaks up, voicing her thoughts on the whole matter and the young woman sucks in a deep breath as Haydée dips her head in agreement to what her mother says, gaze travels over to where Saga stands as she offers a small smile and adds, “While he did deserve to be struck for what he did, we will not let him die because of this accident. He at least deserves a fighting chance to live.”

With that, she looks to her mother and bows her head, murmuring, “I leave Ethne in your paws.” For a moment, the young Leader considers everything that they, as a pack, have been through and worry invades her thoughts, for the possible future she has brought to Ethne’s door as well as for the man that lays injured not that far from her. Looking to Eltrys and Saga, Haydée dips her head and turns away from the scene as the trio take off toward The Hallows and, hopefully, help for the injured Gilgamesh.

They run as if all the hounds of hell are nipping at their heels.

-exit Haydée with Saga and Eltrys-

OOC: From this point on, please only have the healers post until they can claim their points. After that, you guys are free to do what you wish! However, if you want to move Gilgamesh, check in with Bunni before you do since that is major pping. Thank you! <3

"Haydée Kedieo"

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Lucette

Loner

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

04-23-2024, 07:18 AM

“Lucy…” Her mother’s voice was soft, beginning to explain what occurred as Lucette removed the rock with some effort that Gilgamesh had landed on. With his temple cleaned by the water, it gave another healer the opportunity to come over and begin to apply some topical paste to his temple wounds. Those were the “easiest” to treat, but as the other healer spoke, mentioning the broken ribs and likely a concussion, Lucette sighed. “As far as the herb goes, I have some in my bag.” She reached in, pulling out the contents. Selecting the echinacea she passed it to the other healer and began setting some other things out.

“We won’t be able to move him more, other than lightly shifting him to get to the head wound there is too much risk of getting him to a den. We’ll need to build a makeshift den here. One of Norad’s refugee’s has knowledge of such things. I’ll have his companion help us. For now, we’ll need to treat what symptoms we can. I’ll get a fire going for some green tea - it should help reduce swelling of the brain in the event of a concussion and help in general with the inflammation his body will likely have from the fights. I have some marigold to help infection and slow topical bleeding as well.” Her gaze shifted to the other healer.

“I’m not familiar with possible internal bleeding, however… so I hope that you are. I know with broken ribs you shouldn’t rest all the time but… With his other conditions that may be hard to manage. They will hurt him more laying down though, so we’ll need to give poppy and other painkillers to him once he’s awake once more… we’ll probably have to try and get him awake too, especially if he may have a concussion… would you mind handling that while I work on the tea?” She knew it was a lot of talking, but it was important for healers to communicate right now.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Mélisande

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Alo

Pride - Demisexual
04-24-2024, 08:15 PM
m é l i s a n d e

focusing on Gil and the other healer, Melisande silenced the others out. her ears cupped forward as she assessed the bleeding some more while the other healer spoke. "Thank you. I'll give this to him once he's awake." she quickly took the echinacea and placed it near her inky paws. humming to herself in obvious ponder, mel replied, "Yes. He needs a compression wrap but not too tightly; and he may benefit from comfrey root paste plastered on his chest before then. Got any?" she knew the herb was more uncommon but perhaps she acquired some previously. it was worth a try. melisande eyes the other's supplies. "May I use some of your bandages?" her voice was lowly and polite as she looked at the other then at gil. "We can move him once he's awake.. give a moment for the pastes to set in though. he will be weak and may even need a stimulant.. so green tea is a good choice." she complimented the mind of the other healer.

"talk" "think"
table by scarlet/art by nelsa

Lucette

Loner

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

05-16-2024, 10:41 AM

A compression wrap… Lucette gave a small nod. “I have some bandages that can be used back in my den. Mom, would you go get them?” She didn’t foresee them being able to move Gilgamesh anytime soon. They would need to know the extent of his injuries and what he was able to do before they could do so. Her gaze then shifted to the other healer, ears falling a little. “I don’t have any picked, but comfrey tends to grow near the creek where the soil can be moist.” Her gaze shifted to the wolves that were still lingering nearby. Bae wouldn’t dare leave her with Gil, knowing he might wake up…

“Lucette!” The cry of her companion drew Lucy’s attention to Ink, however, and she knew that the feline would be able to find the herb they needed. “Ink, see if you can find some of the comfrey growing by the creek. It’s not a common herb, but that will be the best place to find it. Bring as much as you can carry.” It wouldn’t hurt to have more on paw if they could, especially since if Gil would be in their care he’d need medicine changed out. She had been gathering wood from the nearby trees as she spoke. With them gathered she took some flint, a skin of water, and a makeshift pot from her bag and began to work on the fire.

“You’ll be welcome to use the bandages mom brings. I have a skull and stone in the bag for grinding medicine. Can you grind the tea leaves and some poppy for the tea? If there is anything else you think might benefit him right now feel free to grind that as well." Many of the herbs that could be found in her bag were those that were found in the pack’s territories… Alder Buckthorn, Alfalfa, Boneset, Ginseng Root, Horsetail, Lamb's Ear, Marshmallow, Meadowsweet, Periwinkle, Valerian Root, Watercress, even a little bit of willow bark. There were a couple others in there, like the poppy and tea leaves, that were a staple the healer had been carrying around.

"Speech," 'Thought.'