size
Extra small
build
Light
player

Pride - Demisexual
04-27-2024, 12:25 AM
m e l I s a n d e  ,

with so much going on, melisande sought out the time to relax quite often. the pack held baggage she frankly wasn't prepared to carry. but nonetheless, ethne earned her sentimental attitude. tested, the pack stood it's ground. but the safety of Haydee worried melisande. and her step down only confirmed the healer's concerns.
so she set out, looking for herbs that would soothe the mind of one small and mighty leader. the air cool against her fur as she trotted lightly in pack grounds-, but among the many scents, there laid one of distant familiarity: eltrys. from the idea of it, he seemed to be a quite honorable if not noble, lad. one she was delighted to formerly meet alone.
changing course mid-way, melisande followed his aroma hoping to find him.

"talk" "think"
table by scarlet/art by alo

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Advanced Fighter (110)

Master Intellectual (290)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent1K
04-27-2024, 09:33 AM

"Speech"

Eltrys sat beneath a sycamore, crouched over a large log of wood. He had borrowed an old knife from someone and was carefully carving into the log to form the crude shape of a wolf lying down. Her head over long elegant legs. It was the first time he had carved anything but it was coming out all right he believed. The proportions may have been a little askew.

He growled as he pulled a large curl of wood from its back. He was trying to focus on the statue but his mind kept meandering elsewhere. How could that have gone better... He wondered if his presence at the meeting with Gilgamesh escalated the bully into lashing out. The raid king had trespassed... Hmmm.... A low frustrated growl entered the clearing again as he swatted away some of the wood chips from his work and set the knife to carve out the tail. A delicate form caught the corner of his eye as he pulled the knife closer, Haydee? Shuish! A bloom of blood from the knife on his paw spread over his work. He hissed in pain and scowled as he looked at the cut.

He looked again at the ghost in the corner of his eye, not a ghost, nor the leader of Ethne, but the small crimson healer that had also appeared at the meeting.

"Good timing..." He spoke as she approached, perhaps a little more gruffly than he had intended, "I seem to have slipped with the knife."

Mélisande

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (40)

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player

Pride - Demisexual
06-02-2024, 04:20 AM
melisande

she's met with the tense demeanor of Eltrys- quite the norm these days for the male. it began to leave a sour taste in her mouth as she approached then, halting near his left as she stood to peer down at his injury from some feet aways. she did not scurry to assist him like she might've in the past. as she too, had some things going on. her own frustrations. he struck a sensitive cord that fueled her slight defiance here & now. "You know.. I am more than a healer, Eltrys." she stared with confrontational eyes, brows slightly furrowed as she sighed. melisande wanted to be treated as more than as asset. she grew fed up with how members in her pack did not do the least to check on her, to socialize with her or attempt to know her. it was as if she did not know these wolves at heart.. & to be honest.., she probably didn't.
the occasionally thought of leaving Polaris fluttered in her mind for a second as she caught his icy glare once more. she glanced at the carving then, wondering for a moment of what he was doing prior to her arrival. everyone seemed to be doing away with their own things.. distracting themselves from the literal fall of ethne. "Here, let me see, please." she reminded him of mannerism hopefully-, pressing her lips as she came to sit near him, dropping her previous activities to tend to him with undivided care. "We've not formally met. I am Mélisande. A healer and your packmate." her feminine voice filled the air, undeniably sweet against her will. a naturally pleasant voice she could not grow out of, despite being irritated. "Now, may I please see the wound closer?"

"talk" "think"

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Advanced Fighter (110)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent1K
06-02-2024, 04:01 PM

She seemed to be as tense and guarded as he had been, no doubt that the struggles within the pack echoed through them all. It was like a cancer, it'll eat itself from within if something is not done soon.

"I apologize. We're all... distracted." His tone warmed, she had been there, she had even tended to the great brute that had decided to take the issue further to blows.

"I appreciate your care, Mélisande." He said, allowing her to take stock of the wound, a slice between his toes. "We both seemed to have joined recently." His tone was neutral but cordial, his mind still occupied. "How have you come by Polaris?" He asked, taking an interest in her story. How might he inspire her for the unity of the pack? She was more than a healer, good, what else was she interested in?

