gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Joe

UnderachieverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipWealthyPride - BisexualDouble Master
LoserThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ice Bridge ExplorerWordyCritical Fail!
1KHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
05-18-2024, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2024, 12:44 AM by Alastor. Edited 1 time in total.)

Alastor had been greatly crestfallen to learn that Scylla had left Elysium. His heart held a soft spot for the Klein fae, caring for her like she were his own flesh and blood in many ways and in other wholly different ways as well. Maybe that was because he had seen some of his younger self in Scylla. Maybe it was because the broken old brute gave a damn about the wolves whose fathers had abandoned them or left them to fend for themselves. Whatever the reason, Alastor had done it twice now—once with Ikigai and again with Scylla. Granted, his relationship with Scylla had been far more primal, but that didn't stop him from wanting the best for the slate and cream fae. So when Saracyn had informed him of Scylla's departure and the guilt he carried over being the reason she left, Alastor knew he had to go find her, if for no other reason than to make sure she was okay.

Despite his age, Alastor was an accomplished hunting guru. He could track a prey animal down for over two territories and had keen senses honed for picking up on trails and tracks. This included tracking down wolves. There was only one direct route off of Alias Island, so Al started there, following the mainland coast until he'd found any trace of Scylla Klein. With her scent in his memory and his nares, the behemoth of a brute stalked her trail across eastern Boreas, picking up little clues here and there like torn down campsites and old abandoned dens she'd used. It was not a quick process, and Scylla had done a decent job trying to cover her tracks whenever she left somewhere she'd bedded down at. It was clear she was trying to not be found, and were he a less astute tracker, he probably would have lost her trail long ago. As it turned out, Alastor was still on the hunt, winding his way westward until he found a fresher trail and followed it past the rapids of Valta and down the waterfalls to the base of Mount Volkan, to the hot springs at the base of the volcano.

The stench of sulphur rising from the steam around the hot springs masked most of Scylla's scent, and every now and again Alastor would have to stop to recalibrate his nose before he could find her trail again. Eventually, the giant obsidian brute wandered out into the cluster of hot springs, looking about through the steam at each of the pools. Scylla's scent was strongest around here; he couldn't be too far behind her. Now he just had to find her... Alastor considered using the straightforward approach and just calling out for her, but on the chance that she didn't want to be found, he opted instead for the subtle approach, stalking around each of the steamy pools of water to see if he could spot her in any of them, moving like a living shadow amongst the humid mist.

"Alastor Mendacium"

Warning: Alastor is an explicitly mature character for violent and sexual content. Read his threads with caution.
As his mate, Manea may enter any of Alastor's threads not marked Private.

Scylla

Obscura
Sovereign

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (270)

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Res

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
05-20-2024, 06:28 PM

"So far from home," a purr would sound from within the shrouding mist. Scylla hadn't been submerged in one of the pools but had been resting on a flat piece of rock between the steaming pockets of water. The slate and cream fae had come to this place not only because she enjoyed a good soak, but because the area was particularly misty in the winter. Blankets of steam, the scent of sulfur to make one nose-blind... It provided ample coverage for someone that didn't wish to be found. 

Sliding down from her perch, Scylla cut through the mist and made her way towards Alastor. There was no mistaking the giant, furry brute for anyone else. She knew him intimately, after all. The small woman stood before the hulking man, one brow lifting in question.  "What are you doing here, Alastor? This surely isn't a coincidence." She wasn't going back. There was nothing for her in Elysium. Not a damn thing.

"Scylla"
Scylla should be seen as a very adult character who will indulge in acts that others may find graphic and uncomfortable. Steer clear if you don't like this sort of thing.
[Image: vF1xS6t.png]

Alastor

"You're never fully dressed without a smile!"

Elysium
Advisor

Master Fighter (243)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Joe

LoserThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ice Bridge ExplorerWordyCritical Fail!
05-23-2024, 03:05 PM

Sultry lyrics purred through the hiss of steam in the wintry air like a siren call, perking Alastor’s red-tipped ears atop his crown. Those abyssal black eyes scanned around for the source of the voice. She wasn’t in any of the pools he could see, but his keen nose and tracking skills had brought him to within feet of her. Once Scylla began to move Alastor noticed her, the subtle shift of motion through the mist catching his obsidian eyes like a hawk. The giant brute had known Scylla likely wouldn’t want to be found, but he hadn’t really given her that choice. Alastor was a little bit possessive of the wolves he cared about that way.

Alastor turned to face Scylla while she slunk closer towards him, her diminutive form almost comically small compared to his mountainous size. He took a couple steps closer as she approached him to help close the distance, and once they stood before one another, only then did he give her one of his characteristic smiles. Not manic or demented the way she had seen in their midnight fit of passion, but a genuine show of teeth, happy to see her again. She looked… well, not quite well, but not struggling either. She was fed and her coat was groomed as it usually was. She was at least taking care of herself. Scylla had always been a fiercely independent fae.

