An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

04-27-2024, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 10:52 AM by Eltrys. Edited 1 time in total.)

"Speech"

After lashing five point antlers to some leather, he fitted it over his face. If these giant mutants could sport horns and claws naturally then he had no qualms getting the same for himself by other means. He growled as he worked. Braiding the leather into straps. He would be formidable at least when in view.

This business with bullies made him scowl. He would defend his home, he would defend his people, he would protect what he now called his. He had never owned, he had never thought to be in a place making his own armor. He was glad for it. He was glad to be rid of the silks and servants, to be hunting for need instead of for sacrifice to appease ghosts who could not eat.

He didn't want to intrude, but he wondered if Haydee could give him some pointers about his armor. He wanted to show her what he had made.

He came to the glorious falls and lifted his voice for her. A deep soothing song for the anxious leader.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
05-13-2024, 03:57 AM

With the stress of Gilgamesh’s injury on their land and the fact that the Raiders Hollow was smearing their (mostly her) name through the mud, Haydée has been extra stressed lately. Her stomach constantly churns and she has considered taking Saga up on her offer to take over Ethne sooner rather than later. Pacing her den like a caged animal, the young woman chews on her lip as she remains uncertain of what she should do.

A call suddenly catches her attention, pulling her mind from its self-destructive spiral and turning her head toward the fur-covered doorway. Burrows furrow for a moment and she quickly tries to make herself presentable by smoothing down some errant furs. Taking a deep breath and steading herself, Hay then pushes out into the tunnel system. Small paws quickly trace the pathway out from behind the waterfall where she is forced to blink against the sudden brightness.

The young woman’s eyes adjust quickly to the sunlight and, near the water, she spies a familiar earthen form. Warmth spreads in her chest and pulls her lips up, erasing any lingering worry or doubts from her features. Steps are light with happiness as Haydée joyfully joins the man and softly greets, “Eltrys. How are you doing? Sorry I haven’t been… more available lately. Just…” Her warm voice suddenly cracks and falls off as the familiar sorrow creeps onto her features.

Sad emerald eyes are cast downward as she offers a half shrug and one paw scuffs the dirt as she absently begins the familiar negative self-rhetoric once more.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Art by Moonfin

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

Intermediate Fighter (45)

Master Intellectual (290)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-13-2024, 04:42 PM

She appears from behind the waterfalls, the sunlight bouncing off the droplets of water like glitter as he sees her. For a moment the world stood still, his heart caught in his chest like it never had before, it thrummed in his ears louder than the rush of the falling water between them.

As the world turned again he could not pull his gaze away from her as she bounced lightly toward him. She greets him and her words trail off into a fragile tendril of smoke of sorrow and regrets.

He knows not where his words had gone for a moment nor the purpose he called her close. Her voice hung in the air alone for just a moment too long before he regained his mind and cast his eyes away sheepishly.

"I have been busy!" He growled but exclaimed, suddenly aloud. Delighted to show her his efforts! He ignored her apology, he was not needed and brought out the antler-adorned helm and proceeded to put it on to show her. His bone studded vest was already on him.

"I made these. I hoped you could share some of your expertise and tell me if they need adjustments or if they are indeed battle ready." He lifted his head above her to display its empowering effect on him, then carefully lowered his frame for her to take a closer look, so much smaller was she than him.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

05-15-2024, 01:32 AM

The sunlight feels wonderful on her russet fur and Haydée takes a moment to appreciate the fact she is still alive. Being holed up with her only herself to keep her company, the young woman’s mental health had quickly declined. It has been difficult to come to terms with the fact that the Hallows had not been willing to offer help to an injured man because they feared retaliation for something that Hay already was taking full responsibility for. No matter what she did, she never seemed to be… enough.

Yet, as her emerald eyes turn to where the earthen man waits, the dark mood that seemed to be constant companion as of late, lifts as she finds Eltrys standing near the pool under the falls. Paws move of their accord and she bounces toward him eagerly, closing the distance while her tail sweeps the air lazily behind her and her countenance softens as the sorrow that has hung around her like an oppressive weight magical evaporates into the air of the warm spring day.

