gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
06-12-2024, 10:47 PM
Aurelia's breath clouded in the frigid air, her sharpened senses zeroing in on the silhouette of Caedes' den. The valley floor crunched beneath her paws, echoing with the sound of frozen grass breaking under her weight. The terrain was making her progress painfully slow, every step aching in protest against her heavy belly that swung low.

Her cyan eyes glinted with impatience as another wave of discomfort washed over her, the new lives within her squirming and stretching. "Can't you brats settle down?" she muttered under her breath, a smirk pulling at her lips despite the sharp jab of pain that followed. As if in response, there was a vigorous kick against her ribcage before they settled again. Aurelia grumbled in annoyance but couldn't help the fondness that softened her gaze as she glanced down at her swollen belly.

She moved as quickly as she could towards the den where Caedes resided, eager to be done with this uncomfortable journey. Her bones ached and she could feel the pull of the upcoming birth in every fiber of her being. The scent of herbs wafted towards her, mixed with the metallic tang of blood and the comforting musk of Caedes. The wolf, much like herself, was not particularly in tune with social graces, but Aurelia had come to appreciate his gruff demeanor and the quiet space he provided.

Pushing through the entrance of the den, she didn’t hesitate before calling out. “Caedes, you home?”

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

"Devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say."

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
06-12-2024, 10:53 PM

Caedes looked up from his work, the sharp tang of freshly crushed herbs filling the air. The rhythmic grinding of pestle against mortar halted as he registered Aurelia’s voice. Her scent mingled with the earthy aroma of the den, and her feathers tinted with the unmistakable signs of pregnant discomfort. The brute’s piercing emerald eyes flashed intrigue, a rare flicker of concern crossing his usually stern features. Was she having difficulties with her growing brood?

“Aurelia,” He acknowledged roughly, his voice low and steady. He rose, the shadows of the den playing across his muscular frame as he moved towards her. “Do you need something? You do not need to come here yourself, I can visit you. Do not push yourself too hard.” He quirked a brow, looking her over for any visible injury as he beckoned her inside out of the cold. Caedes had always been taught to take special care with pregnant women, to treat them well; Astrid demanded it.

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.

Aurelia

Somnium

Master Intellectual (246)

Master Healer (245)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Cosmetologist Cosmetologist

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
06-12-2024, 10:54 PM

Aurelia gave a scoff that reverberated off the rough, jagged walls of the den, her striking cyan eyes rolling dramatically in response to Caedes' concern. "I'm not some damsel in distress, Caedes," Her expression changed as a sharp pang of discomfort shot through her body, causing her to carefully lower herself onto the cold, unyielding stone floor. “Just nearing my due date.” The strain and discomfort she had been hiding was now visible in her tense posture and furrowed brow.

As to why she was here. “I’m actually looking for some extra herbs,” Aurelia began, her gaze sweeping around his den with casual interest. It was filled with shelves of jars and bundles of dried plants, emanating a heady scent that made Aurelia's senses tingle. "I have some Lavender, Chamomile, and Feverfew all ready," she continued, listing off the herbs she already had. "But I need something to help with the pain. You got anything?" Her eyes flicked back to Caedes, searching for a spark of recognition in his verdant gaze.

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

06-12-2024, 10:57 PM

Caedes chuckled lowly at her retort, the sound rumbling in his chest as he regarded her with a calm composure. “I never took you for a damsel in distress, Aurelia. But you are pregnant and the strain can become more severe if you do not care for yourself properly. I am sure you know this, so fault me for my concern but know it is justifiable. Bringing life into the world is one of the most difficult and wonderful things a woman can do. We men are put to shame by it.” He watched her lower herself to the floor, noting the tension etched into her features. It wasn’t his aim to argue with her, the words fell from his lips like a simple fact and nothing more. Well, asides from a touch of amusement. A jest, really.

