Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
06-10-2024, 08:57 PM
The chosen of land to patrol that day was the swampy marshes of Avian Estuary. Recently the pups had been born and with plenty of wolves to help watch over them, Gilgamesh requested Modesty to tag along with him today. Knowing she probably wasn't back at full energy just yet, he keeps his pace slow and deliberate. Making sure to avoid the wettest of areas and attempting to keep them on a rather dry path.

"The pups appear healthy," Gilgamesh begins, the ease of small talk feeling more natural as his brain attempted to navigate the changes made from his injury. "I hope Sakana is proving useful as well and keeping you and Jael healthy too," he adds on, his stoic expression keeping any sort of "old Gil" hidden. No smiles, no crinkling eyes, just straight forward and nonsensical. More like... Gil before he met Modesty, but with an edge.

"Is there anything I can help with? I feel my injury is getting better. I should be able to do more soon," there is a sliver of hope there, an open wound of pride that he was becoming too useless. If they could conceive pups without him, then what good was he to the pack anymore? Continuing south through the estuary toward the southern beach, Gilgamesh steals a few glances toward Modesty, wondering what all she'll reveal to him.

The Raid King, Gilgamesh
table coding by bunni ♥

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
06-15-2024, 09:56 PM

Modesty was getting into a habit of being up with the sun, making a circle of the Moor to check on and feed the stock, then coming back to the treehouse to check on Jael and the kids then going back out to the Estuary to make sure everything was as it should be. She had spotted a giant, dinosaur like bird out of the edges of the Estuary and wanted to make sure it stayed out towards the edges and away from Nim's turtle pond. She was also doing her best to map out where they should build a shelter for the birds to encourage them into nesting boxes, rather than... all over the place like they currently were.

This morning, however? She had allowed herself a rare sleep in. Ken had told her the night before he would look after the livestock in the mornings, she was almost sure it was because he planned on setting up another still that he didn't want his mother stumbling across but, if it meant he was taking on more responsibility, she wouldn't deny him that.

Gil's invitation was met with a smile that wasn't returned, and she tripped over it for just a minute. It wasn't his fault, and it wasn't her fault, everything was fine. He was alive and he was here and that was enough. Wasn't it?

It was easier when they were walking and she could focus on where she was placing her paws, eyes forward and ears tipping to take in the sounds of the estuary around them. The distant machine-gun clacking, like a woodpecker, but... more visceral, caught her attention for a moment, but then Gil was talking and she turned her ears towards him instead. It was easier if she wan't looking at him.

"Sakana is invaluable as always, and the pups seem to be doing well..." A few were... Unusual. Pythia was clearly blind as a bat and something wasn't quite right with Corsair... almost like Gil wasn't right but not quite... More... conflicted. Serious. Potentially dangerous, going from 0 to 100 in the blink of an eye, one beast clearly winning out over the other, but both confused, neither certain. Maybe he'd grow out of it? Who knew?

But she forced a smile, considering his offer. "They'd all be better off learning to fight from someone who actually knows what they are doing." She swung her hip to bump against his, "They won't always have a tree to fall out of." She allowed her gaze to turn back towards the Estuary as they made their way down to the beach. "I was talking to Nimbus about the best way to make use of all these birds, we were thinking maybe a shelter where we feed them until they get used to us. If they associate us with food rather than being it, maybe we can encourage them to nest somewhere easier to get to." It was light work. She didn't want to ask him to go waging wars. Not yet.

"What do you want to do about Ethne?" She had no idea what name they were going by these days, but changing a name didn't change who they were, at their core.

"speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (810)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
06-27-2024, 08:51 AM
He notices how she doesn’t exactly meet his eye, but he doesn’t really blame her either. Not that he quite remembers the old him, but from the way Modesty and the others act, he knows something isn’t right. At times, it doesn’t bother him, like in this moment, as they walk because he feels he’s trying. But when he’s alone, patrolling those borders, ensuring his paranoia doesn’t win him over, he wonders if he could change…

Her forced smile that doesn’t reach her eyes has his heart deflating slightly, but his expression doesn’t react. Instead, his gazes moves away, ears turning to listen to her. Until she swings her hip to his, his gait stumbling a step and a rare smile reveals on his grey lips. “It has been a while since you’ve fallen from a tree,” Gilgamesh teases back, leaning over to bump his shoulder into hers once his steps are corrected.

