size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-09-2024, 01:22 AM
they'd hoped the drink would help, but mostly Spider just feels vaguely...untethered, now. a warmth rests heavily in the pit of their stomach, and their tongue's a little numb where it sits in their mouth, but for the most part it's done little to improve their mood. cradling the bottle in one paw, Spider frowns blearily at the festivities around them and scuffs their free paw in the grass. how many times did Hazel attend this bonfire? what was her favourite part? had she sat with Bas, confident in the love they shared? the very idea twists their stomach, and they chase it away with another swig, wincing at the burn as it sears down their throat. ugh, does this stuff always have to taste so bitter?

"Speech"
1-D4-BC8-FA-F2-A8-4248-A607-57-A418-BA7-D2-C-removebg-preview

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

Master Intellectual (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-09-2024, 01:50 AM

Ignita had not had much of a chance to visit with Spider since their smithing lessons and even less of a chance to console them after... Things fell apart. Finally here at the festival, they could conveniently sit together. She knew they were hurting, and she had wished she had a chance to at least sit with them before this, but needs must and they were both working hard for the Armada.

She came close to Spider, the book in her satchel ready for her to break it open and consume.
"Hey Spi, can I sit with you? Artorias let me see the library and I'm borrowing a book. Wanna see it?" She asked, trying to ignore the scent of wine on their breath. Maybe she could distract them a bit from the misery they surely must be feeling. She tried to ignore the guilt also coiling within her, feeling like the misery they were feeling was all her fault.

"Ignita"

[Image: xjgqzZS.png]
Basilisk may enter her threads without warning.

[Image: bU9k2tE.png]

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (216)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-09-2024, 03:05 AM
Spider squints at the pale figure as it settles beside them, needing a moment before their brain registers the presence as familiar. “oh. hey, Ig.” their voice is raspy and flat, a far cry from their usual enthusiasm. they glance down at the aforementioned book, scarcely able to make out the title. “y’re al’ways readin’ books, aren’t cha?” they slur, a crooked little smile hiking up one corner of their mouth and slipping away a second later. “‘m not the best company at the moment, Iggy. Igster.” but looking into their friends eager face softens them, and their next words are softer. gentler. “al’right. show me this…” what’re they called again? “book.”

"Speech"

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-09-2024, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2024, 02:31 PM by Ignita. Edited 1 time in total.)

Oh, Spider. If only she could tell them everything if only she could comfort them without harming them further. The way they slur their words sends her mind to spinning, running, retreating, praying to find a dark small hole where no one could find her until the morning. But she fought it, she knew she could trust Spider and Bas. This was a very different crowd than the drunken throngs of her past.

She didn't mind if they were not great company, heck she could sit nearby and quietly read the book on her own, still feeling their comradeship quietly together. But they changed their mind and she delightfully brought it out, sitting closer to them to let them look at the pages together.

"Oh good! Bas got me some paints and he wanted me to experiment and see what I can do with them. I was thinking of making a mural and labeling some of the caverns! This'll help me make more paints! Like this!" She pointed to a picture of a pot of dark salmon pink, flecks of shiny mica next to it, "If mix this one up, I can get the perfect shade for your eyes and piercing after you get it!" She happily explained. She loved sharing with them. Hopefully, the distractions would help.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (216)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-09-2024, 07:58 PM
even in the inebriated throes of too much wine, Spider finds themselves glancing warily at the crowds that gather around them, moving in closer as though to shield Ig from prying eyes. she’s bigger than them, but they can’t help their protective instincts. as Ignita begins to speak, they lean in close - maybe too close, but all concept of personal space has kind of evaporated at the moment - and makes a few noises of interest. honestly, a bit of it’s going over their head in their current state, but it all sounds expectedly impressive. “that’s our igggggyy,” Spider coos, ”always thinking smart thoughts.”