He nodded as she listed the herbs she had. “Good choices,” The brute acknowledged, moving to the shelves. His fingers deftly sorted through jars and bundles until he found what he was looking for. “Here,” He said, holding up a small jar filled with various dried herbs. “Guelder rose and Raspberry leaf. Excellent for pain relief and safe for pregnancy.” He handed her the jar, his eyes meeting hers with a spark of assurance and contemplation. “It will help ease the discomfort.”

As he stood before her, an idea sparked in his mind, recalling a previous conversation they had shared about methods of administering sedatives. “You know,” Caedes began, his voice thoughtful, “I have been working on something that might interest you. Remember our talk about alternative ways to administer medication?” Without waiting for a response, he stood and moved to his workbench where the set of stonefish spine needles were placed.

“These are stonefish spines, naturally hollow and sharpened,” He explained, bringing one over to her. “I have been experimenting with using them to deliver herbal extracts directly into the body. It is a more precise method and can be very effective. Though I am sure there are countless more uses than what I have in mind.” He held one up, showing her the fine craftsmanship. His piercing emerald eyes watched her carefully, genuinely curious about her reaction.

"speaking"

Aurelia

Somnium

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
06-12-2024, 10:58 PM
Aurelia couldn't help but let out a snort of laughter at Caedes' words, amusement glittering in her bright cyan eyes. "Well, well, aren't you full of surprises?" she drawled, shifting her body to try and find a more comfortable position against the rough, rocky floor. "You should tell that to the rest of the pack." The tension in her body eased slightly as she settled down, her fur bristling against the cold stone. Somehow, despite his gruff exterior and standoffish demeanor, Caedes had a calming effect on her. It was a rare thing.

As he delicately extended the jar towards her, she regarded it with a sharp gaze, taking in every detail of his face before shifting her attention to the dried herbs within. The tantalizing scents of Guelder rose and Raspberry leaf wafted up to her nose, making her nostrils twitch in anticipation. "Thank you," she murmured, a rare glimmer of true gratitude shining through her usual facade of nonchalance. With a graceful touch, she accepted the jar from him and carefully tucked it away into one of her well-worn satchels.

Aurelia's eyes sparkled with interest at Caedes's mention of their earlier conversation, her gaze following him as he gracefully crossed the den to his workbench. His movements were fluid and precise, "I remember," she replied, shifting her body to fully face him. She couldn't help but be drawn in by his intense focus and the allure of what he held in his grasp - a set of sharp stonefish spine needles. Despite the discomfort and exhaustion that had settled into her bones, Aurelia found herself unable to resist the growing curiosity and excitement sparked by Caedes's proposition.

Her voice was laced with deep curiosity as she leaned in, her eyes narrowing as she studied the intricate design of the needles. With a mixture of anticipation and skepticism, her expression revealed the unpredictable nature that made her so intriguing. She seemed to hold all the secrets in her gaze, daring anyone to try and figure her out. "So, do you think you've finally unraveled it?" she asked, her tone filled with playful challenge.

Aurelia took the needle from Caedes as he carefully offered her a look, her expression thoughtful as she turned it over in her paw. "Interesting," she grumbled, the word half-lost in a sigh. The undercurrent of pain in her voice was clear, though she made no move to show it on her face. "Seems like something worth trying." Aurelia handed the spine back to him, a glimmer of interest flickering in her cyan eyes. "Do you know how reliable it is? Would it be a first resort?" she added, her tone lacing with grim intrigue as she reclined back against the wall of the den and closed her eyes. There was an unspoken challenge there, a test of his skills and knowledge, but also a rare display of trust, however begrudgingly given. “I suppose if you found someone desperate enough, there wouldn’t be much to lose?” She finished in amusement, looking for any sort of recognition in the other healer.

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

06-12-2024, 10:59 PM

Caedes met her laughter with a wry half smirk, a brief flicker of mirth in his usually stoic expression. “Perhaps I will,” He replied, his voice carrying a sarcastic edge. “Though I doubt the pack would be very receptive.”

