gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-01-2024, 10:56 PM
It made sense for Strai to be heading back this way again so soon. It wasn’t that long ago that he had parted ways with Spider. He didn’t really have any excuses, either. That’s probably my fault, I made things awkward. Spider thought he’d been keeping away because of what they’d said. He didn’t want Spider to feel that way. He didn’t want to lose his friend, his only friend outside Delphi. The only wolf who had ever actually worked to batter through his layers and find something else inside. Delphi hadn’t driven through it so much as stumbled there, accidentally.

He stopped near the Armada again, sitting on his rump for a moment, debating the proper way to go about it. Last time he had sent his Owl. That had worked fairly well, so… why not again? He nodded to his companion, and he sailed through the air towards the Armada. Searching for the little wolf.

"Speech"

[Image: Au67KGz.png]

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (201)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
07-01-2024, 11:57 PM
the appearance of Strai’s owl is a welcome surprise; Spider hadn’t expected to see him again so soon. “hi there,” they murmur to the companion, smiling wanly as they scrub at their face. another night of poor sleep has only deepened the dark circles under their eyes, and they can only imagine how they must look, but they won’t let that deter them from seeing their friend. following the owl’s flight path, Spider rounds the corner, something softening in their chest at the sight of Strai. “aren’t you a sight for sore eyes,” they tease, though it lacks their usual buoyancy. mostly they just feel tired. it hangs over them like a shroud, draped heavily across their shoulders. they move to hug him, needing the comfort of a familiar presence. “how’ve you been?”

"Speech"
1-D4-BC8-FA-F2-A8-4248-A607-57-A418-BA7-D2-C-removebg-preview

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-02-2024, 12:14 AM
This time Strai wasn’t busy making an exit when Spider appeared. In fact, he looked a little more at ease as he stood there, waiting for his friend to appear. Or he was, until he saw Spider. He got to his paws, crinkling his nose at the sight of them. Spider looked like they had been run ragged, crinkles under their eyes and a slowness to their step.

Spider was usually the more buoyant of the two, and didn’t usually reach straight for a hug. But Strai wrapped a paw around the other wolf, pressing them lightly to him. “Never mind that, how have you been. You look… you look tired.” He settled on, knowing he had no tact.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (201)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
07-02-2024, 01:14 AM
Spider’s eyes flutter shut, relishing in the comforting familiarity of Strai’s embrace. it’s nice to be around someone completely removed from all the drama, someone outside of the Armada. of course, Strai is quick to inquire about their well-being, and Spider doesn’t even try to feign confusion. they know how they look, the misery clinging to them like an unshakeable burr. “ah.” Spider withdraws a little, sucking in a shaky breath. at least they know Strai would never judge them. “Hazel, um, left. she and Bas…broke up.” their mouth twitches downward, face crumpling briefly in the moment it takes to school their expression. it doesn’t work, in any case; their eyes are over bright and shining wetly. “so i guess we’re both m-motherless again.” they keep waiting for the pain to fade, but it crashes down on them in fresh waves of agony. hadn’t they been trying to comfort Strai mere weeks ago? who are they offer advice, or insight; these days they just feel like the vessel of a broken heart.

"Speech"

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-02-2024, 01:28 AM
Strai felt himself in an odd position he realised, looking at Spider, that he hated to see them miserable. He had come to Spider when he was upset, wanting the other wolf to make things better. It had helped, too. Just talking it out with someone who cared had made a difference. Now here was Spider, in a similar predicament, only Strai didn’t know how to talk it out. He didn’t make things better with words. He made them better with might.

“She left? Because your.. Because of Bas?” He asked, trying to decipher exactly what had happened. “Spider i’m.. I’m sorry.” He said, knowing his words weren’t adequate. “I’m here, tell me about it. Tell me what I can do.”

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (201)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
07-02-2024, 02:06 AM
they know from experience how uncomfortable Strai is with emotion, so it means a lot that he’s willing to listen. that he wants to lend an ear. “Bas realised the love he felt for Hazel wasn’t romantic,” Spider begins, hiccuping slightly, “and she -“ they cover their eyes with a paw, as though to hide from the very words. “she scarred him, Strai. right here.” they trace the scar on their own face, stomach roiling at the memory. “and then…Bas fell in love with his slave.” that’s not entirely fair on Ignita, they know that, but they can’t quite keep the venom from their voice as they spit her name. “i thought she was my friend, and all this time she’d been…” fucking my dad. fury is a hot ball in their chest.

Spider pushes it down, rubbing at their ribcage as though to alleviate the ache there. and Ignita had had the audacity to call them her best friend. Spider has always been open, willing to befriend anyone they encounter; maybe they ought to be more careful. selective. “i don’t think there’s anything to be done. they’re going to just skip off into the sunset - they want to have children - and it’s…it’s gonna kill me, Strai.” the last bit is a whisper, and it’s both horrible and cathartic at once to give voice to the ugly thing at the back of their mind. “i can’t be happy for them. does that make me a bad person?”

"Speech"

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-02-2024, 02:20 AM

Strai could only listen in horror as Spider told him about their family falling apart. Basilisk left HAzel for another woman, someone Spider thought was their friend. He could hear the horror, the despair, the furry and it started to coil something inside Strai’s chest. Hearing that hopelessness in Spider was almost too much. Spider was a wolf who would bend over backwards for the wolves they loved. They tried so hard and this was what it got them?