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Mélisande

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player

Pride - Demisexual
06-03-2024, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2024, 05:20 AM by Mélisande. Edited 2 times in total.)
melisande

his apology met her well-, causing a soft smile to swell over her features as she kindly nodded in approval. her demeanor became less stiff with the tension of offense. as she continued her examination whilst hearing his words, and it was good to hear. healers got so caught up in the norm of things & busy pack life-, that there were often times no notice for their work let alone genuine appreciation. "why thank you, Eltrys." she hummed and shifted her weight, allowing herself to become more familiarized with his presence.
and as he went on, the word Polaris made her left ear flicker as she looked away from him-, as if she felt hesitant to go on. she sighed, pulling her face up towards his now. she didn't realize how closely they had been seated together till now; her small shoulders near his elbows. Eltrys seemed to have undergone a growth spurt. "How do you, Eltrys? How do you go on calling Polaris home?" her brows softly furrowed with confusion. "It is rebranded ethne. where even is Haydee in all this?" she asked, pleading for some kind of closure to answers she did not have.
she peers down and away, blinking hard as she denied the tears that wanted to pour out. sighing, her ears flattened as she dipped her head down to get a closer view at the wound- hoping he'd miss the singular tear that rushed down her cheek. "Ah. let me grab you some Calendula paste. it's at my rest post a few minutes back."

"talk" "think"

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Advanced Fighter (110)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

06-03-2024, 04:34 PM

He could feel the emotions roil within her as if they were his own. Indeed some of them were his own. Confusion and worry were dogging their heels. Eltrys leaned back with a knowing sigh. He began with a solemn voice, hoping he was not providing too much information and keeping his tone as even and warm as possible.

"In a short amount of time, she's lost her father, her nephew, and her chickens. She is being made to pay for her mother's mistake which is ripping them both apart and then made one poor decision. She's also really not much older than you. She's learned some harsh lessons and the others involved don't want to let it go. I'll be here calling whatever she and her family call home because I've chosen it, and I gave my promise that I would. I believe in her light. I believe in forgiveness, and learning from our mistakes. I will provide for them, teach them, and protect them." He answered her. There was a warm stern tone that displayed his resolve more than any judgment.

He had kept his gaze in the distance, but now he turned his gaze toward her, a petite woman of crimson.

"I hope you will give us a chance to learn from our mistakes. I hope it inspires mercy from the others, and a hope that we can move on from this. Ethne or Polaris doesn't have to fall apart, we can get up and be stronger than before. Together." He said with determination. He wold let her walk away and chew on his words for the herbs to help his wound. Then watch her expectantly as she came back.

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Mélisande

Loner

Intermediate Healer (50)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player

Pride - Demisexual
06-11-2024, 09:24 PM
melisande

it was clear eltrys found a home and family, where she did not. evermore, she felt a surge of anger that felt constrictive to her chest. he spoke as if she was not in the pack for months. as if she was an outsider peering from windows. her brows furrowed, seeing the way he spoke justly with a noble demeanor that frankly agitated her. his played his part, even when he wasn't home. the good boy to Haydee and a pet to Polaris. "it is obvious you fancy her, eltrys." she got up, finding it hard to stand near the stern male. he spoke to her like a father. another thing that irked her. turning from him, she looked over her small shoulders, "I dont expect you to understand. we barley know one another after all." her face was tight and dispassionate.
a leader who hid and tucked behind her friends and the mother of it begging for forgiveness.. my, this was no home she planned to pledge to furthermore. it turned, shifted and became a pathetic distortion of what it use to be. she abruptly began to trot away, grabbing the paste and returning within a few moments but her face said nothing; stoic and silent unlike before. she pauses a few feet from him and lays the paste wrapped in leaves down at her feet. her dainty body looking over him in silence before she turns away to quickly dismiss herself. it was the end then. she sought out saga.. seeking to get it over with as he couldn't of made more clear as to why she did not belong here anymore.

"talk" "think"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Healed Cattail Creek 12:25 AM, 04-27-2024 01:22 AM, 06-27-2024