build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-27-2024, 02:02 PM

It was strange, how she felt like she immediately knew that she was pregnant. Her last heat had been a ghost of what it once was, but it had still happened. Hardly what it had been in her youth...

Theory had known, vaguely, that it might be possible, and she could pin down that it happened around the time of the bonfire festival in Auster. She and Thalia had lain together but the night was a blur of different faces and smells. When she'd woken the next morning feel stiff and thoroughly depleted, she hadn't been certain what had occurred but she had a good idea. She may have been a virgin for much of her life but she wasn't a fool. It was in the short weeks after that, during their journey back up through Boreas, that they'd both had several extremely vivid dreams. Dreams that felt realer than life, so much so that she'd wake with tastes dying on her tongue and the noises she'd heard during sleep still ringing in her ears. That had been the first clue.

And now, a little more than a month from the night they'd spent in God's Garden, Theory and Thalia arrived on Avalon's borders. They were tired, a little worn down by travel, and both visibly pregnant.

It was a miracle. For Theory to conceive this late in life, and to carry these litters together... it was fate. Theo had thought that she wasn't worthy of a home, of children, but Thalia's return to her life (and perhaps whatever larger forces existed) had proven her wrong. They'd agreed emphatically that they would raise these children as their own, but Theory had persuaded Thalia that it would be best to return to Avalon where she had family who could help. It would be overwhelming to do this on their own. Winter was fading into the chilly first days of spring, at least. A pleasant season to give birth. To start a family. Theory turned to Thalia and nuzzled the base of her ear affectionately. "I'm certain they'll welcome us," she murmured before calling for Corbie and Corvus. What would he even think of this news?

"Speech"

Thalia

Avalon
Fighter

Advanced Fighter (75)

Intermediate Intellectual (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipPride - AsexualUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantVolcano
Christmas 2019
07-05-2024, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2024, 01:14 PM by Thalia. Edited 1 time in total.)
Staying in a pack that included one of Theory's cousins, his mate, and all of their children had not been Thalia's first choice - but then again, what other choice did she really have? To raise them on their own, without the protections of a pack behind them? That hardly sounded ideal and for a litter such as this, ensuring they were brought up with all the luxuries that pack life afford them was important to her. Of utmost importance, even, regardless of what her cousin and his brood might think. She doubted he thought fondly of her family... though, Theory aside, it wasn't like she was particularly fond of the Destructions.

Her preconceived notions didn't matter now, though, not with the life that was growing slowly within her.

After their night together everything had felt different, though she was slower to believe what Theory seemed to instinctively know was true. They were both pregnant, though her memory of how was hazy at best and nonexistent at worse. It was nothing short of a divine miracle, bestowed upon them both by Abraxas himself, and it only further proved what she'd already decided true.

Beside Theory was exactly where she was meant to be all along.

She wasn't taking her pregnancy as well as her other half seemed to, feeling the fatigue settling deep into her bones, growing alongside the life within her. Thalia had never imagined life as a mother, but it seemed to make perfect sense now. The Abraxas had fought long and hard to convert the inhabitants of Boreas and Auster alike and they had only failed. Maybe it made sense to bring forth new blood into the world to secure their place in the heavenly realm above.

A groan left her lips as she paused at the border, her wariness with Theory's plan evident. This was the best idea they'd come up with though and knew she could play by their rules here and ensure a safe home for all of these children. It was the most important thing to her now. "I hope so," she sighed against Theory's face, twisting her head slightly into the other woman's.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Mammoth HunterPride - BisexualBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019Promptober 2019
07-10-2024, 02:58 PM
Twig was gone.

If he'd ever been asked to picture a world without her he would've always thought it'd be bleak, barely even worth living in. But strangely enough it wasn't quite as dire as he could've envisioned - not because he didn't miss her, quite the contrary. There was hardly an hour that passed without him thinking of her, and certainly no night where he didn't stir awake and imagine her smell still tightly coiled around him. He looked for her everywhere, in every shadow, and listened for her voice on the breeze. He knew she was gone, but Corvus couldn't stop himself from longing for her with every fiber of his being.

She was part of him in a way he couldn't untangle, but she was still here in their children, and for that reason he found strength.

He'd mourned for her and he'd cried so many tears, but it wasn't his time yet and he knew when it that she'd be waiting there for him - wherever she might be - and greet him just as warmly and lovingly as she had in this world.

If not for their children he likely wouldn't have found the will to keep living but they were his world, his purpose, and he would be strong for them. And for his cousin, who had come and gone a few times since their reunion. It seemed as though she'd found some sort of wanderlust spirit that she hadn't had in their youth these last few years and he couldn't fault her for it. He was merely glad she was alive and well enough, and happy to see her when she came around.

He didn't know when he'd hear from her next but he was so glad to hear her call, ringing out across the Range. Her call had an air of importance to it that made him feel slightly on edge, but regardless of her reasoning for calling for both himself and Corbie he was delighted to see her again.