As Aurelia accepted the jar of herbs with thanks, Caedes inclined his head slightly. “You are welcome.” The dire brute said simply, the moment of gratitude from her was not lost on him. He watched as she carefully stowed the jar away, noting the flicker of trust in her eyes. He shrugged the thought away, opting to focus on the present.

When her curiosity shifted to the stonefish spine needles he’d brought out, Caedes couldn’t help but feel a spark of pride. He watched her study the needle, the mix of anticipation and skepticism in her gaze not going unnoticed. “I doubt I will ever discover all the uses possible in my lifetime, but there is hope.” The brute replied, his tone serious yet tinged with excitement. He was rather fixated on studies, after all.

As she turned the needle over in her paw, her pain barely concealed, Caedes’ mind ran through what else he could offer her in the way of pain relief. But her resilience impressed him, even as he noted the toll it was taking on her. He’d hoped at that moment that she would have an easy birth at the very least. “The reliability is promising, though aside from tests I have not had the opportunity to use them in real situations.” He explained, his voice steady and confident.

Taking the needle back from her, he considered her questions carefully. “A first resort, no. Not yet. It is more of an option when conventional methods are not sufficient, or when a more immediate effect is needed. Desperation is not the ideal scenario, but it is often where innovations such as this find their place.” Caedes admitted, meeting her gaze with a steady intensity.

He could sense the challenge in her words, the test of his skills and knowledge. He met her gaze as he retorted. “And everything to gain.” He added, his voice carrying a small note of camaraderie as his lips curled upwards in a grin. “By all means, if you think of any uses, I am taking suggestions.” His tone was still a low rumble, but lighter than his usual detachment; his excitement for his experiments seeing through the cracks.

"speaking"

Aurelia

Somnium

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
06-12-2024, 11:00 PM
Aurelia took one last look at the needles on the workbench, their sharp ends gleaming dully in the muted light of the den. She was silent for a moment, her cyan eyes scanning over the deadly delicacy of each instrument with a critical, yet fascinated gaze. "Innovation born from desperation..." she repeated, the words curling around her tongue and hanging in the air like a misty breath. It wasn't an unfamiliar concept to her - her entire existence was built upon that very foundation.

She cast a sidelong glance at Caedes, her lips twisting into a smirk. "I suppose you're right," she answered, unfolding herself from her resting position. "Desperation has a way of making us a little more willing to take risks." A chuckle rumbled in her chest, a sound more akin to a growl. "In any case, your needles intrigue me, Caedes. You've got my attention." Lazily, she stretched, arching her back and flexing her nails against the cool stone floor. With careful movements, she rose to her feet, every line of her body radiating the lingering pain that she refused to acknowledge. Yet, even as she moved with guarded grace, the playful glint never left her eyes.

“You know, they’d make excellent piercing tools as well- at least some of the larger ones.” She mused, her gaze falling back to the array of needles. “It would probably be more sterile than simply jabbing the jewelry into one's skin.” A teasing tone entered her voice, her gaze steady on Caedes, daring him to dismiss her idea. “I wonder how well they would hold up to heat? Perhaps they could even cauterize as well.” There was a thought. But if it could prevent ear bleeds- perhaps it would be a worthwhile preventative.

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

06-12-2024, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2024, 11:03 PM by Caedes. Edited 1 time in total.)

Her comment about the needles as piercing tools made him chuckle, the low sound reverberating through the den. Certainly not an idea he would have had on his own. “An interesting thought. I can see the potential,” Caedes admitted, skull tilting sideways ever so slightly in intrigue. Healers did, at times, perform body modifications such as piercings, so it was not a stretch. “They would certainly be more precise and sterile…” Rather than the old method of bone or jabbing the metal straight in with brute force.