A smile, bright with happiness and a warmth born of a wonderful, blossoming friendship, decorates her face as she comes to a stop in front of him and, for once, Haydée does not mind her shorter stature. Neck cranes back as she beams up him, offering words that falter and fall away before her gaze slides down to her paws. Part of her longs for the man to reach out and touch her because the young woman craves touch and reassurance but she is also too proud, or stubborn, to outright ask for it.

Eltrys’s words have her head shooting up, surprise and excitement blooming across her face and softening her features further. Curiosity fills her green eyes as she suddenly spies the bone studded vest that he has been wearing and she watches with wonder as he quickly adorns his head with an antlered helm. The smile that pulls at her lips is genuine, bright, and filled with gratefulness for his willingness to fight for Ethne and a warm chuckle falls past her lips, surprising even her with the ease in which he seems to bring out the joy in her.

He lays on the soft grass then, allowing her the opportunity to scrutinize the details of his work. Haydée steps close, gently testing buckles and straps on his head piece while attempting to ignore the growing warmth in her chest. Giving an approving nod, she slowly walks around his frame, testing the vest in much the same way as she had tested the helmet, the young woman’s smile builds as her small paw trails along his muscular frame and a blush creeps into her checks, hidden by the fur there but burning her all the same.

Once she makes her way around Eltrys, she positions herself back in his line of sight and, to the best of her ability, attempts to hide the awkward school-girl crush that has fallen over her. Clearing her throat, she squares her slender shoulders and attempts to keep her voice level as she says, “Great work! Your craftsmanship is amazing. I… I just hope you will never need to use it.” Hay’s smile wobbles and falls as a graver expression crosses her face but she quickly ducks her head to keep the darkness that resides inside her from spoiling this wonderful moment.

Pursing her lips, she blows out a soft sigh and lowers herself gently onto the grass, her graze trying to avoid the man that has brought light into her world because she is ashamed of what she has become. Laying in the soft grass, with the warm sun brightening the world around them Haydée takes a long moment to listen to the joyful songs that the birds sing around them. Finally, she pulls her gaze back to Eltrys, sadness on her features as she softly says, “I just wish that no one in Ethne ever had to fight again.” Her shoulders sag, the unspoken reason behind her wish, dampening the mood.

In this moment, with Eltrys, Haydée is vulnerable and, if she is being honest with herself, she is terrified that he will turn and run now that he realizes how weak she is.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Art by Moonfin

Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-15-2024, 05:15 PM

Eltrys waits patiently as she walks around him, trying to ignore or pretending he cannot feel every time the whisper of her fur brushes against his as she tests his handiwork, a crimson glow blossoming under his own fur.

Her smile is always contagious for him, he can never help the up curl of his dark lips in response to hers. Did she linger her touch just so? No, he must be imagining it. She returns before him and he could not miss the way her sunlight leaf eyes betray her! No, no, it is him projecting his buried hopes. He was not meant to hold such hopes as her attention.

She clears her throat and proclaims his armor worthy! His dark tail sways comfortably, he is glad she likes it!
His breath slows and the weight in his chest sinks heavily as her smile fades and she relents her hope never to need his armor in the first place. The quiet moment stretches between them, her avoiding his gaze, him trying to catch it.

Before she turned back to him he pulled his helm off and laid it aside, shrugging his vest off as well as sat up as she turned to him and relayed her wish. Her eyes doleful, full of fear and sorrow. He had to hold himself back from pressing his cheek into hers and instead sat on his hinds above her. How small and vulnerable she looked. A leader, young, and feeling forsaken. How he wished to carry the burdens she did.

"I understand." He said with a sympathetic rumble in his chest. He laid down again but next to her.

"You haven't had it easy." He recalled the grave she dug next to her father, where he sat and kept her company while she worked. When their conversation was done he would leave her a fresh meal every day she worked on that grave.

"I've heard quite a bit of your mother's story. Between her past, your father, the raids, the chickens, your nephew then Gilgamesh calling... You had a lot happen and land on your shoulders all at once." Then the Cinder Lord denied them full assistance... Though Eltrys agreed with him when his head had cleared. It made sense for the Hallows to refrain from getting involved. Eltrys would have made the same call if he had been in Artorias's place.