As quickly as he was able he made his way across the territory, moving slower than he had the last time he'd answered her call. His pace picked up just slightly by sheer force of will when he realized who was beside her, and - more importantly - that she seemed... visibly pregnant? How was such a thing possible, at her age? And Thalia too? Strange.

Sea-green eyes widened slightly as he approached and slowed to a halt, glancing at Thalia briefly though his attention was fixated on Theory. "How.. when.. who..." He stumbled over his own words, confusion evident in his tone. "I... I'm so glad to see you at our borders, cousin. Tell me you'll be staying?" His attention moved to her visibly pregnant belly, wondering if his suspicions were right but waiting for confirmation. His face could barely contain his excitement and joy, though he tried to reign it in and get verification Theory felt similarly before laying it on her.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
07-22-2024, 08:28 PM
Corbie set down her work, head cocking to the side in curiosity, as she listened to a voice calling for her... her and Corvus. How intriguing. Rising to her paws she trotted for the border with Ren at her side, arriving to see Corvus already there and two women, both obviously pregnant, speaking with him. She blinked, but smiled a welcoming smile. "Please, come in and get off your paws, you both could use the rest I'm sure." She gestured the two women towards the barn, all solicitous concern. With a nod of her head towards Ren, she sent the dog speeding off ahead to have Ayer put on a kettle for something warming - she knew Ren would know what was on her mind. "Otherwise, welcome to Avalon, and what can I do for you, ladies?"
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-27-2024, 10:48 AM

Theory couldn't wipe the quirked, wry smile off of her face at Corvus' strangled greeting. It was strange, to be sure. Had she not been the one experiencing this... miracle... herself, she would have reacted much the same. Theo leaned slightly on Thalia, savoring the warmth from the shoulder-to-shoulder touch and curling her head protectively over top of the smaller female's for just a moment. It felt good, to be together like this. Like she was finally made whole again.

Corbie wasted no time in attending to their call, as any good alpha would. The alpha's words of welcome had the last bit of tension releasing from her shoulders at last - although she had expected this kindness to be offered to them, it was another thing entirely to experience it first hand. "Oh, Corvus..." she said quietly, her eyes welling. "There is nothing I want more than to raise these children among family and the safety of a pack," Theo added, turning to Corbie to plead their case. "Corbie, your kindness warms my heart. I've come to ask for sanctuary, for my mate and myself and our unborn children. Our is, ah, unexpected... to say the least," she murmured, the clear dusting of white across her muzzle the clear punchline to her not-a-joke.

Life had not been kind to her these past few years, but these children would herald an incredible change. A new beginning. "We are old, but still capable. We can provide for ourselves and assist with the husbandry of your animals - really, whatever you would have us do," Theory was getting carried away with herself now, trying to prove their worth and assure them safety, despite the kind warmth in Corbie's eyes. Would it be so easy, to ask for help and receive it? She had to hope.

"Speech"

Thalia

Avalon
Fighter

Advanced Fighter (75)

Intermediate Intellectual (50)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipPride - AsexualUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantVolcano
Christmas 2019
08-05-2024, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2024, 01:14 PM by Thalia. Edited 1 time in total.)
They weren't left waiting for long, something Thalia was grateful for. Her family's reputation was not at all lost on her and she worried they might not be welcomed here, even if Theory seemed quite sure they would be. She studied Corvus quietly as he arrived, looking stunned but not at all as off-put by her presence as she feared. She gave a quiet nod of greeting, content to let Theory lead the conversation - even more so when another wolf arrived, presumably the leader of Avalon that Theory had described to her. Another polite nod was offered, though the way she shifted from side to side was proof enough she was eager to get off her paws.

"My name is Thalia Abraxas. I, too, will do whatever is needed of me," Thalia explained simply. Her own voice held an air of obvious exhaustion that she didn't bother hiding. "I was trained as a fighter but I can help in any way you see fit. I have no trouble pulling my own weight." The Abraxas woman couldn't help but feel a little wary, naturally distrusting of strangers in general. There was no way she could know how sullied her family name was at this point, or if this Corbie woman even cared either way. She just hoped their promise was enough to allow them and their soon to be born children sanctuary here.

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
08-05-2024, 11:42 PM
She was worried at the obvious exhaustion evident on the two other females. "Of course we will gladly give you both sanctuary, and your children," she said quickly, wincing a little internally that she'd jumped in before Corvus, who was closer to them, could respond. It was rude of her, even though she was the pack's alpha, and she shot him an apologetic look. Even if the women hadn't looked ready to fall over at a stiff breeze, even if they hadn't been so heavily pregnant, she'd likely have jumped at the chance to bring them into Avalon's fold simply for Corvus' sake, and that of his children. With Twig's passing they'd all been left desolate, the pack quiet and depressed in general, and she thought that having family close and bringing new lives into the pack would be a welcome balm to help heal the loss they all felt. "Please, do not stand on ceremony. Come in and rest yourselves, and we can discuss what role you'd like within the pack, if any."
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times