He paused, a thoughtful look crossing his features as an idea popped into his head. “I wonder.” He began, a note of curiosity and challenge in his voice as he rummaged about his den, and returned with a pair of two red pieces of metal. “I received these as a gift from someone special. I was planning on adding them to my helm, but if I attach them to a piercing…”

“If you are up to the task, you could test the needles on me. See how well your suggestion holds out.” Caedes’ grin widened, revealing the excitement behind his composed demeanor. “Consider it a rare opportunity. I will be the test subject. And it would give us both firsthand experience of their effectiveness in the matter.” He held her gaze, the playful glint in her eyes reflected in his own as he shot her dare back at her. “What do you say, Aurelia? Do you suppose you have a steady enough hand to pierce these ears of mine?”

"speaking"

Aurelia

Somnium

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
06-12-2024, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2024, 11:26 PM by Aurelia. Edited 1 time in total.)
Aurelia cocked her head to one side, the wintry light filtering in from the mouth of the den catching the aquamarine gradients at her cheeks. Her eyes followed the red pieces of metal that Caedes held up, her interest piqued. She padded over to him, her steps measured against the sting that resonated with every movement.

"A gift, huh?" she asked, a mischievous twinkle lighting up her cyan eyes. “Why Caedes, you wouldn’t happen to have a suitor, would you?” She asked teasingly, but even so as she examined the small pieces that he held up. An amused snort escaped from her, bouncing off the stone walls of the den. "They're handsome," she admitted, her gaze tracing the crimson sheen of the metal. She wasn’t entirely sure how successful it would be, but she was intrigued enough to give it an attempt. “I tell you what, if you prepare your pieces how you want them, I’ll take care of the rest.” A small smirk played at her lips as she glanced up at Caedes, her eyes gleaming with playful challenge.

Aurelia was quick to move in action, finding a couple pieces of scrap leather. She took one of the spines and pierced it through- though not all the way. And once she got a good hold of it, she left it at the edge of the fire to heat up. Leaning back onto her haunches, she allowed herself a moment of reprieve as the fire licked at the tips of the needle, casting flickering shadows on the jagged stone walls. Her gaze never left the needle, watching as it lost its color in the heat. "But just so you're aware," she started, her tone light but laced with sarcasm. "We’re making this up as we go along." When she deemed the needle hot enough, Aurelia plucked it from the edge of the fire. She ruffled the fur behind Caedes' ear carefully, revealing a small stretch of skin prime for piercing. "This might hurt," she warned, her voice breezy. "But who knows? Maybe you'll like it." She finished with a subtle breathy chuckle. It was something probably a little more teasingly suggestive than she would have normally said to him, but it was part of her method to provide distraction. The application of the heated needle was very quick, her movements careful and precise. She pressed the spine through his cartlidge with relative ease as she held his ear at attention- her own skin safe on the other side of the still rather warm leather. There was a very silent hiss as the wound was immediately cauterized. And once the hole had been made, Aurelia was even quicker to replace the hot spine with the red metal that had been crafted into jewelry, using her teeth to secure the back. All of this she did with careful control and a surprising tenderness that belied her usually volatile nature.

Once it was complete, she withdrew her paws- resting the needle on a nearby counter to cool off and be used again. She watched intently for the flow of blood that would have come otherwise … but after several quiet moments, it never did! “Well, how about that?” She asked, quite please with the product of her work. As she realigned her attention to his emerald gaze, she offered him a satisfied grin. “How did it feel?” She asked him.

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

06-13-2024, 01:32 PM

Caedes's eyes followed Aurelia's measured steps as she approached, the wintry light casting a soft glow on her aquamarine-tinted cheeks. He chuckled at her teasing, his expression softening just a fraction. “Perhaps.” He replied, the mischievous twinkle in her eyes mirrored in his own. “Her name is Mariah.” Sure, he didn’t think it so bad to share such a small, yet important piece of information to the woman in front of him.

He watched with interest as she examined the red pieces of metal, her amusement evident. He was pleased. ‘They're handsome,’ Aurelia admitted, her gaze tracing the crimson sheen. ‘I tell you what, if you prepare your pieces how you want them, I’ll take care of the rest.’ Her offer came, a challenge smirk across her face to boot.