Despite his enrapturing upon her entrance, he had seen her disheveled appearance and the way her brilliant eyes had sunk with worry and pain. He had chosen to look beyond them. He looked again and saw each feature, for such a little woman it wouldn't take much for her to become gaunt.

If he could just cradle her head and smooth the ruffle behind that one ear...
"It is a wonder you are still standing Haydee." He remarked gently. Carefully folding one large paw under his arm, keeping his paw to himself. He was near enough though, like he was on that day when they ran to the Hallows, to be a physical support if she chose.

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

05-24-2024, 04:16 AM

Life seems to be nothing but a constant struggle for Haydée. From the time she was a pup, it felt as if she was cursed; from the tiger trying to carry her away to taking over Ethne after barely turning one, it has never been an easy road. Yet, it should do it again and again if it meant happy lives and good health for those she cares about. Plus, she doesn’t to burden others with her own struggles because, as a leader, it was her responsibility to shoulder them alone. However, as she lays beside Eltrys, a man who had quickly proven easy for her to talk to, she finds those doubts once more leaving her mouth.

As he talks of it not being easy, the russet woman diverts her eyes down her paws that are stretched out before, a half-shrug lifting a shoulder before dropping it back down again. Yes, life had not been easy but Haydée does not like to bemoan that fact out loud because she knows that many are either unsympathetic or would think it is a weakness to point out the facts of life and call herself a victim. Emerald green lift as she looks at Eltrys, features drawn tight with sadness as he talks of everything that she has had to deal with in her reign as alpha.

They lay so close to each other and she almost shifts to lean into him, needing the grounding, friendly touch as she fears that her own mind will run away from her. Gaze moves to face once more before slowly sliding away as he gently remarks about it being a wonder that she is still standing and her head tilts back as she lifts her eyes to clear, faultless blue sky above. Thoughts twist and turn, tripping over themselves in a rush to berate and decry his kindness because surely, she does not deserve it.

Ears slowly lower to head as she loses herself for a moment to the dark ocean of self-deprecation and emotions, like rolling waving, appear and disappear on her features in the quiet space between them. Finally, her mouth parts and soft, choked words are offered, brimming with hatred for her own weakness as she questions, “Am I? Every time I look at myself all I see is the ghost of a pitiful pup, too weak to be leading. My mind has become my enemy and I often find myself wishing that I would just… fade away.”

A gentle ripple of tranquility passes across her features at the thought of dying, of giving up her miserable life so that her pack and family would be safe. Suddenly, Haydée remembers where she is and who she is talking to and she shakes her head, dispelling the heavy, yet intriguing thoughts that have hounded her day and night since Gilgamesh’s injury. Green eyes find their way back to the earthen man’s face and a weak, humorless smile tug at the corners of her lips as she offers, “Sorry. I usually try to keep these thoughts to myself but lately…” a shoulder lifts and falls while a sigh rolls past her lips.

Suddenly, a fancy takes hold and Hay boldly says, “Eltrys, no matter what happens to me, please protect my family if trouble tries to come for them.” She cannot deny that there is a blood feud between her and the Raiders now and that it may very well only end with her death but, as long she knows that they will be cared for, then the russet woman could rest easy. A small, slender paw lifts, moving to try and gently come to rest on top of one of his bigger ones as her expression softens into something more… peaceful.

Haydée’s voice is as soft as her face as she gently says, “You are a kind soul Eltrys and someone I have grown to feel a kindred-ness to in the short time we known each other. You deserve all the wonderful blessings that this world has to offer and so much more. I hope that every righteous desire of your heart is fulfilled and that, one day, you will find true happiness in the companionship of another.” As she pours out her hopes for him, the small woman already thinks of herself in the past tense, as if she will not be around for much longer.

While she cannot read the future, she does not wish for him to get tangled up in her web of misery and woe because he deserves more. Eyes travel down to where her paw gently touches his and Haydée grows embarrassed, quickly trying to remove the touch that seems to have electrified her soul and emboldened her spirit. If only life wasn’t so cruel to her, the russet woman could see herself falling deeply in love with him and, in fact, she has already started to; which is why she feels that she must distance herself from him… for his sake.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Art by Moonfin

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-24-2024, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2024, 09:54 PM by Eltrys. Edited 1 time in total.)