“Nimbus should be capable of such a feat,” Gilgamesh muses, a hum in his throat as he looks out around the estuary. There truly were a lot of birds around here and corralling some of them would do them good. “I’ll set up some lessons. Both with the new brood and the older ones who need more training,” he sighs, knowing he won’t be able to raid for forever. Were they already getting that old?

Her question though has his attention, something rippling through his expression and down his spine enough that his fur puffs up. Just because his personality chip was damaged did not mean his memory had been affected. “I told Bellamy when she approached our border that day that I would come for Haydee. I wonder sometimes if it is even worth the effort if she is always going to be a coward and have others defend her honor for her,” Gilgamesh muses aloud, knowing Modesty would have some sort of opinion on the matter.

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (306)

Master Intellectual (260)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Wordy1KRaiderDream WeaverTeacherStudent
Double MasterSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
06-29-2024, 12:29 AM

Modesty's shoulders itched to tense and push forward towards her ears at the mention of Bellamy on their borders, of Haydee constantly hiding in the shadow of others, but she breathed in deeply through her nose and allowed a sigh to pass her lips. Her head shook first, caracal ears smacking against her cheeks before her shoulders followed suit with clacking quills. By the time the movement reached her hips and tail it was barely a wiggle, her limbs moving easier with the dispelled tension. She was at home, Gil was by her side. She knew everything was fine, for now.

While she was still pissed and would reward her pack for causing harm to whatever they were calling themselves these days if they happened to run into them, Modesty had no desire to take out Haydee's cowardice on the rest of the pack. If someone had come after Deluge, wouldn't she step in and protect her daughter? She couldn't fault them for that. Karma would run its course she was certain, in the long run. "We will not forgive, and we won't forget," A small sharp-edged grin pulled at her lips, punctuated with a nonchalant shrug. "She'll get what's coming to her, one way or another." She left it open for Gil to interpret that how he wanted. If he wanted to be the swift paw of justice, she wouldn't tell him no, and if the opportunity presented itself, she fully expected him to act. There was no advantage to keeping them onside, therefore, the consequences would be negligible.

She wanted the distance to close up between them and inched closer as they strolled, an easy smile on her face circling back to his mention that it had been a while since she had fallen from a tree. A change of topic to something lighter, more fitting for the day. "Maybe I never really fell in the first place and fully intended to capture you, did you ever consider that?" She couldn't keep the fondness from her voice or the hint of a tease. She wanted to believe Artorias, that the changes were just temporary, and despite the new strain between them they were strong enough to overcome it.

That they would be ok.

"speech"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (810)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
07-04-2024, 01:29 AM
It was obvious by her body language and motions that she was done speaking on the topics of politics. For Gilgamesh, that was fine by him. He too was tired of the semantics, the bullshit, the frustrating frustrations that came with dealing with supposed leaders that couldn't actual lead. Or wolves that were too cowardly to deal with the problems they created. So he doesn't reply, doesn't speak on what Modesty says. It's not that he disagrees, it's quite the opposite - he agrees wholeheartedly. Now was the time to allow mother nature to run her course.

Instead, he focuses on how Modesty inches closer, closing the distance as they draw nearer to the beach. Greeted by the sound of waves rolling onto sand, his ears perking up at the calming noise. They then turn to Modesty as she speaks, her words fond and teasing. What say poses brings back an even fonder memory, one that actually does bring a smile to his lips this time. Everything that had happened in the last few seasons washed away, stripping Gilgamesh back to... Gil. The Gil that was unashamedly and irrevocably in love with Modesty well before she ever knew she was in love with him.

"I knew I was captured the moment you landed on top of me," he replies easily, his chin turning to reach out and press his cheek to hers for a moment. His paws stop, the cool sand beneath them sinking beneath his weight. Closing his eyes and letting out a sigh, he finally feels all the emotions begin to well up. "I wish we could go back," Gilgamesh whispers, a true and honest admission that he hadn't even told himself.

The Raid King, Gilgamesh
table coding by bunni ♥