An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooze ImmuneThe Ooze ParticipantExplorerVengeanceMammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Asexual
04-30-2024, 10:35 AM

Gentle rain fell about her as Lukina sat beneath the willows. It was strange to be back in these lands again as an adult, so different from her starry eyed pup hood. Back when she looked up to her cousin. Back before she learned of the betrayal. Lukina resisted the urge to snarl though the corner of her mouth still drew up in a grimace. She'd returned home, sorted out what needed sorting, did what needed to be done. She bore the scars of her battles both inside and out and now that revenge had been had she didn't know what else to do with herself. Home had ceased to be home and so she returned to the only other land she knew.

Lost in thought and memory Lukina didn't notice the large bear moving through the trees behind her. A massive beast that bore blood of both grizzly and polar bear.

Redrum

"All my troubles on the burning pile, All lit up and I start to smile."

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Hawk-Eyed Hawk-Eyed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Double MasterScarredSnake EyesRapid Poster - Gold
05-07-2024, 04:44 PM

A gentle rain veiled the willows as the vermillion boy padded about, his ears flicking to keep the rain off of them. Scent was unreliable at the moment, so as his golden eyes caught sight of a ghostly white figure across the way… well, the boy surged forth to confront his specter from her flank. Half thinking it was an actual ghost. She seemed lost in her own world, and as he approached silently, curiously, he took notice of a blur of motion behind her. The boy immediately grew defensive, his predatory instinct taking over as he craved to hunt the beast down, and to protect the phantom. The bear, behind the unaware woman, was massive. It was unlike anything Redrum had ever seen before. It was…. Bigger than a grizzly. And he had never faced a polar bear before to know what it truly was. Instead of alerting her with  loud bark, the boy chose to snap his teeth together to gain her attention, eyes wide and alert as he tries to warn her of the danger behind her. His ears are flat, as he mouths the words ‘behind you.’

""

Redrum speaks in third person, known as illeism.
He deals with neurological issues from head trauma,
Causing disruptions in speech and movement,
Making him appear twitchy, with uncontrollable tics affecting every muscle.

Assume he isn't wearing his skull mask unless specified.

Lukina

Loner

Master Fighter (260)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooze ImmuneThe Ooze ParticipantExplorerVengeanceMammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
Pride - Asexual
05-26-2024, 10:27 AM

A shadow flickered out of the corner of her eye. Red like blood followed by the clacking of teeth. Lukina turned to get a better look and then she saw the grolar bear. They locked eyes for just a second before the bear let out a horrifying roar. It barreled toward her, fur rippling along its muscled form. Lukina, dove out of the way, avoiding the bear's massive teeth but she could not avoid its claws entirely. The grolar's left claws cut into her side just behind her left foreleg. Blood splattered the ground and she winced but swiftly pushed the pain to the back of her mind as war had taught her. As survival had taught her.

Lukina lashed out at the bear just as it started to twist around. Her fangs latched onto the bear's left ankle. Her claws then wrapped around for the knee and she hunt on tight, head thrashing as she sought to unearth the achilles tendon and leave it open and vulnerable to her razor sharp fangs.

Redrum

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

06-04-2024, 08:27 PM

Redrum’s golden eyes widened as he watched the stranger dive out of the way, barely avoiding the grolar bear's massive teeth but not escaping its claws. Blood splattered the ground, and his teeth grit at the sight of her injury. But she was swift, pushing through the pain, and he admired her tenacity as she lashed out at the bear.

Redrum growled, adrenaline surging through his veins. He couldn’t let her fight this monster alone. That wasn’t who the young brute was. He launched himself at the grolar bear’s other side, aiming for its exposed flank. His teeth sank into the thick fur, seeking purchase on the bear's vulnerable flesh. He twisted and pulled, trying to throw the beast off balance and give the woman the opening she needed.

""

Lukina

Loner

Master Fighter (260)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Pride - Asexual
06-15-2024, 08:14 AM

The bear's roar echoed through the trees, It turned to try and seize her but was thwarted by the red male who pounced upon the ursine beast, shredding into its tender flank. The distraction worked as the bear turned its attention to the male. That gave Lukina the chance she needed. Her claws slipped deeper into flesh and with a mighty twist of her head she found the tendon, snipping it with her teeth. Almost immediately the bear's foot went flat. It stumbled, falling onto its belly.

Lukina swiftly released her hold and stepped back, hoping the bear would cease this senseless violence. The bear snarled and scrambled back to its feet, before seeking to limp off into the forest. Lukina had no intention of following it, instead looking to the young man, panting as she spoke. "Thank you… I should've been paying more attention. My name's Lukina." She winced, glancing back at her wounded side. Well shit… she had a pack of herbs but the supply had been drained on her journey. Not to mention she wasn't keen to just set up in the woods where she was attack.