He could not know the thoughts that boiled in her mind, he should not be able to feel the palpable waves of agony that riled within her. But with every subtle expression she could not hide he felt as if it were his own. Each half urged lift and fall of her delicate shoulders, each furtive glance to the soil, to the side, to the sky... To his own pools of pale winter skies.

Her utterance of despair when she finally did speak confirmed his fluttering assumptions. With each fragile choke she tried to talk around he felt in his own throat as if a burning coal. He felt the relief she exhumed at her desperate wish.

He drew in a heavy breath, and let it out as he found the place within himself where she was an entity of her own and he found his steady center. It was not a sigh, but a meditation, a carefully practiced regulation.

She found his gaze and apologized with a half built mask he could see straight through.

Then boldness strikes her, a fierceness he had seen before, a fierceness he wanted to kindle and bring forward further. She asks of him no easy task, but one he would take gladly. To protect her family, and her kin, regardless of what happens to her. She moved her paw towards him. He pulls his paw out from under him and brings it forth to let her place hers up on it. He was here, he would support her.

He responds definitively, "of course." A promise set with confidence. The peace that fell in waves from her he soaked up comfortably. Not pushing or pulling anything from her. Simply allowing her to radiate and him to bask in her glory.

Then she praises him and continues to wish him farewell as if she were not the object of his righteous desire. A fire lights within him, as if the embers on his back were but matches. She tries to pull her offered paw away but he can't, he won't let her, not now, not like this. He places his other paw upon hers, gently capturing her hand within his massive mitts.

His gaze dances from one of her sunlit emerald eyes to her dark lips, to the other eye of hers, then back again. A question, a plea, a desire in his arctic blue penetrating eyes.

"I will treasure these thoughts you have shared with me. A candle can only burn so long until it's run out of wick and wax." His voice was warm, soft, and tender.

Her bold fierceness before stoked a yearning he could not tamp down. Emboldened by her blessing prayer he leaned slowly forward toward her face, gently pulling her paw closer to him. His breath intertwined with hers as he spoke.

"Do not fade away from me Haydee. I cannot let you, I will not let you fade away from this world before I have had a chance to know you."

He dared to quest his nose ever closer, barely touching her, he drank in the smell of her if she did not pull away.

"Haydee you have set my heart aflame. Your fierce earnestness calls me to you, I can no longer deny it, not when you wish to be no more. Not when you wish to fade away. My righteous desire, if I may be so bold is to see you safe, protected, beside me. I wish to take these heavy burdens upon you and hold them with you." Would she allow this? Was this far too fast and forward? No, not fast enough, not when she had been agonizing alone for so long that her flame had all but been lost.

"Perhaps such blessings could be bestowed... Much sooner than one day?" He dared to pull her even closer, to embrace her, to even... Kiss?

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

06-17-2024, 02:04 AM

Masks rise and fall as she talks with Eltrys; the want to be strong for others lifting the veils while the raw wounds of her own guilt easily tear through the thin guises. A war rages behind emerald eyes as she admits truths long hidden in the darkest corners of her mind, emotions choking her words and strangling her throat yet Haydée forces them out. Once her own selfish desires are given over to the daylight, a weight shifts from her shoulders and peace settles over her as if, maybe, just maybe, hope can spring from her death.

With that weight gone, a boldness comes over the small woman and she speaks with conviction as she requests that Eltrys, the man she has come to trust in a short amount of time, take care of her family. Of course, Haydée does include herself in this plea because, in her mind, her death is already assured and she sighs with relief as he confidently pledges his protection to those most important in her life. Words fall unbidden from her lips, hopes for his future and the world as a whole, after she leaves.

Heat builds in her cheeks and Haydée seeks to retract her paw, suddenly embarrassed that she has bared so much of her soul to him but is stopped when his other massive paw gently captures her small one. Gaze darts up to catch his arctic eyes, confusion rippling softly across her face like a stone breaking the surface of a still pond as seeks to try and find answers to what he is thinking. Eltrys’s tender voice, warm and soft, greets her ears and the tension that had unknowingly settled into her shoulders melts away as she captures and takes to heart every word freely given to her.