"Why, I was looking for you, my dear," answered the dark brute earnestly, dropping his haunches to the ground to sit more comfortably while they spoke. "I wanted to make sure you were well after your sudden departure from Elysium. You know Manea and I care a great deal about your wellbeing." Call him an eternal father type, Alastor couldn’t sleep in peace without knowing the young woman he considered like a daughter to him was safe, sound, and healthy. The smile slowly fell from Alastor’s muzzle, his obsidian eyes softening as he regarded the slate and cream fae with something akin to paternal affection, though far more intimate. "Are you well, Scylla?"

"Alastor Mendacium"

Warning: Alastor is an explicitly mature character for violent and sexual content. Read his threads with caution.

Scylla

Obscura
Sovereign

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Res

06-01-2024, 08:13 PM

Pleasantries then. Alastor admitted that he was looking for her before seating himself. Scylla did the same, haunches folding until they sat before one another. Just a conversation between friends. Words between old buddies. He admitted that she meant a great deal to both himself and Manea. The diminutive fae nodded. She knew this. Surely he knew that she appreciated him in return after the lovely gift that she'd given him way back when.

Next he asked if she was well and the look in his eye spoke volumes that his words did not. "I'm always fine," she flashed him a smile full of teeth. "If things aren't fine, I make them fine," the woman assured him. "There's never a reason to worry about me, Alastor." Set the mask in place. Smile for the masses. Everything was fine fine fine. She was the most independent wolf that she knew and she wasn't boasting about that. Scylla Klein could take care of herself just like she always had and always would. "I'm sorry that you came this far for nothing."

"Scylla"
Scylla should be seen as a very adult character who will indulge in acts that others may find graphic and uncomfortable. Steer clear if you don't like this sort of thing.

Alastor

"You're never fully dressed without a smile!"

Elysium
Advisor

Master Fighter (243)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Joe

06-07-2024, 07:53 PM

Scylla reassured him that she was totally fine, and were he any other wolf, Alastor might have believed her. Alastor was decidedly not any other wolf though. Her dour seriousness with how she was responding to him, that mask of a smile with too much teeth and too little sincerity in her mismatched eyes. Part of being a father was knowing when your children weren't telling you the whole truth, and right now, Alastor's daddy senses were tingling. Despite how much Scylla repeated herself trying to convince him that she was fine, he could feel her pain. He could see her being strong for herself because he had been in her position before.

The slate and cream fae apologized that he'd come after her for nothing, but Alastor refuted that with a shake of his head. "Making sure someone important to you is safe and sound is never 'nothing', dear Scylla," he gently corrected her, remaining seated calmly where he was while he watched her with obsidian eyes like a hawk, never venturing from her. "I had to make myself 'fine' to survive as long as I have too. I understand." Alastor was quiet for a moment, just studying Scylla. It was heartbreaking and sardonically amusing to think of how she could have been his daughter too if Saracyn hadn't strayed from their planned paths.

"You didn't do anything wrong," he spoke up after a stretch of silence. He knew Scylla would understand what he meant. "Life just likes to be cruel to us sometimes." Alastor lifted a giant paw to trace his digits across the deep scar over his left eye—his token for risking his life to save his once-betrothed. He wouldn't ask if she wanted to talk about what was on her heart; if Scylla wanted to vent to him, she knew she could. If she needed to let her frustrations out on him and bite and claw, she could as well. But Alastor didn't stand, and he made it obvious that he wasn't going anywhere yet. Not until he was sure Scylla was actually going to be more than 'fine'.

"Alastor Mendacium"

Scylla

Obscura
Sovereign

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (270)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Res

06-23-2024, 10:01 AM

Alastor spoke again, doing the dad thing, and Scylla grumbled, doing the sulking daughter thing. She didn't need another father. Despite that, she liked Al. She liked him a lot. What did he want from her though? Did he want her to pour out her heart to him? Did he want her to be your typical female and cry? Beat the ground with her paws and wail about how life wasn't fair? Sorry, Charlie. That wasn't her thing. She could plainly speak the truth, however.

"I've no desire to watch them raise our children together." He would know exactly what she was talking about. "I have no desire to wait around until Saracyn decides today is a good day to give me attention. I'm destined for bigger and better things, Alastor." One paw lifted and she made a little sweeping gesture. "So away I went."

The woman's long tail flicked a few times and she maintained eye contact with the giant man. "Despite all of that, I'll be fine, just as I said. I'm always fine." Scylla didn't know what sort of bigger and better things she was destined for, but things always had a way of working out for her. "Don't worry, okay?"

"Scylla"