"Are you a pack wolf? I don't suppose I could trouble your pack for some help? I would certainly pay you back for the trouble."

Redrum

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

06-21-2024, 08:50 PM

Redrum watched the bear retreat into the forest, its injured limb forcing it to limp away from the confrontation. His muscles ached from the exertion, but he kept his stance ready, just in case the bear decided to return. As the adrenaline began to ebb, he turned his attention to the woman who had introduced herself as Lukina and commented about her lapse in attentiveness to her surroundings. Her gratitude was met with a curt nod from Redrum, his golden eyes taking in her condition. The wound on her side looked painful, and he could see the strain in her posture. Despite her obvious discomfort, she carried herself well after the attack.

“Lukina did not end up– as bear food, that is a good– thing.” He replied, his voice as steady as he could make it. “Redrum is Redrum. Heir of –Insomnia. Redrum’s mother has healers– to tend to Lukina’s –wounds.” He stepped closer, examining her injury with a discerning eye. “Repay in hunting– down bear for– food.” He grinned here, like a cheshire cat. A joke, maybe. “Follow Redrum? To Insomnia. Not far.” Redrum turned, gesturing for her to follow as he led the way through the forest. The path was familiar to him, and he moved with confidence, ensuring that Lukina could keep pace despite her injury. As they walked, he kept his senses alert for any signs of danger, unwilling to let his guard down after the recent battle.

""

Lukina

Loner

Master Fighter (260)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Pride - Asexual
07-14-2024, 09:52 AM

Lukina chuckled and nodded as the boy stated she did not end up as bear food. Yes, that was definitely a positive. She'd have had a hard time if not for the young warrior's assistance. He stated his name was Redrum and he stated it in a most unusual way. She noted the way he seemed to speak in third person but felt no need to bring up the fact with him. She'd encountered a number of odd speak patterns during her travels.

The young man continued explaining he was the heir of a pack called Insomnia and that they had healers that could assist her. He mentioned repaying them by hunting down the bear for food. Lukina barked out a laugh. "If you insist. I'll try anything once." Lukina wasn't sure if bear meat would be any good but it felt almost poetic to try eating the creature that had tried to eat her.

Lukina nodded as the boy offered to show her the way to Insomnia. "Certainly, lead the way!"

Redrum

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

07-20-2024, 03:03 AM

Redrum watched Lukina chuckle, appreciating her light-hearted response. Her relief was evident, and he couldn't help but find some satisfaction in having helped her. His unique speech patterns didn't seem to faze her, which he found somewhat comforting. It was evident by the way his tail wagged at his hocks.

"Insomnia is– good place for– healing." He assured her, noting her laughter at his suggestion of bear meat with another swish of his crimson tail. His face remained composed, yet predatory. "Bear meat– can be– tough, but satisfying." The young brute added, his golden eyes gleaming with a hint of amusement. When she agreed to follow, Redrum gave a small nod. "This way." He instructed, moving forward with practiced ease. He ensured the pace was manageable for her, frequently glancing back to check on her condition.

As they navigated the forest, Redrum remained vigilant, his senses on high alert for any potential threats. Despite the lingering tension from their encounter with the bear, he found a certain calmness in leading Lukina to safety. Soon, they would arrive at the border of Insomnia, and he would call out for Enki as the current Wraith. A fact that was still strange to the red youth. ”Behave, yes? Redrum will– vouch for –Lukina.” He offered, a twitch of his skull as his eyes sought her own.

""

Enki

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Navigator (225)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022
07-22-2024, 06:29 PM
Spring is a time for new growth and life which means that prey animals are out in abundance; and where there is prey, there are predators. Enki is running a patrol around the borders, reinforcing scent markers and leaving patches of his pink fur stuck to trees to mark this territory as Insomnia’s. A summons reaches his ears from the border that butts up against the Whistling Willows and he does not hesitate to change his course so he can intercept the caller.

To Enki’s surprise, the smell of blood fills his nose as he nears and he is shocked to find Redrum with an injured woman. Bright blue eyes scan the claw marks on the stranger’s side as he pulls to a stop and tilts his head back, singing a call for any healer that might be close by to come and aid. With that done, he lowers his head, leveling his gaze at the young man and gently saying, “Redrum, I see you have friend. Are you injured at all? What happened?”

Quickly, he scans the boy as his heart leaps into his throat, wondering what Medusa would do should the heir of Insomnia be injured. Not finding any injuries, the pale pink man gives a flick of his wrist and a kind smile to the them as Enki invites the stranger over the border. With that he begins to lead her to an area where she could rest while a healer tends to her. Quietly, he waits to hear what had happened.