They want to have children, and it’s gonna kill me. “No.” Strai said, pushing a little away from Spider so he could look them in the eye. “No it does not, and you shouldn’t have to be. They made a mess of it, and you're not going to be picking up the pieces. In fact, you're coming with me. I won't let you let your compassion and loyalty hold you there, not when it's clearly tearing you up inside. You can come with me willingly, or I’m dragging you back to Hemlock.” He growled. That was how he fixed things, with might.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (201)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
07-02-2024, 03:06 AM
Strai’s vehemence is gratifying, soothing some of their uncertainty. they’ve needed this, someone to tell them that no, what they’d said to Ignita doesn’t made them a monster. that their response had been justified. it’s like a cooling balm on their anger. but as Strai continues, Spider blinks in shock, jerking back instinctively. leave the Armada? “that’s very kind of you, Strai,” Spider murmurs, truly touched that he cares so much, “but i can’t just go. they need me here.” was that even true? sure, they’re sort of co-heir - but the pack has Wylan, don’t they? and though Bas tries, his attention will soon be focused on his impending litter. maybe they’d just get in the way, here. maybe…they ought to leave. “i can’t,” they say again, this time a little less certainly. “Bas needs me.” but…does he?

"Speech"

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-02-2024, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2024, 03:12 AM by Astraios. Edited 1 time in total.)

Strai breathed through the rush of emotions that swamped him at Spider’s confession, and watched the other wolf. Looking for signs that would tell him one way or another what Spider would do. He got his answer soon enough when the other wolf stammered, uncertain, afraid to shake the boat. That’s okay, Spider didn’t have to.

“It's not your fault if you don’t have a choice. You're coming with me.” He warned Spider, and leaped forward, aiming to grab the other wolf’s scruff in his teeth. His end goal was to haul the other wolf over his shoulder and drag him back to Hemlock . His Spider wasn’t going back to a pack that had hurt him like that. At least, not today. He didn’t have any further pains than taking away Spiders pain in the moment.

Astraios vs Spider for force claim
Round 1/2?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Small dagged with sheath
Defensive Battle Accessory: Protective bracers
Companion 1: Snowy Owl, Male, Battle
Companion 2: Snow Leopard, Male, 25"
Mutation 1: Cheek Bone Spurs (Defensive)
Mutation 2: Retractable Claws (Offensive)
Skills: Master Fighter & Expert Hunter

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (201)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
07-02-2024, 04:00 AM
for a moment, Spider is too shocked to react. Strai seems to move as though in slow motion, making a grab for them, his teeth skimming the fur of their scruff moments before they snap to attention. Spider wrenches themselves to the side, attempting to dodge Strai’s…attack? they can’t even call it that. he’s doing this out of concern, after all, so even as they stare at him in dismay, they can’t bring themselves to be truly angry. “Strai, just…please. we can talk this out.” they dance on the balls of their toes, poised on the precipice of fear and anxiety. Strai is much larger than them; if he truly wants to overpower them, he probably can. “there has to be a better solution.” true, they don’t know what that is, exactly, but the last thing they want to is to fight their friend. Spider moves in a cautious arc around Strai, eyes trained on him for any sudden movements. their muscles are tense, every tendon taut with anticipation.

Araneae (Spider) vs Astraios for force claim
Round 1/2
Size: Extra small
Offensive Battle Accessory: Small dagger engraved w/ "Spider Fatalis"
Defensive Battle Accessory: leather corset
Companion 1: Raven, Male - Flying
Companion 2: Black swamp snake, female - battle
Skills: Expert Hunter & Master Fighter

"Speech"

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
07-02-2024, 04:06 AM

“Of course we can” he growls as his teeth just glance off the edges of Spider’s fur. He was reasonable, of course they would talk about it. “Back at Hemlock.” He continued. Away from here, and the wolves that had upset Spider. At least he wasn’t going for Basilisk’s throat, though he might have if the other wolf was here. Leaving Spiders mum? Falling in love with Spider's friend? That sounded like he was trying to isolate Spider!

Spider was on the defensive, not really going for an attack on Strai, just guarding for Strai’s next move. The Hemlock wolf feigned to the right, and then darted to the left. Trying again to grab the smaller wolf. Nothing he was doing was trying to hurt them. He was just… cutting off their options.

Astraios vs Spider for force claim
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Offensive Battle Accessory: Small dagged with sheath
Defensive Battle Accessory: Protective bracers
Companion 1: Snowy Owl, Male, Battle
Companion 2: Snow Leopard, Male, 25"
Mutation 1: Cheek Bone Spurs (Defensive)
Mutation 2: Retractable Claws (Offensive)
Skills: Master Fighter & Expert Hunter

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Expert Hunter (201)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
07-02-2024, 04:48 AM
Spider continues to feint and dodge, but their defences are quickly worn down, and they grow more frazzled with every moment. Strai seems determined, and they know how stubborn he can be. “this could start trouble for Hemlock,” they protest, hoping to appeal to Strai’s logical side. he can’t want Delphi’s new throne threatened by Bas, surely? but then…will Bas even notice they’re gone? they quash the thought, unwilling to let it distract them. of course he will.

Spider is dodging so briskly now that they’re almost tripping over themselves. Strai’s herding them, they realise, rather belatedly. they’re more than a bit trapped. Spider lets out a squeak of surprise as his teeth find purchase, thrashing against his grip. still, just as Strai isn’t trying to hurt them, neither can they bring themselves to harm Strai. when their paws bat against his larger form, it’s without claws, just a light attempt to push him away. “this isn’t the way, Strai.” a final plea to see reason.

Araneae (Spider) vs Astraios for force claim
Round 2/2
Size: Extra small
Offensive Battle Accessory: Small dagger engraved w/ "Spider Fatalis"
Defensive Battle Accessory: leather corset
Companion 1: Raven, Male - Flying
Companion 2: Black swamp snake, female - battle
Skills: Expert Hunter & Master Fighter

"Speech"