He pulls her paw closer to him and she shifts forward, yearning to capture his lips with her own but holding back because he doesn’t deserve to be mixed up in all of her horrible business. A plea is given for her not to fade away and Haydée’s ears slick back, pinning to her head in sorrow as uncertainty etches itself into her features. Of course, her mind chides her, ridicules her for even entertaining the idea of allowing someone else to insert themselves into a situation that will surely only end with the shedding of her blood.

Yet, as his nose snakes in a closer to her, Haydée’s breath hitches in her throat, nervous energy crackling around her smaller form as she fights with herself over the morality of leaning on him. Words greet the air, music to her heart that lifts her spirits and stokes the fires of life once more for the depressed woman. Features lift, softening into something purer and more loving than she can even begin to describe as he offers to shoulder the burdens with her; to protect and stand beside her no matter the world throws at her paws.

The war is over as he pulls her close and Haydée melts into him, her lips seeking his out as her eyelids flutter shut and everything else fades away. This was too much; too much of to ask of any one wolf and yet Eltrys had not shied away nor bulked when she give voice to the darker thoughts that run free in her head. She leans into him, front legs seeking to gently circle him as she seeks to deepen the kiss and is surprised to feel a dampness on the fur underneath her eyes.

Whether she is crying from joy or fear, the small woman isn’t certain of yet.

Haydée only pulls away when she needs air and her eyes open once more, glistening green eyes darting around his face as she seeks to find some sign of uncertainty so that she might be able to rebuff his attempt to help her without guilt. Emotions chase each other across her face in rapid succession as she wars with herself once more before they settle on acceptance. She leans forward, not seeking to kiss him this time but to press the side of her face into the side of his neck and enjoy the warmth of his body pressed into her own.

Finally, Haydée speaks, words laden with unspoken worry and apprehension over the future that might await them, “Oh Eltrys. I… I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m scared…. But, I… I want you to be here, with me.” Finally, Haydée was admitting how she truly feels and, while the future is a daunting endeavor, she is thankful to have someone as strong as Eltrys to walk the road ahead with.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Art by Moonfin

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

06-18-2024, 09:54 PM

His fur felt like it stood on end, her eyes spoke more than he did. Her movements of away, and toward like a wave on the shoreline. The energy of her inner battles bid him to wait, hold. Then the battle within her was over and she met him. The life within them both engulfed each other. She drew deeper and he responded, pulling her even closer, feeling her dainty legs wrap around his neck. His arm encased her behind her back, holding her to oo him, flush against his chest. His breath was lost with hers.

She pulls away, they're both gasping. His skin thrummed on every point of contact with her. A tear is glistening in the auster summer sunlight, like a diamond on her cheek. His face is soft and certain. His eyes of arctic skies hold steady to her dancing eyes of chartreuse. He takes a large paw and gently brushes the tear away from her cheek. He can see another skirmish rising within her, and he let it. He stood there with her, letting her worries and her thoughts wash away from them. Quiet and solid, holding her steady. He moves with her as the battle is won again, holding her firmly against him as she presses into his neck. He tilts his head over hers tenderly.

His eyes are closed against the world as he hears her worried voice. He attempts to soothe her with a rumble deep in his chest.

"I know. And I may be no fighter, now. But for you Haydee, I will train my best to be worthy to fight by your side. Though I abhor to raise my paw against another, I will. Both to defend my home and to defend my family."

He had yearned for her touch for months since he first noticed the gleam in her eyes that day by the pool in the woods. He had thought of nothing else. He had been content to follow her wherever she went and provide for her and her family. Let her come to him if she felt the same, no matter how long it took. But he refused to let her slip away into some long dark night before he had a chance to tell her.

"I have thought of you since the first day we met. My heart has not let a day go by without it yearning for you. I could not possibly let you beyond my grasp before I could let you know." He held her gently, just enough to support her against him, but she could easily slip away from him if she wished. "Perhaps, one day I can earn more than your affections, but please do not feel rushed into anything with me if your heart does not desire it." He said, hating the words as they spilled from his lips. Though he would hate himself more if she felt trapped with him.

"Speech!"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

06-30-2024, 12:35 AM

Each moment feels like an eternity as she looks at him, the ebb and flow of her own internal war playing out for him to see. Part of Haydée hates just how vulnerable she is and how much she just wishes to make right all the wrongs that have happened in her short tenure as an alpha. Oh, how she loathes herself for putting everyone here at risk all because she wanted to prove that she wasn’t weak and yet, in her attempt to do that, she just seemed to prove how naïve and stupid she really was.