they reach out a paw and smooth it over one of the pages, enjoying the texture. their head tips to one side, eyeing their friend curiously. if they recall correctly, this is the second time Ig has mentioned their eye colour. “hmmm.” the sound is considering, half-playful and half-contemplative. “like my eyes, do you?” they tease, leaning in closer and widening their eyes for effect. letting Ig look her fill. ”you can have em, if you like. i’ve got two pairs.” a little grin, a tiny slash of a thing. at least they’re not thinking of - we’renotdoingthis. ”but then, i think yours are better. you’ve got the sun in your eyes.” does that expression usually mean something else? eh, whatever. Spider tips the bottle back and lets a mouthful burn a path down their throat.

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-09-2024, 09:20 PM

They leaned in close, Ignita couldn't help but smile as they unsteadily looked at the page. Oblivious of the way Spider places themselves protectively by her. She giggled as they dragged out her name and pulled her face back as the wine breath really got into her nose. She laughed to cover a cough.

They felt the page in their drunkenness and she waited as they put a few thoughts together. She couldn't help the silly smile on her lips as they tried their best to tell her about taking his eyes. She scrunched her nose up as she laughed when they said Iggy had the sun in her eyes.
"I'm not taking your eyes, Spi and you can't have mine!" She teased right back sticking her tongue out at them.

"What do you think of the festival, have you been to any other festivals?" she asked, she wondered if Spider had come last year for the festival. She started to notice that were a lot more people around and she was starting to get a little nervous. Maybe after her quick visit with Spi she might head out of the tent for a quieter space to read her book with less wine involved.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (216)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-10-2024, 01:26 AM
“you don’t want my eyes, Ig?” Spider pouts, gazing at their friend with big, exaggeratedly sad eyes. “how rude.” they can feel their mood lifting a little, that earlier melancholy dispelled in the presence of Ignita’s sunny exterior. “yeah, i’ve been once when i was little. i didn’t stay long, though.” they glance out over the plains, tracking the revellers with a wistful sigh. they lift the bottle again, poising the edge by their lips - then pause. out of the corner of their eye, they suddenly note Ig’s discomfort, the way she shuffles and watches the bottle warily. ”oh.” Spider lowers the bottle and kicks it away, guilt and nausea suddenly a squirming cocktail in their stomach. ”i’m sorry…i didn’t realise…i didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.” a wave of self loathing grips them, and they bow their head as the weight of it bears down. they should’ve noticed Ignita’s discomfort, should’ve realised they were upsetting her. Spider sniffles and stares at their feet, wishing the ground would swallow them whole. “sorry, um…” they blink up at the sky, scowling against the tears gathering along their lash line. “i shouldn’t be moping. she wouldn’t want me to mope.”

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-10-2024, 10:08 PM

She giggles as they exaggeratedly pout and call her rude, hiding her face behind her paws, trying to contain the sillies. She takes a deep breath and notices how they're protectively separating her from the crowd. She appreciates the sentiment, with so many eyes and strangers, the sensation of being perceived was uncomfortable. With so many around her and the smell of wine, she was starting to get dizzy and distant.

It seems Spider notices her discomfort and quickly apologizes and kicks the bottle away.
"Oh! No, Spider, it's fine." She shakes her head, grappling with her mind to come back and soothe them.
"It's not you at all, if - if you like it, that's fine." She said, pushing a paw out to them. They start blinking and scowling to push back the tears. She knew exactly why they would even have tears. It was her turn to protect them, she could focus and shield them from the prying eyes around them. She didn't mind.