Caedes nodded, setting to work immediately. His fingers deftly working to attach the pieces to the piercing tools. He couldn't help but admire Aurelia's quick action and precision as she prepared the needle itself out of the corner of his eye. The sight of her heating the spine over the fire, her concentration, filled him with a strange sense of anticipation. Would the test be successful?

She felt it necessary to remind him of the experimental part of their current trial. Caedes chuckled, the sound low and rumbling. “I would not have it any other way.” As she ruffled the fur behind his ear, revealing a small stretch of skin, he prepared himself for the impending pain. ‘This might hurt,’ She warned him. ‘But who knows? Maybe you'll like it.’ Her chuckle elicited a smirk from him, appreciating the conversation for what it was; her attempt at distraction.

The application of the heated needle was quick, her movements careful and precise. He felt the sting as it pierced through his cartilage, followed by a brief, sharp pain as the wound was cauterized. The pain was intense but fleeting, replaced by a strange warmth that spread from his ear. Once she was finished, she stepped back, resting the needle on a nearby counter to cool off. Caedes waited for the familiar flow of blood that would accompany a fresh piercing, but to his surprise, it never came.

‘Well, how about that?’ Aurelia said, clearly pleased with her work. As she realigned her attention to his emerald gaze, she offered him a satisfied grin. ‘How did it feel?’ She asked.

Caedes touched the new piercing gingerly, a grin tugging at his lips. “Not as painful as I expected,” He admitted, his tone filled with appreciation. “Very efficient. You did an expert job, Aurelia. It is a remarkable method.” He met her gaze, the camaraderie there stronger than ever. “Thank you.” The brute said, his voice softening through his usual lack of inflection.

"speaking"

Aurelia

Somnium

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
06-14-2024, 11:36 AM
"Of course," She muttered, flicking her ears dismissively at his thanks. "Just remember to keep it clean and don't touch it unless you have to." She said, the effortless transition back into her usual gruff demeanor was almost seamless. Aurelia then picked up the used needle, inspecting it for any signs of damage. There were none. Glancing back to him with a half-smirk pulling at the edge of her lip. “Are you ready for the other side?”

Having already completed the first piercing, she was far more assured of herself in mirroring it on his other side. Picking up the leather ended needle, she returned it to the fire. And once it was glowing hot, she returned to Caedes' side. She was just as delicate this time, her paw brushing his ear, revealing the skin underneath. And just before applying the spine, she pulled back a bit to ensure that she was applying the second evenly to match the first. "Here we go again," she murmured, her voice lightly laced with excitement. The needle pierced through smoothly once more, offering the cauterizing hiss upon entry. And just as it had happened the first time, the wound had sealed itself on removal of the spine. Replacing the needled on the counter, she applied the metal piece he had fashioned and once she had finished the task, she stepped back. Seeing her completed work, she offered him a satisfied grin. “It looks really good.” She said- her tone full of casual excitement.

Her attention drifted from the newly applied piercings, to his emerald gaze. And as allowed her attention to linger there, her grin met her eyes. “She must be pretty special then.” She said lightly, the notion tucked into her tone teetering between casual curiosity and playful teasing. It was a meaningless conversation ... but it was just ... nice. The sense of cammraderie, as fleeting as it was, was something she hadn’t realized she missed. And as she looked at Caedes, the recognition that he treated her like an equal struck her. A surprising thought that caught her off guard, but also filled her with a sense of appreciation- respect. Being spoken to with kindness and understanding by someone named Saxe was not something she was accustomed to. However, she kept this thought to herself, not wanting to dampen their conversation with pity. She didn’t want his pity.

"Aurelia Veratti"

Caedes

The Syndicate
Effendi-Haakim

Master Fighter (275)

Master Healer (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

06-14-2024, 06:50 PM

Caedes listened intently, nodding at Aurelia's instructions to keep the piercing clean and avoid unnecessary contact. “Understood.” He replied, his tone respectful of her expertise. He couldn't help but admire her seamless transition back to her usual gruff demeanor, her resilience and professionalism was quite similar to his own and he made note of it now.