"Enki Klein"

code & art © skelle 2023

Lukina

Loner

Master Fighter (260)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Pride - Asexual
08-03-2024, 05:26 PM

Lukina quirked a brow at the boy as he mentioned eating bear meat. Well, she'd try just about anything once but she had to admit the idea didn't sound as appetizing. She could go for a nice, tender fawn about now but she wanted to be respectful. She'd get her own food when the time came.

Lukina followed Redrum through the willows to the pack's border. Her ears twitched, searching for sounds of other predators as well as prey. She had no home here any more, nowhere to go. Why not take this as a sign and see if she could join? She grinned. "I'm always on my best behavior."

Redrum called for the leader and Lukina was surprised to see a young man answer. Choosing not to ponder on their family lines she stood confidently to address the man. "My name is Lukina. I was wandering this area when I was attacked by a bear. Redrum came to my aid and together we beat the beast back. I have sustained a shoulder wound that needs treating. I'm a healer myself, but I have few supplies and as it happens I am looking for a new place to live. Would your pack happen to have aid as well as room?"

Redrum

Insomnia
Soul

Master Fighter (355)

Master Hunter (285)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

08-25-2024, 10:15 PM

At Lukina's mention of being on her best behavior, Redrum’s lips curled into a wide, cheshire grin. “Good—behavior—makes things easier,” he muttered in his typical halting cadence, approving yet still cautious.

The familiar, calming tone of Enki’s voice eased the tension in Redrum’s posture, though his golden eyes retained their sharp intensity as they met the Wraith’s bright blue gaze. “Enki—no injuries—on Redrum,” he replied, carefully choosing each word. “Lukina—bear attack—Redrum helped—bear is gone.” His words were more clipped than usual, almost mechanical, but the concern was clear in the way his gaze lingered on the injured female. Even in silence, his attention remained divided between her well-being and Enki’s next move, waiting to see how the situation would unfold.

When Lukina spoke of her injury and intentions, Redrum’s gaze sharpened. He dipped his head, stepping slightly forward in support of her words. “Lukina—was brave. Didn’t run. Stood ground.” he added, backing her account with his own perspective. Pride laced his voice, though it was buried under his usual predatory tone. “She’s strong—could be asset—if allowed.” He made his stance clear. Speaking this much was uncommon for him, but he felt it was important enough to warrant it.

His tail swished low behind him, reflecting a mix of anticipation and protectiveness. He glanced at Enki, ears twitching forward as he waited for the Wraith’s response. Redrum rarely vouched for others, but Lukina had earned his respect, and he wanted to ensure Enki recognized that. She seemed like good people, to the young brute.

As Lukina introduced herself to Enki, Redrum’s muscles twitched slightly as he fought to stay still. His golden eyes darted between Lukina and Enki, gauging their reactions. A subtle twitch in his jaw hinted at his underlying nervousness—he had brought someone to the border, and now it was up to Enki to decide what would happen next.

Redrum’s head tilted slightly, watching Enki’s reactions, especially when the older male called for a healer. There was something reassuring in how swiftly Enki took charge of the situation, and Redrum found comfort knowing Lukina would be tended to. He gave a short nod of approval when Enki invited her over the border, his tail giving a single low wag in acknowledgment.

""

Enki

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Navigator (225)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - Gay (MLM)Samhain 2022
08-27-2024, 12:23 AM
Gaze moves between the pair, an air of quiet authority hanging around his shoulders as Enki oozes calmness as he inquires what has happened. Ears perk as he looks to Redrum, taking in the way the yearling chooses each word carefully as he offers up his word in favor for Lukina. Silently, the man dips his head in understanding before turning his bright blue eyes to the woman and allowing her to speak her piece before lifting a paw and waving them both over the invisible boundary.

Waiting for them both to start moving, Enki turns to begin leading them into Insomnia territory so that Lukina can receive treatment in a more comfortable space. Once the trio has begun to make their way toward where a guest den has been set aside for anyone who might need to rest awhile, the pale pink man speaks up, “Lukina, you are welcome here in Insomnia and, based on Redrum’s confidence in you, I would like to offer you the rank of Necromancer based on the fact that you are a healer.”

Looking to Redrum, he offers the boy a warm smile and says, “Redrum, I trust your judgement and, as Soul of the pack, I am entrusting you with helping to get Lukina settled in. If you need anything, either of you,” eyes move to the woman the boy has brought in, “do not hesitate to summon me.” With warm, friendly tones, he tries to assure both of them of his willingness to help. Meanwhile, he is also trying to convey just much responsibility he is placing on Redrum because he has vouched for this woman. As the Heir, it is important that he learns who to take in and trust and who he should avoid and this seems like a good lesson to help him along the way.

"Enki Klein"

code & art © skelle 2023