She sat up and pressed herself next to them, she would take an arm and present the option of letting her hug them. She was a poor substitute for their wine-infused heartache, but she knew the drunkenness could either reveal whatever the heart needed most or reveal what the heart despised most. She was no stranger to drunks of all kinds.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (216)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-11-2024, 09:47 AM
Spider leans into Ignita’s touch, smiling gratefully. her weight against them is comforting; she’s soft and she smells like those books she’s always reading, and her voice is soothing as it reverberates through their bodies. “i dun’ know if i like it,” they confess, scrubbing at their eyes. then they pull an exaggerated face, more to make Ig laugh than anything else. “it’s so bitter.” but they can’t deny they appreciate the distance it’s granted them, the layer of gauze that seems to have wrapped around the more painful parts of their mind. maybe they’re beginning to realise why adults do this. the thought hits them like a hammer strike. they’re almost an adult - about a month away, now.

bile rises up their throat, and they swallow it down. in all honesty, despite their antics, they haven’t felt like a child in a long time. but to know it’s really all over now…in less than a season, they’ll be as old as Bas was when he became their Dad. stars, what a clusterfuck of a thought. “i’m glad you’re here, Ig,” Spider sighs, pushing the thought away. they shift slightly to look at her full on, trying not to dislodge her paw. “you’re really important to me, you know?” the drink has made their tongue lose and honest, but what’s the harm in telling a friend how much they care? “i really appreciate you. you’re smart and kind and i know you wouldn’t do anything to hurt me.”

"Speech"

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-11-2024, 05:36 PM

They lean in and melt into her. Ignita giggles at their exaggerated face and holds a warm smile as they call it bitter. They seem to grow pensive for a moment and she looks around, seeing that actually not any people noticed them at all. A kind of privacy among the crowd of strangers.

She pulls back slightly as they sigh and shift to look up at her. Awww! She was glad she was here too... then their next words made her catch her breath and freeze. They were inebriated, and they had no reason to be dishonest, under the layers of drink their truth was revealed and it broke her heart.

"Thank you, Spi." She started and pressed her forehead against theirs for a half moment. Suddenly aware that Bas might not approve of that amount of closeness to his heir. "I appreciate you very much too, you're very important to me. I would hate to hurt you." Her eyes grew misty. Knowing she was already the cause of their pain. She wanted to promise them she would never hurt them... but alas... Technically she already had. They just didn't know it yet, and she couldn't say a thing about it. "Promise you'll forgive me if I do?" She asked quietly, it was a risk, it was a sliver of hope... They might not even remember such a promise when they sobered up, they might not have even heard her over the murmuring of the crowds.

"Ignita"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (216)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
06-12-2024, 12:12 AM
Spider’s brows crinkle in confusion, casting Ig a considering look. there’s something on her face they can’t discern, a strange shifting of emotions, none of them particularly positive. there’s a new tension about her, something that hadn’t been present mere heartbeats before. have they said something? Spider melts, heart aching for the kind little slave. always worried about upsetting those around her, despite the many hardships she herself has endured. reaching out, Spider tips a paw under Ignita’s chin and lifts it with a gentle touch. “of course, Ig,” they say softly, eyes filled with sincerity. “there’s nothing you could do that would make me hate you.” in their inebriated state, they don’t quite understand the gravity of the promise they’re making - but it feels right to say. shucking her lightly, Spider lowers their paw and stands shakily to their feet. “c’mon,” they coax, “let’s go find something to eat. i wanna know what southern food tastes like.”

"Speech"

Ignita

Armada
Steward

Advanced Navigator (110)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Pride - DemisexualWordy
06-12-2024, 11:11 AM

Her heart skips a beat, the tears threaten to overflow, his small black paw gently lifts her chin. It was so soft, and small, and though Spider was smaller than her they were a practiced fighter. They were still stronger than her. Four soft eyes, glassy from drink make her want to weep as they promise naively she could never hurt them.

Oh Bas, what have we done... She blinked gratefully at them, forcing a wicked tear to escape, hopefully they didn't notice.
A sound escaped their mouth and she feels their paw leave her chin. She was grateful for the change of subject, she didn't know how long she would last under that sincerest gaze. She nodded and quickly stood by them while they got up. She smiled and giggled a little as they walked. She drew herself up beside them to lean on and together they went to figure out what southern food tasted like.

"Speech"