But, in spite of all that, there were wolves like Eltrys who have faith in her and wish to protect. The storm that rolls across her features final breaks and she melts into him, their lips finding each other as the world dissolves around them. Hope sparks in the darkness that has been her future and Haydée finds herself enjoying the touch and tender embrace of his strong arms. They only separate when they need air and she greedily drinks it in since it is laced with his scent while heat flares up her neck and into her cheeks.

A tear slips free from her eyes, slowly rolling her cheek as she gazes up him, uncertainty and concern slowly etching themselves back onto her features. He lifts one large paw to brush away the tear and she leans into the touch, a soft sigh rolling past her lips as she begins to release the doubts and worries that she has felt for so long. Strong arms hold her and Haydée leans into him seeking to gently press her head into the soft fur of his chest as he speaks; his chest vibrates as he speaks of being a fighter… for her.

Small head shoots up, neck craning back so that she can catch his artic gaze with her own wide emerald ones and Hay slowly shakes her head from side to side as she readies to protest. She knows that Eltrys is a pacifist and has never wished to fight anyone and, while his desire is noble, the thought of him having to fight battles that she made… it causes her stomach to roll at the thought. However, the objection she is about to utter dies in her throat as she gazes up him, the words he continues to offer her adding fuel to the heat in her cheeks.

Green eyes search his face as his voice fades into the air and she really sees him… as if for the first time. Eltrys is a strong, kind soul who is ready to pick up arms for a cause that he deems righteous and, while she might try to persuade him otherwise, Haydée knows will never be able to sway his resolve. Love swells in her chest for him and she leans back into him, their bodies and hearts connecting in the moment. A smile wiggles her lips as she softly says, “There is no way to talk you out of being a fighter, is there?” Voice breaks into a gentle chuckle for a moment before she sighs and adds, “You don’t have to fight for me or anyone else but… thank you.”

The smile grows as she pulls away so she can look up at him, voice growing stronger and steadier as she says, “While I might not be certain about the future, I am sure about one thing; I want to walk the road ahead with you. I just hope that I can strong enough for you.” The smile falters for a moment as she looks up at him wondering if he would walk away from her she proved too broken to help but something inside her tells her to trust Eltrys. So, Haydée does just that.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Art by Moonfin

Eltrys

Polaris
Guardian

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

06-30-2024, 08:52 PM

To feel her finally so close, their fur mingling as they touched. He was not surprised by her sudden movement to pull away, to protest the path to fighting he would embark on. She flushes as he continues, not letting her voice her protest until he is well and truly finished saying his piece.

He watched her carefully, and felt more than saw the moment she saw him. He saw how she melted when she knew for herself his resolve to protect her.

He sighs as she leans back into him, he carefully lays a kiss on her head and tucks her under his chin. A rumble erupts through his chest at her question. He wrapped his arms around her firmly, thought only of how he wanted her, to know that she would be the one he would fight for.

He lets her pull away again and catches her growing smile. His eyes crease in affection as he notices how strong her voice becomes before her smile falters just a touch near the end.

He pulled her in again, to tuck protectively under his chin and hummed against her. "A resting warrior is no less a warrior. I promise..." He hummed again, a deep reverberating sound, perhaps it was too soon to make such promises but he was emboldened by her willingness to walk the road with him now.
"Do not think me hasty, for I have had many a night to think on this, if I move too quickly for you, please let me know.-" He pulled away and with his paw, he drew her chin gently up to meet his gaze, to see his sincerity and the depth of the promise he was about to make.

"Haydee, I can promise to carry you when you are not strong enough. If we walk together... It will be to lean on each other, to lift each other, to carry each other. To seek each other when we are separated. If you are not ready to promise as much, then please allow yourself the time to think on it." He gently touched her nose with his, closing his eyes for a moment just before releasing her. He hoped she would know that she didn't need to be strong for him. Just strong enough to survive... with him. That was all he was asking. He had hoped to court her slowly, allowing them time to grow closer naturally, but alas he was willing to adjust.

"Speech!"