As she inspected the used needle and asked if he was ready for the other side, Caedes's lips curled into a crooked smirk. “Always.” He responded, a glimmer of amusement in his eyes.

He held still as she repeated the process with precision. The second piercing mirrored the first, the cauterizing hiss a familiar sound now. He felt the brief, sharp pain again, followed by the same warmth spreading from his ear. Her touch was gentle and steady, which was a comfort given the delicate work she was doing.

When she stepped back to inspect her work, Caedes turned his head slightly, feeling the weight of the new metal piece. Aurelia went so far as to compliment the new piercings. Her satisfaction was contagious, and Caedes felt a swell of gratification for the collaborative effort.

Their gazes met, her grin reaching her eyes. ‘She must be pretty special then.’ The azure woman said lightly, her tone somewhere better curious and teasing. “Very special.” Caedes admitted, his tone softening as he bluntly spoke. “The term star-crossed may be fitting to describe our relationship.” He paused, considering his words carefully. “She gave me these pieces because she believes in our future. And now, thanks to you, they have found a place where they can shine.” He appreciated the sense of companionship between them. It was rare for him to connect with someone on such a level, especially within the pack of heathens. It was unexpected, but welcome, and Caedes was not one to beat around the bush.

“You have a steady hand, Aurelia.” He said, his tone sincere. “And a keen mind. If there are more theories you would like to test out, I would be honored to work alongside you.” Their interactions had always been pleasant enough, he saw no reason as to why he could not suggest she take up more of his time. He wagered she could use more distractions herself with her condition. His skull tilts to the side, the weight on his ears unfamiliar as he regards her.

"speaking"

Aurelia

Somnium

Master Healer (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Indie
06-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Aurelia's smirk grew at his affirmation of speciality, her cyan eyes gleaming with amusement. "Star-crossed, huh?" She drew out her words, the playful teasing evident in her tone. "Well, I hope things become simpler for you and Mariah in the near future." She offered a simple shrug as she diverted her attention back to cleaning up their work area. A moment of silence followed his thankful words, Aurelia struggling to come up with an appropriate response.

Finally, she glanced back at him, a genuine softness in her gaze. "You're welcome." The words were a simple echo of his sentiment, yet they held an uncharacteristic warmth. Leaning against the counter, she took a moment to fully regard him- allowing the silence to give weight to her words. The harsh winter light bounced off of his newly adorned jewelery, causing them to glimmer in the muted rays. She found herself momentarily captivated by the sight.

He was one of the Saxes and yet...different. There was no denying that he had been more patient and understanding than anyone else from his tier she had ever interacted with. His respect for her craft, even the way he spoke about his partner...it was all so...genuine. Caedes Saxe was a genuine individual. And she admired him for it. The question burned in the back of her mind. What are you doing here? What are you doing here among all these monsters? But she couldn’t bring herself to ask it.

Aurelia watched Caedes as he spoke, her eyes narrowing slightly at his unexpected proposal. His words echoed in her ears, the sincerity in his tone catching her off guard. In a way, it felt like he was offering more than just a partnership; it was an invitation to step into a world hitherto unexplored. A brief silence followed his statement, the quiet air filled with uncertainty as Aurelia chewed thoughtfully on the inside of her cheek. “That is quite generous Caedes,” she began, offering him a half-smirk. “I’ll have to take you up on that … but perhaps after things slow down a bit.” She said in light humor, as she absently gestured to her abdomen swollen with pups.

Aurelia moved to grab her satchel with the herbs he had given her and made a move toward the entrance, and just as she was about to go through, she hesitated, turning to offer him one last one-sided grin. “Until next time.” And with that, she slipped into the dappled sunlight, leaving Caedes alone in the dimly-lit den.

-Exit Aurelia unless stopped-

"Aurelia Veratti"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Maybe Next Time The Polar Sound 10:47 PM, 06-12-2024 10:47 AM, 06-20-2024